• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sophia

For reference, here is the trackers claim by Dr. Worm.

I got the okay from franconp, so here goes.

We're 3-shot Trackers, but we've sucked. Really screwed the pooch with our targets, but oh well. Shipping Gwen Stacy and the Sandman.

N1 we went to StarSketch. She didn't do anything.

N2 we went to Royal_Flush. We can confirm that he visited Ourokitty.

We sat out N3. Since there was no NK, we figured we could hold off.

N4 we went to Darrnin. He expected Sorian to die as well, fwiw.

Not really much information from it, but it does confirm that Royal is a power role.

I can't even imagine how you made this post without any sense of self awareness when you were on that lynch with Sophia/Crim, Sorian/Sawneeks, and Kark/Xbro who all were the target of shade from you yesterday. The only group not on that lynch you were skeptical of at any point were rac/acohrs. Hell, you even posited that you were concerned when Sorian hopped on board and just let it happen. Nomad was at least away for day end. What's your excuse?

Oh, I'm quite aware that it's a real bad look. Flush and I talked about it in very dour terms after the lynch. But see, I WAS NOT scumreading Sawrian - just that him of all people voting with us did give me pause because I know his general status was in doubt. He is a blank spot for me and I've spoken several times on Sawneeks too. But by the time everyone started moving, there wasn't time to reevaluate.

At this point, everyone I can suspect I have reasons not to and everyone I have reasons to not suspect, I have reasons to. Natiko, you're about the only person left I feel comfortable with as town.

Natiko

Banned
Oh, I'm quite aware that it's a real bad look. Flush and I talked about it in very dour terms after the lynch. But see, I WAS NOT scumreading Sawrian - just that him of all people voting with us did give me pause because I know his general status was in doubt. He is a blank spot for me and I've spoken several times on Sawneeks too. But by the time everyone started moving, there wasn't time to reevaluate.

At this point, everyone I can suspect I have reasons not to and everyone I have reasons to not suspect, I have reasons to. Natiko, you're about the only person left I feel comfortable with as town.
That was a lot of words that I'm pretty sure can be summarized by "I'd lynch anyone except Natiko/Nomad" which isn't exactly reassuring. Don't think you're in the clear. I have Sophia/Crim as 100% scum and they need to be the lynch tomorrow, but there's still some chance you're the final scum instead of Sorian. I just don't think it's the most likely scenario. I'd peg it at 75 Sorian/25 you in my mind. If Sorian is alive in two day phases i lynch him everytime since leaving him alive so long if he's actually Town could result in scum losing hard as he can keep blocking the kill once it's down to one scum and even if flipped on he may block enough kills to throw the game out of lylo again which still results in a scum loss ultimately.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't ask what order you would scum read us in. Which ones do you legitimately think have a good chance of flipping scum?

Anyone above the flush/monkey line has a good chance of flipping scum. I don't see Flush and Royal being scum with their choice of targets for their PR. My town read of you is only based on a read and that's it so you aren't as safe in my mind.

Well there's definitely 2 scum pairs as otherwise we would have lost. Can see the argument for no lynch, one less town but better odds on hitting scum for those remaining than today. My scumread will still be valid tomorrow, so...

vote: no lynch

Although we all know sawrian are scum now

We really don't and I'm not sure how you are even plopping that down as a forgone conclusion.

Okay? You're not telling me anything I don't know re: our status after Ty's flip. But no, I'm not interested in lynching anyone today because there is a CLEAR lack of a front runner, which is actually what all my words said.

Sawneeks

Banned

again???

Guess I'll actually started reading things over again...

By the way, also for a No Lynch today so we can get another shot tonight. Would prefer to wait for everyone to check in at least if we do decided to hammer it.

Anyone above the flush/monkey line has a good chance of flipping scum. I don't see Flush and Royal being scum with their choice of targets for their PR. My town read of you is only based on a read and that's it so you aren't as safe in my mind.

We really don't and I'm not sure how you are even plopping that down as a forgone conclusion.

Do you think that there's 7 town PR's in a 15 player game? All of which at least have some utility.

Sorian

Banned
Do you think that there's 7 town PR's in a 15 player game? All of which at least have some utility.

Considering Burb sold this game as a more PR heavy affair than love boat 1 and the odd interactions between my role and the virgin and flush and monkey being town and how their role is almost always hurting town more than scum, yeah, it makes sense to me. You ut a role cop and a JOAT on scum side with the joat having access to strong and ninja kills and this is easily a balanced game. Like sure, we saw two town PRs flip but Ty's power was near 0 utility. The only way it is useful from what I am seeing is getting extra info from fran and Worm or Saw and I if we didn't happen to get our claim off before a lynch (and only a lynch, not even the more unexpected NK), otherwise it's a whole lot of nothing.

Natiko

Banned
Okay? You're not telling me anything I don't know re: our status after Ty's flip. But no, I'm not interested in lynching anyone today because there is a CLEAR lack of a front runner, which is actually what all my words said.
My concern is more that you actually are Town and you're going to make bad choices due to wishy washy reads going forward.

Natiko

Banned
Is your scum read on me a new development? Can you point to any other point you stated that you felt I was scum? How are you feeling about rac/acohrs now? Kark/Xbro?

Considering Burb sold this game as a more PR heavy affair than love boat 1 and the odd interactions between my role and the virgin and flush and monkey being town and how their role is almost always hurting town more than scum, yeah, it makes sense to me. You ut a role cop and a JOAT on scum side with the joat having access to strong and ninja kills and this is easily a balanced game. Like sure, we saw two town PRs flip but Ty's power was near 0 utility. The only way it is useful from what I am seeing is getting extra info from fran and Worm or Saw and I if we didn't happen to get our claim off before a lynch (and only a lynch, not even the more unexpected NK), otherwise it's a whole lot of nothing.

I don't see what strong kill would balance, it wouldn't bypass the virgins, and I wouldn't let it bypass a role block, although I guess that's down to the mod.

Alternatively if the role block is scum, they have a counter to the virgins and most other town roles.

And having another two confirmed town in your gossip sounds quite useful to me, even if they don't have any extra information, you have four people together who all know they can trust each other's opinions.

Sawneeks

Banned
For the record I'm: Rac/Acohrs = Crimson/Sophia > Xbro/Kark > Royal/Monkey >> Natiko/Nomad. In terms of lynching.

Crimson/Sophia and Rac/Acohrs aren't W/W if Day End yesterday was any indication with how the latter boat voted but I feel that there is Scum somewhere between these two pairs. Xbro/Kark are higher up simply due to PoE since I still feel good about Monkey and would only really consider them being Scum if Crimson/Sophia flipped Town since I agree that there is likely Scum in the Top Posters and they would be the only other pair that makes sense to me. Natiko is last on my list as I really like his questions today ( even if he seems to be tunneling... ) and unless he's putting on an excellent fake Townie act towards the end here I feel rather good about him.

What? No. That's why I said "For Reference", I'm merely being pedantic due to the fact that they just flipped.

I don't see why you needed to clarify that Royal/Monkey do have a PR that can be tracked given that they claimed uncontested and we have verbal confirmation from 2 different boats ( one flipped and confirmed Town ) that their power exists. It seemed to me that it was weirdly unnecessary to clarify.

but w/e

Sophia

I don't see why you needed to clarify that Royal/Monkey do have a PR that can be tracked given that they claimed uncontested and we have verbal confirmation from 2 different boats ( one flipped and confirmed Town ) that their power exists. It seemed to me that it was weirdly unnecessary to clarify.

but w/e

I went to look up Dr. Worm/Fran's claim to see if there was any extra info that was missed, and came to the conclusion there. I brought it up just a reference due to the fact that I was already searching for it, and there was no harm in doing so.

Why do you feel so jumpy about it?

Sawneeks

Banned
I went to look up Dr. Worm/Fran's claim to see if there was any extra info that was missed, and came to the conclusion there. I brought it up just a reference due to the fact that I was already searching for it, and there was no harm in doing so.

Why do you feel so jumpy about it?

...I'm not?

To me it sounded like you were insinuating that Royal/Monkey aren't the Silencers which didn't make any sense to me, hence why I asked.

Because while we were discussing the votes were tied up. They only became untied after we decided to go in.

Sorry, I meant why did you two go for Ty/Trigger and not Sophia/Crimson.

Sorian

Banned
Is your scum read on me a new development? Can you point to any other point you stated that you felt I was scum? How are you feeling about rac/acohrs now? Kark/Xbro?

I don't have a scum read on you so yes, that would be a new development. You got pissy when I gave you an ordered read and then asked me to flip it to who i think has a good chance of flipping scum. I think Crimson and Sophia flip scum almost every time but if they don't then you are clearly scum. Not super helpful at this late stage though. One of rac/achohrs and Kark/Xbro is also scum, I just don't really know which yet. Likely Kark > acohrs based solely on the vote yesterday and my read on Crimson.

I don't see what strong kill would balance, it wouldn't bypass the virgins, and I wouldn't let it bypass a role block, although I guess that's down to the mod.

Alternatively if the role block is scum, they have a counter to the virgins and most other town roles.

And having another two confirmed town in your gossip sounds quite useful to me, even if they don't have any extra information, you have four people together who all know they can trust each other's opinions.

Strong kill absolutely goes through a roleblock. To the point where it is an odd choice to not do it.

And no, four people suddenly sharing a chat for a single night isn't useful, like at all. Even if they help Ty refocus his thoughts, there is nothing new he can add to the thread with his PR since it is unprovable and it also easily turns off his chat instead.

I understand that both these points are contrarian for the sake of it though since you have to paint it as clear that scum needs a roleblocker to block all these "good" roles.

Sophia

...I'm not?

To me it sounded like you were insinuating that Royal/Monkey aren't the Silencers which didn't make any sense to me, hence why I asked.

You seem jumpy to me, because there's no such insinuation there, and I'm not sure how you got that. We knew there was a silencer power via Ouro/KK flipping town, but we had no technical confirmation of Royal's movements until Dr. Worm and Fran flipped. More then that, I was merely restating the obvious.

Although it's interesting how Royal/hey_monkey's power and Ty4on/Trigger's power would have interacted. If Royal had hit Ty4on and Trigger, would that have cancelled out Ty4on's power if used that night?

Natiko

Banned
I don't have a scum read on you so yes, that would be a new development. You got pissy when I gave you an ordered read and then asked me to flip it to who i think has a good chance of flipping scum. I think Crimson and Sophia flip scum almost every time but if they don't then you are clearly scum. Not super helpful at this late stage though. One of rac/achohrs and Kark/Xbro is also scum, I just don't really know which yet. Likely Kark > acohrs based solely on the vote yesterday and my read on Crimson.
Perhaps because I was trying to find out your specific thoughts on the matter as opposed to just what order you scum read the thread in. I can sit here and list my order of likely scum too:

Sophia > You > Royal > Kark > Rac

But that doesn't mean I think all of those people are in any way likely to flip scum.

To dig into my actual point though, you grouped Ty in with rac and Kark, correct? You also believe scum have a boat in the high activity groups (myself, Sophia, and monkey), correct? Based on what you've said today you have a very strong feeling Sophia is scum, but the lower activity scum boat is still a question mark to you. Given all of that - why vote Ty yesterday over Sophia? If in your mind the chances of Sophia being the high activity scum are so much more solid than you feel about a specific low activity boat, why not vote there? If we lynch Sophia yesterday and she's scum as we both believe, you can start clearing people with a block. Due to this you always get NKed if you're actually Town. At that point the game is incredibly easy to solve in comparison to now. I'm just struggling to understand your decision yesterday based on your reads.

Sorian

Banned
Perhaps because I was trying to find out your specific thoughts on the matter as opposed to just what order you scum read the thread in. I can sit here and list my order of likely scum too:

Sophia > You > Royal > Kark > Rac

But that doesn't mean I think all of those people are in any way likely to flip scum.

To dig into my actual point though, you grouped Ty in with rac and Kark, correct? You also believe scum have a boat in the high activity groups (myself, Sophia, and monkey), correct? Based on what you've said today you have a very strong feeling Sophia is scum, but the lower activity scum boat is still a question mark to you. Given all of that - why vote Ty yesterday over Sophia? If in your mind the chances of Sophia being the high activity scum are so much more solid than you feel about a specific low activity boat, why not vote there? If we lynch Sophia yesterday and she's scum as we both believe, you can start clearing people with a block. Due to this you always get NKed if you're actually Town. At that point the game is incredibly easy to solve in comparison to now. I'm just struggling to understand your decision yesterday based on your reads.

Because we still had a free mislynch and your hard on for Sophia and Crimson wasn't going anywhere, I would rather groom the harder to read pack and save them for when I'm not here and I know you are going to push tooth and nail for their lynch anyway. Now that the group is cut by one AND we forced people to decide between confirmed town and Sophia/Crimson, it's a lot clearer in the lower pack because if Crimson flips scum then Kark and Xbro just got caught up in a really bad place with those votes.

IF XKark is a scum team, then D2 > they were silenced, as well as kits and pandas > as well as a third scum team. A chat lock could have contributed to fepkits being lynched, but it seems more likely they ended up going due to timezone silence (lack of defense of self due to that).

So IF XKark = scum then we would have to look at whomever has weirder behavior D2. We can also generally look at day 2 behavior: Of the surviving teams:

Schmuffin (now racohrs) voted Ouro and Darryl.
Sawrian voted kits (twice, stayed there), Ouro, Darryl, fran, Star, xBro. Saw stayed on Ouro after subbing in and voting around a bit. (per claim, blocked Ouro that night, but if scum, chat would have been lifted).
Sophist voted Darryl and then would have had to have bussed kits. They voted for kits relatively early.
Flush voted for Sawrian.
Xbro put the last vote on kits but Kark voted Ty.
NS voted Tygger, Ouro. Natiko voted Tygger and also Sophia.

Sophist does not look like a bus to me. I have a hard time reconciling day 2 with scumSophist. Yes, I know I voted for Ty and he was the first vote on kits, but I've addressed that (and oh, hey, I was wrong anyway). Crimonfist was gone for EoD but even though Sophia has been very odd for the whole game, this would be especially weird behavior for scum. Sorian's vote is all over the place. He nearly voted everyone, but that's a strategy frequently used by both scum and town and not particularly alignment indicative.

I'd like to see everyone check in but I really don't think we're going to get anywhere today until we see what happens, unless the remaining teams want to claim. Otherwise I just don't know what other new info there is. This was my worry about a Ty flip - I thought he was scum, but regardless, I was worried his flip would be less informative and so I guess I should listen to me. :/

Natiko

Banned
Because we still had a free mislynch and your hard on for Sophia and Crimson wasn't going anywhere, I would rather groom the harder to read pack and save them for when I'm not here and I know you are going to push tooth and nail for their lynch anyway. Now that the group is cut by one AND we forced people to decide between confirmed town and Sophia/Crimson, it's a lot clearer in the lower pack because if Crimson flips scum then Kark and Xbro just got caught up in a really bad place with those votes.
A fair enough answer, I'll give you that. If you continue to live instead though and you're actually town it may come back to not forcing scum to take you out by lynching Sophia there. I would bet money you'll be lynched in short time even if I'm not around to push for it. From the general feeling in the thread I'd argue most people are prepared to lynch you tomorrow instead of Sophia, and due to the exact scenario I laid out yesterday a block on the NK tonight won't even clear you.

Technically, only one of us voted Darryl, and that was Crimson. I voted Dragonz initially. :p

I wasn't separating teams unless it seemed to matter. Your Dragonz beef doesn't seem particularly useful now. Dragonz seems to have been creating beef in support of her role. Vere also.

Natiko

Banned
IF XKark is a scum team, then D2 > they were silenced, as well as kits and pandas > as well as a third scum team. A chat lock could have contributed to fepkits being lynched, but it seems more likely they ended up going due to timezone silence (lack of defense of self due to that).

So IF XKark = scum then we would have to look at whomever has weirder behavior D2. We can also generally look at day 2 behavior: Of the surviving teams:

Schmuffin (now racohrs) voted Ouro and Darryl.
Sawrian voted kits (twice, stayed there), Ouro, Darryl, fran, Star, xBro. Saw stayed on Ouro after subbing in and voting around a bit. (per claim, blocked Ouro that night, but if scum, chat would have been lifted).
Sophist voted Darryl and then would have had to have bussed kits. They voted for kits relatively early.
Flush voted for Sawrian.
Xbro put the last vote on kits but Kark voted Ty.
NS voted Tygger, Ouro. Natiko voted Tygger and also Sophia.

Sophist does not look like a bus to me. I have a hard time reconciling day 2 with scumSophist. Yes, I know I voted for Ty and he was the first vote on kits, but I've addressed that (and oh, hey, I was wrong anyway). Crimonfist was gone for EoD but even though Sophia has been very odd for the whole game, this would be especially weird behavior for scum. Sorian's vote is all over the place. He nearly voted everyone, but that's a strategy frequently used by both scum and town and not particularly alignment indicative.

I'd like to see everyone check in but I really don't think we're going to get anywhere today until we see what happens, unless the remaining teams want to claim. Otherwise I just don't know what other new info there is. This was my worry about a Ty flip - I thought he was scum, but regardless, I was worried his flip would be less informative and so I guess I should listen to me. :/
Go look at the votes again and tell me how a Kark and Sorian scum team makes sense. It would mean the wagons were scum/scum. If the wagons are scum/scum and one of those pairs is a less experienced pair with a loved PR while the other is a more experienced pair with a roleblock then of course you bus the former. Yet despite that we see Kark vote...on Ty. Off in the middle of nowhere. He could have instead voted kits in the middle of the pack, given some separation to the two groups, etc but he doesn't. Then even seeing all that Xbro throws a last second vote onto kits despite his partner not bothering to. Not sure I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it even less when you're giving Sophia/Crimson a pass and saying they didn't bus, but Sorian not as much.

You are all about reading into my posts today, Natiko, and I think that's uproductive. I am not giving Crimson and Sophia a pass. I actually think that, behavior wise, they come off as incredibly scummy all game. I'm saying I have a hard time reconciling day two votes and timing. It may well be because fepkits was loved there was some strategy there that didn't pan out. We don't know.

Natiko

Banned
You are all about reading into my posts today, Natiko, and I think that's uproductive. I am not giving Crimson and Sophia a pass. I actually think that, behavior wise, they come off as incredibly scummy all game. I'm saying I have a hard time reconciling day two votes and timing. It may well be because fepkits was loved there was some strategy there that didn't pan out. We don't know.
I was explicitly talking about the D2 votes...you outright say you have a hard time seeing those votes being scum. Bit overly defensive there. You didn't even address most of the post.

I'm on mobile and I'm medicated after taking a blow to the sternum today. I'm pleased if I'm making sentences at all. As for the chances of kits and fep being bussed over another team? Sure, I was on board with that the first time it came up. It makes sense. But it doesn't mean we know the strategy for sure. What I'm hoping is we can look at what we do know and come up with some potential scum partners so we can see what happens after no lynch.

I have also never made it to this stage of a game and my partner isn't here yet so I'm over here wringing my hands.

Natiko

Banned
Well I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you get to feeling better. I'm not disagreeing with your strategy - just seemed like from your post you were leaning towards a Kark and Sorian scum team and I was saying I didn't feel they were a likely combo due to Kark's vote and Xbro's vote.

Sorian

Banned
Wasn't D2 a day with an afk Crimson and Sophia near the end? Not sure how that is able to tell us much in terms of whether they were disorganized or not with the vote near the end.

It's cool, it's not like you knew that I was being foggy and I doubt I'm being very clear in general. Chest shit is extra shitty for me because I have asthma so uh I also hope it gets better soon.

In general, I'm trying not to lean at all right now. I'm firmly married to the no lynch and I legit think we don't have the info right now without something new happening. Tracks have been covered and we're spinning our wheels. I'd agree that it's likely Sawrian and XKark aren't a team - but the problem I'm seeing from analysis is that for any combo we could argue there's evidence for and against. I'm not seeing clear possibilities for any good scum partnership, just some that are marginally better than others.

Sorian: Crimson voted and then didn't come back but Sophia's vote wasn't really near end of day, or rather, she was around for plenty after and several votes followed.

Sawneeks

Banned
You seem jumpy to me, because there's no such insinuation there, and I'm not sure how you got that. We knew there was a silencer power via Ouro/KK flipping town, but we had no technical confirmation of Royal's movements until Dr. Worm and Fran flipped. More then that, I was merely restating the obvious.

Although it's interesting how Royal/hey_monkey's power and Ty4on/Trigger's power would have interacted. If Royal had hit Ty4on and Trigger, would that have cancelled out Ty4on's power if used that night?

You used the phrase 'it confirms that Royal has an ability that can be tracked/he has a PR' which struck me as odd because nobody else has even contested their claim of Silencer so I don't know why you didn't just say 'it shows he is the Silencer'. To me, that read as if you didn't believe he was the Silencer but only that he was some sort of 'trackable PR' that Dr. Fran saw. It looked like you were trying to throw subtle shade by saying he was a PR but not the one he claimed to be.

As for your latter statement, I'd imagine it blocked Ty/Trigger's chat completely despite having an extra member unless the priority for the roles was different.

I'm on mobile and I'm medicated after taking a blow to the sternum today. I'm pleased if I'm making sentences at all. As for the chances of kits and fep being bussed over another team? Sure, I was on board with that the first time it came up. It makes sense. But it doesn't mean we know the strategy for sure. What I'm hoping is we can look at what we do know and come up with some potential scum partners so we can see what happens after no lynch.

I have also never made it to this stage of a game and my partner isn't here yet so I'm over here wringing my hands.

Hope you feel better Monkey! That doesn't sound fun. :<

Also, welcome to End Game. A lot of people say Day 1's are the worst part of Mafia games but I still feel End Game is way worse, it's very stressful....

Sorian

Banned
Sorian: Crimson voted and then didn't come back but Sophia's vote wasn't really near end of day, or rather, she was around for plenty after and several votes followed.

It doesn't read as much to me then. Sophia has been sheeping Crimson all game which sounds bad but really doesn't actually say anything about alignment. That day there was no sheeping but Crimson was gone anyway so regardless of whether they were in the chat block or not, it was effectively the same for a town or scum Sophia since she didn't have access to Crimson.

Natiko

Banned
I believe so, though I do want a response from Xbro/Kark to my question above before we turbo. :x
Yeah, I'm not saying we should turbo prior to their check in, just after they catch up and say what they want.
would everyone agree that if we vote no lynch natiko is nkd?
Probably me unless Sorian is actually Town and scum realize leaving him alive is a huge risk.
and what if scum decide not to nk?
Then they're dumb. They'd just be giving us more chances at solving the game and if their hope is to frame whoever Sorian blocks (again, if Sorian is actually Town) then I'd say it would be a waste of their time and could backfire if he does in fact target scum with it.

Having watched this go down but not been in it myself, I am nervous but it does seem to be the only way. Because there's suspicion on almost all teams left, but at different levels:

Natiko Sparks is unlikely to be scum with Sawrian and Sophist, but could be scum with the others.

racohrs is unlikely to be scum with Sophist or us.

XKark could be scum with Sophist but probably not with us or with Sawrian.

Sawrian is a wild card here because assuming they ARE town roleblockers, they are a threat to scum, but we suspect them and they have voted all over the place and could be argued as scum.

We look awfully scummy for leading a charge on Ty but are unlikely to be scum with xKark at least, and probably not with racohrs.

Sophist has not left much of a trail but is still probably not scum with Natiko Sparks or racohrs.

There are more permutations, but at this point it starts to become a logic puzzle. Just in the case of this game, a sneaky logic puzzle full of lies.

Top Bottom