• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man takes sledgehammer to Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
donald-trump-star.jpg

Global News -
Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed with a sledgehammer early Wednesday morning, Deadline Hollywood reports.

A man dressed as a city construction worker was behind the attack, which happened around 5:45 a.m. on Hollywood Boulevard.

Trump’s star on the Walk of Fame was awarded to him in 2007, recognizing his work on NBC series The Apprentice.

Story
Deport if old.

I dislike that sentient cheeseball as much as the next person, but actions like this just make his nutcase supporters feel more victimized and vindicated.

NandoGip

He probably could have thought this out better. Could have gotten away with it if he did it middle of the night.

Not cool IMO, there's better way to protest it than just straight-up destroying it.

I much preferred the guy who low-key spray-painted a mute symbol over the star in broad daylight and then walked off. People immediately gathered around it and got what he was saying, without having to actually destroy something. It made a statement without allowing for the perpetrator to painted as someone violent.

I can see it now.

"See?! It's the HILLARY supporters who are the violent nutjubs not us!"

Gotta stay off of reddit on desktop for like a week now.

ghostjoke

Banned
If you're going to do something like this at least do something creative like the mute symbol or the wall. This only feeds Trump.

Eidan

I dislike that sentient cheeseball as much as the next person, but actions like this just make his nutcase supporters feel more victimized and vindicated.
If only Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was left unvandalized. THEN we could've convinced a Trump supporter to not vot for him. Sigh, to think, what ills we could've avoided without this SENSELESS act of property damage. Shame on the vandalizer? No. Shame on us all.

OMG! Someone did as;ldka;slkda;slkda

This is the funniest thing I see this week.

Oh fuck that shit is hilarious. Destroying it however is kind of a dick move. Plus, as others have said, you're gonna get charged. People react to stupid shit in stupid ways.

studyguy

LA resident here, Hollywood Walk of Fame gets vandalized all fucking day. They'll probably replace it eventually.

Haven't seen someone physically destroy a star though, that's a new one.

Someone scratched RAPIST into Cosby's star a few years back iirc. Deep enough they had to resand it
cosby-star.jpg

It's worth noting that the Walk of Fame is maintained by the chamber of commerce iirc. You see city workers out there fixing them all the time.

Fladam

I know this is wrong. I know there are better ways to communicate frustration. I know this action only riles up Trump's base and enhances the view of their own victimization.

That being said. I want Trump to burn. I want his legacy crumbled, his businesses failed, his hotels closed, his family blacklisted, and his name demolished (figuratively, of course).

Was this really worth going to jail over? You know what would be more effective than this? Voting.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. The guy is a total shitbag, but not really worth going to jail over. He'll be ancient history after November 8th.

That being said, the wall idea was great.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Oh fuck that shit is hilarious. Destroying it however is kind of a dick move. Plus, as others have said, you're gonna get charged. People react to stupid shit in stupid ways.
This is a much classier way to do it. It's funny and makes your point without causing any damage.

Smashing it is crossing the line. I mean, sure you hate that guy but this is destruction of public property. People totally unrelated to Trump will have to clean up and fix that shit.

RPGCrazied

Trump brought this on himself to be honest. I don't condone this, but the man pretty much seeks violence. Anyone honestly surprised by this?

Slayven

Funny fact those aren't "awarded" as much as they are brought, and the star has to pay every year to maintain it

Ballistik

I live in a small but very democrat (and hispanic) city in California, and someone had the idea of putting a big Trump sign near the mall. I knew it wouldn't last and yeah.. within the week, it got torn down with only the metal bars that were holding the sign left behind.

3rdman

Trump’s star on the Walk of Fame was awarded to him in 2007, recognizing his work on NBC series The Apprentice.

That's not how that works...Every star is paid for by the artist who deems him/herself worthy of one. Donald had to petition, pay, and likely bribe the city to get that star..."awarded" is not how I would describe it's existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom