• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link's Crossbow Training screens

Lobster

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Is it just me or does the desert not look as fugly as before

Well we haven't seen the night version of the desert. Oh boy did some serious (bad)shit happen in the desert at night.

The sand looks great. WTF are you talking about?
I hope this game has some kind of boss fights. Hopefully the freedom fighters return in some form.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Why not I guess? It looks nice enough and I *am* a consumer whore.

Are there 2-4 player modes?

Looks surprisingly decent. I wanted to get the Zapper anyways, this makes the decision a no-brainer.

Tempy said:
Why not I guess? It looks nice enough and I *am* a consumer whore.

Are there 2-4 player modes?
Yeah but not simultaniously. Pass-The-Zapper mode if you like.

Phife Dawg said:
Looks surprisingly decent. I wanted to get the Zapper anyways, this makes the decision a no-brainer.

Yeah but not simultaniously. Pass-The-Zapper mode if you like.

Pass-The-Zapper

Zap-A-Zombie

Feed-Me-A-Cat

Shoot-The-Target

camineet

Banned
1547123251_17dd20ce50.jpg

that's awesome :D

Nakasan

This game is looking great!

Why are people looking down their snooty noses at it?

Its not a full blown adventure game, and it knows it. Thats why its cheap!! I'm personally very much looking forward to it.

How about this aswell... Wii Play shooting range game, my girlfriend loves. That will lead into her playing crossbow training. Could this lead her onto playing a genuine Zelda? hmmm?? hmmmmmmmm????!?!? If so, Nintendo's approach wins gold.

Ogni-XR21 said:
So can I get the standalone "game" for 10 bucks then?

(the reason for having the zapper is still beyond me)
Because Nintendo want you all to have Zappers and Wiifit boards so they can enslave you all in their next march and shoot project!

painey

i kinda figured it would be WW/PH style because of the non-gamer route the accessory is aimed at and I thought it would be on rails but im wrong on both counts, still, i have as much desire to play this as I do to do a headstand in a sewer.

Baryn

Banned
A new ground texture, Nintendo redeemed.

Also, the starry night pic reminds me of the roller coaster at the Golden Saucer.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing wrong with this is that they had to go and put the word 'training' in the title.

If it's half as cool as point blank, I'll get it.

thorns

Banned
Is the zapper supposed to be held tommy gun style and not like a real gun/rifle? That's the thing that annoys me the most....

EctoPrime

Lobster said:
Why would they do that?

New customers that just bought the Wii and the crossbow bundle, not every single person that buys this game will already have TP. The entire TP game data is probably on this disc anyway so I dont see why not if it would equal to a few extra sales.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Is this based on the TP engine? If so, then lame. Do we really need that made-for-GC engine in another game?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Slurpy said:
Is this based on the TP engine? If so, then lame. Do we really need that made-for-GC engine in another game?
It's a pack-in game for an accessory that costs $20.

If you're expecting them to write a new engine...you're ridiculous.

Slurpy said:

Post does not compute.

$20 worth of fun can be had with good use of a good GC engine. Not that high a hurdle to clear.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It looks okay, but I'm more interested in Ghost Squad, tbh. I love that arcade game, and I'm glad that it's getting a port...

ziran

Looks great, looking forward to it.

With EAD at the helm I think I'm going to really enjoy it. I like the idea of being able to walk around and shoot. The game was probably the inspiration for a big part of the Zapper design, so it should work well.

the textures of the ground are preety similar to the TP ones, but they have added some kind of HDResque effect, and it works well.
I guess that the gun will be a good way to keep the extra wiimote and nunchuck tidy when i am not using them.

ziran

Boerseun said:
Game looks damn awesome! Has anyone played it yet?
The journalists have who went to NoA's event, but I think it's embargoed until Monday.

IGN had this to say when they saw a Nintendo rep play it:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826577p1.html
9:37 a.m.: In Stalfos Defender, you see Link in the foreground as Stalfos approach nearby. You have to shoot as many of them as you can. You can turn the screen by dragging the on-screen reticule to the left or right. Very satisfying effect as you blow the enemies apart. For a $19.99 pack-in, this is pretty impressive stuff. Indeed, looks much more fun than Umbrella Chronicles, as far as I'm concerned.

9:38 a.m.: In another type of gameplay style, you actually move Link through the levels with the nunchuk's analog stick and aim normally with the Zapper. You have full freedom of movement and can walk into any direction. Meanwhile, you can zoom in and pick off enemies from a distance, shoot boxes for upgrades, etc. When you shoot something other than an enemy, you still keep your multiplier. Again, color me pleasantly surprised.

Jeff-DSA

It looks cool. With the Zapper I'm sure my nephew (who is only 4 and LOVES Zelda) will eat this up and be able to play it.

Top Bottom