• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man takes sledgehammer to Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
This isn't violence tho

Shame it's already fixed

Ah, ok. So vandalism is perfectly ok as long as it aligns with your moral indignation.

But maybe you are ok with violence as well?

You know, maybe you're perfectly ok with this Trump supporter who got hit in the head and left bloody:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...esters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

Trump's a piece of shit and I'm happy it looks like he's going to lose, and lose badly. But seeing some of you here that are gloating and/or are turning a blind eye is alarming and quite frankly a bit disgusting.

I did like whomever built that tiny wall around the square though. That's creative and not destructive.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This guy is not too bright but if he started a GoFundMe I'd throw him a little bit of money.

Ah, ok. So vandalism is perfectly ok as long as it aligns with your moral indignation.
i mean this guy literally wants to deport a large amount of people solely on the basis of their skin colour and nationality, he actively despises my very existence, so yes this type of vandalism is completely fine
it's a unique fear that you won't know unless you are a minority

You know, maybe you're perfectly ok with this Trump supporter who got hit in the head and left bloody:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...esters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

Trump's a piece of shit and I'm happy it looks like he's going to lose, and lose badly. But seeing some of you here that are gloating and/or are turning a blind eye is alarming and quite frankly a bit disgusting.

I did like whomever built that tiny wall around the square though. That's creative and not destructive.

Someone who revels in bringing out the absolute worst in the country doesn't deserve to be considered a "star". Also, it's cute that you think a square on the ground is tantamount to committing physical assault against a human being.

Certainly some small marker on the floor is more important than actual people being punched or stabbed..and the cunt encourages it. Get over yourself 👼

Anyone know the terms and service details about the "Walk of Fame"? What if some stars wanted theirs removed in protest or something? If literally everyone gangs up they could force some hands.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Certainly some small marker on the floor is more important than actual people being punched or stabbed..and the cunt encourages it. Get over yourself 👼

It's not. Doesn't mean that I should think it's acceptable. It's sinking down to their level and gives them ammunition to justify their fucked up views and actions.

I like how you ignored the link I posted that shows someone swinging what looks to be a bag of rocks at a Trump supporter's head while posting your own examples of violence.

It's not. Doesn't mean that I should think it's acceptable. It's sinking down to their level and gives them ammunition to justify their fucked up views and actions.
you know these people can't be reasoned with right? they live in a realm where science and truth does not exist, it doesn't matter if you give them "ammunition", they'll make up their own if they have to. "sinking down to their level" at least gives them a reason to think twice about spewing their disgusting views

I like how you ignored the link I posted that shows someone swinging what looks to be a bag of rocks at a Trump supporter's head while posting your own examples of violence.

Violence on either side is reprehensible.

One candidate has encouraged violence, one has not.

Any thoughts on that?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Violence on either side is reprehensible.

One candidate has encouraged violence, one has not.

Any thoughts on that?

I already said that I think Trump is a piece of shit and I'm happy that it looks like he's going to lose bad.

I still don't think it's ok to resort to destructive vandalism. I'm perfectly ok with whomever built that tiny wall and placed it around the star though.

you know these people can't be reasoned with right? they live in a realm where science and truth does not exist, it doesn't matter if you give them "ammunition", they'll make up their own if they have to. "sinking down to their level" at least gives them a reason to think twice about spewing their disgusting views
Or it'll make them double down.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Spray-painting Sexual Predator on both Trump's and Cosby's would be a good tactic to get a message out and draw the comparison.

Not saying to go do it or anything...

Opto

Banned
I already said that I think Drumpf is a piece of shit and I'm happy that it looks like he's going to lose bad.

I still don't think it's ok to resort to destructive vandalism. I'm perfectly ok with whomever built that tiny wall and placed it around the star though.

Or it'll make them double down.

If someone's still a trump supporter they've been triple-down ever since he was Birther General. This man is incredibly dangerous to our country, probably a rapist, definitely a racist, potential unapologetic war criminal as well as a greedy bully. So there could be a line of people taking turns fucking up his star and I'd think nothing less of them

wow honestly that's pretty crazy to hear. I would have thought it'd be a worldwide tourist destination & on-point w presentation/cleanliness. huh.

Seriously? The walk of fame stretches fairly far east into shitty imported suit/sex shoppe/tattoo & piercing parlor territory on Hollywood Blvd, and homelessness is a huge local problem so naturally the streets are going to accrue the...effluvia. Hollywood Blvd is dirty as any homeless camp underneath the 10 FWY. When it gets hot you get that fresh-baked smell, too.

kagamin

Did this guy do it?
sledge.png

No, I'm not okay with violence. Why do people keep bringing up violence though? Someone destroyed a stupid star on the sidewalk that probably seriously injured Trump's pride. That's pretty cool. Nobody got hurt except the guy who did it. There also wasn't a remote possibility of somebody getting hurt, unlike that fire bombing.

Might as well ask if I'm willing to excuse the horrible human rights abuses in a country like Qatar because I approve of someone vandalizing a tiny piece of sidewalk. Like shit dude, you're downplaying how horrible violence is by comparing it to this.

Not ignored..not even a little. I just find it funny you feel a need to leap from property damage to a person/s being attacked. In turn, I showed folks, not a sidewalk, being attacked. Was that not obvious enough for you? Seems I need lessons..

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Not ignored..not even a little. I just find it funny you feel a need to leap from property damage to a person/s being attacked. In turn, I showed folks, not a sidewalk, being attacked. Was that not obvious enough for you? Seems I need lessons..

You turn a blind eye to this. This act was perfectly ok to you. Wonder what you'll turn a blind eye to next as long as it aligns with your feelings. Are you ok with people ripping a Trump hat off of someone's head and burning it? Where's your line?

I don't like this because it can easily be escalated. Maybe not by you, but someone who sees that you're perfectly ok with vandalism may push it a bit further to see if you're ok with that. It's a spiral. Hate begets hate and violence begets violence. Accepting it in any form is dangerous imo.

You turn a blind eye to this. Perfectly ok to you. Wonder what you'll turn a blind eye to next as long as it aligns with your feelings. Are you ok with people ripping a Trump hat off of someone's head and burning it? Where's your line?

I don't like this because it can easily be escalated. Maybe not by you, but someone who sees that you're perfectly ok with vandalism may push it a bit further to see if you're ok with that. It's a spiral. Hate begets hate and violence begets violence. Accepting it in any form is dangerous imo.
Dude, what's with these comparisons? You're off your rocker. I'm imagining you giving a passionate speech about why violence is never okay to a middle schooler who draws on a desk.

I ain't even November yet, there's not ice enough outside for that slippery a slope.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Dude, what's with these comparisons? You're off your rocker. I'm imagining you giving a passionate speech about why violence is never okay to a middle schooler who draws on a desk.

I ain't even November yet, there's not ice enough outside for that slippery a slope.

The thing is that you think that this is comparable to a middle schooler drawing on a desk whereas I think it's comparable to someone going to a rival school and defacing a statue of their school mascot and the back and forth that ensues if we're going to go by your analogy.

Do you want me to post links where something as insignificant as school rivalries ultimately descend into violence?

Opto

Banned
You turn a blind eye to this. This act was perfectly ok to you. Wonder what you'll turn a blind eye to next as long as it aligns with your feelings. Are you ok with people ripping a Drumpf hat off of someone's head and burning it? Where's your line?

Every action is open for escalation? Christ. I guess I better not vote against trump, someone might see that and think it's ok to rape a republican

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Every action is open for escalation? Christ. I guess I better not vote against trump, someone might see that and think it's ok to rape a republican

Yes, every action is open for escalation. Just as you now escalated our back and forth into talk about rape.

You turn a blind eye to this. This act was perfectly ok to you.

And you know me or my thoughts how, sir? Can you quote me saying that what was linked was okay? Or will you find me laughing at the comparison to some shitty star? You tell me who I am to you, boss. It's your world..

The thing is that you think that this is comparable to a middle schooler drawing on a desk whereas I think it's comparable to someone going to a rival school and defacing a statue of their school mascot and the back and forth that ensues if we're going to go by your analogy.

Do you want me to post links where something as insignificant as school rivalries ultimately descend into violence?
That's still a super poor slippery slope argument pal. I could say your post right now is just as bad because your atrocious comparisons may make people so mad that they could spray paint a building, which in turn could lead to someone being killed. Things spiral out of control, man. You know? It's nice to know you're okay with that.

We don't even know if the person was a liberal or a conservative.

You turn a blind eye to this. This act was perfectly ok to you. Wonder what you'll turn a blind eye to next as long as it aligns with your feelings. Are you ok with people ripping a Trump hat off of someone's head and burning it? Where's your line?

Slipping on that slope mayne!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So...you should blame yourself for the conversation going in that direction?

You're the one that decided to go that direction. Are you blaming me now?

That kind of language can lead to horrible violence once it spirals out of control. It's nice to see that you're okay with that. Have you even seen this video that you think is perfectly okay?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CgWHbpMVQ1U

Jesus.

Hey, go nuts. I think that it's bit by bit we're getting more accepting of things we shouldn't be. You're in no way going to convince me that destructive vandalism is ok. I already said that whomever built that tiny wall and placed it around the square is awesome.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So you're saying it's ridiculous to blame the original party when someone completely overracts to something they said or did 🤔🤔🤔

Yes it is ridiculous. History has overwhelmingly shown that people will do that anyways though.

The Kree

Banned
Yes it is ridiculous. History has overwhelmingly shown that people will do that anyways though.

History also shows the world has never been less violent than it currently is. Your fear that the destruction of this meaningless artifact will lead to some hypothetical escalation of uncontrollable violence is absurd. Let it go. You sound silly. The cops are on it. The threat of lawful prosecution is enough of a deterrent for most people.

Opto

Banned
Constructive. Go on...

Nuh uh. You can't arbitrate what's constructive and what isn't when your critique of this action, and the people who support/don't mind it, is that it will lead to an escalation of violence, and THEN you fail to see the point I was making.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I dunno. MLK seems to be fairly highly regarded.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.

Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I see destructive vandalism as violence. Multiple times in this thread I've said that the little wall that was placed down around the Trump star was wonderful. I will not support nor encourage destructive vandalism, but I will support that.

Edit: I also take umbrage at those of you that think I assume that the escalation will occur overnight. I don't think that today you're going to be ok with a star on a sidewalk being vandalized and then tomorrow you'll be ok with shooting someone on the street because they support Trump. I think it's a trickle that will be seen over years and decades. Generation to generation. Be reasonable here now.

Ms.Galaxy

I dunno. MLK seems to be fairly highly regarded.

You mean whitewashed hippie MLK. Trust me, the real man was not highly regarded during the time by the majority of people and he definitely was not all sunshine and rainbows. If we actually looked at everything he did for the civil rights era, including being neutral with riots, well you wouldn't be saying that would you.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
You mean whitewashed hippie MLK. Trust me, the real man was not highly regarded during the time by the majority of people and he definitely was not all sunshine and rainbows. If we actually looked at everything he did for the civil rights era, including being neutral with riots, well you wouldn't be saying that would you.

Ok, I'm done. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom