• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man takes sledgehammer to Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking anecdotally, a lot of people I know that are voting for Trump are doing so less because of him and more because they dislike Hillary, want a less liberal Supreme Court nominee, vote Republican exclusively, or like his talks of rejuvenating the economy. Take with what what you will, but it's not because they want to see a white America

Well, voting due to a vague hatred of Hillary is petty. Wanting a conservative-leaning Supreme Court is backward and damaging. Voting exclusively Republican means continued votes for regressive politicians who are often at the center of policies that harm the disenfranchised. And believing anything out of Trump's mouth shows a willingness to ignore a lot of your candidate's political and personal disgusting stances and those of the people that stand with him for the sake of justifying your position. So you're right. The people supporting Trump don't just want a white America. Some want an exclusively Christian America. Some want an America with less gays. Some want an America that makes sure women's existences are dictated by men. Some want an America where trans individuals stifle their true selves. Some just in general want an America to return to when it was "great"; a period when being a straight white male was the most beneficial combination in society and all others just had to deal. And some don't care if these versions of America come to pass, as long as they get to be comfortable. So yeah. Just as unconscionable as simply wanting a white America.

Siegcram

Speaking anecdotally, a lot of people I know that are voting for Trump are doing so less because of him and more because they dislike Hillary, want a less liberal Supreme Court nominee, vote Republican exclusively, or like his talks of rejuvenating the economy. Take with what what you will, but it's not because they want to see a white America
You should explain to them that they're voting for an entire candidate, not just the parts they like.

If they don't like to be called supporters of white supremacy, maybe they shouldn't vote for someone endorsed by Breitbart, the KKK and Stormfront.

Well, you should explain to them that they're voting for an entire candidate, not just the parts they like.

If they don't like to be called supporters of white supremacy, maybe they shouldn't vote for someone endorsed by Breitbart, the KKK and Stormfront.

But what if this doesn't affect them personally? Should they still not vote for him? Maybe they just shrug those bits off..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

You really have to wonder what Hillary did so that some people are more disgusted at her than Trump, considering how decent she looks like as a human being compared to him.
Surely they don't give a shit about her emails and are just trying to find whatever stupid excuse they find to hate on her because 30% of the country think of her as "crooked Hillary."
Like.. do they actually say "who cares about Trump's terrible personality, the incoherent bullshit mess coming out of his mouth and his racist & sexist ass and how bad that would be to have all that on a president? Hillary used the wrong email server a few years ago! Think about it!!!"

Boney

Banned
But what if this doesn't affect them personally? Should they still not vote for him? Maybe they just shrug those bits off..
-70dc79c81e48d3f5.jpg

mugwhump

Not cool IMO, there's better way to protest it than just straight-up destroying it.

I much preferred the guy who low-key spray-painted a mute symbol over the star in broad daylight and then walked off. People immediately gathered around it and got what he was saying, without having to actually destroy something. It made a statement without allowing for the perpetrator to painted as someone violent.

Yeah, that was quite good. This on the other hand is the worst kind of protest: one that actually helps the thing you're protesting.

Not

Banned
Was this really worth going to jail over? You know what would be more effective than this? Voting.

Nearly 50% of this country supports white supremacy, and their candidate is threatening to incite violence if he loses. Nonwhite people should feel like fucking things up a little around here.

Eidan

Yeah, that was quite good. This on the other hand is the worst kind of protest: one that actually helps the thing you're protesting.

How does it help Trump exactly? Do you think destroying his star is somehow convincing people to vote for Trump? Do you think the desecration of this most holy monument is going to prevent Trump from having one of the most historic losses in US presidential history? Do you think Trump supporters can somehow be reasoned out of supporting Trump, despite the mountains of evidence that shows it's not the case?

Destroyed and repaired in the same day it seems.

1027-trump-star-fixed-repaired-photos-3.jpg
Of course. I get that his act was one of symbolism and emotional outrage, but it did nothing but grab him the famous 15 minutes. There are better ways to deal with Trump if you oppose his views and presidential run. I'm ignorant, and even I knew this was stupid.

Looks like a Trump rally.
The rainbow colored "get out" sign really sealed it lol

mugwhump

How does it help Trump exactly? Do you think destroying his star is somehow convincing people to vote for Trump? Do you think the desecration of this most holy monument is going to prevent Trump from having one of the most historic losses in US presidential history? Do you think Trump supporters can somehow be reasoned out of supporting Trump, despite the mountains of evidence that shows it's not the case?

I'm not saying it makes a big difference at all, it's a very minor event in the grand scheme of things. But if there's a side it helps, it's his.

At least link the article, which is really good in its own right: http://newsthump.com/2016/10/27/des...-donald-trump-down-to-his-last-six-horcruxes/

That's amazing.

shoplifter

That's messed up. Yeah it looked like she faked it, but no need to kick her while she's down.

Oh and the comments. ☢️☢️☢️

The comments are a disaster. I'm not even going to try to defend some of them.

Honestly I can't blame her for staying down. It was probably the easiest way to defuse the situation. If she's homeless, it wouldn't shock me if she's pretty weak physically.

The fuck are people attacking a homeless woman for

Absolutely disgusting. I'm not surprised that there has been very little said about this on here. This is way worse then the new Trump video.

You can start the thread at any time.

from the vid description

UPDATE: I'm getting many questions about the video, concerns about this lady's health and well being, lots of confusion from people thinking I'm beating someone up, and hateful comments. First of all, let me thank everyone for watching the video. Here are the FACTS:

* If you are truly concerned about this lady, she was fine. After this altercation, we called emergency services (even though people said "let her be" on the video and that "she deserved it for spewing hate"), SHE REFUSED TO BE HELPED, got up, and kept on with her hateful rhetoric, writing a new sign saying: "fuck Mexicans, vote for Trump"

* She was there for at least 3 hours, and most all of the time, it was peaceful, people tried asking her reason for voting for Trump and protecting his star, but it is obvious she wasn't in "all her senses" , and never really had substance on her thoughts and opinions.

*I got many messages saying: "liberal left is repulsive, scumbags. First of all, I'm not political or Left or Right. I WILL NOT VOTE on this elections, as I don't believe on any of the candidates. However, these "scumbags" not only tried to help her, bought her food and drink, and some people were actually going to give her money, which we told them not to, as she could spend somewhere else. So food and cards were bought for her.

* I thought it was clear in the video, but if not, here it goes: I DID NOT BEAT THIS HOMELESS WOMAN DOWN. I am behind the camera filming when all of this happened, I am not the person ripping off her signs, nor do I know who that is. That's not a man, it was a girl, or as far as I could see, if you know what I mean. I understand you might be angry at this, but gear your anger towards the right person. I'm a peaceful person, has always been, and will always be. Once the police arrived, the video was showed and they realized she threw herself on the ground, and did not press charges against that person for ripping her signs up.

* I DO NOT CONDONE violence of any kind, physical or verbal. This lady has all her rights to go out and speak what's on her mind, being hateful or not. But when you do that, you have to understand that others have the right to respond to you as well.

*I, as a citizen, stand by my video and my right to film this. It happened on a public place, and I have the right to video it. It is not my job to apologize, as I did nothing wrong. I will not pull this video down or be afraid of your threats and of you sharing my personal information online, because I have done nothing wrong, my life is an open book, I posted this under MY FULL FIRST AND LAST NAME!!! and because I believe in this country and the rights I have to report on something I saw happening. If YouTube and Google believes there is something wrong with it, they can take appropriate action and delete the video, if it goes against their rules, they are welcome to pull it out.

*Why did I record this? First of all, I DID NOT RECORD TO MAKE FUN OR RIDICULE TRUMP VOTERS, although she is not helping you guys by representing your candidate. I recorded to show the world what happens when a country does not take care of their mentally ill (insane, psycho, high, loony, crazy) people.

*I’ve lived for over one year in downtown LA, and I got to cohabit with people exactly like this lady. Some are born with mental issues, some get there after abusing drugs. The point is, we used to have asylums (psychiatric wards) where they could go get treated. All countries around the world have some similar help. US does not!!! We have private mental hospitals for rich people, but poor are shit out of luck. They commit a crime and end up in jail, or in the mean time, they're out and about, as this woman in this video. The majority of mental ill patients end up falling on drugs as well, and that with their mental state, only complicates things. DO NOT REPLY saying "this is Obama Care fault". This has been going on way before Obama. I'm not going to allow this video to be pulled into the political arena. This is a SOCIETY PROBLEM, not a political one!

UPDATE #2: I can see the right wing has already taken my video out of context and using for their political agenda. As stated above, I refuse to let this video be political, so I will be cancelling the comments section of the video, as people are just spewing hate, and that's not this video's purpose

ALSO: If you all really care about this lady, I'm hoping you do, instead of wasting time spreading hate, go to https://www.gofundme.com/ GoFundMe and create a page for this lady, that's the right thing to do! Put your money where your mouth is and do something after watching the video!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah, I don't recall seeing that huge wall of text the first time, but I don't exactly know if the original wording is as callous as reported.

Yikes I just saw that video of the homeless woman getting beat up by the Trump star. There have definitely been more cases of Trump protesters being abused, harassed, and provoked, but this is definitely an example of a Trump supporter* getting abused for protecting her candidate

*She may have been a Trump supporter, or may have just been someone who heard the news of the Trump star being destroyed and wanted to protect it, for whatever reason. Some homeless have mental illnesses you know.

depths20XX

I've seen multiple posts on facebook about this and I don't really get how she was physically abused or how you could tell from the video. It looks like she just threw herself down on the ground and just layed there.

I dunno but something just stinks about this whole thing.

studyguy

Rolling through LA repping Trump is prob not the best thing to do even if you're in a tourist trap @ Hollywood. Not saying it's an excuse or condoning it but the rallies he held earlier in the year out here in CA were less than civil for protest responses.

Least this election is almost over. Bringing out the worst in people.

The Kree

Banned
The city springs into action every day that star is defaced but won't do shit for this homeless person getting fucked up in the exact same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom