• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I seriously can't stop thinking about poor Chihiro. The previous chapter have her sweetly saying she wants to be with him forever with all her heart and now she is in tears.

Man,this is better than most shoujou mangas that I ever read and TWGOK isn't even shoujou.

No. 6 chp 6
tumblr_luoollye9g1qe1z0go1_500.jpg

Interesting chapter. I liked the dialogue at dog keepers. I should rewatch the anime to see if the manga is still following it, but something tells me it feels different then it did. Hopefully this continues longer than the 11 episode series did. I like the characters interacting, and Nezumi's development is interesting.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Defuser said:
I seriously can't stop thinking about poor Chihiro. The previous chapter have her sweetly saying she wants to be with him forever with all her heart and now she is in tears.
Adoration is the furthest thing from understanding.

Aizen knew.

Big One

Banned
Hunter x Hunter B

This shit is getting intense, really liking the direction of the series right now. Hopefully this is just a mini-arc and won't escalate similar to Chimera Ants did.

Naruto C

Actually alright chapter, but it's too bad Kishimoto isn't a very consistent writer. Yet again Raikage does awesome and GAR shit, but instead of piledriving Madara like he would normally do to Uchiha prettyboy bitches he just punched him instead. Still cool, but not in-character for Raikage.

Seeing the Kage together is a highlight of this terrible arc, but it probably won't last very long unfortunately.

Bleach C

SWcTc.jpg

You know, form a different angle, the same behind the back scene looks surprisingly fresh. THIS is how you mix it up Kubo.

So Tsukishima and Byakuya are gay for each other now? Huh

The chapter was a solid fight and it ended sooner than I thought it did. At least I hope it's the end cause it's a perfect end for their fight imo.

Akainu

Dedication Through Light said:
No. 6 chp 6
tumblr_luoollye9g1qe1z0go1_500.jpg
Those two look too much like Allen Walker and Kanda.

TWGoK

That was a bit too brutal. I hope someone memory wipes her so she doesn't have to feel so bad or, that this is all part of the keikaku. :(

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Big One said:
Bleach C
The chapter was a solid fight and it ended sooner than I thought it did. At least I hope it's the end cause it's a perfect end for their fight imo.
Facebook can probably just stab himself and erase all damage or something.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Apparently this weeks One Piece is just gigantic spreads of the crews's finishing moves :lol

tri_willy

月島死亡。
Tsukishima is dead.
一角、れんじ、ヒツガヤ、ユキオのゲーム部屋から出てくる。
Ikkaku, Renji, Hitsugaya, and Yukio emerge from their rooms.
ビャクヤ、ルキアもって出てくる。
Byakuya and Rukia emerge as well.
ルキアの周りに敵の死体、霊圧がないと
There's no sign of Riruka's body or reiatsu, so
ユキオに問う。
Rukia questions Yukio.
ユキオ、あまり詳しくリルカの能力は知らないけど… でちょっと説明
Yukia isn't too knowledgeable about Riruka's powers, but he gives some explanation.
ひつがや、ユキオに、イチゴの部屋も開けろというが
Hitsugaya asks Yukio to open Ichigo's room.
ユキオ あれは無理。
Yukio says that's impossible,
でちょっと説明
and explains.
イチゴと、銀城はラーメン早食い対決してて
まだ決着はついてない
[TN: This is just Ohana joking about Ichigo and Ginjou having a ramen eating contest.]
次週!!
Until next week.

あっけなく月島死んだ
Tsukishima died too quickly.
白夜が、ルキア担いで部屋から出てきた。
Byakuya carries Rukia out on his shoulder.
でも、敵(リルカ)の霊圧も死体もないことを疑問に思って
ユキオにあれこれ聞く。
They wonder about Riruka since there's no sign of either her body or reiatsu
and ask Yukio about it.
イチゴと銀城は闘ってるけど、決着つかず。ってことで。
Ichigo and Ginjou are battling, but the winner hasn't been decided yet.

ラーメン早食いは気にしないで。
They don't care about speed eating.

Aizen 3... nooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kreed said:
One Piece 646 Spoilers:

I'll be surprised if Nami and Robin even perform attacks.

According to spoilers Nami and Robin finishing moves aren't included. BOYS CLUB REPRESENT (including Jimbei)

neoanarch said:
HxH spoilers.

Leorio and possibly Kurapica
fans will be happy.
Great. I am watching the anime and i was hoping that they show up soon.
Freshmaker said:
Adoration is the furthest thing from understanding.

Aizen knew.
I love this quote from Aizen. I can´t wait for his smirk to come back,
after the Isshin arc of course.

PK Gaming

Wiseblade said:
Well there's no evil fishwoman for her to fight, so she has to deal with the mooks.

This is pretty much my biggest beef with OP as of now. Robin is a fucking badass with awesome powers too! Why does she have to get sidelined... In fact, if honestly lacks a super move and usopp or chopper get one i'm going to be really salty.

(couldn't care less about nami though)

survivor said:
Bleach

Meh first half, okay later half.

Now Aizen 2 will finally explain all the BS he hinted at earlier this arc.

Agreed. Also aww at the "your an enemy of Kurosaki" blurb. Anyone else amused that the fullbringer squad was either blown up or effectively neutralized with the quickness?

gunbo13

ZoddGutts said:
TLR Darkness will blow your mind then.
Yep. There is no situation where fan-service can not be utilized in TLR. Nana can summon a tentacle monster if she is there and Momo can do the same with weird plants. Lala can just have Peke run out of energy. And characters seemingly still don't learn to not touch Lala's inventions. Celine with her pollen, Oshizu with her telepathy or whatever, Mea with her dream diving. It's endless.
A Black Falcon said:
Maybe that's a sexual reference, but it's really borderline. Certainly I'm sure they do do that at some point between that and when the series picks up the next chapter, three years later at their wedding, or after that for sure, but up to the end of the series? I don't really think so... maybe it's suggesting "then they did later", but right then? I think not. You're over-interpreting the scene.
Well, it's not like I spent 10 days not being able to sleep at night analyzing it. And I've been writing the setup wrong. It is a cut to Naru's room implying they are in Keitaro's room. I'm not sure why I was reversing it. I initially read it as that speech from coming below the floor and it was implied that there was closure to their little quest. I didn't second guess. Plus, all them hearts... But maybe they were still talking at Tokyo U and they just showed her room as an homage to the beginning. IDK but I like my interpretation better...like way better.
A Black Falcon said:
It's just nice to actually have something to post about in this thread for once...
Just duck the thread when the WSJ wave hits. That's what I do. Then things settle back and we talk about other manga. I usually switch to anime during.

Speaking of...
F0N6l.jpg

Get it?

scy

gunbo13 said:
Yep. There is no situation where fan-service can not be utilized in TLR. Nana can summon a tentacle monster if she is there and Momo can do the same with weird plants. Lala can just have Peke run out of energy. And characters seemingly still don't learn to not touch Lala's inventions. Celine with her pollen, Oshizu with her telepathy or whatever, Mea with her dream diving. It's endless.

I'll say this though, TLR is pretty consistent in always having a fanservice mechanism on-hand.

Just duck the thread when the WSJ wave hits. That's what I do. Then things settle back and we talk about other manga. I usually switch to anime during.

Speaking of...

I've watched nothing since Skyrim released; manga reading I always manage to squeeze in though. Priorities!

Bleach 473

With everyone making the post fighting dialogue quite fun with their fighting and words, I found the chapter quite interesting. Yukio, captured, as well too, something about him and Hitsugaya.

Im glad the casualties have been minimized with the least favorite fullbringers eliminated while the more interesting ones still alive (Shishigawara and Yukio).

Fighting was as hot and hotter than ever and will be great animated, having a voice to put to Ginjou and knowing that style of green for his fullbring ability in the anime, will make it interesting to see months from now.

I hope Ginjous story relates to untouched Soul Society lore something along which Aizen alluded to.

Azure J

OK, so I've been neglecting TWGOK for a bit longer than I should have. I just caught up on the last 4 or so chapters and got to the most recent one and HOLY FUCK.

That shit is just a straight up violation. :lol

Deadly

Bleach
Oh god not some "omg why should i fight" bullshit please. While I'm glad Ginjou is going to shed some light on Soul Society/Ichigo's dad I hope Ichigo doesn't spend more than 1 chapter dwelling on it. THESE GUYS JUST SAVED YOUR ASS.

Yawnz... bleach...

Seriously, byakuya 2 died from flower punch? Sword lacerations are seriously overrated in this series...

Guess on next chapter." Blah blah blah, some higher up dude in soul society is a dick, blah blah".

And within the next 2-3 chapters, ichigo will bankai, after saying something cheesy.

gunbo13

scy said:
I'll say this though, TLR is pretty consistent in always having a fanservice mechanism on-hand.
I bet the author thinks of the fan-service setup first and then writes around it. Like, seriously.
scy said:
I've watched nothing since Skyrim released; manga reading I always manage to squeeze in though. Priorities!
Oh, I still squeeze it in. I just shift my manga discussion time to watching a few anime episodes. Either that or I'm in the lab with DMC3SE.

Forever

Banned
brotkasten said:
How do you think I feel right now, Wiseblade?

Huh?

And I didn't even read the chapter. Your comments here are enough.
Read it!

In fact, record your reaction while you're reading it, then post it.

Beam said:
Bleach

I have a strange feeling that Ginjou sentence will end like this:

You should be fighting Isshin, thus starting the Isshin arc.

He would fight his father, whom protected him and helped train him? I dont think him fighting any of his comrades would make much sense.

Dedication Through Light said:
He would fight his father, whom protected him and helped train him? I dont think him fighting any of his comrades would make much sense.
It was implied at the beginning of this arc. That´s why Ichigo doubted Urahara, and Isshin. Ginjou has already made comment about how mysterious Isshin and Urahara are. Ichigo won´t fight Isshin but there will be explanation about who Isshin is and how he knows Urahara and Ryuuken.

Bleach
Defuser said:
Why does Ichigo bothered with Ginjou? Just go Vizard and get over with.
Ichigo does not have his hollow powers
yet
. Maybe he regained his hollow powers when he became a shinigami again, but we don´t know that yet. Besides Ginjou is playing with Ichigo since he is still in his human form. Ginjou is a sub shinigami and he has shikai and probably bankai.

harSon

Banned
Ishiin is probably not Ichigo's real father, and is only taking care of him out of remorse for something he did or allowed to happen to Ichigo's real family.

harSon said:
Ishiin is probably not Ichigo's real father, and is only taking care of him out of remorse for something he did or allowed to happen to Ichigo's real family.
Interesting but Karin also has spiritual powers, and Ichigo has/had high riatsu because of his father´s captain class riatsu.

survivor

Banned
Deadly said:
Bleach
Oh god not some "omg why should i fight" bullshit please. While I'm glad Ginjou is going to shed some light on Soul Society/Ichigo's dad I hope Ichigo doesn't spend more than 1 chapter dwelling on it. THESE GUYS JUST SAVED YOUR ASS.
I don't see why Ichigo needs to know why he fights. His reasons for fighting are pretty simple. You kidnap his friends, he will beat your ass to bring them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom