• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

dani_dc

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san 31

I do appreciate how self-aware of the situation Braveman is.

Wonder what kind of consequences the photo will have on the storyline.

Zweizer

Banned
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch31

Time to make it official!

Swap ⇔ Swap ch17

Well, glad that it turned out okay somehow.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Fairy Tail Eeeeeeeeeh, Gray stumbling to the final boss and being lazy fair about it was kind of cool, so you got that atleast Fairy Tail.

Nanatsu No Taiza These angles are cool. These Demon tricks are cool. Seven Deadly Sins is cool again.

Mob Psycho What a fun surprise. That's what I love about ONE, he brings characters you didn't really think about and makes them pretty interesting.

To You, The Immortal 9-12 That was a really good emotional climax, though Fushiji learning how to read and write felt strangely sudden. Not nearly as sudden as that mysterious stranger. This manga just took a really strange turn for me.

Magi 10/10, I was not expecting Judar to do that because I was like 'Oh, he'll resist the temptation and blada blada bla' but NOPE! PUNCH THAT BITCH IN THE FACE! Ha ha this was great. I have a feeling the dungeons going forward are all just going to have this air of "Stop being such a whiny dramatic bitch Sinbad!"

Oh hey, I didn't realize Minazuki Suu had another manga called Plunderer that he was working on for a while, that's cool, I guess I'll read like-

*reads 10 chapters*

FHSzbjP.png

bobohoro

I dont understand how one can conclude that without the whole arc context.

Context? What context?

I think all the revelations this arc has made it a must read, so compelling on so many fronts and so many good combis.

Revelations? What revelations?

The current arc only reveals (yes, more than those before) a lack of writing skill and bizarre fetishes in the context of hanging half naked girls on crosses and forcing caesareans on half naked women bearing a dragon's child and shit.

Hayate No Gotoku 559

Too much foreshadowing with that bubble joke.
Things are gonna burst.
Hard.

Conan-san

Context? What context?

Revelations? What revelations?

The current arc only reveals (yes, more than those before) a lack of writing skill and bizarre fetishes in the context of hanging half naked girls on crosses and forcing caesareans on half naked women bearing a dragon's child and shit.

Hayate No Gotoku 559

Too much foreshadowing with that bubble joke.
Things are gonna burst.
Hard.
Good. The quicker it goes the sooner we get our Giant Robot comic.

Seven Deadly Sins is boring as fuck right now. The problem is that Nakaba assumes I give a damn about the Ten Commandments "having their reasons" when in the end they're still irredeemable dicks and I hope they get murdered.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Seven Deadly Sins is boring as fuck right now. The problem is that Nakaba assumes I give a damn about the Ten Commandments "having their reasons" when in the end they're still irredeemable dicks and I hope they get murdered.

I super get what you're saying, and would be the same way, but I am enjoying the fight a lot. The Angel's general fighting style combined with pretty good designs (multihead dude and his 360 spellcasting is dope af) is at least entertaining me quite a bit. But you're right, I don't give two shits about the Ten Commandments, especially since we (the reader) knows they all survive (and also that Gowther destroys the thing, the angels killed a bunch of people, and Gowther gets mind wiped), so the dramatic stakes vanish.

But that one girl punched that kid with her bone though...

Zweizer

Banned
Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu ch5.2

Glad that they're getting along well. "Mother" isn't quite what I'd call Nina. She's more of a big sis or an auntie.

7Taizai is only good and exciting when King is the focus, otherwise it borders on skim until I see King in a panel.

Phoenix volumes 3-5

Oh, I see. I see now why Phoenix is considered one of the highlights of Tezuka career. The first two volumes were respectively the start and the end of the story, so they were kind of... 'special', spending more pages in setting up everything and finishing it.
It's in these volumes where you can see the real meat of this comic, what Tezuka was planning with the series: a tour de force from ancient times to the future that examines with different time periods and types of stories themes like immortality (literal or metaphorical), the meaning of life, religion, rebirth, and more, all using big leitmotifs like war, love, drama, suspense and mystery.

Because the structure, standalone stories, he can tell a tragic love story in one and a mystery in another, a historical piece about sculptors here and space adventurers meeting aliens there, so there is a nice variety even if the overall theme remains; and as added bonus the different stories sometimes interconnect with each other, making the impression of a sweeping epic tale.

edit : volume 6. Incest with yandere mon?!!

Fureru to Kikoeru 17

Making the supervillain face while offering the guy your hand is tactically questionable, but then there's nothing you can really do at this point that's sillier than ignoring Satori.

Stinky

JIROOOO NOO ;_;

Distant neighborhood is good

51JqqdrYSsL._SX347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I own the english volume 1 of Summit of the Gods

i249750.jpg

I never read it BUT NOW I WILL.

Seifuku no Vampiress Lord 2
I appreciate this series getting to the best parts quickly. The background info on her condition was all well and good, but really I was just counting down the pages until she started (consensually) snacking on her friend.

Numb

Origin 1-15

Yet another Boichi manga of Sun Ken Rock fame
Got your good fights,good art,gangs,stupid/hilarious MC,everyone being a model etc etc
But it's robots this time!!

Thinking bout getting emotions but he doesn't realize that he has them from our point of view with his reactions and overthinking everythng lol

Blades of the guardians 1-10

So bloody. Was expecting a Lone wolf and cub thngy with his son but there is too much murder

Something light and funny for once
6398c934484f927d78318e635aa37336.png

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch504

At least he's honest.

Hi Score Girl ch38

Ohh, RPG Maker, I didn't expect that, yet it's a pretty good way for these two to communicate. Nice to see Haruo take a jab at games development.

Tongari Boushi no Atelier 1
After years of longing to become a witch, a young girl learns the truth of her world's magic and takes one giant leap towards fulfilling her dream. Then she inadvertently petrifies her mother and things get awkward. Followed for the cosy fantasy art, the wizardry intrigue and the setting's slightly unusual take on magic.

sasuke_91

After years of longing to become a witch, a young girl learns the truth of her world's magic and takes one giant leap towards fulfilling her dream. Then she inadvertently petrifies her mother and things get awkward. Followed for the cosy fantasy art, the wizardry intrigue and the setting's slightly unusual take on magic.
I like the art. Looks really nice. I'll make sure to check this out.

Droplet

It's only the first chapter so not much to add on here, but this has a good start. The art is lovely and the magic system is pretty interesting.

spiritfox

Oh this is right up my alley.

Conan-san

Big 3 a western term for op/naruto/bleach and doesn't apply to anything else

Maybe you just have bad taste since you're the only person I've seen who doesn't like this series
Or Maybe I've got something better to read than 25 weeks of preparing for an escape that's more than likely not going to work (or, worse, actually work in-spite of what's going on) and lead to god knows how long of us ether watching Norman sulk or Emma in sister training.

Jump needs to get a fuckin' grip.

mdubs

Banned
The big 3 never existed in Japan and is purely an English thing.

Omoi Omoware Furi Furare 20

By damn this series is just so good. My man Rio finally be waking up

U19 1
C4j0pHGWMAAm7cy.jpg:small

Really compelling and thought provoking start. Though the powers felt unnecessary but I think I can see where they are going with it. The premise of the manga makes it really intriguing and oddly potentially the place where society could move in the future, sad. Hopefully more people like Kudo rise up and keep things on the right path. In any case, Kudo is a great lead and the quirk of the main female lead is kind of funny. I wonder if the whole rest of the manga will be focused around her rescue.

As they say in DeSu. LETS SURVIVE.

Promised Neverland is better than 95% of the shonen shit that Jump regularly crams down reader's throats.

What's better than it? Gintama? One Piece, if that's your thing?

Literally nothing else.

Chase17

Not sure about U19. The fact that the power or whatever is the "libido" is pretty funny. Likable protagonist.

Didn't read the other jumpstart, but as I skipped through it going to Promised Neverland, it didn't seem like something that would grab me.

mdubs

Banned
Promised Neverland is better than 95% of the shonen shit that Jump regularly crams down reader's throats.

What's better than it? Gintama? One Piece, if that's your thing?

Literally nothing else.

MHA and Haikyu!! for one. And I say this as a big fan of Promised Neverland.

We Never Learn 2

Dull. I dont know if it was wise to spend the 2nd chapter developing the characters in this manner, a return to the initial premise would be better than pushing the romance emotins.

pbayne

All Rounder Meguru 109-110

It finally got an update.
Stark remembrance that this manga has almost no direction what so ever. Just fights for the sake of it.

Top Bottom