• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Kallor

The game looks super rough from the US footage... pretty much the same as the N64 version at parts.

3DS version
ud6aIeV.png

N64 version:
JpD1RV1.png

are we looking at the same thing? This is the 3DS we're talking about and it still looks way better.

Christopher

I can't stress enough how happy I am here I an sososososoossososo happy about this announcement.

The 3DS is the best system ever is there any doubt now?

Again incase you didn't knkw I sm extremely happy about this annoucwment

SegaShack

OMG, let's define terms guys....

Port: Conversion of one game from platform A to platform B.

Remake: A port of a game in which the developers have changed or added a significant number of things.

So do you understand the difference? All remakes are ports by default, but not all ports are remakes. For a port to be considered a remake it has to have a significant amount of changes. That could sound arbitrary so I would propose that the longer the game, the more additional content or changes should be made.

Ok, here are some examples:

Port: Duckhunt VC, Xenoblade 3D, Mass Effect 3 Wii U, sonic VC.

Remake: RE: Remake, Windwaker HD, OoT 3D, RE4 PS3

In the case of the ports listed, very little has been done to change the game in any way other than to adapt it for new control schemes or in the case of VC to add suspend points...ect. In the case of the Remakes, almost every game I listed has had significant changes made to more than one aspect of he game. Some have new modes, or entirely new sections of the game. Some have not only updated the assets to be higher quality, but in the case of OoT 3D they have actually redesigned assets and layouts in the environment. MM3D is a remake, just like OoT3D was. Deal with it.

Wrong and I don't like your attitude saying "deal with it".

A remake is when you redo the game from scratch for new hardware. A remake would be things like this:

These are ports:

These are enhanced ports:

Port is a conversion to another platform. Enchanced ports add bonuses and features on top of that. Remakes are brand new games (get it, they are 're-making' the game).

Neat! Only made it to the snow area before quitting, and that was only a year or two ago. Glad I waited because this will probably be the best way to play it. I enjoyed the Shenmue-like feel to it because of the time aspect.

rekameohs

Banned
OMG, let's define terms guys....

Port: Conversion of one game from platform A to platform B.

Remake: A port of a game in which the developers have changed or added a significant number of things.

So do you understand the difference? All remakes are ports by default, but not all ports are remakes. For a port to be considered a remake it has to have a significant amount of changes. That could sound arbitrary so I would propose that the longer the game, the more additional content or changes should be made.

Ok, here are some examples:

Port: Duckhunt VC, Xenoblade 3D, Mass Effect 3 Wii U, sonic VC.

Remake: RE: Remake, Windwaker HD, OoT 3D, RE4 PS3

In the case of the ports listed, very little has been done to change the game in any way other than to adapt it for new control schemes or in the case of VC to add suspend points...ect. In the case of the Remakes, almost every game I listed has had significant changes made to more than one aspect of he game. Some have new modes, or entirely new sections of the game. Some have not only updated the assets to be higher quality, but in the case of OoT 3D they have actually redesigned assets and layouts in the environment. MM3D is a remake, just like OoT3D was. Deal with it.
What?

A remake is entirely new game based around another. It's a game being re-made, hence the name. Easy examples are Resident Evil REmake and Metroid Zero Mission. Those are entirely new games based on another.

Ocarina and Majora's Mask 3D are enhanced ports. They literally are porting the code to another system.

Try directing your condescending tone elsewhere, please.

BasilZero

YES

Another game that I missed during the N64 era that I will get to experience on the 3DS :O

Its for the 3DS and not exclusive for "NEW" 3DS right....?

Socreges

Banned
Wrong and I don't like your attitude saying "deal with it".

A remake is when you redo the game from scratch for new hardware. A remake would be things like this:

These are ports:

These are enhanced ports:

Port is a conversion to another platform. Enchanced ports add bonuses and features on top of that. Remakes are brand new games (get it, they are 're-making' the game).
I agree with this guy.

But the argument is entirely pedantic. Who cares if you call it a remake or port? We all know the differences and enhancements.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A port to me is when a game is brought to another plattform without any major changes.
The PC version of Deus Ex HR is a port. Xenoblade 3DS is a port.

When a game get's a complete graphical overhaul, with added features and possibly more content it's a remake.
Metroid Zero Missions is a remake. As is this. As is Halo Anniversary.

Can't help but be super jealous of those who are going to be playing the game for the first time. As far as gaming goes it's a really special experience.

So this got me thinking....

Zelda OoT3DS has a special edition 3DS
Zelda AlBW had a special edition 3DS

.....what are the chances of MM3DS doing the same? :p

Anth0ny

North America ended up getting the Wind Waker LE. Weren't we convinced that wasn't happening until very close to launch?

Nevertheless I'm copping the European one as soon as that pre-order link goes live. I just find it crazy that a Zelda LE wouldn't be released in NA. Maybe they'll release like 30 of them only at the NYC Nintendo Store.

Illucio

Banned
New 3DS bundle with a limited edition faceplate

I'm going to be holding off getting a New 3DS so I can buy whatever special edition it is for Majoras Mask.
I promised to myself I would go all out if the game was made, and I'm going to fulfill that promise.

Redd

I've bought this game twice already. Still buying 3ds version the day it comes out.

Time to help the Bombers restore order in Termina again.

This has been my most anticipated game of all time. I cannot stress enough how Happy it makes me have my goat remastered on the 3ds.

That artwork is beautiful. It seems Europe will get the best cover Just as with Ocarina of Time 3D.

Announce the release date of the New 3DS in NA Nintendo! I'm ready to give it to you ;___;

alf717

I can only hope I have the spending cash to finally get a 3DS and Majora's Mask when the time comes.

Top Bottom