• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey Finally Backward Compatible on XB1

I'm guessing they started developing the backwards compatibility at launch, but it took so long because they had to wait for a battle to load.

All joking aside, best JRPG of last gen. Fantastic to see it get BC, might have to go back to it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
it was literally Dragon Quest Redux... i kinda still hate the Random Encounters of Lost Odyssey... which is why i think i loved Blue Dragon so much... also... fucking Takeshi Obata (Death Note) drew the manga version...

eJyxunG.png

I LOVE Blue Dragon if you cant tell..

Ral Grado was a lot different from the original concept though, they are basically not even the same franchise...you'd never get a character like Mio in a game like Blue Dragon, despite Dragon Quest 8's Dragonball-ish toilet humor at times.

I never heard of this one, will check it out.

;_; About that

Caayn

http://vgboxart.com/boxes/360/34685-cry-on.jpg[img]

When will this l be BC? ;)

;([/QUOTE]Cry on indeed :(
[quote="SGJin, post: 218530430"]Wow wut? I made this like 8 years ago.
Never expected to see this again. xD[/QUOTE]You did a nice job.
[quote="KingBroly, post: 218530775"]That's both very nice and very weird at the same time.[/QUOTE]It's probably done to prevent game sharing by giving other people disc X while you keep disc 1. Otherwise four people could play with just one copy of the game.

Forsythia

Somehow missed this game, so I just bought a second hand copy for €15,00. :)

They should however just release it digitally.

Brashnir

I'm guessing they started developing the backwards compatibility at launch, but it took so long because they had to wait for a battle to load.

All joking aside, best JRPG of last gen. Fantastic to see it get BC, might have to go back to it.

I never finished this game because I got fed up with the long-ass battle loads/intros.

conpfreak

Any framerate improvements through BC? That is one of my main complaints during battle for my current playthrough on the 360. Especially when you start to get more characters in battle.

malfcn

The tower of mirrors + cutscenes is what I tested.

To expand on it: you can only play the game with disc 1. The other discs simply don't work, you'll get an error message saying that this 360 game isn't compatible with the XB1if you insert any disc other than disc 1.

Disc swapping solved. Cool they got this to work.

KiraXD

All BC 360 games are fully downloaded games. They only check the disc to make sure you have the game and download everything else. Game data is not copied from your 360 disc.

There is likely some legal/rights-related reason why the game is not available digitally since there is certainly not a technical issue.

It makes perfect sense. If you had to swap discs, that would be a pointless pain in the ass. If you could use any of the discs, people would be selling their discs 2-4 on eBay or giving them to friends.

ahhh interesting... so really...there really IS a digital version... but Rights hinder it from being available...

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I roared out loud when I saw this. SO happy right now. And I have a vacation coming up. Good times!

Uhyve

Any idea if there will be issues with me using the HK version? Don't wanna be digging through tons of old games if it's not gonna work.

Hmm......I might bite on a One S if black Friday deals are beastly. Still have my original copy of the game.....never finished.

New002

If would be cool if they put up the Weapon Guard 2 dlc for download. You used to be able to d/l it from the Japanese store but it's since been removed.

Izuna

Banned
If would be cool if they put up the Weapon Guard 2 dlc for download. You used to be able to d/l it from the Japanese store but it's since been removed.

That DLC story was rushed in English sadly. It had lost of grammar/spelling mistakes. It's not that important.

Seeker of the Deep however, now THAT was how you do DLC for an RPG

-

edit: scratch that, yeah I definitely read it. The problem story was the one that came with the Triple Bonus Pack

Eirwat

Neo Member
Ah. The the final fantasy XIII we should have gotten.
I always thought the designs in this game Came of as more mature than oter jrpgs.
I guess older main characters really do help inn this regard.

Spaced33

Great RPG i managed to play when I was younger on my brother's 360. Those short stories and the music lifted the game from being good to something pretty special.

Dabanton

I always thought the designs in this game Came of as more mature than oter jrpgs.

They do. Playing as teens or young adults is intensely boring especially in JPRGS. Except SoA of course.

NeOak

not my picture but

BDLO_01.jpg

Some dickhead stole this while I was away in Ireland =(

It released a lot earlier than the PAL version which is why I had it.

I have this.

Someone broke in into my apartment years ago when I was on vacation and disc 1 was inside the Japanese 360. RIP.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I don't think its a question of age, but portrayal really.

And even though Lost Odyssey was portrayed more realistically, we still get some silly stuff like Queen Vein Tits.

NeOak

The tower of mirrors + cutscenes is what I tested.

To expand on it: you can only play the game with disc 1. The other discs simply don't work, you'll get an error message saying that this 360 game isn't compatible with the XB1if you insert any disc other than disc 1.

RIP.

I'll have to hunt down a copy :/

Top Bottom