• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Ellite25

I'm so lost. I get to the witch flying around at the swamp but there's no witch in the building nearby. I watched a walkthrough and the monkey leads to a witch on the ground, they go back to that building and the other witch is there. I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong here. Maybe the wrong day or something? I'm not enjoying the game all that much so far, too much stuff that's just not explained and to context sensitive. I don't really like keeping track of the time and only certain things at certain times. I want to get to a temple all really, I've been playing for a few hours already.

*After rescuing the Deku princess*

"Do you have something to carry me in?"
"Wait, crap, I don't have anything. Heh, let me try the bottle just for the shits and giggles"

"Wait, WTF!?! lol XD"

That's basically what happened to me 15 years ago. Same exact experience the first time.

I'm so lost. I get to the witch flying around at the swamp but there's no witch in the building nearby. I watched a walkthrough and the monkey leads to a witch on the ground, they go back to that building and the other witch is there. I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong here. Maybe the wrong day or something? I'm not enjoying the game all that much so far, too much stuff that's just not explained and to context sensitive. I don't really like keeping track of the time and only certain things at certain times. I want to get to a temple all really, I've been playing for a few hours already.

There are two witches. One is in the foresty area that the monkey leads you to. The second witch is in the potion shop. All you do is follow the monkey, find the first witch, then go to the second one in the potion shop and she gives you a red potion. Go back to the first with that's injured and give it to her.

Ellite25

There are two witches. One is in the foresty area that the monkey leads you to. The second witch is in the potion shop. All you do is follow the monkey, find the first witch, then go to the second one in the potion shop and she gives you a red potion. Go back to the first with that's injured and give it to her.

Yeah that's what the walkthrough shows, but the monkey leads me to a witch flying around, and she asks me something about finding someone else. I never encountered an injured witch.

Yeah that's what the walkthrough shows, but the monkey leads me to a witch flying around, and she asks me something about finding someone else. I never encountered an injured witch.

Oh that's only if you do it on the first day the monkey will still lead you to the wounded witch. But if your on the second or third day I believe then you'll see the other one searching for her. So you have to re-find that witch looking around to get the item you need.

I honestly forgot that could happen.

Ellite25

Oh that's only if you do it on the first day the monkey will still lead you to the wounded witch. But if your on the second or third day I believe then you'll see the other one searching for her. So you have to re-find that witch looking around to get the item you need.

I honestly forgot that could happen.

So I have to go back to the first day?

Shauni

Just a heads up for you Majoras Mask Collectors out there. You know who you are. GameStop's PowerUp Rewards has some poster's up on their site. You need 6800 points to redeem them. So if you shop at GameStop and got some points saved up, then knock it out. Their pretty bad ass actually. I just snagged them myself.

This stuff usually goes pretty fast. I got some MGS posters their a few months back and then they were gone rather quickly.

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRew...M57+EiDrRU/sbx4nVKeUlMCSJ0+YoGlyY6dEuJW5dDw==
24x36-Poster-Zelda_MajorasMask3D_Key.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRew...8wEYhqFbCWQL85k6AsL8nw6Je3v+C6ZtgJ6gwSqJESA==
24x36-Poster-Zelda_MajorasMask3D_Skullkid.jpg

Woah, that second poster is GOAT. Thanks for posting this, I rarely look at their reward catalog anymore.

georly

Just a heads up for you Majoras Mask Collectors out there. You know who you are. GameStop's PowerUp Rewards has some poster's up on their site. You need 6800 points to redeem them. So if you shop at GameStop and got some points saved up, then knock it out. Their pretty bad ass actually. I just snagged them myself.

This stuff usually goes pretty fast. I got some MGS posters their a few months back and then they were gone rather quickly.

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRew...M57+EiDrRU/sbx4nVKeUlMCSJ0+YoGlyY6dEuJW5dDw==

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRew...8wEYhqFbCWQL85k6AsL8nw6Je3v+C6ZtgJ6gwSqJESA==

Got them, thanks!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Got all the stray fairies on the great bay temple. That was a bit of a pain. Glad to be done with that place.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Woah, that second poster is GOAT. Thanks for posting this, I rarely look at their reward catalog anymore.

Definitely. Thanks for posting that Chip N Chance! Ordered the second one and grabbed a couple $3 psn codes. I seldom shop at GameStop so I was surprised I had so many points. I guess from trading in some hardware during promos last year and ordering my new 3dsxl from them.

I'm just going to have my own printed on canvas using the high res image online. There are a ton of places that do this kind of work around the web. It gives you a much higher quality product in the end compared to a simple poster.

Edzi

I'm just going to have my own printed on canvas using the high res image online. There are a ton of places that do this kind of work around the web. It gives you a much higher quality product in the end compared to a simple poster.

How exactly would one go about doing this? I've never actually printed a poster before, but this sounds like something I'd want to do.

Ac30

Might be a dumb question, but I finished the Swamp temple and rescued the princess but didn't have the bunny hood to complete the shrine -- I reset time earlier and didn't have time to check, but is EVERYTHING reset from the start? I hope to God at least that temple causeway is there....

braves01

Banned
Might be a dumb question, but I finished the Swamp temple and rescued the princess but didn't have the bunny hood to complete the shrine -- I reset time earlier and didn't have time to check, but is EVERYTHING reset from the start? I hope to God at least that temple causeway is there....

I'm totally sure what you're talking about, but yes temples and fairies you collect in them and keys and so on reset. Major items, like the bow, heart pieces, and masks, won't

This game is so replayable compared to other Zelda games, I love how you can tackle bosses and areas in different ways depending upon the items you have and where you are in the game. They really built replaying bosses and sections of the game with that in mind, since you get items such as the Great Fairey Sword, Fierce Deity Mask, Light Arrows, etc that makes killing bosses faster/easier. This makes successive playthroughs less tedious and let's you focus more on getting what you have to get done, well, done. I beat Odwaldo in like two hits with the Great Fairy Sword when it took me a few minutes to do so as the Deku Scrub, so I was able to beat him, play the target minute game with Koume without having to fight the boss in the exact same way again, ultimately taking up more of my time. I also wound up beating the last boss as Fierce Deity, but I missed one of the heart pieces, so now I can go back, grab it, and try my hand at beating it as nomal Link. Little things like this make it much more replayable than most Zelda games. There's usually one way to do everything, but you can tell that they understood how tedious it'd be to do the exact same things again and again so as you progress through the game you'll develop skills and acquire items that give you the option to make doing tasks in different ways.

Great game. I'm putting it down for a bit and focusing on playing through Fire Emblem Awakening and Metroid NES for now. I don't wanna wear out its welcome because it's my favorite game, but it's still have stuff I wanna do in it like get all the heart pieces, fill out the Bombers Notebook and maybe try fishing.

JeTmAn81

That's basically what happened to me 15 years ago. Same exact experience the first time.

Same here (though the 3DS version is my first playthrough).

"I shouldn't need the bottle to carry her. It's probably the bottle."

*puts her in the bottle*

"Yep, that's dumb."

TheMoon

Ok thanks... I think I've been playing it wrong.. I just been trying to solve everything in the town.

Well you're supposed to. Just not right away. For some things you need to trigger certain events or have items from other sidequests that you can only get after completing a certain dungeon. I assume you've done a bunch of sidequests in town already so just venture out and take care out business outside for a while (such as completing the first dungeon) and see what you might find there that affects things you've come across so far or opens up new things.

Mathi

How exactly would one go about doing this? I've never actually printed a poster before, but this sounds like something I'd want to do.
All you need is a high quality version of the image you want to print. Try this thread or Google Image Search and use the one with the highest quality/resolution. There are lots of online printing services that let you upload your own images and the ones I've used were all fairly simple to use. Upload the image, choose the size and the format you want (poster, canvas print, etc.) and you're good to go. You may have to resize/crop the image if it doesn't fit the format you want.

The MM artworks are gorgeous, I printed these almost immediately after Nintendo announced the 3D version (60x45cm canvas print, 4cm frame).

DTU

Banned
I just bought the MM Skullkid LE OFF THE SHELF(!) at Best Buy. They had multiples, but this was the last. Might be worth checking out!

Edzi

All you need is a high quality version of the image you want to print. Try this thread or Google Image Search and use the one with the highest quality/resolution. There are lots of online printing services that let you upload your own images and the ones I've used were all fairly simple to use. Upload the image, choose the size and the format you want (poster, canvas print, etc.) and you're good to go. You may have to resize/crop the image if it doesn't fit the format you want.

The MM artworks are gorgeous, I printed these almost immediately after Nintendo announced the 3D version (60x45cm canvas print, 4cm frame).

Sweet, thanks. Can you recommend some printing services?

npa189

Just took 2 and a half hours to get though great bay temple, Jesus that temple is the worst. Its got the water temple beat, and that boss, my god. Is great bay up there with the worst of all time? Or am I just tired?

Just took 2 and a half hours to get though great bay temple, Jesus that temple is the worst. Its got the water temple beat, and that boss, my god. Is great bay up there with the worst of all time? Or am I just tired?

Great Bay is actually really easy, but time-consuming. The changes to George and the Ice Arrows/water don't help matters though.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Great Bay is actually really easy, but time-consuming. The changes to George and the Ice Arrows/water don't help matters though.

Wait what? Those totally make it less frustrating.

Temple was way easier for me. Missing one fairy was quite annoying though. Ate up like half of my 3 day cycle trying to find that one bugger.

Cess007

I agree.

I remember almost all i'd to do, but even a full day wasn't enough for me to finish it and had to return to the first day (i reached the temple in the night of the second day)

I found Great Bay way less confusing than when I was a kid on the n64 and I think one big reason is the map constantly shown at the bottom screen. Without a map I would have been so confused on how the temple really work with the clock and anti clock wise current.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got stuck on the stupidest thing in Great Bay (
the one room with platforms turning from water falling from the ceiling you had to freeze. I guess I saw it wasn't 'sparkly' and completely forgot about it
) but otherwise found it easier than I remember, especially heading into the area with a solid amount of bottles.

I think all together it makes for a hectic cycle if you don't reset. I always try to do pirate fortress + pinnacle rock + the dungeon so I'm usually the most time stressed here. I had the countdown start during my Gyorg fight.

Neiteio

I got stuck on the stupidest thing in Great Bay (
the one room with platforms turning from water falling from the ceiling you had to freeze. I guess I saw it wasn't 'sparkly' and completely forgot about it
) but otherwise found it easier than I remember, especially heading into the area with a solid amount of bottles.

I think all together it makes for a hectic cycle if you don't reset. I always try to do pirate fortress + pinnacle rock + the dungeon so I'm usually the most time stressed here. I had the countdown start during my Gyorg fight.
Why would you attempt them all in one go? Once I get the New Wave Bossa Nova, I reset, slow time, warp to Zora Cape, play the song, and finish the dungeon by the second night.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why would you attempt them all in one go? Once I get the New Wave Bossa Nova, I reset, slow time, warp to Zora Cape, play the song, and finish the dungeon by the second night.

gotta go fast ° ͜ʖ °

I actually have no idea why, but I've always liked trying to do each area in one cycle unless I split focus and do some sidequests at the same time. I missed the stone mask which I wasn't used to, so it made me cut it really close this time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I usually end up in a tough situation. I'll do some of the pre-dungeon stuff and end up near the end of the first day. Then I'll talk myself into just continuing on from that point, figuring 'Suuure, I'll be able to finish in time', but it always ends up with me frantically searching for the last few fairies in a dungeon with minutes to go.

Zareka

Finally finished the game, and with something I never thought would happen: 100% completion. This game went from something I was mildly interested in because it was Zelda to my second favourite (and that's VERY close) Zelda title of all time. I actually feel sad that I'm done with Termina and that there's nothing left to do. With around 50 hours clocked I still don't feel like I've had enough. For sure this is one game I'm so happy I bought into the GAF hype with.

Also, holy hell Twinmold is now my favourite Zelda boss fight. Where the hell did that even come from?! It was so awesome! I loved every second of how it played out.

Anyway, I've had about 1-2 hours sleep the past couple days so I'll stop while I'm still at least somewhat coherent. I just...ngh. What an amazing journey. I don't even care that the
Fierce Diety Mask (I never thought I'd get this!)
made the final boss trivial because I felt like I'd earned the right to pummel it into the ground by the time that was over. God damn it that game was amazing.

Neiteio

Finally finished the game, and with something I never thought would happen: 100% completion. This game went from something I was mildly interested in because it was Zelda to my second favourite (and that's VERY close) Zelda title of all time. I actually feel sad that I'm done with Termina and that there's nothing left to do. With around 50 hours clocked I still don't feel like I've had enough. For sure this is one game I'm so happy I bought into the GAF hype with.

Also, holy hell Twinmold is now my favourite Zelda boss fight. Where the hell did that even come from?! It was so awesome! I loved every second of how it played out.

Anyway, I've had about 1-2 hours sleep the past couple days so I'll stop while I'm still at least somewhat coherent. I just...ngh. What an amazing journey. I don't even care that the
Fierce Diety Mask (I never thought I'd get this!)
made the final boss trivial because I felt like I'd earned the right to pummel it into the ground by the time that was over. God damn it that game was amazing.
Aw yiss. The MM high is the best high.

If only Ninty would make another Zelda like this. :/

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This game really interests me... I dunno if I can wait for a Best Buy B2G1 for this.

Never finished a 3D Zelda. Currently working through Wind Waker.

Zareka

Aw yiss. The MM high is the best high.

If only Ninty would make another Zelda like this. :/
It's really got me thinking how this model could work for Nintendo if they tried it more often. As in, we would get regular Zelda games like we do now, and then a year or two down the line a smaller, "expansion" style game that reuses all of the previous games assets. Since most of the leg work would be done it'd allow them to really focus on the world, themes, quests etc and let them be as experimental as they wanted, much like how Majora's Mask ended up. Obviously not ALL the time or we'd get major burn out, but I like the idea of smaller, weirder Zeldas every so often. I mean if it gets us more Majora's Masks, I'll all for it!

d00d3n

A simple question: Is your progress completing mini-games saved when you reset the time, so that you can complete day 1 and day 2 challenges in one 72 hour period and the day 3 challenge in another 72 hour period and still get the reward for completing all challenges?

Top Bottom