• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Getter Robo Devolution ch.19
Another Professor Saotome, and no clear answer as to which universe this Ryoma is really from. They're really building up the multi verse shit a lot with this.

At least during all this, the Getter's opponent is a hell of a cool doppelganger.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch.44 - 47
You know, I'd go to that cafe just for the experience. Probably won't walk out with some horrible curse placed on me, yep.

Engaged to the Unidentified vol.7 ch.11
It's bad for Kobeni to overthink that superstition and should just enjoy the date. And if it does go bad some how, then fall back on blaming Niko.

Mei no Maiden 4

"A lewd woman has suddenly appeared". I'm still not entirely sure how you psyche your opponent out of a 50-50 guessing game, but it had to end this way, so I'll take it. If her mother's doing all this just so she can settle down or something my head'll explode, because there're certain, uh, side effects of losing that'd make her actions pretty counterproductive.

Sekai ka Kanojo ka Erabenai 4
xFXTNAD.png
I mean, there's being protective and then there's being a jealous, controlling
walking corpse
. Well, maybe that's technically not quite accurate, but it's the label she deserves at this point for trying to interfere with the true route. Even if it is one of the most hopeless looking true routes I've encountered in a while.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch181

Cameraman is having the time of his life.

AKB49 ch223

Guess Minori isn't graduating anytime soon.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch59

Glad that Yoh is still in their side. Shame he didn't get the time to speak earnestly with Kamo though.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch53-54

Good thing the girls are reliable at least.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there a TVTropes entry for "manga/anime parents who encourage their kids to have sex" because I've seen that trope a ton in recent years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never has a power-up montage with group pose felt so disappointing since MAR.

That's still worse by far.

I don't actually have a problem with them just getting better, I think they should have specified more than a month for them to train.

The problem with that is that Seo's clearly leaving a dangling plot thread of Yuu and Fuuka fucking (since almost all of the training we saw Fuuka doing was her trying in vain to convince Yuu to fuck her) and it would start to get really suspect if Fuuka and Yuu were living in a house together without the band and not getting anywhere because they're like 19 and that's what 19 year olds do.

Angry Grimace

Is this fake fuuka or fuuka look a like or stalker fuuka

Replacement Fuuka. She's a different girl who replaced Fuuka in their band and also happens to be named Fuuka.

She's a perv.

The storyline was that the rest of the band (who live in a big house) all left the house so they were there alone. She was using this as an opportunity to have sex with Yuu, but he's the world's biggest wuss and put absolutely no moves on her at all unless she straight up takes her clothes off. So she does that, but every time this happened some other minor character would show up. Most recently, she tried again, but one of the most famous English speaking pop stars in the world showed up to their house unannounced and started living there for no real reason other than preventing Yuu and Fuuka from having sex. Really. Ostensibly, the pop star is there because she doesn't like Fuuka's lyrics having random English phrases in them and is rewriting them to not sound shitty, but the plot based reason is so that Seo wouldn't have to explain how it's even possible Yuu and Fuuka aren't having sex this entire time. Probably because Seo wants to write more disturbing side chapters where Yuu fucks each girl in the cast.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Replacement Fuuka. She's a different girl who replaced Fuuka in their band and also happens to be named Fuuka.

She's a perv.

The storyline was that the rest of the band (who live in a big house) all left the house so they were there alone. She was using this as an opportunity to have sex with Yuu, but he's the world's biggest wuss and put absolutely no moves on her at all unless she straight up takes her clothes off. So she does that, but every time this happened some other minor character would show up. Most recently, she tried again, but one of the most famous English speaking pop stars in the world showed up to their house unannounced and started living there for no real reason other than preventing Yuu and Fuuka from having sex. Really. Ostensibly, the pop star is there because she doesn't like Fuuka's lyrics having random English phrases in them and is rewriting them to not sound shitty, but the plot based reason is so that Seo wouldn't have to explain how it's even possible Yuu and Fuuka aren't having sex this entire time. Probably because Seo wants to write more disturbing side chapters where Yuu fucks each girl in the cast.

Wut...

So he's got girls throwing themselves at him in the most blatant ways imaginable and he's still a virgin?

Wut...

Trying to piece Fuuka's plot together based on chapter impressions is so much fun. None of this shit makes any fucking sense and the idea that this isn't a yonkoma is hilarious.

Angry Grimace

Wut...

So he's got girls throwing themselves at him in the most blatant ways imaginable and he's still a virgin?

Wut...

The last time we saw Koyuki, she took all of her clothes off and shoved down on a bed and begged him to have sex with her and said she'd be willing to be his secret mistress. He refused.

Fuuka Aoi has spent the last 20 chapters trying to convince him to have sex with her. He doesn't really refuse but he doesn't do anything (this one is the dumbest one because they're an official couple and it isn't a secret).

Nachi convinced Sara to show up to Yuu's bedroom in a bikini and she offered to have sex with him. He didn't even understand what she wanted.

The American pop star just shows up and takes her clothes off for flimsy reasons all the time, and he doesn't ever make a move.

The "gay character" is probably legitimately closer to getting laid by a woman than Yuu is. (the last chapter involved the gay character turning straight/bi out of the bluei so he could get with the Hedgehogs keyboardist who happens to also be his homeroom teacher, although they left school a few years prior even in storyline and he's over 18 at this point)

Seo.

Manga Sales July 24th - 30th

*1. 283,523 *,283,523 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Vol.4
*2. 275,778 *,276,555 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.29
*3. 159,120 *,567,442 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.12
*4. 143,789 *,631,660 Kingdom Vol.47
*5. 128,636 *,128,866 Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Vol.8
*6. *94,479 *,454,043 Detective Conan Vol.93
*7. *78,450 *,165,738 Giant Killing Vol.44
*8. *73,678 *,*73,678 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.10
*9. *66,946 *,242,517 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Vol.15
10. *66,103 *,*66,103 Kuubo Ibuki Vol.7

11. *62,327 *,407,864 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.27
12. *42,693 *,*44,492 Kenja no Mago Vol.4
13. *40,585 *,*40,585 Short Cake Cake Vol.6
14. *38,499 *,*38,499 Awa Koi Vol.2
15. *38,240 *,240,739 Diamond no Ace Act II Vol.8
16. *37,661 *,*54,615 Sachi-iro no One Room Vol.2
17. *35,961 *,*35,961 Ore Yome.: Ore no Yome ni Nare yo Vol.11
18. *35,322 *,*35,322 Granblue Fantasy Vol.1
19. *34,198 *,*48,278 Kakegurui Twin Vol.5
20. *34,007 *,106,123 Angel Heart 2nd Season Vol.16

21. *32,616 *,*32,616 Nietzsche-sensei: Conveni ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita Vol.7
22. *31,667 *,*31,667 Ao Ashi Vol.10
23. *29,853 *,105,691 Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Vol.6
24. *28,971 *,*28,971 Chocolate Vampire Vol.3
25. *28,722 *,*28,722 Yamikin Ushijima-kun Vol.40
26. *28,142 *,*40,200 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Vol.19
27. *27,772 *,101,456 Komi-san wa, Community-shou desu. Vol.5
28. *27,483 *,*73,559 Takane to Hana Vol.8
29. *26,993 *,*26,993 Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Vol.9
30. *26,855 *,*26,855 Anoko no, Toriko. Vol.5

31. *26,279 *,*72,150 Namaikizakari. Vol.10
32. *26,066 *,*26,066 Satsuriku no Tenshi Vol.5
33. *25,861 *,*25,861 High Score Vol.16
34. *25,399 *,*36,441 Yankee Shota to Otaku Oneesan Vol.2
35. *25,176 *,103,088 Magic Kaito Vol.5
36. *24,922 *,*24,922 Ani no Yome to Kurashiteimasu. Vol.3
37. *24,014 *,*35,889 Kakegurui Midari Vol.1
38. *23,935 *,739,674 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.11
39. *23,686 *,*23,686 Murciélago Vol.10
40. *23,347 1,168,150 Hunter x Hunter Vol.34

41. *22,675 *,*56,209 Oresama Teacher Vol.24
42. *22,346 *,*22,346 Kiniro Mosaic Vol.8
43. *22,155 *,*35,302 12-sai. Vol.12
44. *22,090 *,*22,090 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149 Vol.1 Special Edition
45. *21,500 *,*21,500 Aoharu x Kikanjuu Vol.12
46. *20,743 *,135,100 Tokyo Tarareba Musume Vol.9
47. *20,412 *,*21,379 Risou no Himo Seikatsu Vol.1
48. *19,297 *,*19,297 Futsuu no Koiko-chan Vol.5
49. *19,041 *,119,073 Gozen 0-ji, Kiss shi ni Kite yo Vol.6
50. *18,664 *,*18,664 Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Vol.6

Nordicus

Beastars 45

I've grown surprisingly fond of the manga's art style
UmSNSH3.jpg

I'm honestly bit surprised that Juno isn't immediately going the "Imma eat that rabbit bitch" route. Then again I hadn't accounted for her sense of smell.

caliph95

Beastars 45
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/pAMGMgR.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Fqkk60K.jpg[/img]
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2d5sHMj.jpg[/img]

Black Lily and White Lily 2

Sure, we needed some kind of opposition faction so that Lily's liliness wouldn't be uncontested. Though I'll be disappointed if those two aren't lilying it up behind the scenes. That chapel is a holy sanctuary, in more ways than one.

Madoka - Akemi Family Kittens (SFW doujin)
That's, uh, taking some artistic liberties with the Clara Dolls alright. I feel like Homura could've resolved this in about 2 panels with magical methods, but I appreciate her taking the time to do things correctly, if only because it meant getting more pages of her. Never really been a fan of Personal Color's Touhou works, but a few more devil doujins might sway my feelings.

upandaway

One Piece

Can't handle this.
Zeus is the nakama
. Nothing I could have done with my life would have prepared me for this development

Nozomi x Kimio 31

vRu2sic.png

something something selfie culture. I was debating who to support in the battle of the lewd likes, but then Nozomi entered the fray and made the other two redundant. Not sure if this counts as NTR for their whole showing each-other thing, but I suspect the remainder of this mini-arc will address any concerns Kimio might have.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch874

That poor tree can't catch a break.

Black Lily and White Lily ch2

Almost literally yuri heaven. I wonder how long it'll take before we see the councilors going at it as well.

Code:
[img]https://s2.postimg.org/ao6lj7qcp/lewd.jpg[/img]

She's right. Folks out to be less embarrassed by sex.

Beastars ch45

The love triangle is fully on. At least Juno didn't take a more hands-on approach.

Reminder that Juno is e name of the Roman goddess of love, who served as inspiration for the (in)famous Yuno Gasai.

Sleep tight Legosi.

Nozomi x Kimio ch31

Proof that selfies can be good sometimes. And Likes culture can be bad all the time.

My Hero Academia ch148

Dang Nighteye is pretty ripped. He wasn't the sidekick of All Might for nothing.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch55

That went pretty fast.

Shokugeki no Soma ch226

By the looks of it, they are all going to lose to Azami's team

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari ch30

I wonder what was the point of postponing this further. Does he need another power-up? Maybe some further encouragement is necessary.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ao no Flag 1-8
Definitely one of the better romance manga i've read. Yup, it's good.
Author hint about that twist is not really subtle...

Prison School 260

WE'RE REAL PRISON NOW BOYS!

Sheriff Evan's lies 13

This man is thirsty as fuck.

Beastar 45

Yeah, shit got real, and we're back to good ol school life. Juno is definitely a yandere. I mean, who go around sniffing someone to make sure she didn't have sex with her target!?
And, boy, i hope Louis is okay. I feel like his end is way too premature.

bobohoro

One Piece 874

Please let Zeus join. Something about that cloud is kinda awesome.
Would also be a fun power-up for Nami.

Shokugeki No Soma 226

Someone was on the wrong side there.
Still kinda fun battle, Tsukasa winning is obvious, but not quite sure about the other two match-ups except that one more rebel has to lose.

LeleSocho

Banned
I was thinking about this overload of "cute girls doing cute things" mangas but there is almost none "cute boys doing cute things" or even "cute people of both sex doing cute things"...
Why is that and how do you feel about it?

On a fundamental level i don't really care that much because as long as it's good stuff i'll read it but when i noticed the trend it kinda piqued my interest and arrived at the conclusion that when you actually see this stuff you'll see that almost none of the jokes or situations are determined by the sex of the protagonists making the genre potentially open for every type of character regardless if they are male or female... and yet here we are...

jman2050

I was thinking about this overload of "cute girls doing cute things" mangas but there is almost none "cute boys doing cute things" or even "cute people of both sex doing cute things"...

On a fundamental level i don't really care that much because as long as it's good stuff i'll read it but when i noticed the trend it kinda piqued my interest and arrived at the conclusion that when you actually see this stuff you'll see that almost none of the jokes or situations are determined by the sex of the protagonists making the genre potentially open for every type of character regardless if they are male or female... and yet here we are...

This is why Daily Lives of High School Boys is the best.

A shame Bomber Grape killed it as quickly as he did.

JulianImp

Mangawan actually has a series about a school club where the four main characters are boys and they spend their time fawning over their (literal) pet kittens, so you might want to check that out, I guess?

I think CBDCT series are rarer because society in general tends to favor the "girls are cute, boys are cool" way of thinking, and that also reminds me that, on the other hand, most sport shows tend to be boys-only and feature varying levels of bromance as an underlying theme.

Like, while tropes are tools, I hate how so many series tend to prioritize them to the point that they hold their plot and characters hostage. Using tropes to flesh out characters, the story or the world is fine since they make things easier to digest for the readers/watchers, but I hate it when, say, a character's tsundere trait overrides every other thing to the point the character designers make her into a blonde little girl with twintails and little fangs (ugh...).

Angry Grimace

So here is the pv for UQ Holder anime

https://youtu.be/oVALIDOhLhs

Seems solid enough... until you see the promotional art/poster they're advertising with this anime

https://m.imgur.com/iEsQ7zk

Seriously, they're advertising UQ Holder vs team Negi? Unless this is getting some long runner anime adaptation there is almost no chance this adaptation won't be a massive screw job.
It's not gonna make sense anyways. They adapted like 10% of Negima in animation.

Angry Grimace

One Piece 874

Please let Zeus join. Something about that cloud is kinda awesome.
Would also be a fun power-up for Nami.

Shokugeki No Soma 226

Someone was on the wrong side there.
Still kinda fun battle, Tsukasa winning is obvious, but not quite sure about the other two match-ups except that one more rebel has to lose.
All 3 rebels will lose.

Angry Grimace

Perfect world, a good adaptation of uq holder's early content might have sparked a good adaptation of negima to spark more adaptation if uq holder ;-; I wanted to dream damn it
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they adapt little other than the intros and then make suit up like they did with Negima.

Angry Grimace

Attack on Titan

Can we please move past this fucking endless Reiner POV

Saudades

Detective Conan 1000

First time I've reached the four-digit on any manga. That takes me back - I first read this when I was in elementary school nearly 15 years ago lol.
Too bad it's not a black org chapter tho.

Top Bottom