• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Return 0 is sitting at a perfect 10 on IMDb right now (with over 2,000 votes). When the lists update that will put POI at 8 of the top 50 episodes, beating Game of Thrones' 5 and Breaking Bad's 4.

nabil2199

Return 0 is sitting at a perfect 10 on IMDb right now (with over 2,000 votes). When the lists update that will put POI at 8 of the top 50 episodes, beating Game of Thrones' 5 and Breaking Bad's 4.

Very few of my friends gave this show a chance, not for lack of me trying. But out of those who did all of them love it to bits.

Baskcm

well i just want to say its been a ride sad to see it end thank you to jonathan nolan and the cast for the great 5 seasons shame we didnt have more

T Dollarz

Just finished the episode. Too many feels man, I am cry. I loved all these characters so damn much. Even the machine had the feel of a character that you connected with. This is one show that I won't soon forget. Definitely among my favorites ever.

Overall the fifth season was disappointing because it definitely felt rushed, but the key episodes still hit all the right notes perfectly. This series honestly couldve gone on a couple more seasons. Oh well, I cherished my time with these characters, genuinely.

Tainted

It was actually Watch Dogs which started me off watching this show. Prior to that game's release, people were saying it was shaping up to be "Person of Interest: The Game"...which made me look into it.

Prior to this, I didn't really know anything about the show. At least I can thank that game for something :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It was actually Watch Dogs which started me off watching this show. Prior to that game's release, people were saying it was shaping up to be "Person of Interest: The Game"...which made me look into it.

Prior to this, I didn't really know anything about the show. At least I can thank that game for something :)

Now with the open ended Ending, as well as an unknown amount of other teams out there, a POI game could work, no matter what character you play as! Just need Amy Acker to do voice work ;P

Tugatrix

Laughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-12.gif

What a bitter sweet ending, so amazing.

I'm sad John bite the dust, even more so seeing him happy with his life as a cop and dating that psychiatrist

If the netflix wanted they could save the show from where things stand now story wise

Tainted

Now with the open ended Ending, as well as an unknown amount of other teams out there, a POI game could work, no matter what character you play as! Just need Amy Acker to do voice work ;P

Interesting.....what genre of game could you see it being ? 3rd person action, RPG, adventure ?

Pull a Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious. A licensed stand-alone spin-off built on the engine and assets of another game.

So "Watch_Dogs 2 Presents Person of Interest".

Not that that or any other Person of Interest game would ever, ever happen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Pull a Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious. A licensed stand-alone spin-off built on the engine and assets of another game.

So "Watch_Dogs 2 Presents Person of Interest".

Not that that or any other Person of Interest game would ever, ever happen.
It's a shame that Ubi still hasn't seen the series it seems.

Because there's definitely a tone difference between the franchises.

BBboy20

I can't believe I didn't remember where that track came from.

I think we can all agree on that this episode has one of the best climaxes ever depicted on TV (or maybe any form of fiction) which is impressive considering how "fast" this season went; you'd get the impression *THAT* would have been result anyways even if the show got two more seasons. It showcases just how powerful the show is even with it's procedural shoe-ins.

At this point, I wouldn't trust Ubisoft with my life if they tried to reach the same caliber POI achieved.

Sober

The first watch dogs is so anthitical to this show in so many ways it shouldn't even be counted. The second game probably isn't either but at least is more interesting than Aiden the goon.

Lonestar

Look back on the original topic for the show in season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4

This show....this show!

The 1st appearance that I could find, of someone simply saying "THIS SHOW", and of course, it's DMczaf (an old MaddenGAF buddy). Haven't seen him in here probably since S1 ;P

This fucking show man.

It's seriously like the best adaptation of a great comic book that never was.

I think the 1st instance of "This fucking show", in the season 2 topic.

Really liking this show.

Wonder what the fate of the Sex Predator was...

My first comment on the show

Some other notable POI-GAF's 1st posts:

I think it has a future, will watch next week.

I'm in it for Emerson and its creators (Nolan/Abrams). Kinda dig the premise.

It's just too bad that Emerson and O'Quinn's next-door neighbor assassin show didn't go through.

Were do you guys get the code translations? And if you know, how do you do it? I'd love to help.

I noticed that, why are they skipping next week?

Anyway, THAT EPISODE. Watched it twice in a row. It was that good. I just hope that they can keep this up throughout the entire series for like 3 more seasons.

I also hope that CBS doesn't take from their budget, that would be disheartening.

Where is Fuscoe?

Stop it! No more death flags!

I'm really enjoying this show, the leads are fantastic.
Reese is a lot darker than I would expect from procedural drama and Cavieziel really pulls it off. I agree that as an actor he's not a one with huge range, but what he has perfectly fits that particular role.

The only thing this show needs now is main arc.
Banned last year, I believe

Im loving this show alot. Every episode is better than the last. though my favorite is still the East German spy episode.

I also like the CIA in this and I usually don't like stuff in which they are the 'major antagonists'.(yeah I know)

Yup.

Haha.

Love this show so much.

Just finished watching the finale, thought it was kinda underwhelming. It wasn't bad or anything but I don't feel like anything was really resolved I guess? I think my problem is all of the "revelations" (How Nathan died, Finch's injury, etc.) are things that we already knew basically from day one. Seeing how they actually happened is interesting, but, I don't feel like any of them were season finale worthy. I didn't really get excited over anything, which is the opposite of how I usually react to season finales for shows I care about.

That said, the congratulations scene might be the best scene in the entire show so far. I laughed so hard during it.

So how many episodes until the main character becomes an "irrelevant number"? I say midseason.

Awesome new episode! loved the back and forth between 2010 and 2012.
Really great series so far, awesome show.

and on and on and on. Shout out to Cory. who made the 1st topic, then got permabanned halfway through the 1st season :lol

Wonder about looking up to see any early predictions and see how far we were off on characters and themes.

Also, we need to make sure to remember to put Person of Interest back in the GAF's top 10 shows at the end of the year. Think it's made it most years, and damn if it shouldn't do it one last time.

Definitely need to thank GAF for introducing me to this show. By far the best TV show I've watched in a long time and ugh, all the feels the last few episodes caused. All. The. Feels.

Look back on the original topic for the show in season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4

The 1st appearance that I could find, of someone simply saying "THIS SHOW", and of course, it's DMczaf (an old MaddenGAF buddy). Haven't seen him in here probably since S1 ;P

I think the 1st instance of "This fucking show", in the season 2 topic.

My first comment on the show

Some other notable POI-GAF's 1st posts:

Banned last year, I believe

and on and on and on. Shout out to Cory. who made the 1st topic, then got permabanned halfway through the 1st season :lol

Wonder about looking up to see any early predictions and see how far we were off on characters and themes.

Also, we need to make sure to remember to put Person of Interest back in the GAF's top 10 shows at the end of the year. Think it's made it most years, and damn if it shouldn't do it one last time.

I don't think I posted in here much at all during the off season or even during this season when I was always in the discussions before.
The wait was just too painful to continuously think about.

Funny enough my post you quoted is still mostly true,
'Foe" is still one of my absolute favorite episodes along with "Bad Code" "3.14" and "Devil's Share"

Lonestar

I will say, my tv list is probably going to be short, as there's been a few that have ended in the last few years.

Right now it's pretty much POI followed by GOT, Agents of Shield and The Flash. I'll go back and look on if I'd bother listing Doctor Who, Walking Dead and...not sure if there's any other shows out there. Don't think there was a single 1st season show I bothered with.

Tainted

I will say, my tv list is probably going to be short, as there's been a few that have ended in the last few years.

Right now it's pretty much POI followed by GOT, Agents of Shield and The Flash. I'll go back and look on if I'd bother listing Doctor Who, Walking Dead and...not sure if there's any other shows out there. Don't think there was a single 1st season show I bothered with.

These are the shows I'm currently watching, not sure of your taste...may be a few here you may be interested in though. A few of these are coming towards the end of their run...so I'll be scouting around for new shows as well very shortly

Bates Motel
Better Call Saul
Black Mirror
Fargo
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Narcos
Orphan Black
The Americans
The Expanse
The Walking Dead
True Detective
Wayward Pines

Coming Soon:

Westworld

jdstorm

Banned
If you are looking for new shows that scratch that same procedural/serialised scifi itch KILLJOYS from Syfy is really good.

tirminyl

I bawled this entire fucking episode.

Once I get the blu-ray complete series, I'm going to sit down for my 2nd rewatch of the series. It's going to be painfully amazing.

Tainted

I bawled this entire fucking episode.
Cry baby

Once I get the blu-ray complete series, I'm going to sit down for my 2nd rewatch of the series. It's going to be painfully amazing.

I have to let some time pass before re-watching a TV series, it's a pretty huge time investment for me for something so fresh in my mind.

Personally, enough time has passed for me to re-watch shows such as Lost, 24, Deadwood & Breaking Bad (On the proviso I am unable to find more shows to fill the gaps)

Geist-

That finale was so much more satisfying than I was expecting. So many good shows have less than stellar endings and this just hit sll the right notes. I don't think we'll see a modern cyber thriller that delved quite so deeply into artificial intelligence any time soon. Perhaps not until AI are a reality.

That finale was so much more satisfying than I was expecting. So many good shows have less than stellar endings and this just hit sll the right notes. I don't think we'll see a modern cyber thriller that delved quite so deeply into artificial intelligence any time soon. Perhaps not until AI are a reality.

Westworld may scratch the itch.

tirminyl

Cry baby

I have to let some time pass before re-watching a TV series, it's a pretty huge time investment for me for something so fresh in my mind.

Personally, enough time has passed for me to re-watch shows such as Lost, 24, Deadwood & Breaking Bad (On the proviso I am unable to find more shows to fill the gaps)

Generally, I don't rewatch tv shows, even if I loved them. Arrested Development, Pushing Daisies, It's Always Sunny, and Person of Interest have been the only ones I've ever rewatched. Maybe I will wait a little to rewatch.

The finale feels in 5 GIFs:

John's death:

4DO6v80.gif

Finch reuniting with Grace:

IsZF8pX.gif

Samaritan getting ripped apart by the Machine and being sucked into an endless black abyss:

post-27753-you-can-go-fuck-yourself-gif-H-unh5.gif

Fusco and Shaw in the restaurant with Bear:

6y6UfXP.gif

Shaw answering the phone at the end, smiling, and walking into the crowd:

EucIfYY.gif

Lonestar

Ok, Ramin hit it out of the park on both his shows lately. Stellar final bits of the main themes in POI, but geez, some of the Game of Thrones bits that are either in the finale, or "extra" tracks are stupid good.

ZenaxPure

I still stand by everything I said in my post given the place and time :p

But at the present time I look back at those earlier episodes in a much better light. That's the magic of POI to me, they spent the first 2 seasons doing all this world building and then just went all out starting in season 3 and nailed it time after time. It made watching earlier seasons (which I've done plenty of times :p) more enjoyable because you can clearly see the path they laid out in hindsight. They fucking killed it on the execution side of things, even this season where they were hugely crippled it was still a fun ride.

God I'm gonna miss this show so much. There just isn't many other shows/movies/games out there that do as good a job at capturing what real world AI is going to be like when it happens.

T Dollarz

Surprised to see people hoping for a netflix spin-off. I thought the ending was perfect, don't mess with it. PoI without Reese shan't exist.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Lonestar, you're giving me flashbacks to S2 with those quotes! I remember I caught up with you guys before S2 premiered, and then I lurked a bit, but I just couldn't stay silent with some of those episodes.

Also Lmao at some posts in the S1 thread. "Oh, it's a machine? It's gonna be boring!", "this is going to get cancelled so fast". Hilarious.

Lonestar

Man, Lonestar, you're giving me flashbacks to S2 with those quotes! I remember I caught up with you guys before S2 premiered, and then I lurked a bit, but I just couldn't stay silent with some of those episodes.

Also Lmao at some posts in the S1 thread. "Oh, it's a machine? It's gonna be boring!", "this is going to get cancelled so fast". Hilarious.

I saw that the POI-GAF chat during a S1 episode consisted of me commenting on myself. That was the only bit posted during the show.

Wonder what a list of GAF's Criminally Underwatched shows looks like. POI would be on that list.

MartyStu

On further thought, I am very pleased that Lionel and Shaw both survived: they are easily my favorite characters in the show.

That said, I think the 'moral' victory here is what matters and a Shakespearean mass-death would also have been acceptable.

Leks

Y6tz2Nw.gif

13-episodes format was short, but at least we had a great and proper ending. Some characters that didn't have a last appearance are overall the only flaw of this season.

Good bye Person of Interest, and thank you. Damn you CBS for cancelling this and The Good Wife at the same time.

On further thought, I am very pleased that Lionel and Shaw both survived: they are easily my favorite characters in the show.

That said, I think the 'moral' victory here is what matters and a Shakespearean mass-death would also have been acceptable.

I like how they subverted the Shakespearean Death expectation. In BSOD, you would have thought everyone was killed and the Subway was trashed due to a final war between Samaritan operatives. And in the end,
the Subway was only an escape route and bombed to buy Fusco and Shaw more time to escape the hail of bullets. Not to mention Finch, Fusco, Shaw and The Machine made it out alive.
The more I think about it, the more I love the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom