• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 481
tumblr_lzg07aGO2P1qcsnnso1_500.png

Marvelous chapter. Seems Uryu got new stylish clothes while everyone including him had a great cool pose.

The entrance of the ~antagonist was splendid especially Ichigo's line. So cool. Regardless Im curious if he managed to get our favorite Grimmjow involved and hope the tear is investigated next chapter. Its an interesting start compared to two previous arcs that initially took place in my favorite setting, school.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh. I didn't even realize the chapter was called "The Tearing" and was referencing the tear between the two worlds. Silly me. :|

Sai

what if sasuke gets rid of his emotional ties to the world like kankuro and sasori?
Yeah, if he has no more reason to protect Konoha, he'll likely just pass on.

Because of Kotoamatsukami, he may be forced to fight Sasuke against his will though.

Kreed

Wasn't trying to be. Hell even I've started skipping those argument posts (at least the ones that seem to happen every weekend from the same person), so I didn't want anyone misinterpreting not "reading the thread" with wanting to avoid the BS.

TommyT

Wasn't trying to be. Hell even I've started skipping those argument posts (at least the ones that seem to happen every weekend from the same person), so I didn't want anyone misinterpreting not "reading the thread" with wanting to avoid the BS.

You weren't trying to be touche? Or... you weren't trying to be touchy? :p

Lain

One Piece is one of the shittiest manga out there, only tasteless people read it.

Got my OP Color Walk 2, soooo good!

Naruto

I liked this quote from a user another forum

So... does anyone else think that Orochimaru has become the Deus ex Machina of Naruto. Danzo needs a sharingan arm- Orochimaru. Konoha needs someone with Wood Kekkai Genkai- Orochimaru. Water dude finds something that can give him control of war- Orochimaru. Just seems that whenever Kishi needs some weird **** to happen, he always has Orochimaru do it.

And the reply

Indeed. Funny how every major surprise plot twist is somehow linked to Orochimaru.

Hashirama also deserves some credit, given how he (unintentionally) gave rise to everything related to the Rinnegan in the plot, along with stuff like the Zetsu army.

Nearly all the villains in this arc have his DNA, from fodder like Zetsu to bosses like Tobi and Madara!

:D

smurfx

get some go again
the sad thing is that orochimaru is much more interesting than the other villains he helped out along the way and he got a really cheap death. -_- he still should have been the last boss.

Tritroid

the sad thing is that orochimaru is much more interesting than the other villains he helped out along the way and he got a really cheap death. -_- he still should have been the last boss.

He's totally not dead though. He's still partially inside Kabuto, and he's probably going to be completely revived at some point. Remember the small white snake that crawls away under the rocks when Itachi died? Big foreshadowing there.

I agree he's an amazing villain, probably the best villain the series has seen up to this point.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Orochimaru was the best villain Kishimoto thought up. Not only that, but he was one of the best characters in the manga. But that's not surprising considering that Orochimaru was the big bad of Part 1. And part 1 was fucking fantastic.

Alone, part 2 looks like shit. But when you consider that it was done by the same person who did Part 1? It's like a slap in the face.

FREE OROCHIMARU.

He's totally not dead though. He's still partially inside Kabuto, and he's probably going to be completely revived at some point. Remember the small white snake that crawls away under the rocks when Itachi died? Big foreshadowing there.

I agree he's an amazing villain, probably the best villain the series has seen up to this point.
chunk of black flame fell on it and it died.

edit:fuck oro he was lame as shit

smurfx

get some go again
i have no confidence in kishi to properly write him anymore. he is way too focused on bullshit eye techniques to make him a viable threat.

And Tobi/Madara/Whoever is better? C'mon breh.

Yea, very slim pickings here (even if you add The Sauce LOL)

Makes two of us. I've now gone through like 4 supposed "reads" of L&BH. It's quite good but I keep losing focus. Maybe it is the +1 enemy system and it feels episodic...IDFK.

I would say to try 1 more time, if not then oh well

HxH

Killua basically found out that the other is a "person" too can make requests without much harm.

Very nice, plus with that power being broken as fuck Illumi will be even more interested in Killua than he already (creepily) is.

Kazerei

Banned
Hunter X Hunter

I was kind of hoping a fight would break out. I can't really see where Togashi is going with this Alluka subplot. Meh.

789shadow

Banned
the only decent villain naruto has ever had was the first appearance of akatsuki. that's it. just the time when kisame and itachi came and left, best villains in naruto. shit villains before and shit villains after.

Fuck you for leaving out Orochimaru. The Akatsuki all turned out to be pussies.

smurfx

get some go again
HXH

alluka is going to get killed off at some point. that's way too powerful of an ability and no way killua's family doesn't abuse it.

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Anyone else feel like this new Orochimaru stuff is a retcon? It feels like Kishi's trying to extend the war for a bit longer. Sure it adds another mystery (lol) to the plot (lol), but at this point all we really need to see is Tobi's face, Naruto vs Sauce, & Tobi's death. Oh and Kabuto.

One Piece
Hnnnng @ the Wano teases. This sam guy seems to fall under the "new arc, new frans" list. Also wtf at giant babies?? They're either part of an experiment (along with the harpylady), or Oda be teasing Elbaf (or not, I'm not sure if it's even in the NW). Glad to see things moving along quickly.

survivor

Banned
One Piece
Hnnnng @ the Wano teases. This sam guy seems to fall under the "new arc, new frans" list. Also wtf at giant babies?? They're either part of an experiment (along with the harpylady), or Oda be teasing Elbaf (or not, I'm not sure if it's even in the NW). Glad to see things moving along quickly.

Or Oda has a giants fetish

Naruto
Anyone else feel like this new Orochimaru stuff is a retcon? It feels like Kishi's trying to extend the war for a bit longer. Sure it adds another mystery (lol) to the plot (lol), but at this point all we really need to see is Tobi's face, Naruto vs Sauce, & Tobi's death. Oh and Kabuto.

One Piece
oro's scroll gotta do something with sasuke or something

I'm glad wednesdays exist to keep my attention long enough to get to class without passing out. Valentine's Day should be on fridays. Fucking 7 hour Thursday class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom