• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Seeking Woman Season 3 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it better than previous Liz episodes, it showed her as strong and frail and gave some nice backstory and growth on their original dad and some of what drives Liz. "That sucks!" power was absolutely hilarious. and yeah, I laughed like a maniac when they brought out the yak.

I do hope though Josh doesn't get married, while Lucy is funny and awesome the show itself is way more funny with Josh dealing with rejection and dating and watching the differences between him and Mike in the social world.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Lucy and Josh might be the only fictional relationship I've ever wanted to see succeed. I feel like the season is covering the course of an entire relationship and I'm fully expecting it to dissolve by the finale, but the last couple minutes of the Bagel episode was more endearing than all of How I Met Your Mother.

This season has definitely been my favorite. Not sure if anything will ever top Woof Woof Cowabunga.

Quick

Banned
Just caught up now.

Not a wholly funny episode, but I like the change of pace from Josh and Lucy. The whole Pasta Buongiornio scene was a nice payoff for a serious episode.

One thing that I always felt could be a funny topic of exploration is Tom being their step-dad, with how wildly different he is to Liz. Episode was too short to really get into that and their dad, but I appreciate the attempt. It was just a bit half-baked.

Peter Gallagher was a good casting choice, with how similar he and Jay Baruchel look.

I swear I was this show's biggest fan when it first came out and then I found out this season is about him in a relationship and i was like.....eeeehhhh.

It's more of a me problem cause I like the chase better than the actual prize when it comes to these kinda shows. I'm weird like that. Did I make a fatal error?

Sunster

I swear I was this show's biggest fan when it first came out and then I found out this season is about him in a relationship and i was like.....eeeehhhh.

It's more of a me problem cause I like the chase better than the actual prize when it comes to these kinda shows. I'm weird like that. Did I make a fatal error?

na, I bet a lot of people feel like you. For me, I love them together. We don't have many shows like that, with a healthy relationship and both people play equal parts. We have 1 trillion single guy looking shows.

na, I bet a lot of people feel like you. For me, I love them together. We don't have many shows like that, with a healthy relationship and both people play equal parts. We have 1 trillion single guy looking shows.
Yup, I'm loving this because it's set in the middle of a relationship. Not many shows or movies focus on living during the relationship. Usually, they are coming to the start of it or the end of it. But not the middle.
Man-Seeking-Woman-Season-3-Episode-6-1-7aaa.jpg

I especially loved the episode about just being complacent with each other, just watching TV together which a lot of couples do after work and nothing else, so them trying to be adventurous and varying things was nice. It's kind of what I want in a relationship, eventually.

It's not as exciting as the chase, but I think it's more real now.

Boogs31

Thought this past episode, Cake, was easily the best of the season so far. I feel like season 3 has been consistently decent but lacking some of the highs of seasons 1 and 2.

- Splitsider: Inside Season 3 of ‘Man Seeking Woman’ with Creator Simon Rich
There were many outlandish dramatic moments this season with explosions and special effects. Were you ever worried on set?

There were lots of moments when I was afraid. The yak, for example, in episode eight. He was very well behaved, but he was also very large and definitely unaware that he was on a television show, so that was a little anxiety provoking. But Mark McKinney was fearless and in blocking he volunteered to sit next to the yak. So if anything went wrong he would be the first to be stampeded. We are grateful to him for his bravery. And yeah, the stuntmen on our show are really fearless. We have a really great stunt coordinator named Jean Frenette. He and his team do a really good job. Because you know, we obviously have a lot of violence on our show. Someone is pretty much being shot at or tackled pretty much every single week. They’re pros at making it all done safely. I thought the stand-out stunt this year was Eric Andre’s stunt double dropping off the bridge into that toxic waste. It’s always thrilling when we get to pull off those kinds of pieces. It’s an ambitious show for sure.
- Paste Magazine: Man Seeking Woman's Simon Rich and the Rise of the TV Humorist
- Esquire: Jay Baruchel Will Help You Land a Date

Lol, illuminati Parent's meeting and Robin's torrential diarrhea.

Somehow the marriage is going to fall apart, isn't it?

Edit: huh, so that's that. No more Man Seeking Woman since Josh has found a women. I wonder what's going to happen next season? Adventures of Josh and Lucy with the occasional appearances of Eric Andre and Josh's sister?

I liked this season though. It was just nice to witness Josh finally settling down.

bachikarn

Lol, illuminati Parent's meeting and Robin's torrential diarrhea.

Somehow the marriage is going to fall apart, isn't it?

Edit: huh, so that's that. No more Man Seeking Women since Josh has found a women. I wonder what's going to happen next season? Adventures of Josh and Lucy with the occasional appearances of Eric Andre and Josh's sister?

I liked this season though. It was just nice to witness Josh finally settling down.

is it definitely getting renewed?

kevin1025

Banned
The show's Twitter account put up this tweet:

https://twitter.com/manseekingwoman/status/839680356122963968

"No more seeking. She's the one. #BigDay #JoshandLucy2017 #ManSeekingWoman"

Maybe I'm just reading into it, but "no more seeking" is a tad ominous. But also could be a simple sentence being read into too much.

But no real news on renewal yet or cancellation, officially.

Huh..... Yeah I agree with you. It is a tad ominous. I'll wait for official confirmation otherwise it was a good way to end the series for me. A spinoff series focusing on Liz would work or one with Eric Andre. Woman Seeking Man or continue the series' name with Eric Andre's character instead.

DaveH

I tried watching the first two episodes when the show started and didn't really care for it (my main recollection being it was just too sad / pathetic and I was already burnt out on awkward loser single guys from Merchant's "Hello Ladies").

I randomly picked up this season and enjoyed it because everyone's in a happier place and the surrealism is more commentary and less desperate absurdist escapism from the pain of the situation.

Based on the above, should I go back to watch the first two seasons?

- Onion A|V Club review
- Man Seeking Woman’s creator and star on the show’s life after marriage
AVC: Well, you were able to reboot the show this season, so it could work as a kind of anthology series, right? Maybe there’s a different man seeking a partner or a woman who’s searching? For what it’s worth, I think “Blood” is a near-perfect ending to the show, if not the season.

SR: Thank you so much. It’s certainly an ending to the main story that we’ve been telling, and I do see it as the end of Josh’s dating story, but it’s the beginning of a new kind of story for Josh and Lucy, and there are a whole bunch of characters who are still single.

I’m also excited that our show has started to explore issues other than dating. We had an episode called “Card,” which is about Josh’s failure to become a video game designer. It was an episode about his insecurity with his career and very much about his relationship with his parents and his mother’s expectations of him. And it was exciting, because it was our very first attempt to do an episode that wasn’t just a dating story. That was a big risk for us at the time, and I think we grew a lot from it. Then in season three, we had several episodes that weren’t really focused on dating, like in our best man episode. It had very little to do with romance. It was about the relationship between these two men. And our Liz episode [this season] was about her relationship with her parents. So it’s exciting to focus on relationships that aren’t romantic. It’s just another way to expand the world of our show, and frankly, in ways that I didn’t think were possible in season one. I’m really excited by how much the show has grown and how much more ambitious it’s gotten.

Been a great run, sure, but cant help but feel a little sad that this may be the last MSW episode ever.

Also felt like this week and last week was a little weak compared to the rest of the season, and ditto for season 2's finale as well.

Anywho, Better Call Saul is starting up soon, and baskets aint done yet either!

This show used to be a comedy, right? Didn't love this season at all. Needs more funny, more Eric Andre (I can't believe I typed that either), and the episodes are all way too short. Last night was, what, 17 minutes? I love when this show gets outrageous and sometimes fails doing it. Season felt too safe.

I really, really hope they don't try to do a season 4 where the couple split up.

Sadly the golden rule of sitcoms still seems to apply: its only really funny when all the characters are single. Start marrying them off and the comedy vanishes.

Quick

Banned
I'm content with this being the final season. I think the ending is a good indicator.

First episode starts with Josh breaking up with Maggie and being followed by a storm cloud over his head. Final episode ends with Josh and Lucy kissing under sunshine while it's raining everywhere else.

Really enjoyed the finale, and it was an episode I wish was longer. I'd say this is a show where I wish had longer episodes.

Ashby

Pretty lame that the wedding episode was all about their parents. They couldn't have come up with a plot focused on Josh on his own wedding day? Didn't he use to be the lead of this show? Jeez, a episode about cold feet would have been 10x more interesting of a concept.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This show used to be a comedy, right? Didn't love this season at all. Needs more funny, more Eric Andre (I can't believe I typed that either), and the episodes are all way too short. Last night was, what, 17 minutes? I love when this show gets outrageous and sometimes fails doing it. Season felt too safe.
Agree wholeheartedly. This season may have been much less cynical and more charming and cute but it wasn't nearly as funny as the last two seasons. If a fourth season were to be an extension of this one I'd be perfectly fine with it not happening.

Jerrod

The 3rd season definitely felt like it was wrapping everything up but I wish it would have gone on longer. The 3rd season wasn't even very good compared to the first two, and we didn't get a proper Woman Seeking Man episode.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
😭😭😭

As perfect an ending that was for the show, I still want to watch these characters live their lives. I feel like we never really got a good ending for Liz either.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
When it comes to a show like this or Hannibal, I tend to not mourn too badly because I'm always surprised it lasted as long as it did. I'm just glad we got to get as much of it as we did.

RIP Man Seeking Woman

K4G1xaY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom