• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

oro's scroll gotta do something with sasuke or something

I actually don't have a problem with Oro coming back or anything. He seemed so invincible in Part 1, like end-game material (dude just kept getting back up like it was nothing!) It just kinda seems outta nowhere with the current pacing. Hopefully whatever happens with the scroll doesn't take too long.

Though I was actually content with Kabuto replacing him (however bad people may think) because it falls in line with the new gen taking over the old gen. Guess the old gen still has to put up a fight, amirite?

It was obvious from the second he appeared that he was a good guy.

Nah his behavior would be seen as weird (especially when Kisame teasing him about missing his village) but after it was fully confirmed you could see that his actions did make him a good guy(barring the massive Sauce trolling lol).

He appears right when the 3rd had his funeral.
Kept a low profile while looking arond.
Ignored the sauce
Attempted to end his battle quicky with Asuma, Kakashi, Gai, etc
Just calmly retreated when he could have done much more damage.
Plus all the crap he did during the Uchiha stuff after the cat came out of the bag.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
mysticwhip is trolling. I mean, Orochimaru waged war on Konoha and when it made SENSE. During an exam that they were occupied with, then he had a fantastic fight (one of the best in the entire series bar none) with the third to the DEATH. Yeah. Orochimaru is, was, and forever will be a boss. He's not a pussy like Pain who revived EVERYONE 5 minutes after killing them.

Akatsuki is shit.

Though I was actually content with Kabuto replacing him (however bad people may think) because it falls in line with the new gen taking over the old gen.
Sorry, but Kishimoto's bs about the new surpassing the old is such an unbelievable "theme" of this series. If he has been trying to portray that message, he failed at it. Hard.

Naruto

The villain that had some potential was Itachi until Kishi trolled with him being a good guy all along...
Preach.

...FREE OROCHIMARU.

mysticwhip is trolling. I mean, Orochimaru waged war on Konoha and when it made SENSE. During an exam that they were occupied with, then he had a fantastic fight (one of the best in the entire series bar none) with the third to the DEATH. Yeah. Orochimaru is, was, and forever will be a boss. He's not a pussy like Pain who revived EVERYONE 5 minutes after killing them.

Akatsuki is shit.

Sorry, but Kishimoto's bs about the new surpassing the old is such an unbelievable "theme" of this series. If he has been trying to portray that message, he failed at it. Hard.

Preach.

...FREE OROCHIMARU.
orochimaru is a big ass pussy that's butthurt over not being chosen as hokage.

Big One

Banned
Truth: Orochimaru is the boss.

Itachi was complete dick. He was nothing, he had no personality, he had no motive, nothing. His entire fanbase was completely surrounded by the fact that he "looks cool" or he's "so hawt" for years. Years.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
he was competing with the 4th, not tsunade, but whatever , females suck in Naruto.
Well if some mu'fucka with blonde hair came up on my block talking some old bullshit about RASENGAN and PROPHECY child and shit...pretty boy takes MY title...I'd be mad too. Specially since my teacher is the one who had that title.

Don't take that shit sitting down. Come back and attack the village and KILL that motherfucker. Seal em up with the death god, do edo tensei, bring back the PRIOR hokages.

...Like a boss.

Subprime

Truth: Orochimaru is the boss.

Itachi was complete dick. He was nothing, he had no personality, he had no motive, nothing. His entire fanbase was completely surrounded by the fact that he "looks cool" or he's "so hawt" for years. Years.

serious question, are the lines under his eyes supposed to be bags or something? or just some fucked up cheek bone. because it looks really dumb.

It was obvious from the second he appeared that he was a good guy.

Do you honestly believe that he had thought it out that far in advance?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Orichimaru was the best villain, and Kishi fucked it all up. I swear I think Kishi had no idea that Naruto would be this big had to pull shit out of his ass soon after the chunnin exam.

Well if some mu'fucka with blonde hair came up on my block talking some old bullshit about RASENGAN and PROPHECY child and shit...pretty boy takes MY title...I'd be mad too. Specially since my teacher is the one who had that title.

Don't take that shit sitting down. Come back and attack the village and KILL that motherfucker. Seal em up with the death god, do edo tensei, bring back the PRIOR hokages.

...Like a boss.
4th hokage's swag was too much for orochimaru, he shit himself and left the village with 60 kids.

Kusagari

Do you honestly believe that he had thought it out that far in advance?

I don't know if Kishimoto had it thought out, but I always thought he was going to be a good guy or anti-hero at best. His bland personality instead of an extravagant 'villainy' one, the way he tried to avoid the Sauce, the way he tried to avoid hurting anyone, the way he just ran from Jiraiya when Kisame questioned why.

If he had actually been a true-blue villain I'd have been shocked.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What's going on? What's this J-Preview thing?

I feel like I've missed something while not being in this topic for a week.

I don't know if Kishimoto had it thought out, but I always thought he was going to be a good guy or anti-hero at best. His bland personality instead of an extravagant 'villainy' one, the way he tried to avoid the Sauce, the way he tried to avoid hurting anyone, the way he just ran from Jiraiya when Kisame questioned why.

If he had actually been a true-blue villain I'd have been shocked.

Well Kishi tried to make him one (complete with crazy expression) but that was way too late for people to fully buy into it LOL

I still remember the initial craziness over that scene when some people tried to fool themselves into thinking that was his real personality lulz.

tbh i thought about that possibilty for moment but then the evidence proving the contrary was too great for this to fly (his "expression" even added to the evidence).

Wtf is going on in bleach? What has the world gone to when the current and last arc feel like anime fillers (last arc was arguably worst then all the anime filler arcs).

And one piece. And for a second I thought this samurai arc would be some generic animu stuff. Dragons, talking legs, fillet samurai head, giant babies.

Why can so much shit happen in 1 OP chapter while nothing seems to get done in any other shounen stuff?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because Oda tries to cram as much into a single panel as possible without obscuring the characters.

Hunter x Hunter

Loved how Togashi developed the relationship between Alluka/Nanika - Killua. I mean, seen the shitty family killua has, it's nice that he was able to develop a "real" relationship with a family member.

Of course, everything would be MUCH better if
Hisoka kills alluka for the lolz

Mr. Fix

Wtf is going on in bleach? What has the world gone to when the current and last arc feel like anime fillers (last arc was arguably worst then all the anime filler arcs).

And one piece. And for a second I thought this samurai arc would be some generic animu stuff. Dragons, talking legs, fillet samurai head, giant babies.

Why can so much shit happen in 1 OP chapter while nothing seems to get done in any other shounen stuff?

The ratio for the OP manga and episode seem to be at about 1:1. For Naruto its sometimes 2:1 or on a slow day 1:1. Not sure about bleach though, maybe like 3:1 (judging from the last arc).

ahahahahahahahaha
image.php

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
How "much" happened in this one piece chapter? I wouldn't say there was TONS more than Bleach. It's an effect of the difference in the two art styles, really. Oda loves to just put a bunch of shit in every single panel and it just makes it look like the pages are stuffed. But the two manga are different so as far as what's in each panel...I wouldn't compare them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is merit in the argument that nothing happens in Bleach, The way Kubo distributes his panels between development (basically dialog) and pointless scene cuts (FEET) is very reminiscent of an anime storyboard rather than a typical manga chapter. The problem is he is not storyboarding an anime, so he spend a lot of time doing "camera cuts" that look cool but are completely unnecessary and a waste of time.

You'll note how a lot of people feel that reading Bleach a few volumes at a time masks the pacing issues.

Im sorry but that is utterly impossible. How in the world did the fullbring feel worst than the Bounts arc?! Jin Kariya and and a weakened Ichigo and an annoying mod soul was worst than xcution?

Im sorry but that is utterly impossible. How in the world did the fullbring feel worst than the Bounts arc?! Jin Kariya and and a weakened Ichigo and an annoying mod soul was worst than xcution?

Fine fine. Can some explain to me wtf were the xecution troupe after?

What was there objective?

All I got was that the dude hated SS for spying on him.

At the very least I kinda knew what was going down in bount arc.

Mael

HxH

Well that should wrap it up for Alluka/Nanika I guess. So that leave us with Kurapika and the Kaito situation to worry about.
sidenote: Am I the only one who felt like Ging's reaction in the last few chapter felt like something out of Yu Yu Hakusho?

All this talk about who's the best villain in Naruto makes me think that there's no actual good villain in Naruto at all.
The battle with the 3rd Hokage was so fucking slow it's a wonder people liked it so much.
It feels like something out of a parody of DBZ where something cool is supposed to happened in the next 5 min but is indefinitely delayed.
At least Itachi's design was cool and his original motivation showed great promise (so powerful that he became insane and killed everyone he knew), but as always Kishi can't write for shit so I guess I'm to blame for believing he could do better.

I think even Uvoguine was a better villain than the crap Kishi uses as foes in his shonen...

HxH

Well that should wrap it up for Alluka/Nanika I guess. So that leave us with Kurapika and the Kaito situation to worry about.
sidenote: Am I the only one who felt like Ging's reaction in the last few chapter felt like something out of Yu Yu Hakusho?

well the hxh mangaka did create yu yu hakusho...

Mael

well the hxh mangaka did create yu yu hakusho...

Well that kinda was the point yes.
I meant to say that in the same way that Kuroro is basically Sensui, Kurama is Kurapika and Hiei is Killua we now have Yusuke is Ging.
As far as general design and philosophy behind the character I mean.

Sidenote : Kishi dream he could come up with a villain as good as Hisoka.

Well that kinda was the point yes.
I meant to say that in the same way that Kuroro is basically Sensui, Kurama is Kurapika and Hiei is Killua we now have Yusuke is Ging.
As far as general design and philosophy behind the character I mean.

Sidenote : Kishi dream he could come up with a villain as good as Hisoka.
hei as killua wat, maybe in the beginning.

One Piece 657

They actually ate a dragon...mindblown. This arc is already off to a great start, more focus on Luffy and such and less on the others in that ship, the better. They should have brought Sanji along instead of Ussop.

Bossun

One piece

Now that's the shit. i just love Oda.

So many things going on you just want to read what's next. A feeling I don't get while reading Naruto or Bleach.

And I'm so bumed out by Sasuke's come back. The manga was way better without him....

Mael

The only good villain in Naruto was Kisame. He actually acted like a ninja and went out like a boss on his own terms.

That's actually a not so shitty villain, he was consistent throughout and there wasn't that many asspull with him

hei as killua wat, maybe in the beginning.

Well yeah they kinda start the same (heck Sensui is very different from Kuroro apart from the premise). After the exam it's quite clear that they're nothing alike.

suzu

HxH

What happened here? lol. I guess that's it... also still no Kurapica to be seen.

OP

This arc is getting more crazy and interesting.

Epcott

Naruto

Sauske is back... sigh. I guess the final confrontation draws near. Just unmask Tobi as Sauske and Itachi's dad already. I hope this team hawk's exposure doesn't last long. I can't stand them.

Bleach

Slapstick and a mysterious visitor on very last page. Shocking!

One Piece

Only one of the big three that interested me this week. I'm guessing that's the head of the lower part of the samurai hanging with Luffy. Interesting. But the last page had me scratching my head. Sort of reminded me of Toy Story 3... I fear for Franky and Co.

Gantz

I've only watched the movie and anime, but read the latest chapter. Seems sad, even though I have no idea what's going on.

Hey hey hey, when is the next chapter of Eureka Seven AO due to be out? And another question, did some of the team responsible for the original E7 work on Deadman Wonderland? I always got that impression. Did the team split, or are they simultaneously working on DW's endgame while working on E7:AO, or do they have nothing to do with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom