• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Punch Man (ONE version) 52-current

Oh hey, it's the fight I've been waiting for since the S classes were introduced. Once that's over, the face of the organization will be aware of Saitama's strength. With that and Metal Knight monitoring him, dude could be reaching S class relatively soon.

Usobuko

Banned
Kekkonshite mo Koishiteru 1-2
A story about married couple with their 3 children. Cute story.
Supposedly the author made this based on his own life, so yeah, i hope this one won't end with sad ending.

Cute story.

The writing is a little informal so I am not that surprised if this has any resemblance to his real life.

wonzo

Banned
2FTMYY7.png

Welcome to the NeoGAF Manga Reading Club for the month of November! What began as an effort by a bunch of nerds to force each other to read certain titles has expanded into a reading club that anyone can participate in, with a focus on picking a variety of lesser-known quality titles from all periods and genres of Japanese comic book history.

We've selected a series of authors to highlight each month, with occasional months dedicated to a certain topic or genre. This month's subject is Japanese Culture & Society. This was originally going to be Japanese Culture but the things we had in mind didn’t quite fit so here we are with twice the fun with a somewhat fantastical bent!

Noramimi by Kazuo Hara

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated by Iou Kuroda

Katajikenai Keiichi Koike

Ressentiment​ by Kengo Hanazawa

Future Months Planned (tentative)

KAGO CHRISTMAS
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Taiyo Matsumoto
LGBT (yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai/etc.)
Osamu Tezuka
SANGOKUSHI SPRING

Previous Reading Clubs:

Moto Hagio
Usamaru Furuya
Horror

I Am A Hero 1-191

Wow. What a great survival story. The first 10 chapters were boring as shit and I really, really wanted to drop it. I heard though that after the first 10 it turns into an awesome survival story so I weathered the boring and the payoff was spectacular. I cannot wait for the next chapter -- though it appears this doesn't get updated too often so I'm going to hate this wait.

Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 35/END
......Bullshit ending.

Serious.

random25

Tomo-chan 195

What would you do in life without Mizusu, Tomo?

Tsujiura-san to Chupacabra 35[END]

What a lame way to end this. Should have at least choose one between the two.

dumbyugi

To Love-Ru Darkness 61

Can't wait for Nemesis to help Rito get in to even more shameless situations. Also Doctor from Black Cat made a brief cameo as one of the scientists.

Droplet

The Town of Blue Scales and Sand 1-3

A girl moves from Tokyo to a town by the beach, where she was once saved by a mermaid (merman?).

I love this. The art style reminds me a bit of a children's picture book in its simplicity, but the lovely hatching and freehand backgrounds give it a sense of maturity. In a way, the art style helps to keep the story, which has a fantastical premise, very grounded and low key. Despite the premise, there are parts that seem to focus on very mundane aspects of life - the girl's father's hands getting red after carrying a plastic bag, misconceptions from the town girls about Tokyo, buying required schoolbooks... I don't really know why, but I just want to read the rest of it now. Maybe I just have a love for stories with beach settings.

Shouta

One Punch Man (One Version) 104

Man, poor Feather. Is intorduced just to be the butt of a joke, lol. Metal Bat and Sonic too, lol

Zweizer

Banned
2FTMYY7.png

We've selected a series of authors to highlight each month, with occasional months dedicated to a certain topic or genre. This month's subject is Japanese Culture & Society. This was originally going to be Japanese Culture but the things we had in mind didn’t quite fit so here we are with twice the fun with a somewhat fantastical bent!

Noramimi by Kazuo Hara

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated by Iou Kuroda

Katajikenai Keiichi Koike

Ressentiment​ by Kengo Hanazawa

Future Months Planned (tentative)

KAGO CHRISTMAS
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Taiyo Matsumoto
LGBT (yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai/etc.)
Osamu Tezuka
SANGOKUSHI SPRING

Ah, I've been wanting to check out Noramimi for a while considering how hard wonzo pushes for it, so this might be a good opporunity to do so. Not sure if I'll feel like reading another samurai manga though as I'm currently reading Takemitsu Zamurai. This one seems pretty short at least.

The Town of Blue Scales and Sand 1-3

A girl moves from Tokyo to a town by the beach, where she was once saved by a mermaid (merman?).

I love this. The art style reminds me a bit of a children's picture book in its simplicity, but the lovely hatching and freehand backgrounds give it a sense of maturity. In a way, the art style helps to keep the story, which has a fantastical premise, very grounded and low key. Despite the premise, there are parts that seem to focus on very mundane aspects of life - the girl's father's hands getting red after carrying a plastic bag, misconceptions from the town girls about Tokyo, buying required schoolbooks... I don't really know why, but I just want to read the rest of it now. Maybe I just have a love for stories with beach settings.

Sounds great. Guess I'll read it
when it's fully translated

One Piece Man 104

Hahah On the one hand, I am getting a little bit impatient with Saitama...Give her what she wants, show some of your power! On the otherhand, there were so many hilarious scenes in this chapter. Feel for Metal Bat. Tornado of Terror is a bit dense though...I mean she has really been trying to do him and has caused any damage. Can't she get a hint. Saitama's bad luck continues, with Tornado getting a fan when she just got pissed off and wrecked some people, rather than tried to help anybody...

On second thoughts, they really are beginning to seem like a couple...I imagine the situation will be resolved with Tatsumaki somehow coming out of it thinking she was on top...Well, she is, but he isn't even trying...

Ross61

Finally read Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer. Truly an amazing read. It was the perfect blend of drama, action, romance, and comedy. The characters were magically human. I truly loved their personalities. Their struggles were all relatable and how they all changed and became better people was wonderful to see. There was not once character that wasn't well developed. I also loved how the action was clearly displayed so you know what exactly was going on. The ending was satisfying and everything I had hope for.

Voror

Finally read Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer. Truly an amazing read. It was the perfect blend of drama, action, romance, and comedy. The characters were magically human. I truly loved their personalities. Their struggles were all relatable and how they all changed and became better people was wonderful to see. There was not once character that wasn't well developed. I also loved how the action was clearly displayed so you know what exactly was going on. The ending was satisfying and everything I had hope for.

Looking to pick this one up after hearing good things in the past so nice to continue to hear recommendations for it.

I was wondering if anyone had bought digital manga on Kindle before? I decided to start picking up Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia as they'd accumulated a few volumes now, but when looking them up on Amazon saw that the digital versions for some of them actually had a larger amount of volumes available.

The samples I checked out seemed good, but was curious if there were any problems that weren't clear. Because the lower price and saving of space is actually quite attractive one with not needing to worry about binding issues.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 83

Aoi finally sees that Yuu knows The Hedgehogs finally. Good riddance at that. It was just dumb.

Now join the band, Aoi

bobohoro

TLR Darkness 61

I approve of this. And I want to see more of Gid, dude's awesome.

Boku Girl 59

Feels like we should have started this 20 chapters ago. Maybe something will happen now. But more probable, everyone get's sidetracked again by another newcomer or something.

Keijo 56

D'awwwww~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Triangletits's schemes to harm a band on her own label and then give them absolutely no advice continue to be fucking nonsensical.

And completely out of left field full frontal nudity, okay.

Let Aoi into the band already you dumb shitlord.

Fuuka

Triangletits's schemes to harm a band on her own label and then give them absolutely no advice continue to be fucking nonsensical.

And completely out of left field full frontal nudity, okay.

Let Aoi into the band already you dumb shitlord.

It's Seo, you knew the pandering was coming in sooner or later. I'm surprised he's managed to restrain himself from the full on Rage Town style nudity with visible nipples and such for this long.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tenohira Size. (end)

Why aren't there a million chapters of this ;_;

And how could you just end it on her potentially developing a crush on the classmate who was so obviously crushing on her the entire time ;_;

Mangaka pls revisit these guys again ;_;

Jayne

What's the difference between One Punch Man ONE Version and.. I guess the other version? (how many versions are there?) Is it the same story just drawn by a different artist?

What's the difference between One Punch Man ONE Version and.. I guess the other version? (how many versions are there?) Is it the same story just drawn by a different artist?

ONE - Webcomic by original artist.

One Punch Man - Adaptation of Webcomic by Yuusuke Murata with minor changes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's Seo, you knew the pandering was coming in sooner or later. I'm surprised he's managed to restrain himself from the full on Rage Town style nudity with visible nipples and such for this long.

At least in Rage Town there were reactions at all.

In this series it just makes no sense because Seo isn't competent enough to make the story flow and make sense. The entire plot of the last 30 chapters was Yuu coming to grips with the fact that his songs might not be as commercially popular as his rival's songs, but they resonate with the listener as being meaningful.

Except now they aren't because some random new character said they suck and now everyone agrees the band sucks and all their songs are garbage despite that being the opposite of the plot up until 1 chapter ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom