• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

...yes? Why wouldn't they? That's what I had interpreted out of the ending, even after RotG.

Well, they really seem to be focusing on Lightning and her "journey" or whatever, what makes you think they would take the spotlight from her? It just seems weird to me, but who knows, wouldn't be a bad thing imo.

Esura

Banned
That is my assumption. And if that is the case, I would rather the game focus on his redemption, since that tale certainly sounds more interesting than this Smarch doomsday affair.

I wondered if this game would cover it even slightly but I'm not sure. It seems like its gonna take a backseat to this doomsday stuff and Lightning since she is the sole focus of the game. I would at least like to see some closure with him and the Yeuls though, even if they only put it in the Datalogs.

Full shop, I'm pleased with the result:

Yae3G.jpg

Still the mini-capes should be a full mini-cape and the skirt should only have a split-seam in the front, but that would only help the design by a margin.

If the loose chaps were a skirt and the arm capes was an actual cape, it wouldn't look that bad

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Your XIII one is a pre-rendered high quality model. The gameplay one looked closer to XIII-2's.

I think this one is close enough because the first transitionless battle cutscene used the gameplay model rather than the pre-rendered one from what I've noticed (not-so-smooth scene, model lacking the pre-rendered quality):

She definitely looked like ass in XIII. Although they could have went back the pre-rendered ways or they really upped the quality of Lightning in LRFFXIII.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You only say that because you don't have time! lol. In all seriousness I wouldn't either. rofl.
You don't have time to write one either!

Well, they really seem to be focusing on Lightning and her "journey" or whatever, what makes you think they would take the spotlight from her? It just seems weird to me, but who knows, wouldn't be a bad thing imo.
But Lightning wasn't even the focus of the previous game. Her story was finished and I felt like her role was essentially being the goddess's delegation. Since the goddess is gone, that official role would have ultimately fell to her and she would have been in charge. I wouldn't have been surprised if she just recruited other people to do her dirty work much again like she did with Noel and Serah in FF13-2.

Yeah... while I reserve judgement on LR:FFXIII until I play it. I now wish it was about Noel instead. :( Damn, that disappoints me that it isn't now.
It really is too bad that they didn't see that and run with it. It seemed like the most obvious thing to do to me. Much like how FFXIII-2 starred Serah--it merely starred the people who were left behind and who were forced to take up the mantle of being the hero.

Esura said:
I wondered if this game would cover it even slightly but I'm not sure. It seems like its gonna take a backseat to this doomsday stuff. I would at least like to see some closure with him and the Yeuls though.
Maybe a minor sidequest string.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think this one is close enough because the first transitionless battle cutscene used the gameplay model rather than the pre-rendered one from what I've noticed (not-so-smooth scene, model lacking the pre-rendered quality):

She definitely looked like ass in XIII. Although they could have went back the pre-rendered ways or they really upped the quality of Lightning in LRFFXIII.

Yeah, her gameplay models in XIII and XIII-2 were quite poor compared to some of the other characters.

LuuKyK

If the loose chaps were a skirt and the arm capes was an actual cape, it wouldn't look that bad

I think if those leg capes were shorter, like a short skirt, and went all around her waist like a proper skirt (the open in the front could stay though) it would be perfect. Don't even need to get the back cape longer.

Stuart444

Well Noel is in the game, we know that. He probably will take on a slightly more serious demeanor but that's about all that will happen with him character wise.

Servbot24

Banned
XIII Lightning is honestly my favorite FF character design. So slick. Comparatively loathed XIII-2's, and this one is somewhere in between.

LuuKyK

Well Noel is in the game, we know that. He probably will take on a slightly more serious demeanor but that's about all that will happen with him character wise.

Tbh we just saw his arm. Maybe its one of those flashback scenes. I mean, he wouldn't be wearing the same clothes hundreds of years later...

Which translated in Toriyama means this.

He will show up, have a monologue while looking down in the ground or staring into nothing in particular. Lightning will probably say the word "hope. Noel will too, followed by Hope. And then he does nothing for the rest of the game.

PK Gaming

He will show up, have a monologue while looking down in the ground or staring into nothing in particular. Lightning will probably say the word "hope. Noel will too, followed by Hope. And then he does nothing for the rest of the game.

I will pay you if something of that nature happens.

I won't actually pay you

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Ahahaha.

Probably.

Thoraxes

FYI, there's a string from the LR JP website that has the trailer something like "Pre_Kitase" under an assets section for the movie.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
While I'm satisfied with what I've seen thus far, hopefully they'll release something that would appeal to all FF fans one day.

Will never happen.
This will never happen as all new FF games are always going to be divisive.

You and me both.
No new Suikoden, no Classic Sonic spinoff series, no new Shadow Hearts, no western version of Bravely Default, no 20th anniversary FF5 game...

FYI, there's a string from the LR JP website that has the trailer something like "Pre_Kitase" under an assets section for the movie.
Probably the part of the presentation that Kitase did?

Stark

Banned
Tbh we just saw his arm. Maybe its one of those flashback scenes. I mean, he wouldn't be wearing the same clothes hundreds of years later...

I was thinking they were hiding him because they are still working on his outfit. Probably gave a hint he's there. But it's not flashback because you see Lightning in her new outfit. Unless you meant within the game.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
The character design is ridiculously over-done, and doesn't seem like a real human in a world at all compared to the older FF's. Square needs to look at Ico or something to see how to do a simple character in an interesting environment. They have totally misconstrued what needs to be done on an HD console and are shooting themselves in the foot with this uncanny valley BS.

Honestly, Shadow of the Collossus is a better successor to Final Fantasy than the recent Final Fantasies. The things that excited people was the world, not the battle system and melodrama -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom