• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 04.06: "The Other Woman" (The PolarBuro Has A Little Cub On The News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianswoody

omg rite said:
You'll be back to holy shit stuff next week anyway.

OMG! You've seen the leaked episodes! We get it already! Fuck!

However, I do agree with you that too many people are throwing around the "filler" word too much in conjunction with this episode. The plot may not have moved along at a dramatic pace, but we did learn a few things.

woodchuck

the thing i didn't like about this episode was the introduction of that new station.

it was like it just came out of nowhere. i didn't feel like they really set it up.

Shorty

Banned
woodchuck said:
the thing i didn't like about this episode was the introduction of that new station.

it was like it just came out of nowhere. i didn't feel like they really set it up.
They did. Remember the purge?

woodchuck

they never mentioned a station that powered the island and could release gas.

they just showed a bunch of gas cannisters.

rallaren

woodchuck said:

Yeah I kinda felt that too. Same with that psychotherapist.

ZeoVGM

Banned
ianswoody said:
OMG! You've seen the leaked episodes! We get it already! Fuck!

..What? No I haven't.

But we know that next week we get the last two Oceanic Six and an old character is coming back. It's pretty obvious next week is an omg episode.

I've seen ONE spoiler by mistake. And if that happens then we get a OMFG moment. Not just OMG!

I've seriously stayed completely away from spoilers this season, but one thing got ruined for me. (If it's true.)

Shorty

Banned
omg rite said:
..What? No I haven't.

But we know that next week we get the last two Oceanic Six and an old character is coming back. It's pretty obvious next week is an omg episode.

I've seen ONE spoiler by mistake. And if that happens then we get a OMFG moment. Not just OMG!

I've seriously stayed completely away from spoilers this season, but one thing got ruined for me. (If it's true.)
Ah Fuck we know who the man on the boat is already and I know who the last two of the Oceanix Six are :(

Sometimes I wish I would stay away from Internet Lost discussion, because even if you avoid reading spoilers some stuff will always be figured out during discussion.

Maybe I'll watch the last 2 seasons on DVD/Blu Ray for this reason.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Beats me. I was just joshin'.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10019882&postcount=1
"Is Metroid a girl?" Banned
Triple ownage:lol

dabig2

omg rite said:
..What? No I haven't.

That one spoiler with the OMFG moment.....in the past episode did something in it make you feel uneasy because of the OMFG spoiler? Because if so, then I know exactly the spoiler you're talking about unfortunately :(

Ever since then, I've stayed away from all fucking Lost-specific message boards.

Shorty said:
I was a little disappointed. Dharmalar is full of shit! He said something crazy would happen... what was it?
Wasn't it that Widmore was looking for the island, and that he is the real enemy, now?
That's what I thought, anyways.

The Hermit

john tv said:
To be fair, Ben's been through an awful lot since that point. I mean, his whole world got flipped upside down when that plane landed, he's been taken prisoner, he had his ass beatdown any number of times...stuff like this can mature a spoiled brat, IMO.

Not saying he's well-adjusted or anything, but I do think he could still turn out to be good (believably so) in the end.

Hell no.
He´s the wickest of all vilain I´ve ever seen... really no one is a match for him. For example, in the future, Saiyd who was the first guy sho saw trough his fake persona fucking WORKS for him.

Kevtones

Some big things I'm pretty sure about:

(these are combination of theories and things that have been hinted at thus far, and as such, include nothing concrete from future episodes except for who the last 2 Oceanic 6 are but that should be super obvious considering the title of E7 of this season)

The big electromagnetic-blast at the end of S2 is the big reason people can/can't get off the island. Whatever it did, it is what is still keeping people on the island in future seasons. Think about it: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Walt and Michael were all with the others, far away from the hatch. Sayid, Jin and Sun were also all far away from on the boat trying to flank the others. The Oceanic 6 are: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, and Sun. We all know that Walt/Michael got off somehow, and we know Sawyer doesn't want to leave. This would explain why Claire is still on the island/dead and why Desmond is looking to be dead sooner than later. Aaron was also born on the island and this could be written to work somehow.

In this last episode, the whole Annie-Ben relationship was hinted at during Juliet's therapy session. Since last season's Ben flashback, we've wondered WHY Ben purged Dharma. The theory is that Ben and Annie (the girl who gave him the woodblocks as a kid) were together and she got pregnant, but because of Dharma forcefully made her have the baby (which killed her), Ben WENT SOMETHING SOMETHING and murdered them. This is his driving reason for keeping Juliet on the island, for his experiments, and his overriding insanity.

The ending to the videogame hints that the island allows for self-correction through time travel and as we saw in The Constant, someone like Desmond has that power.

Shorty

Banned
TrueReligion said:
Wasn't it that Widmore was looking for the island, and that he is the real enemy, now?
That's what I thought, anyways.
Yeah but we kinda knew that already.

Twilight Princess said:
screw the haters. this episodes not bad, juliet is hot, ben's awesome, and... "YOU'RE MINE".
Okay that WAS awesome!

Blader

Kevtones said:
In this last episode, the whole Annie-Ben relationship was hinted at during Juliet's therapy session. Since last season's Ben flashback, we've wondered WHY Ben purged Dharma. The theory is that Ben and Annie (the girl who gave him the woodblocks as a kid) were together and she got pregnant, but because of Dharma forcefully made her have the baby (which killed her), Ben WENT SOMETHING SOMETHING and murdered them. This is his driving reason for keeping Juliet on the island, for his experiments, and his overriding insanity.

That's a pretty sound theory, I think.

Jacobi

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
I laughed out loud when Ben said that line, the proceeded to stumble up the hill like a fool. :lol
Well that was kind of symbolic. Physically Ben is just a weak guy... Psychologically he's a monster AND HE KNOWS IT

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe I'm just stupid, but did anyone else notice that Faraday is rocking the Tim Shafer/Uncharted half-tuck?
I wonder if that's just a coincidence or if one of the costume designers are nerds.

ZeoVGM

Banned
dabig2 said:
That one spoiler with the OMFG moment.....in the past episode did something in it make you feel uneasy because of the OMFG spoiler? Because if so, then I know exactly the spoiler you're talking about unfortunately :(

Ever since then, I've stayed away from all fucking Lost-specific message boards.

I'm not positive what you just asked me, to be honest, but I'll try and respond.

Nothing in the previous episode made me feel uneasy because of the OMFG spoiler.

But you said :( so I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

I hope it's not true.

oatmeal

Banned
Someone in this thread was wondering what it was that Charles Whidmore did. They asked if maybe he was the economist.

Well, according to Episode 2x23, on the back of his book that he shows Libby, he is a philanthropist and something else (I was watching it before, noticed it, wanted to report it, had dinner instead, and now am here and all I remember is philanthropist).

So...he's not the economist...unless he's added that to his repertoire.

Thought I would report this. Getting my g/f into the show, we're just about to watch season 3 (BLU RAY!!!) and have gone through about 40 episodes in 3 days. It's pretty intense.

I caught something pretty interesting:

Ben tells Juliet: "You're Mine" in this episode.

In Ben's flashback (3.22), when he's about to cross the sonar fence, a whisper can be heard saying this:

Man: "Ben, You're my prisoner and you are mine".

Might not mean anything, but interesting nonetheless.

Shorty

Banned
TrueReligion said:
I caught something pretty interesting:

Ben tells Juliet: "You're Mine" in this episode.

In Ben's flashback (3.22), when he's about to cross the sonar fence, a whisper can be heard saying this:

Man: "Ben, You're my prisoner and you are mine".

Might not mean anything, but interesting nonetheless.
I didn't hear that. This would
shed a new light on Ben if true. Maybe he's Jacob's prisoner?

GilloD

Banned
One of the better theories I've heard

Is that both Widmore and Ben have knowledge of future events. They're trying to use the island to sway those events in their favor. Ben for good, Widmore for evil

Shorty said:
I didn't hear that. This would shed a new light on Ben if true. Maybe he's Jacob's prisoner?
Well, you can't really hear the whispers. You need to do alot of audio techniques to hear what they are saying, since there are so many audio tracks overlapping.

Shorty

Banned
TrueReligion said:
Well, you can't really hear the whispers. You need to do alot of audio techniques to hear what they are saying, since there are so many audio tracks overlapping.
This may be considered a spoiler then. I'm gonna tag my post, maybe you should too,

Wow, i just caught up on episode 5. Fucking fantastic. Possibly the best episode of the show. It was a very nice standalone and actually had a structural pay off within the episode, while also adding to the overall arc. If only all the episodes were like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom