• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Seeking Woman Season 2 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX (renewed for S3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the TED talk was lame, but the car stuff was ridiculous.

He put it in the gashole.

Genius.

xOgKYHV.gif

Seriously. This is the only show that can get away with things like this.

Why do I relate most to the episode that's about car fucking?

That's cause you're Asian and us Asians sure do love our cars amiright /s

I think some guys and girls can relate to it metaphorically.

I haven't had an experience related to it but I can see how people can have an experience like it. What particularily stood out to me was the car/ex crashing into Josh' apartment. A drunk ex who comes knocking on your door asking for forgiveness via drunk sex and then regretting it the next morning.

jasonng

That's cause you're Asian and us Asians sure do love our cars amiright /s

I think some guys and girls can relate to it metaphorically.

I haven't had an experience related to it but I can see how people can have an experience like it. What particularily stood out to me was the car/ex crashing into Josh' apartment. A drunk ex who comes knocking on your door asking for forgiveness via drunk sex and then regretting it the next morning.

That wasn't what I was referring to unfortunately. I'm definitely at that point in my life where my confidence comes from going full on Riggs but never ever sticks because I go on endlessly about the plot holes of _____ .

That whole bit hit too close to home for me.

Quick

Banned
Just watched the latest episode.

It also kind of hit me close with how Josh is feeling. Balding scares me, too. lol

That wasn't what I was referring to unfortunately. I'm definitely at that point in my life where my confidence comes from going full on Riggs but never ever sticks because I go on endlessly about the plot holes of _____ .

That whole bit hit too close to home for me.

Hah! Duuuuude.... I go on tangents with my two best friends and I catch myself midway and.... Sorry dudes, what y'all talking about? Let's take some shots and listen to some EDM or something. So I think about applying that to speaking with girls and.... I hope some girl can withstand it and just talk to me about it :/

I don't know man, dating is still so different to me compared to High School tbh. There are so many variables to consider when you hit a certain age when it comes to dating and I haven't fully embraced it yet sadly ;_;

The balding hits home too. I have a spot and it really irritates me but luckily for me it's on the top-ish back right of my head so.... Many people won't be able to see it. That's why I'm letting my hair grow as long as possible until I need to cut it (I'm at shoulder length now).

TripOpt55

This has been pretty good again this season. I do still find it really hit or miss. At times it is amazing and other times almost painfully unfunny. Perhaps it is because of commitment to their gags that people have mentioned. They go all in on these concepts which is admirable, but a lot of them just don't work in my opinion. On the other hand when it does work it is hysterical. It is a little frustrating I guess because I feel if it was a little more consistent it could be a special comedy. Oh well, it is still worth it for its better moments, but I just can't help but feel it has to the potential to be more.

- NY Mag: Why Man Seeking Woman Is One of TV’s Most Underrated Comedies
- IndieWire: The Secret to Great TV Comedies Like 'Portlandia,' 'Man Seeking Woman' and 'Baskets'(Jonathan Krisel interview)
How does that compare to your experience on "Man Seeking Woman"?

That's a slightly different thing. In the first season I was heavily involved with the pilot, and now, second season, I have taken a step back to executive producer, but that's what you do as you grow. It becomes, "I guess I know something. I can help somebody else out." And I love that team too. Reading Simon [Rich]'s books, they're so funny. We met at "SNL." But I try to bring "how to run a show" and "how to set up a show," the culture that we had at "Tim and Eric," to bring to all the shows. It's a down-home, unprofessional environment. People are really good at their jobs, but no one is phoning it in. You've gotta be there. You've gotta be present.

When you say unprofessional, is it personal?

It's personal and present. It's not big and unwielding. It's stripped down. We have as small a group as possible. The writer's room is really small.

I know "Man Seeking Woman" is like four people?

That one is the biggest. That's maybe six people. But it's small. "Portlandia" is five. "Baskets" is four. Louis CK said to me, "You don't want a writer's room for this." He's like, "I hate writer's rooms." But I've never been in a real writer's room. I've only been in the ones I've created. The "Tim and Eric" one. The "Kroll Show" one. The "Portlandia" one. They're not real. I run them, and I've never had a real experience in my life. I'm basing it on my own system. Someone could come in and tell me I'm doing it completely wrong, but I just have to work on my own weird system.

Man, that was one terrible episode - easily the worst of the series I'd say. A few laugh lines but mostly felt like a bad parody of a Lifetime movie. Might have played a little better around the holidays, but late January....

Hope they have a killer valentines episode coming up.

I wonder who the actor playing Santa was, he looked familiar. Thought it mighta been Ted Danson but don't think so.

Dereck

Santa the character was not enough to give this episode any draw. Replace Santa with any other guy and there wouldn't be a stark difference.

It's a decent idea but the Christmas themed innuendos grew a little tried after 10 minutes.

Man, that was one terrible episode - easily the worst of the series I'd say. A few laugh lines but mostly felt like a bad parody of a Lifetime movie. Might have played a little better around the holidays, but late January....

Hope they have a killer valentines episode coming up.

I wonder who the actor playing Santa was, he looked familiar. Thought it mighta been Ted Danson but don't think so.
It wasn't a bad idea for an episode, and it was fairly well executed... it just wasn't funny. Which can be fine if they're going for something deeper, though I find this show misses more often than it hits when it attempts that route.

Peter Giles played Santa Claus, by the way.

Klocker

I appreciate that they were fully invested, but did not get one laugh out of me tonight and usually the show is good for 3 or 4.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Decided to check this show out on a whim last Saturday.

Holy. Shit. Everything felt so... true and relate-able.

jasonng

"I'll bring the milk."

The humor is much more subtle. I really like Woman seeking Man episodes. I'm surprised you guys didn't like as much as I did.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The first Liz episode is the best episode of the entire series. This one just wasn't very good.

Agreed, the previous Liz episode is the best.

This second Liz episode is by far the most crass episode of the series and I think part of that plays into how it is the least funny episode.

The tone was odd this week. Britt Lower did some nice, subtle work, particularly with her line delivery. However, her performance didn't blend as well with the more crass Santa plotline. I didn't hate it - just didn't feel like it worked as well as it could have.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I didn't dislike the episode, in fact I thought it was quite good. :p

The life of a mistress is a hard life.

TripOpt55

Yeah this episode didn't really do much for me at all. Disappointing considering how good last year's Liz-focused episode was.

How are the ratings this season?
I haven't seen them aside from the premiere. They were down from S1, but the L+3's and DVR numbers were up.
Down from its last season opener like Always Sunny, lead out MSW garnered 280,000 total viewers in its Season 2 premiere.

However, with an 85% Live + 3 lift in total viewers to 518,000, MSW had its best ever delayed viewing results. In the 18-49 demo, the Jay Baruchel starring MSW rose to another series high in the DVR metrics to 365,000.
The numbers are extremely low, but the show does have some value to FX(X) beyond the traditional metrics. I don't know if that's enough for another season, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom