• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Seeking Woman Season 3 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucy's dad is a dick.

Damn Josh is too laid back about meeting the parents, lol.

Ugh..... I don't really say this but damn that was so cringey. Dammit Josh...

Edit: Dammit Josh, you are getting way too comfy with her parents!

Oh god.... This court scene is amazing.

Lucy is savage though.

Edit 2: Lol, Queen Lucy was born. Where The Wild Things Are spoof. Nice.

Fun heartfelt moment with the monsters there though.

Good on Josh for finally jumping to Lucy's side there.

TripOpt55

That was one of my favorite episodes of the show. The final bit with the monsters was pure gold (that giant Xanax!), but I loved the whole episode. The early cut to what Lucy was wearing that wasn't showing on camera during the phone call with her parents. Josh continually saying it was just the wind. The monitor that the hunters had that was for ghosts. Lucy telling everyone to suck her dick on the way out of the conference. I loved it all. Lucy has been such an amazing addition to this show.

Vox named last week's "Popcorn" their episode of the week.
The FXX comedy used to be a good show about dating. Now it’s a great show about relationships.
Any TV show that can successfully take as many emotional turns as “Popcorn” does in 20 minutes — without totally going off the rails — is impressive. And Man Seeking Woman pulls it off while mixing in incisive genre parodies and a bonus IRA lesson, to boot. The episode is a prime example of what the show does best: tell relatable, emotional stories with a beating heart, a grin, and a self-aware wink.

Dereck

Sometimes I don't really click with this show. But it varies. Like either I'm all the way in or I'm all the way out.

I think what it is, is in the beginning of the episode a premise is established. Then the rest of the episode takes this premise and exaggerates it until it dies. I think sometimes the comedic/absurdist angle this show takes with certain premises ends up becoming goofy to the point where it won't interest me. Those are the episode where I just won't post at all, not a fan of being a Buzz Kill.

However the opposite of what I just said could be said for other episodes, like the one from last week for example.

Well.... Rip Josh, lol.

Damn Josh.... I know that feeling bro ;_;

Oh noooooo, not the expensive dinner with the more successful people. Lol, yup that's how it is. As soon as somebody is paying for you, "yeah sure can I get another beer/drink?"

Wow Josh, wow. Now those paintings are something that will make GAF proud.

Woof, woof. Cowabunga!

- Onion A|V Club review

Someone points out in the comments:
Mike and Josh play a video game about a knight fighting a dragon. Mike says Josh sucks at it. This is the game made by one of the students in the game design course Josh took last season because designing a video game was one of his dreams.

I'm watching this episode right now so I don't know if it comes up again, but this was a great, subtle way to reinforce Josh's anxieties about how unsuccessful he is.

Sometimes I don't really click with this show. But it varies. Like either I'm all the way in or I'm all the way out.

I think what it is, is in the beginning of the episode a premise is established. The the rest of the episode takes this premise and exaggerates it until it dies. I think sometimes the comedic/absurdist angle this show takes with certain premises ends up becoming goofy to the point where it won't interest me. Those are the episode where I just won't post at all, not a fan of being a Buzz Kill.

However the opposite of what I just said could be said for other episodes, like the one from last week for example.
It's hit or miss with the gags for me. Tonight some of it didn't work quite as well as usual, but I keep going back to Baruchel's comments earlier this season about the show being 'handcrafted' or something like that. Sometimes the gags don't land, but I love the effort they put into any idea no matter how stupid it is. I admire the commitment, so it doesn't bother me much when it isn't really landing for me.

barik

That last segment saved the episode for me, and might be my favorite joke on the show, period.

"I guess I have a style?"

lunchtoast

With Sunny being hit or miss and Workaholics being pretty bad all season I can always count on this show to be great.

That was a sweet episode and made me realize I need to take my wife out on more treasure hunts, we've been netflix and chilling (literal chill) a bit too much recently.

Also made me feel better about Lucy sticking around, she is so far out of his league its like they are in different solar systems but he is growing as a boyfriend and that last minute or two was great.

Still, I woulda gone with Indiana Jones, dude is smoking hot. Their version of Sallah was hilarious.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The episodes this season are sweet and cute. Not as funny as the first two seasons though. Lucy's character is a wet blanket on the series. Was hoping she would run off with Indiana Jones at the end of the episode.

Mariolee

The episodes this season are sweet and cute. Not as funny as the first two seasons though. Lucy's character is a wet blanket on the series. Was hoping she would run off with Indiana Jones at the end of the episode.

I absolutely disagree. While I love the first two seasons I feel like many of the episodes were hit or miss, but with Lucy she always consistently brings a focused vibrant and new energy each episode.

Including this one, I loved it.

I absolutely disagree. While I love the first two seasons I feel like many of the episodes were hit or miss, but with Lucy she always consistently brings a focused vibrant and new energy each episode.

Including this one, I loved it.
Yeah, show feels more focused, but the highs were higher in previous seasons so far. When it hit, it REALLY hit. When it whiffed? Yikes. Then again, I did just say the episode before Pad Thai was my favorite of the series, so what do I know of these highs...

Pad Thai wasn't very funny, it was cute. Enjoyable. This season feels more, I don't know... watchable? Accessible?

Klocker

I laughed my ass off almost the entire first season. Since then the show has gotten interesting, but rarely funny.

I miss the old story telling. Now they are just surreal for the sake of being surreal. Earlier they told the story with hilarious ....metaphors? (I think I'm using that right)

jasonng

They seemed to have trade the zany and hilarity for something more endearing and whole. I can understand how some would not prefer that but I'm enjoying the growth of Josh immensely.

Sunster

I really hope they stay together. They play off each other so well and Mike is more than enough single guy hilarity whenever he makes an appearance.

Ashby

I thought it would end with Liz running into Josh and Lucy and her power showing that Lucy "sucks" as a cliffhanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom