• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Naruto

Haha, bring back Sasuke + Taka, and things immediately get crappy again. I really think Suigetsu, Juugo, and Karin are probably the worst characters Kishi has ever added to the overall story. Does anyone really give two shits about them? I sure as hell don't.

I do think Sasuke was portrayed decently in this chapter though. We got to see how confident he is now in using Itachi's eyes, how his hatred for how Itachi was treated (which is the driving force behind all of his motivation to begin with) now stems to all of Konoha + Naruto and not just the elders due in part to his clear insanity, and we got a nice little peak at his craziness levels with the 'Nii-san' panel.

I really hope the coming meetup between Sasuke + Dead-Itachi proves to be entertaining. I would love to see Itachi just flat out tell Sasuke what an absolute dumbass he is for wanting revenge on Konoha, since Itachi's entire life was basically sacrificed to avoid that in the first place. Unfortunately that probably won't happen.

I remember reading that Kishimoto had planned to kill off Taka shortly after their creation, but his editor advised him to create a team for Sasuke

Desmond

qIj1X.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
anybody else thinks its really stupid that orochimaru happened to leave some powerful scroll just laying about in his secret lab? that and the fact that they discovered it the way they did makes me think kishimoto doesn't give a damn about this manga anymore.

survivor

Banned
anybody else thinks its really stupid that orochimaru happened to leave some powerful scroll just laying about in his secret lab? that and the fact that they discovered it the way they did makes me think kishimoto doesn't give a damn about this manga anymore.

Yeah it's pretty dumb.

You would think that Kabuto would have already know about that place and taken\destroy anything of importance .
Still i not complaining since the manga near the end anyway .

TommyT

J Preview

So what do you guys think of this new J Preview thing?

edit: Doesn't seem too bad if you're wanting spoilers before a chapter comes out. However for the big 3, the chapters are out when I wake up so it's really only good for HxH until it gets here later in the day usually.

Naruto: (wt)F

...Not even the Sauce can save Kishimoto's shit writing at this point. My god. What the fuck. Who cares about Suigetsu and Juugo by now? Karin? Who the fuck is Karin?

I will chalk some of it up to the bad translations, BUT I am fluent enough in English (hell, it's the only fucking language I speak) to compensate as I read. And it was still awful.

As for the chapter...Sasuke looks crazy, but what I'm trying to figure out is why Sasuke suddenly gives ANY fucks about what's happening in the war or what's happening with Naruto. With the way Sasuke was acting prior to this (when he fought Danzo)...I was sure that he would have his sights set directly on the Konoha elders and nothing else. At least, that would be consistent. Sasuke suddenly having flashbacks about Naruto in particular and worrying about Naruto's idea of "strength" is more out of character than anything else. SMH.

Oh, and Zetsu, the LAST remaining Akatsuki shrouded in some sense of mystery, is nothing more than fucking fodder. No surprise there.
did you forget that sasuke agreed with naruto that he wouldn't kill anyone from konoha before killing naruto first?

Bleach
boring as fuck and i hate the art. Everyone looks like 8ft tall stickmen.

J Preview

edit: Doesn't seem too bad if you're wanting spoilers before a chapter comes out. However for the big 3, the chapters are out when I wake up so it's really only good for HxH until it gets here later in the day usually.
well they got the preview for naruto wrong.

survivor

Banned
J Preview

Desperate attempt to stay relevant in the scene

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
did you forget that sasuke agreed with naruto that he wouldn't kill anyone from konoha before killing naruto first?
Oh, is that what it was? I interpreted it as him just placating Naruto so that he would stop his incessant fucking babbling.

But if that's what that was...it's stupid.

Mrcapcom

I can't remember did Itachi die the second time? I know he came back because of the Kaboto ninjutsu un pure world w/e then he got that crow out of naruto. Can't remember what happened after. Also Naruto doesn't have any more powerups from Itachi anymore right?

Desmond

I can't remember did Itachi die the second time? I know he came back because of the Kaboto ninjutsu un pure world w/e then he got that crow out of naruto. Can't remember what happened after. Also Naruto doesn't have any more powerups from Itachi anymore right?

Itachi was in this week's chapter

PK Gaming

He said nothing of the sort. He fully intends on killing every last leaf nin as seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/3XNxQ.jpg

The comment "i'll kill you first" can be interpreted as "fuck you Naruto, your first on my hit list"

I fully believe he will kill everyone in his way until he reaches Naruto.

edit: fuck ninja flow.

Tritroid

Nagato was sealed, Itachi wasn't. Once Itachi broke Kabuto's jutsu he claimed he was heading to Kabuto's hideout to fuck him up. Looks like he's going to bump into Sasuke first though.

We don't really know if Naruto has anymore powerups from Itachi, but my guess would be no. It looks like the sole purpose of the crow that Itachi implanted in Naruto was merely to break a control-jutsu that someone would place over him or his dead body, which means that Itachi probably already knew about the plan to raise dead members even before he died, which is why Itachi is still hands down my favorite character in the series, the guy is a genius.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So we all know that Sasuke is going to win against Itachi.

The question is... how? Talk-no-jutsu? Some asspull Sharingan technique? Does the sauce even want to fight Itachi?

It'd be funny if he goes "FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT" and then blows up Itachi.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I take it this is what you were talking about mysticwhip:

0RajS.png

But like PKG said, who the fuck cares. This was Sasuke saying "what the fuck ever. go on in your little lala land thinking I care about you or still want to clash dicks."
edit: fuck ninja flow.
AHAHAHAHAHA

Tritroid

So we all know that Sasuke is going to win against Itachi.

The question is... how? Talk-no-jutsu? Some asspull Sharingan technique? Does the sauce even want to fight Itachi?

It'd be funny if he goes "FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT" and then blows up Itachi.
I really doubt that Sasuke will 'win' over Itachi or even fight him. He's going to be in for a total shock seeing him back from the dead, sure, but Itachi's mistreatment is the reason he's gone crazy and sought revenge all this time. It'll be a lot of talk-no-jutsu yeah, but it's not going to be at all like the last time they met.

Once Sasuke does find out though that Kabuto has raised Itachi, Sasuke is probably going to be either A.) emo-pissed at Kabuto and Tobi now as well as Konoha + Naruto + Elders, resulting in Sasuke emo-hating the world or B.) Happy that Itachi is back but sad that he's dead, and still willing to fight with Tobi + Kabuto against Konoha.

I'm leaning towards A.

upandaway

One Piece

Kids!! Hahaha, it blows my mind that such a thing blows my mind. Should be an obvious thing to have in any world with giants, but, well, I've never seen any! It's such a weird underused thing!

But I'm really confused now by the samurai's cutting (who, by the way, we didn't get any introduction box for, did we):
On one hand, the parts of his face communicated with each other.
On the other hand, his face didn't communicate with his legs (or at least Oda purposely avoided showing it does).

It's really looking like a Law thing, but then, well why did he capture the crew? And from the screams it's like they didn't recognize them. All of Law's crew should be familiar with Luffy's crew, especially if Law himself is there.

Also, has the "___ is going to be a Strawhat!" prediction began? I nominate the bird girl.
What are you talking about, the dragon already became nakama.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure how Sasuke is going to talk-no-jutsu Itachi out of letting him commit genocide.

There seems to be a conflict of interest!

Nagato was sealed, Itachi wasn't. Once Itachi broke Kabuto's jutsu he claimed he was heading to Kabuto's hideout to fuck him up. Looks like he's going to bump into Sasuke first though.

We don't really know if Naruto has anymore powerups from Itachi, but my guess would be no. It looks like the sole purpose of the crow that Itachi implanted in Naruto was merely to break a control-jutsu that someone would place over him or his dead body, which means that Itachi probably already knew about the plan to raise dead members even before he died, which is why Itachi is still hands down my favorite character in the series, the guy is a genius.

Itachi knew Naruto and Sasuke would eventually fight, the crow jutsu was to mind fuck Sasuke into being loyal to Konoha upon activation of his Mangekyo Sharingan.

Itachi didn't expect to be resurrected as a immortal zombie and have to fight Naruto himself.

Cwarrior

Naruto
What the fuck am I reading
after the viz thing, I didn't think the chapter was out so I really thought this might be fake fan fiction for a few seconds there.

Fucken kill off karin and the rest of those losers already.

after shitty chapter last week kishi follows it up with one of the worst naruto chapters in a long time.

Tritroid

Itachi knew Naruto and Sasuke would eventually fight, the crow jutsu was to mind fuck Sasuke into being loyal to Konoha upon activation of his Mangekyo Sharingan.

Itachi didn't expect to be resurrected as a immortal zombie and have to fight Naruto himself.

Oh yeah, reading back over 550 you're right, he said he never imagined to use the crow against himself.

Steroyd

Naruto

What the fuck is this shit, I was expecting a dip in quality in relation to an already shitty arc with the last few better chapters but holy fuck was that still worse than what I was anticipating.

One Piece

At least I can use One Piece to counterbalance awful Naruto chapters like this week, very good chapter and as ever I'm being kept on my toes.

Hero

I don't mind the Sasuke panels but fuck, why bring back the worst characters in part two? Who the fuck actually likes the rest of Snake/Hawk?

Itachi vs Sasuke part two would be interesting to see. Sasuke has eternal sharingan now but Itachi wouldn't be holding back this time and doesn't have the illness that was taxing his body in the previous fight. Sadly plot no jutsu will have Sasuke winning somehow.

J Preview

At least they added Reborn to it. Mindblown at the incoming chapter, though my team reigns supreme.

Mael

I don't mind the Sasuke panels but fuck, why bring back the worst characters in part two? Who the fuck actually likes the rest of Snake/Hawk?

Itachi vs Sasuke part two would be interesting to see. Sasuke has eternal sharingan now but Itachi wouldn't be holding back this time and doesn't have the illness that was taxing his body in the previous fight. Sadly plot no jutsu will have Sasuke winning somehow.

Huh Itachi sealed Nagato who had the EMS ++ upgrade whatever so I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

789shadow

Banned

Sasuke will get even angrier, as he will think Konoha brainwashed Itachi into thinking he was doing the right thing.

Calling it.

PK Gaming

So apparently One Piece is on break next week. Supposedly (don't quote me on this) its in the raws, though this is unconfirmed. We might still get the chapter next week. Either way...

FUCK

cdyhybrid

If this dude is an arrancar, maybe what Hiyori saw was his garganta opening on his way to see Ichigo. But if that's true...what happened to Hiyori and Lisa?

upandaway

So apparently One Piece is on break next week. Supposedly (don't quote me on this) its in the raws, though this is unconfirmed. We might still get the chapter next week. Either way...

FUCK
I didn't want to blow my backup this early in the year but I guess I have to. Nonetheless I'll be fine next week. I think.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bleach was totally worth it for that smirk on the last page. Kubo may not know how to draw backgrounds, but his smirks are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom