• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr lurtle

ephemeral

Yes, I'm not going to back the kickstarter, I'll buy the standard edition once it's ready on the limitedrungames web.

I think I'll do the same. I remember in here that the first print of RCR for PS4 was only gonna decrease in value temporarily when the reprint was released, but it's been a couple of months and it's still selling for less than half of what it used to do. Lost a lot of money from that.

I think I'll do the same. I remember in here that the first print of RCR for PS4 was only gonna decrease in value temporarily when the reprint was released, but it's been a couple of months and it's still selling for less than half of what it used to do. Lost a lot of money from that.
Surely the KickStarter exclusive box art is worth something though, right?

I'm not familiar with the RCR print so I don't know if there was a difference between original and reprint.

Famassu

Has anyones international Black Friday order moved beyond the first tracking step yet? Mine was shipped on the 8th but nothing since then
"Current Status: Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse"

Got my shipping confirmation from LRG a week ago.

"A couple of months" is pretty much "temporarily". If you're going to speculate on a game's value, your options are basically "very short term" (what scalpers typically do) or else "the long run". Over time (think: years from now) your first print copy will become more valuable.

ephemeral

Surely the KickStarter exclusive box art is worth something though, right?

I'm not familiar with the RCR print so I don't know if there was a difference between original and reprint.
I picked up two copies of RCR when it was £130, and shortly after the reprint was announced. The exclusive cover art is worth something, the question is how much. I'm not taking any risks with that anymore.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I picked up two copies of RCR when it was £130, and shortly after the reprint was announced. The exclusive cover art is worth something, the question is how much. I'm not taking any risks with that anymore.

Did you need them right away?
Almost everyone was saying the original would drop when the reprint would come out. The argument was whether it would be temporary or not.

ephemeral

"A couple of months" is pretty much "temporarily". If you're going to speculate on a game's value, your options are basically "very short term" (what scalpers typically do) or else "the long run". Over time (think: years from now) your first print copy will become more valuable.
Thanks for the info; I'm still fairly new to collecting so my knowledge sure is lacking. What about those exclusive Kickstarter covers? They'll probably increase by a serious amount then?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I wasn't aware of the reprint at the time of purchase.
Ah ok.
You wrote that you picked them up shortly after the reprint was announced which is why I stated that.

Edit:
Re-reading. Oh i see you meant shortly after you purchased that the reprint was announced.

Thanks for the info; I'm still fairly new to collecting so my knowledge sure is lacking. What about those exclusive Kickstarter covers? They'll probably increase by a serious amount then?

Hard to tell. A lot will depend on the popularity of the platform (i.e. the Vita) among collectors in the future. If you look at retro platforms right now, it seems to me that in general games for home consoles tend to fetch higher prices on average than portable console games. So, collecting for PS4 may actually be a safer bet right now if your aim is to "generate collector value". With the Vita however you might get a similar process to that of the Saturn, where the system was "prematurely" abandoned by its vendor, and a die hard fan base keeps its legacy alive. It's hard to predict though. The Saturn has a completely different game library, which obviously is also an important factor in the after market.

But regardless of whether or not you will or won't be able to get top dollar for those Kickstarter exclusive covers in the future, I would say it's going to be fairly certain that out of all the cover variants they will be the more desirable ones in the future. So even if they might not land you big money, they WILL still get you a bit more bragging rights in the future Vita community.

Shizuka

The newest Atelier title now has a release date in the West. That's six Atelier titles that have yet to get a physical release for the Vita in the West (Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus, Ayesha Plus, Sophie and now Firis).

Save us, LRG!

ephemeral

Hard to tell. A lot will depend on the popularity of the platform (i.e. the Vita) among collectors in the future. If you look at retro platforms right now, it seems to me that in general games for home consoles tend to fetch higher prices on average than portable console games. So, collecting for PS4 may actually be a safer bet right now if your aim is to "generate collector value". With the Vita however you might get a similar process to that of the Saturn, where the system was "prematurely" abandoned by its vendor, and a die hard fan base keeps its legacy alive. It's hard to predict though. The Saturn has a completely different game library, which obviously is also an important factor in the after market.

But regardless of whether or not you will or won't be able to get top dollar for those Kickstarter exclusive covers in the future, I would say it's going to be fairly certain that out of all the cover variants they will be the more desirable ones in the future. So even if they might not land you big money, they WILL still get you a bit more bragging rights in the future Vita community.
Great info, thanks. If it wasn't for the inevitable customs charges I'd pick up the Kickstarter copy but the fees will add an extra $25+.

The Saturn has a lot more heavy hitters though imo, plenty of very critically acclaimed games. Sure Vita has some too but those are often not exclusive like many of the well received Saturn games.

Ah ok.
You wrote that you picked them up shortly after the reprint was announced which is why I stated that.

Edit:
Re-reading. Oh i see you meant shortly after you purchased that the reprint was announced.

Yeah, bad timing.

Great info, thanks. If it wasn't for the inevitable customs charges I'd pick up the Kickstarter copy but the fees will add an extra $25+.

The Saturn has a lot more heavy hitters though imo, plenty of very critically acclaimed games. Sure Vita has some too but those are often not exclusive like many of the well received Saturn games.

A game being critically acclaimed or not doesn't play that big of a role in collectibility or desirability imo. One of the priciest games on PS2 right now, Rule of Rose, wasn't received very well when it launched.

Exclusiveness to the platform is definitely an important factor, or in case it being multiplatform when one version is clearly superior over the others. Actual rarity (= number of copies in existence) also counts of course. But for truly shitty games, 10,000 copies may still be a whole lot. If you check eBay for some of LRG's past releases, you'll notice immediately how there are plenty of copies available of some games, and they aren't all that expensive. Meanwhile, other games are definitely pricier, and only a few copies are listed at a time, even though a similar amount of copies exist. So it's a mix of how the community regards the quality of the game, it being exclusive or not, and the actual rarity.

The newest Atelier title now has a release date in the West. That's six Atelier titles that have yet to get a physical release for the Vita in the West (Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus, Ayesha Plus, Sophie and now Firis).

Save us, LRG!

I'd hoped for a super-secret "LRG are handling the physical release of Firis on Vita!" alongside a release date, but alas.

Still, I'd rather have Arland (+ Ayesha) physically. Arland is one of my favourite gaming trilogies ever. And if I got those it'd free up 9GB on my memory card which I can use for Sophie + Firis + Mysterious #3 :p

iratA

Um... so does anyone have their Shantae order yet? Mine looks like its back in the US? It should of been en route to Australia....

My order currently looks like this:

12/19/2016 10:40 AM Departed Processing Center NEW YORK,
12/18/2016 9:04 AM Departed Terminal Location ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS),
12/17/2016 10:04 PM In Sorting Facility JAMAICA,NY
12/17/2016 10:04 AM In Sorting Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS),
12/10/2016 5:49 PM Departed Terminal Location AUSTRALIA
12/9/2016 7:30 PM Departed Processing Center TOKYO,
12/9/2016 1:56 PM Departed Processing Center SYDNEY,
12/7/2016 12:05 PM Departed Processing Center NEW YORK,
12/5/2016 9:27 PM Departed Terminal Location ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS),
12/3/2016 8:00 AM Departed Processing Center East Rutherford, NJ
12/2/2016 8:06 PM Parcel Order Manifested , Ready For Export East Rutherford, NJ
12/2/2016 5:24 PM Parcel Order Scanned East Rutherford, NJ
11/9/2016 5:35 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

Should I send Limited Run an email to find out whats going on here?

ephemeral

Heads up, Wild guns is up on Amazon w/ limited keychain.

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc

So many games these days have to have some sort of collectible? It never stops, lol.

A game being critically acclaimed or not doesn't play that big of a role in collectibility or desirability imo. One of the priciest games on PS2 right now, Rule of Rose, wasn't received very well when it launched.

Exclusiveness to the platform is definitely an important factor, or in case it being multiplatform when one version is clearly superior over the others. Actual rarity (= number of copies in existence) also counts of course. But for truly shitty games, 10,000 copies may still be a whole lot. If you check eBay for some of LRG's past releases, you'll notice immediately how there are plenty of copies available of some games, and they aren't all that expensive. Meanwhile, other games are definitely pricier, and only a few copies are listed at a time, even though a similar amount of copies exist. So it's a mix of how the community regards the quality of the game, it being exclusive or not, and the actual rarity.

I meant in general. I remember buying games for the Saturn and some of the more common ones were still expensive since they were sought after, just like some Nintendo games. It's difficult to read the market for sure, and I'm far from good at it, so I appreciate all the tips you hand out to me.

ephemeral

Um... so does anyone have their Shantae order yet? Mine looks like its back in the US? It should of been en route to Australia....

12/2/2016 8:06 PM Parcel Order Manifested , Ready For Export East Rutherford, NJ
11/9/2016 5:35 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

I'd open a ticket if I were you, it seems to yield better results.

Same happened here

My Shantaes arrived in Sydney and then were sent back to the US :/ Wtf is this a thing haha. I sent a support ticket hopefully they can sort it out.
I wonder what happened now. I thought the fulfilment center was dropped to prevent stuff like that..

mabec

Yup, it arrived after some investigation (EU)

Got my copies today. But the shipping had problem notifying me, they arrived on friday which I noticed on LMR website when I tracked the package but when it crossed the border it got a new tracking number, a number I never received and had to contact the shipping company in order to track my parcel.. pretty bad standard if this is something that happens to everyone

MC0FHgI.jpg

Jimm

That's exactly what happened to mine, I sent a support ticket 2 days ago. No word yet (I get it, it's a busy time of year) but you're not alone!
I'll keep you updated as i learn more.

hawk2025

Slightly off-topic, but I just received the PS4 version of 1/2 Genie Hero.

There is something utterly bizarre and cool about the existence of three PHYSICAL Shantae games on PS4 :p

Olengie

I couldve sworn it was cheaper. Couldve been mistaken. Just not down for $9 shipping for 1 Vita game when I could just wait for LRGs release

Semoreh

If you're having so many doubts, I wouldn't back it tbh. The project is going to be fine without your support. 150+ new backers yesterday. I think it's gonna reach the Vita stretch goal fairly easily.

Shipping is going to be cheaper than LRG's shipping no doubt. But whether it is "worth it" or not is a bit of a silly consideration. No, it is not worth it. Unless you absolutely need that alternative cover and your life will be over without it, it's not a good decision to spend money on something that you won't be getting in at least the next year. So many other things you could use the money for in the meantime.

If you just want the game, get it when it actually releases.

Yeah, I'll probably do that.
I rarely back, and i'd be backing for the wrong reasons here ^^

Slightly off-topic, but I just received the PS4 version of 1/2 Genie Hero.

There is something utterly bizarre and cool about the existence of three PHYSICAL Shantae games on PS4 :p

I wish they'd included the first game on one of the CDs.
Will this game release physically in Europe ? I can't find anything, it might be us only so far...

Olengie

I got over the shipping. The Sharin PR explained it was EMS Shipping and it should arrive in a week and has insurance. Thats pretty good. lol

takoyaki

Lone Survivor goes up for sale on December 30th.

thanks, I was wondering if the release had been pushed to 2017.

This will be an interesting one to watch. There's probably a level of interest similar to Stealth Inc. and it goes up for sale at a time when many people will be distracted/busy with post-Xmas pre-New Years stuff.

NotMSRP

What other unlimited use coupons are out there?

I support Censored Gaming as censorship issues are of great importance and interest to me. No one else really covers this topic regularly.

Decider

Do you NEED the keychain? Play Asia still has it for $30 + shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/wild-guns-reloaded/13/70aba3

$3 off with code "GEMATSU"

EDIT: Actually amazon still lets you order it with shipping date of Dec 28th

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5D9SGF/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't care about the keychain but I value Amazon's CS and shipping over PA, especially at this time of year. Not to mention that PA's shit packaging and even worse mobile site ensured that River City: Tokyo Rumble arrived damaged.

No matter, anyway. Amazon won't ship this game outside the US, which is farcical for a region-free console.

I don't care about the keychain but I value Amazon's CS and shipping over PA, especially at this time of year. Not to mention that PA's shit packaging and even worse mobile site ensured that River City: Tokyo Rumble arrived damaged.

No matter, anyway. Amazon won't ship this game outside the US, which is farcical for a region-free console.

So VGP then?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24131

Sounds like you don't really even want the game tbh. PA and VGP are both good options for intl customers.

Decider

So VGP then?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24131

Sounds like you don't really even want the game tbh. PA and VGP are both good options for intl customers.
If I didn't want it I wouldn't be posting about it, nor would I be contacting Natsume. I haven't used VGP since their poor handling of a data breach a few years ago and I just explained that the previous Natsume game I ordered from PA was damaged in the mail due to poor packaging and that their CS is subpar.

Ultimately I'm going to have to end up ordering it from PA but not shipping internationally via Amazon is a bit silly.

Agreed, I chose VGP over Amazon and I live in the US. Seems dumb that these were never up for preorder here when they were elsewhere. Natsume taking a page from Nintendo's marketing handbook.

Natsume's approach on amazon is weird, but it seems they do put up more stock every now and then and even do reprints?

They're considering doing another run of Tokyo Rumble for example
https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/811279351064969216

Anyway, it's really not that hard to get their games, so I don't think it's an issue

NDPsycho

Natsume's approach on amazon is weird, but it seems they do put up more stock every now and then and even do reprints?

They're considering doing another run of Tokyo Rumble for example
https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/811279351064969216

Anyway, it's really not that hard to get their games, so I don't think it's an issue

Not hard, but harder than it should be. Mostly making the Nintendo joke for that reason. No option to preorder here (like nes classic, with a few exceptions) and requiring you catch the stock when its randomly listed (like some amiibo). It should be easier than that. VGP is a good source though, mine shipped monday. I wasn't aware of them having a data breach, but i stick to paypal whenever possible anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom