• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lottery Guys Nicki Minaj has Started paying tuition fees of her broke fans!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...-says-shell-pay-college-tuition-fees-for-fans
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/07/not-a...-dreams-by-paying-their-tuition-fees-6620612/
C_M9rU2XYAEw8up

C_M9rU2XoAArq2Q

C_M9rU4XUAAFPEk

C_M9rVoW0AEFO2O

Flood her with DM's she might hear you!

Mechazawa

I put 60% chance on student loan person putting it towards their actual student loan and 0% chance for those other people.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Does anyone on GAF want to buy me a partial differential equations textbook. Im not in school, it's for aesthetics.

quickwhips

People in this thread sound like republicans who want to drug test welfare people. WTF. Stop hating on people with issues.

Is it weird that it would be appropriate for Nicki to tweet "Let us know how you feel about your student loans in 3 Emoji or less"?

It is a very nice gesture on her part.

That's awesome but she should have set a time limit, a specific mailing address and set some rules. Like sending a copy of the tuition bill and such to review. For her own piece of mind, her twitter is gonna be hell after this.

Wow, I have new found respect for her. That's awesome. Massive props to Nicki! I hope one day I can change someone's life in a similar fashion.

People in this thread sound like republicans who want to drug test welfare people. WTF. Stop hating on people with issues.
Wtf are you talking about? If you would trust every person on twitter saying they need money, seek help. The world will not be kind to you.

Mesousa

Banned

Having student loans doesnt mean you have issues....means you're blessed to live in a place where you can still get an education even though you couldnt afford it.

Daedardus

Hmm, I've suddenly become a huge fan of her music. Just kidding, but this is a really nice gesture from her if true. I hope the people involved use the money well, though.

Having student loans doesnt mean you have issues....means you're blessed to live in a place where you can still get an education even though you couldnt afford it.

Good thing I live in a place where I couldn't afford education but didn't need to get a student loan and I'm almost an engineer now!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Wtf are you talking about? If you would trust every person on twitter saying they need money, seek help. The world will not be kind to you.

I'm not sure about in the US but in the UK verifying that someone has a student debt is pretty easy. The person would have to go out of their way to forge that shit.

MCN

Banned
Wow, that's super nice of her, much respect.

Still can't stand her music, but she seems like a cool person.

Ethelwulf

Couldn't disagree more. Education should be a free right. Not saying there shouldn't be competition though.

Shiloa

Couldn't disagree more. Education should be a free right. Not saying there shouldn't be competition though.
Not disagreeing necessarily but, education is free. Higher level education though is something else. Should all education be free? All forms of training at any level for any skill etc?

Nice of her to do that.

But I feel like asking a celeb over twitter to pay for your student loans is kind of... Shameless? Needy? Sad? Self-demeaning? I dunno.

Not disagreeing necessarily but, education is free. Higher level education though is something else. Should all education be free? All forms of training at any level for any skill etc?

Why not since it's a net benefice for the country and the population?

Nice of her to do that.

But I feel like asking a celeb over twitter to pay for your student loans is kind of... Shameless? Needy? Sad? Self-demeaning? I dunno.

People having to be knee deep in debt before even finding a job is the shameless thing in my opinion.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nice of her to do that.

Eh I have people ask me for money all the time when I'm walking about and that's when I was a student. People don't care and this seems relatively minor in comparison. It's not like your going to up all night ashamed you asked a celeb to pay for a debt when they offered to pay for some.

Really awesome if legit. Man those guys lucked out lol.
Nice of her to do that.

Can't knock the hustle. The loans are outrageous to begin with anyway.

T.O.P

Banned
That's pretty awesome of her, let's just hope they won't end up toward people lookin to buy drugs and stuff :/

Nice of her to do that.

I'd probably ask a celeb over twitter too if my country had shitty student loans like the US. No shame in that.

The Lamp

I wonder if she can help me with my $80,000 bill I paid to a good state school to become an engineer that's going to take me years to pay off. It's just a drop in the bucket for her.

Top Bottom