• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

An arrancar come to Ichigo´s house. I wonder if he is there to tell Ichigo about how the quincies are destroying the hollows. I really liked the bickering between Ichigo and Ishida. It felt very natural. Nice to know what happened to the rest of the Vizards. I knew Hiyori won´t go back to being a shinigami.

Sasuke

Nice to see Hawk again. Not nice to see Emosuke again.

Bleach

Good chapter. Curious to see what business the Arrancar has.
I really hope Ichigo friends wont be fodder this arc.

One Piece

Awesome chapter. Lol at the strawhats playing with the samurai face. This really looks like Law ability. The end was good, so unpredictable.
I think this is the island that Aokiji and Akainu fought.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
haha is Oda really sticking his tongue out at Fairy Tail with that Luffy line.

Shame to be back in the gutter with super-rushed scanlations though :(

Desmond

Naruto

This manga rarely does wrong in my book, but that chapter was drivel.

Bleach

Did the Other Visoreds not return to the Soul Society? I assume that Arrancar fellow is a messenger from Nell/ Halibel even. I think the smirk is just a joke Kubo is using as a cliffhanger, he's probably a good character

edit: Holy Shit, did Hiyori find a tear between the two worlds?

Kyuur

Bleach

Man, that spread with all of them standing in fighting position. I would kill to have a Bleach where all of them have relevancy and not just Ichigo. If Kubo can manage to pull that off this arc he might be able to turn Bleach back into my favor. Doubt it though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: (wt)F

...Not even the Sauce can save Kishimoto's shit writing at this point. My god. What the fuck. Who cares about Suigetsu and Juugo by now? Karin? Who the fuck is Karin?

I will chalk some of it up to the bad translations, BUT I am fluent enough in English (hell, it's the only fucking language I speak) to compensate as I read. And it was still awful.

As for the chapter...Sasuke looks crazy, but what I'm trying to figure out is why Sasuke suddenly gives ANY fucks about what's happening in the war or what's happening with Naruto. With the way Sasuke was acting prior to this (when he fought Danzo)...I was sure that he would have his sights set directly on the Konoha elders and nothing else. At least, that would be consistent. Sasuke suddenly having flashbacks about Naruto in particular and worrying about Naruto's idea of "strength" is more out of character than anything else. SMH.

Oh, and Zetsu, the LAST remaining Akatsuki shrouded in some sense of mystery, is nothing more than fucking fodder. No surprise there.

Bleach: B

Oh? This chapter's translations weren't as bad as the Naruto ones...though still not top quality of course.

Anyways, I wonder if these Shinigami will be fodder (hint: they will) or end up getting stronger at some point. Why were Hiyori and Lisa not in Soul Society? What did Hiyori see? Who the fuck is disappearing from Rukongai and why? Ikkaku and that other feather dude sighting!

More of a humor chapter than serious...I kind of chuckled a couple times at the interactions between the Fodder-Nakama, as that hasn't happened in a while. The shot of them all fighting hollows was really badass. So, of course we have an apparent enemy (or friend?) appear at the end here. Is this an arrancar or a Quincy? This was a good chapter... transitioning into either some action or plot.

Oh, I didn't see Orihime's bringer-light there. I get the sense that after the FB arc Kubo is going to try to FINALLY have the nakama be a bit more important as he did with the SS arc. It would make sense since it's the final arc. I think it'll happen. At LEAST we know that Ishida will be doing big things if no one else.

One Piece: B

This was a pretty good chapter. Not so much in terms of plot...but there was nice humor from Oda.

Well, I suppose Punk Hazard is where Aokiji and Akainu fought. Pretty damn cool how this is playing out. Does that mean the backside of the sea is frozen as well?

I wonder if that was just a random thing or if this guy is still gonna be pursued as a Nakama buy Luffy. I can't say I wouldn't have preferred the other Nakama to be on the island as well...what happened here didn't interest me as much as what happened with Luffy & company last chapter. Still, pretty interesting and I want to know what's up with Brooke.

Bleach

Did the Other Visoreds not return to the Soul Society? I assume that Arrancar fellow is a messenger from Nell/ Halibel even. I think the smirk is just a joke Kubo is using as a cliffhanger, he's probably a good character

edit: Holy Shit, did Hiyori find a tear between the two worlds?
Actually, i think that Grimmjow have sent him. And yes it was a garganta that Hiyori saw. That´s where i think Ivan came in.
Bleach: B

Oh? This chapter's translations weren't as bad as the Naruto ones...though still not top quality of course.

Anyways, I wonder if these Shinigami will be fodder (hint: they will) or end up getting stronger at some point. Why were Hiyori and Lisa not in Soul Society? What did Hiyori see? Who the fuck is disappearing from Rukongai and why? Ikkaku and that other feather dude sighting!

More of a humor chapter than serious...I kind of chuckled a couple times at the interactions between the Fodder-Nakama, as that hasn't happened in a while. The shot of them all fighting hollows was really badass. So, of course we have an apparent enemy (or friend?) appear at the end here. Is this an arrancar or a Quincy? This was a good chapter... transitioning into either some action or plot.

Oh, I didn't see Orihime's bringer-light there. I get the sense that after the FB arc Kubo is going to try to FINALLY have the nakama be a bit more important as he did with the SS arc. It would make sense since it's the final arc. I think it'll happen. At LEAST we know that Ishida will be doing big things if no one else.

Well you know, it´s quite ironic. At the beginning of Bleach it was shinigami Rukia who taught Ichigo how to be a shinigami. Now he will teach those 2 new comers. Ivan is an arrancar. You can see his broken mask.

one piece

I actually liked this chapter. I laughed at the samurai´s breast comment. I thought us men think with our other head when it comes to breasts :p
But one thing is bothering me. How the hell a cyborg can be knocked out by a sleeping gas?

PK Gaming

Posting this earlier than schedule because I have an exam.

Naruto

This chapter was... odd. Disregarding the shitty translation, I can't help but feel disappointed. These past few Naruto chapters is like masturbation that lasts for an hour, and having the orgasm last for less than 10 seconds... Seriously nothing important happened. Kishi had the gall to focus on Taka; characters we give 0 shits about and expand on them. Uhhhhh too late?!? Like I give a flying fuck, I hope they get wrecked by Sasuke during the war but it looks they'll magically transported to him soon and only act as allies. "That" scroll will be an asspull, I know it. Hopefully its a cool one!!! The meat of the chapter wasn't that great; Zetsu fans are in a shock because Sasuke supposedly killed the original... (Though I somehow doubt this is relevant since Black Zetsu is still on the loose) and Sasuke has little gone batshit. I joke about him going nuts, but his dialogue is unsettling. His new techniques were good I guess but the chapter would have had a much bigger impact if if tested them out on fodder. I'm not a fan of Sasuke meeting up with Itachi at all, if Kishimoto does this I will facepalm irl. In the end, the chapter was so-so and i'd reach Aizen level of trolling if I defended it...

Bleach

Shitty new characters and an unclear premise. This new Bleach chapter should have sucked right...? To be damn honest I actually enjoyed it. We get to see Hyori (boo) and Lisa (Yay, she's always been my favorite vizored due to how fucking random she is. That sailor outfit is sexy too anyway-) before the story shifts back to Ichigo in his room with Meek guy. Meek guy's been unconscious for 2 days (what a fucking loser, even Hot tempered girl was up before him and she actually got seriously hurt) the interaction between Ichigo and his friends was something I really appreciated, and the few fight panels were well made. Ichigo standing tall with his friends instead of being batman? Fuck yes. This new arrancar reject has some potential, hopefully Kubo keeps it up next week.

One Piece

This One Piece Chapter was fucking awesome as usual. The shenanigans with Luffy and the torso made me laugh out loud. It can stick on your side? Go figure. Apparently they ate the dragon, and Luffy claims thats made him stronger.

DTL: ?!? COULD ODA BE REFERENCING FAIRY TAIL? NO WAI IT MAKEZ SENSE CUZ NATSU IS A DRAGON WHO GETS STRONGER BY EATING AND HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER OF FAIRY TAIl.

The interaction between these 4 crewmates is as strong as ever. Luffy and Usopp play off each other well(like brothers), and Robin as the scolding mother-like figure is also humorous. Zoro will not stand for side quest bullshit and immediately heads for the main quest marker. He's no fun :| On the other side of things we have team B, and they've apparently woken up. Glad to see squeezing in a ton of content within 10 pages or so, because I would have been mad if he focused an entire chapter on prison breaking with the other 4 crewmates. We finally see the upper half of the Samurai's body and its looking like Law did this to him. Though I don't think his powers let the lower half of a body talk. Franky 's hairstyle is fucking stupid, but at least his new Kizaru esque beam cannon makes up for it. He got a major offensive boost...! Sanji is taking initiative as usual, and i'm glad he picked up that Samurai head. All in all, an awesome content packed chapter, Oda delivers again.

PS: Lol no Brook. He'll probably get some screentime later.

Gazzawa

Bleach

Man, that spread with all of them standing in fighting position. I would kill to have a Bleach where all of them have relevancy and not just Ichigo. If Kubo can manage to pull that off this arc he might be able to turn Bleach back into my favor. Doubt it though.

Kubo tite has limited writing ability. We are 2 chapters in to this arc and we've already seem him reuse old techniques he has absolutely butchered to death. Techniques like a character showing up just in the nick of time(many use it but not to this degree). Or in this chapter for instance "i don't know you are but you better get off that bed" is the same as "I don't know who you are but this is an eel shop" OMG so badass and funny at the same time lol jk Bleach is dead.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Kubo tite has limited writing ability. We are 2 chapters in to this arc and we've already seem him reuse old techniques he has absolutely butchered to death. Techniques like a character showing up just in the nick of time(many use it but not to this degree). Or in this chapter for instance "i don't know you are but you better get off that bed" is the same as "I don't know who you are but this is an eel shop" OMG so badass and funny at the same time lol jk Bleach is dead.
Wtf? This post is awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
naruto

god damn sasuke is not interesting at all. least interesting "villain" the manga has had. every time naruto focuses on him it jumps the shark.

Guesong

Naruto

E

Well...for those who were wondering what powerup Sasuke could possibly get to rival Naruto now, there's your answer. Behold, the mysterious MacGuffin scroll that Orochimaru left behind.

At least Sasuke and Itachi will meet now. Hopefully. It should be enough to stop Sasuke but it probably won't.

Bleach

C

Random banter, all chapter long!

Happy to see an Arrancar again though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bleach
Just going round in circles. Its interesting that Kubo has just skipped to things being "just like the old days". Definitely seems like he was told abruptly to end this but of course needed to introduce several new characters because he has some sort of syndrome/merchandise sales forcing him to foist in.

Naruto
terrible chapter. Kishi has just given up trying to make Sasuke a fleshed out character with motivations. He's clearly just clinically insane now and just needs to be put down. The scroll will control all the zombies or whatever I think.

Deadly

Naruto

E

Well...for those who were wondering what powerup Sasuke could possibly get to rival Naruto now, there's your answer. Behold, the mysterious MacGuffin scroll that Orochimaru left behind.

At least Sasuke and Itachi will meet now. Hopefully. It should be enough to stop Sasuke but it probably won't.
Yep... He's probably just going to go "whatever they ruined us blablbla". He's just a fucking spoiled brat at this point. If Itachi vanishes after his encounter with Sasuke it's going to suuck. I was hoping he'd fight someone.

What I hope kinda happens is he encounters the konoha squads and ends up killing at least SOMEONE amongst them and Naruto goes batshit against him. Oh what am I thinking...Too good to be true.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
After months of reading...I dont even know what you all expect in naruto chapters anymore. People excited at Sasuke last week and now disappointed.
For Kishimoto to cease making his female characters look like idiots.

for there to be some consistency in the character Kishimoto devoted half of the second half of his manga to. Consistency is the only thing Kishimoto has written into Sasuke's character.

For Kishimoto to understand that we don't want time wasted on characters we no longer care about.

Wiseblade

One Piece

All round entertaining. IIRC law used his sword to trigger his DF shenanigans, so it's looking increasingly likely that he's behind this all. Although that doesn't explain why those legs can talk...

survivor

Banned
Naruto

Oh hey, look a scroll out of nowhere. And it's also useful. Fuck this shit

Also Kishi has lost the ability to draw people's faces. Last week it was the awful Sasuke face and now it's Suigetsu.

Naruto 574

Well I for one cant wait until two weeks from now, lots of parts sounded pretty murky. Oh dears.

Anyway excellent Suigetsu action, he was always my favorite and just so hilarious. That cant honestly be his true motive, especially if he is trying to please Sasuke. Regardless, kind of glad they are forgetting about Karin, quite unappealing and worthless. Sasuke seemed cool this chapter even if he spent time bringing up his past with Naruto. Hopefully Kishimoto brings them together soon.

Griffith

Banned
One Piece

There was some great humour in this chapter.

This island is crazy. For the first island in the New World it has certainty delivered.

KillGore

Naruto

I seriously don't understand what's with all the Sasuke hate, I mean the whole naruto universe is full stupid-emo-shit characters. The only character that is worthy is Kakashi, and he was emo when he was a kid as well.

Anyways, an okay chapter, I don't see how Sasuke can currently be a match against naruto but like some gafer said, he'll probably awaken the rinnegan, though it seems a bit too soon.

Bleach

this manga can die already. I find it funny how all the main baddies somewhat resemble Aizen. I loved Aizen but the rest are meh.

One Piece

so far the best of the weekly mangas, very funny and I'm sure Law has something to do with this. I still feel as if I haven't seen Zoro's potential, makes me mad. Everyone has shown new powers and abilities and Zoro hasn't even been hurt.

Tritroid

Naruto

Haha, bring back Sasuke + Taka, and things immediately get crappy again. I really think Suigetsu, Juugo, and Karin are probably the worst characters Kishi has ever added to the overall story. Does anyone really give two shits about them? I sure as hell don't.

I do think Sasuke was portrayed decently in this chapter though. We got to see how confident he is now in using Itachi's eyes, how his hatred for how Itachi was treated (which is the driving force behind all of his motivation to begin with) now stems to all of Konoha + Naruto and not just the elders due in part to his clear insanity, and we got a nice little peak at his craziness levels with the 'Nii-san' panel.

I really hope the coming meetup between Sasuke + Dead-Itachi proves to be entertaining. I would love to see Itachi just flat out tell Sasuke what an absolute dumbass he is for wanting revenge on Konoha, since Itachi's entire life was basically sacrificed to avoid that in the first place. Unfortunately that probably won't happen.

Subprime

Lets be friends forever.
But in all seriousness I can't believe it has gotten to the point where I don't want to read the next chapter.

It was there a while ago for me, but the fullbring shit really pulled it into focus. He goes through the whole process of powering up or whateverthefuck just to have it taken away at the end so he can go back to wearing his hot topic trenchcoat. All he needs now is some fucking jack skellington patches and he'll be one of the kids that thought they were punk rock seven years ago.

also: naruto has double jumped the shark. between the double reveal of tobi being that old fucker then the reveal that hes not that old fucker or something, and the itachi resurrection, it has really cemented how bad of a writer whats his face is. Not to mention the so bad its good segment where the two stooges find the scroll. It's not like they actually provide any meaningful progression in the story, the author just focused on them as a plot device to: A) slow down the pace of the main story, B) introduce some minor plot element that will be used as a hand wave at a later point to explain whatever rediculous plotpoints they set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom