• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

I loved "Love in Hell", anything else like it?
Love In Hell (ch 1-5)

-Would you cop a feel off a devil chick who just literally skinned you alive for coping a feel?

Like boobs and guro? Well, I have a present for you and it is called this one. Rintaro dies and goes to hell yet doesn't really know why. However, this is the top level of hell where you work off your sins through pain. You also get money to live in the hell city by experiencing torture/pain. You can probably see a theme here. So Rinto gets this middle school looking devil named Koyori assigned to him. But don't be fooled cause she doesn't recoil from violence.

This manga is not for the squeamish. There is some graphic stuff with nudity and they are not mutually exclusive. I however find the stuff pretty funny and Koyori is cute. There is no "love" yet but it's not like it is puzzling where that will come from.

Ch's in 3 (gore, nudity, hell)
Yes

Blue Exorcist 31

pretty meh chapter. The overheating strategy was pretty cool but outside of that, it just one big meh. Shit happening to people I don't care about, too many Japanese words being thrown around left and right, and the fire shit in every panel is annoying.

I wish what they say in the other language had a bit of a translation. I thought it was a anticlimactic way to defeat the guy. I wish the pace was a bit faster, at this rate there will be no material to do a second anime season...

upandaway

TLR 112 / SK 73-74

Y'know I'm getting used to this daily thing. It's really neat. I just realized that I thought to myself "today's TLR was pretty fun".

After TLR and Shaman King are done I'm totally doing two more (one episodic with 1 ch/d and one normal with 2ch/d). Depends if Wise wants to do it or anyone else wanna join in (made a quick list here but someone suggest something)

Also:

5wHWj.png

that's some satisfying butt-in right there jeez
phew gotta calm down

survivor

Banned
I wish what they say in the other language had a bit of a translation. I thought it was a anticlimactic way to defeat the guy. I wish the pace was a bit faster, at this rate there will be no material to do a second anime season...

Can they even do a second season that follows the manga? I thought the anime ending was too different?

Dresden

Can they even do a second season that follows the manga? I thought the anime ending was too different?

Yeah, it was like a total world-ender (and better than the manga, at least in my opinion).

On the other hand they left a ton of room to move forward at the end for a sequel. Blue Exorcist is really popular, so I can see them just rebooting it, at the very least.

Dresden

Wanna spoiler it for me? I'm curious now

Basically this Italian cardinal guy who's the grandfather of the brothers arrives, takes power as the pope, and then starts an extermination campaign of all demons. Gathers their 'energy,' and then tricks the older brother into doing stuff, and blah blah blah basically he opens up a gateway to Hell/Gehanna so they can destroy Satan for good. Naturally this backfires horribly and the bros have to own Satan and shove him back in. Lots of explosions.

Now that I think about it they can probably just say OH YEAH THAT HAPPENED and then just move on from where they diverged from the manga, lol.

survivor

Banned
Basically this Italian cardinal guy who's the grandfather of the brothers arrives, takes power as the pope, and then starts an extermination campaign of all demons. Gathers their 'energy,' and then tricks the older brother into doing stuff, and blah blah blah basically he opens up a gateway to Hell/Gehanna so they can destroy Satan for good. Naturally this backfires horribly and the bros have to own Satan and shove him back in. Lots of explosions.

Now that I think about it they can probably just say OH YEAH THAT HAPPENED and then just move on from where they diverged from the manga, lol.

This sounds way more interesting than what's been happening in the manga so far

upandaway

Haha yeah that sounds like the sorta thing that could be spun into filler if they want to. Sounds pretty weird but I'll take your word for it, since I really liked the atmosphere of the canon part of the anime. And it does sound bigger than what the manga's doing

survivor

Banned
REAL vol 10

God damn it, this ends right before the Tokyo Lightnings tryouts. And I just checked the scanlator website and he said this

"REAL - I just purchased volume 11 yesterday, literally. It's being shipped my way and will be here in ~10 days or so. Second problem is, I don't have a translator for it now that Molokidan's retired from scanlations. So... Translators, hi!"

FUCK

This gonna be a long wait until volume 11.

REAL vol 10

God damn it, this ends right before the Tokyo Lightnings tryouts. And I just checked the scanlator website and he said this

"REAL - I just purchased volume 11 yesterday, literally. It's being shipped my way and will be here in ~10 days or so. Second problem is, I don't have a translator for it now that Molokidan's retired from scanlations. So... Translators, hi!"

FUCK

fuckedy fuck.

I tried reading Examurai, I think I made it to chapter 3 or so. It had decent art, which is a rarity in manga but the story was just far too predictable which made it too boring to read.

I found it on another forum. Yeah it is old. WB is publishing the movie btw.
looks like a bunch of cosplayers to me. I doubt that's an actual poster or whatever, cast is too asian for WB to distribute the movie.

editl oh it's from a musical.

REAL vol 10

FUCK

Its stuff like this why i try to not read a "new" series that is currently ongoing (though i sometimes can't help it) :(

survivor

Banned
Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa vol 1

Truly the forever alone manga. A 40 years old construction worker loser is trying to the win the happiness of his friends by doing stupid shit like buying them beer or putting food in their lunch boxes. I'm still waiting for the shit hits fan moment as this is a Fukumoto manga.

And that thing sleeping on the left side isn't a real person. So sad
dhS7H.jpg

Its stuff like this why i try to not read a "new" series that is currently ongoing (though i sometimes can't help it) :(
I slowed down my marathon on purpose hoping volume 11 will be out by the time I catch up, but it was still useless.

Lirlond

Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa vol 1

Truly the forever alone manga. A 40 years old construction worker loser is trying to the win the happiness of his friends by doing stupid shit like buying them beer or putting food in their lunch boxes. I'm still waiting for the shit hits fan moment as this is a Fukumoto manga.

And that thing sleeping on the left side isn't a real person. So sad
dhS7H.jpg

I slowed down my marathon on purpose hoping volume 11 will be out by the time I catch up, but it was still useless.

Kurosawa is my favorite Fukumoto manga. Hands down. I don't care what anyone else says, this is his best work. Read it all. Do it quickly!!

survivor

Banned
Kurosawa is my favorite Fukumoto manga. Hands down. I don't care what anyone else says, this is his best work. Read it all. Do it quickly!!

I just read the second volume and it's definitely great. Kurosawa is one funny man and his personal insights are amazing. I just love how he thought his abduction was just a girl having a crush on him

Never change, Kurosawa
LT7Sn.jpg

So who wants some Naruto spoilers!!!

1- Naruto has become the Jinjuriki of both the Kyubi and Four.
2- Naruto is out in the real world
3- Itachi and Sasuke seems to have another brother/sibling
4- Tobi wants to rule the world
5- Both Itachi and Sasuke were just pieces in Tobi/Madara's plan.
6- Kakashi knows more about this than he seems to show

lol.gif

God I hope these are real just so I can laugh some more.

Averon

lol.gif

This sounds crazy enough to be real. Lord knows Naruto been in fan-fic territory for a while now.

Big One

Banned

lol.gif

Where you hear this?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

lol.gif

Lies.

Kusagari

lol.gif

Way too much happening to be real.

El Sloth

Banned
Cage of Eden: 100-127

Nice having so many chapters to read over the week. Added a whole bunch just today(yesterday?) too! I figured that the big secret would turn out be
genetic engineering
from the beginning, but I'm interested in finding out how the scientists originally got there, how they died, and wha'ts the deal with the real Mina.
Although I'm guessing she's a clone of the original who died a while and has retained the originals memories or something. That or time travel shenanigans.

New bad dude is a dick. Can't wait to see Sengoku and Yarai push his shit in.

Why cant they get a black guy to play the ONE black guy in Manga right now? -_-
Because it's Japan. I'm sure Chad will get the same treatment.

I think I know the reason anime live action movies always look terrible. It's because everyone is japanese. It just looks too ridiculous. You have the anime/manga with characters that look like they're over varying races yet in the live action their all the same race and it just looks awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom