• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Just finished this on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. It did start to go a little to far into cliche territory with the untouchable agents on both sides. 6 no name guys can be shot while behind cover but the named Samaritan agent can't get shot while standing in the open?

The fact that season five hasn't started yet is exactly why I won't ever get a cable subscription again. Though I guess I am missing out on 3 version of NCIS and 2 of Criminal Minds on CBS. Not sure how I can pass up that much "original content".

CBS isn't cable?

TheOddOne

- IGN: Person of Interest Coming To An End With Season 5.
Said Person of Interest executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman, in a statement to IGN about the show's conclusion:

"We’re extremely excited to be able share this final season with the fans. We’re eternally grateful to our amazing cast and crew, as well as our partners at the studio and network. Most of all, we want to thank the show's fans — the best fans in the world. This subversive little paranoia-inducing cyberpunk-thriller is for you and would not have been possible without your support. As life has come to imitate Person of Interest, it’s been our great privilege to work on show for the past five seasons. We can’t wait for you to experience this thrilling and final chapter."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The thing I'm most upset about, is that I know they're going to go too fast towards the end game, too fast from where they left off at the end of last season. How they left off, with The Machine in a suitcase, and Samaritan almost completely victorious. All 13 episodes will need to be completely about however they rebuild The Machine and stopping Samaritan, or move towards a dark ending.

Never got that Terry O'Quinn/Michael Emerson pairing on this show, but I guess it opens up for something in the future now.

PhineBuyM3

5 seasons is all I wanted out of this show, and I've enjoyed myself with it these last few years, I just hated Carter's stupid ass death.

I am fine with it ending on a high. Not all shows get to end on a high. I would be more annoyed if the show fizzled out like so many others do.The show has had more highs in 4 seasons than most 10 season shows ever have. I am happy with the amount of progression and excellence we got in such a short period

Saying this, I hope Season 5 is as good as I expect it to be. I also hope the show ends well, and does not try to do a baiting open ended finish to try and bait fans into demanding a Netflix pickup. The writers knew the ending was coming, and have had many, many months to work it out. I hope they nail it.

exYle

The thing I'm most upset about, is that I know they're going to go too fast towards the end game, too fast from where they left off at the end of last season. How they left off, with The Machine in a suitcase, and Samaritan almost completely victorious. All 13 episodes will need to be completely about however they rebuild The Machine and stopping Samaritan, or move towards a dark ending.

Never got that Terry O'Quinn/Michael Emerson pairing on this show, but I guess it opens up for something in the future now.

That's exactly what should happen, and 13 episodes is fine if they're going to commit to a serial format. 13 episode case-of-the-week procedural would be wonky, but I'll be quite upset if that's the path the choose for their last season. It's not how PoI should end, getting fed random numbers until the final three episodes of the season.

Nobility

Banned
Thought it be best to vent in this thread only.

First and foremost, fuck CBS for making the fans wait this long.

I cannot recall a show of this caliber being blatantly ignored or shoved aside by the Execs and they did ruin something special. I can only take solace that we at least had five years to watch the events unfold.

This looks to be the last season, baring any miracles from Nolan or Netflix. I have made my peace with it over the past few months.

No matter how this season ends up (This season is bound to be amazing with the condensed schedule), I have to give it up to Nolan and the writers, this is one of the few shows I can remember where I actively look for each writing credit. Each one of them made their mark on this show with memorable moments that will forever be remembered.

Hell, even the old GAF threads for this show still brings mad hype to me. We had so much fun watching these events unfold.

Cast, crew, fans - this show was a labour of love with all the stakeholders who made this show what it is.

Sigh...

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE UNDER SEVEN WEEKS TO PREPARE POI-GAF!

START. YOUR. REWATCH.

FINALLY.

I'll take CBS burning it off, even if I'm not sure my heart can handle two episodes a week.

Hi there!

I have been lurking a huge amount of time here and really enjoyed all of your posts. Today I got my account approved and I can't wait to talk to you about PoI!

Welcome!

You made it just in time, this ride is almost over. :(

Sober

Like any good artificial superintelligence, I already predicted this would happen and already have a thread title prepared.

Kayleena

Neo Member
Welcome!

You made it just in time, this ride is almost over. :(

Thanks!
Praise the holy gods of Neogaf after finally given me the ticket for the forum:)

Finally some closure! But what the hell took them so long?!

I made my peace after the 13 episodes were announced. Like the most of you said, better end on a high than slowly dying with 10 or more boring seasons like Supernatural.

It was and will be an awesome ride. The only show which I love almost equally now is Limitless but nothing else comes nearly close to that amazing film noir AI thing;-)

The only really huge problem is for me, that I am going on a two week vacation when it start with no real chance to watch it... That's damn torture and so many episodes in a week. Well, it's a better schedule than the shuffle before.

The only gripe would be, that we can't talk the hell out of each episode till the next because of the little gap between them...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I griefed already hahaha... :(

Anyway, at least we'll have closure. While I know they worked this as if it were a final season, I also know that they were going to leave it open for a new season. What worries me is that maybe they didn't write the conclusion for the characters as they wanted because of this. I hope not.

We'll see then.

7 WEEKS!!!!

DJ_Lae

Carter's stupid ass
death

That didn't bother me as much as the idiotic, shoehorned romance garbage. Apparently it was an impromptu moment, but whoever was directing should have stopped that right away and told that "No, that shit is dumb."

Completely ruined what was a fantastic platonic friendship between the two in previous seasons with a few moments of absolute shlock.

Sonicbug

I'm glad I griefed already hahaha... :(

Anyway, at least we'll have closure. While I know they worked this as if it were a final season, I also know that they were going to leave it open for a new season. What worries me is that maybe they didn't write the conclusion for the characters as they wanted because of this. I hope not.

I dunno. Didn't Denise Thé want to kill everyone off? Except for the dog? =[ I hope that they don't go that route. Someone deserves to make it out alive, and if they had to leave it ambiguous as to that then good.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. Didn't Denise Thé want to kill everyone off? Except for the dog? =[ I hope that they don't go that route. Someone deserves to make it out alive, and if they had to leave it ambiguous as to that then good.

We always knew at least John would end up as a martyr :(

It has to be Fusco. From being the guy everybody thought was as good as dead after one season, to the last man standing. Nothing stops Fusco.

Actual speculation (others have suggested this as well but I'll put it in spoilers since it's informed by casting news for s5):
Finch and Grace are reunited and escape to live out their lives; everybody else is a goner.

Goddammit, that's one of the very few shows I really love (up to the current season) and of course they are canceling it.
I love the show but it's time for it to end. They're clearly at the end game of the show. And 5 seasons is more tha a neigh content. The worst thing in American TV is when great shows hang around way to long and way past their prime to the point of souring your overall impression of the show. Get a proper send off and move on to the next thing.

Bluth54

I'm not sure why anyone seems surprised season 5 is going to be the last season, with the late renewal and the low episode order the writing was on the wall.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I love the show but it's time for it to end. They're clearly at the end game of the show. And 5 seasons is more tha a neigh content. The worst thing in American TV is when great shows hang around way to long and way past their prime to the point of souring your overall impression of the show. Get a proper send off and move on to the next thing.

Well I'm all in for fewer seasons in tv shows (depending on the shows), but this seems to me like they are rushing the ending due to the low ratings, especially now that it is only 13 episodes, which is similar to Fringe (although the last season wasn't good).

I'm not sure why anyone seems surprised season 5 is going to be the last season, with the late renewal and the low episode order the writing was on the wall.

I'm not surprised, but I'd hoped it would go for 6 seasons or at least make a full last season, not just 13 episodes.

Patryn

Finally a date!

Twice a week though, has that ever happened before?

Yes.

Generally happens in the summer, like PoI, when a network is burning off a show that they don't care about but still paid for and know will not get terrific ratings.

I thought that when they announced season 5 they said it was going to be a short season.

They did. However, it's somewhat common for a show to be picked up for 13 episodes originally, and then get a back order (generally 9 episodes). Most new shows follow this model, although returning shows that are bubble shows also sometimes get this treatment. For instance this season iZombie was originally picked up for 13, then got an additional order for 6 more episodes.

However, the second PoI wasn't on the fall schedule it became a fool's hope for the order to be increased.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished season 2. I think I like this show so much because Harold and John are basically Batman split into two people.

It's even more interesting because they have different personalities.

I just finished season 2. I think I like this show so much because Harold and John are basically Batman split into two people.
10 more eps until you start typing in all caps and saying:

THIS SHOW !!!!
THIS FUCKING SHOW !!!!

Like we have for about 4 years now.

Looking forward to reactions to season 3 please post them here as they happen please! :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Been rewatching the series since Endgame (S3 midseason trilogy), and damn, the show is so good.

Death Benefit is still my favorite episode. Amazing all around, that was the beginning of the end.

Maybe looks little weird because I had to cut a lot of other stuff out also blacked out all the ep titles because spoilers.
But is the final schedule and off course because its CBS.

Its all over the place............. :(

(And yes I know have terrible taste in TV and I don't care)

RnM3UES.png

gTTaqA1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom