• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Seeking Woman Season 3 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

fR0dqCA.png

HrMYMdI.jpg
jfFVWHW.jpg

Man Seeking Woman is back with an all-new, surreal season about the life-and-death stakes of dating.

“Josh Greenberg” (Jay Baruchel) has battled a lot in his quest for love (flesh-eating monsters, homicidal aliens), but this season will see him face his toughest challenge yet:
a serious, long-term relationship. Together, Josh and Lucy (Katie Findlay) will take on anniversaries, merging friend groups, ruthless drug lords, friendly forest creatures, student loans and even God himself. In order to make it, they'll have to work together and learn to live as a team.

The series also stars Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show) as “Mike,” Josh’s confident and daring best friend; and Britt Lower (Unforgettable) as “Liz,” Josh’s intimidating older sister.

Man Seeking Woman is based on Simon Rich’s book of short stories, The Last Girlfriend on Earth. Rich created the 10-episode scripted comedy and also serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Jonathan Krisel, Andrew Singer and Lorne Michaels, and Broadway Video also serve as Executive Producers. Man Seeking Woman is an original series produced by FX Productions.

FNRm8jY.png

Season 2 | Website

7HgpBGY.gif

RobotVM

So glad it is coming back. Also glad Josh finally has a girlfriend. After Rosa I wasn't sure he would find one. Also glad to see Mike still doing his thing.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Something amusing about this thread going up right after reading the thread "Is the (Second) Golden Age of Television Over?"

Thanks for the thread, Dereck. Looking forward to S3.

- Slant Magazine review:
The four episodes previewed for press suggest that Man Seeing Woman is far from running out of surprising and absurd riffs on the many ways in which people in love are prone to playing the part of their own worst enemy. At its finest, which is to say at its most compassionate, the series understands romantic friction as a collaborative effort.

- SF Chronicle review
“MSW” succeeds because plot is the least important element of the show. In fact, the more unremarkable an episode’s story is, the funnier it becomes as the writers let their imaginations run wild.

The third season of “Man Seeking Woman” proves that man finding woman only opens more doors for the writing staff and continues to make the series one of the funniest on TV and certainly among the most imaginative

Jerrod

I'm hyped. I hope they have a good woman seeking man episode, first season's was the best episode of the season but second season's wasn't very good.

Strike

The way some people have been talking about this show you'd think it was the last season.

Is...is this the last season?

amanset

This has been on my radar for a bit never got round to watching it. This thread served as a reminder and I accidentally watched the entire first season yesterday.

Why didn't I do this before?

- The Week review
It's no small achievement to maintain the show's taut three-act structure, its sly use of metaphor, and overall tone — all while introducing a whole new character, writing her a different but equally surreal sensibility, and upending the show's basic premise. But Man Seeking Woman pulls it off. Josh and Lucy are one of television's most enjoyably watchable couples.

- Collider review
The show’s balance of the bizarre and the mundane may be at its sharpest yet this season, but it also hasn’t lost its bite.

I hope we get another Liz focused episode. They are always the highlight for me.
From her interviews yesterday before the premiere, it sounds like they're planning on it. Should be plenty of Lucy (Katie Findlay) focused content, as well. Sepinwall noted that Baruchel wasn't in the screener episodes as much as previous seasons.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Got into the show a year ago and fell in love with it. I assume there will be no way to watch it online as it's airing tonight, will there...

Mariolee

Oh my god this scene is perfect.

I also love how much more sweet everything is now that Lucy's here. Josh doesn't have to lose all the time. Her moving in <3

jasonng

I really really like this episode.

Edit: Britt Lower is going to be terribly underused in this season too, huh? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom