• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

BLack Clover

Yuno's time to shine and he looks hotter than ever, I love how he is drawn all over the chapter.

Guessing his team will win, even if Solid is after vengeance.

Promised Neverland

Okay, not surprising thered be other less ideal farms.

Owari no Serafu 60

Ky Luc knows all their diversions but I wonder what mistake will be the one that he makes, probably attacking Yu is the mistake here. Also Yu is probably going to lose it and thus cause Luc to get a bit unfocused.

kkQfMoC.jpg

Posting some glorious LN in an LN thread.

Fun enough first chapter, though it might be oddly be too benign contrasted with the author's other works, especially for certain Battleships, it's true.
Yep, read it and felt a bit sad afterwards, since I'm really not into cooking manga (I had to be force-fed Soma by a certain fire pokemon). I'll still read it at some stage on the strength of the author.

Chase17

One Piece 174
RIP Tree Baum. I'm still not too into rampaging big mom. Can't wait to see who walks in on Katakuri and co in the ship though lol.

Usopp seems low in these polls :(

My Hero Academia 148

Probably the weakest chapter of the arc since the assault started. Cool to see Nighteye fight though.

Dr. Stone 22
This series is on a roll. Great detective Suika was amazing, especially her moving around.
Senku qoute of the week:
"With the power of ramen, the village will be mine to command"

RxL 20
So the other team was indeed sandbagging. Chapter didn't really do much for me. Wonder if it will have the captain do the Tenpai thing of playing despite long term risk.

Black Clover 120
Hooray Noelle stuff. Darn Yuno stuff. I've liked Yuno more for the last couple arcs, but wasn't too into what he had going on this chapter. Though the "probably safest for me to be with the crystal" panel was funny.

The Promised Neverland 50
Yep I know Phil. Lost me after that though Emma. The "reveal" here makes sense. Nothing too surprising. Nice to get a number on the other high grade sites though.

WNL 26
Now where did we leave off last week...
We Never Learn 25
I think this is the second cliffhanger of the series. Seems like it will be tougher to back out of this revelation though. So...development!
False alarm!

HxH 367
Another really strong chapter. I love all of this mind game/information game theory stuff going on.

MHA Vigilantes 01
Not a great first chapter. I like the goofy power of the main character though. Also setting things up like MHA 01 with the bow to "all might" only for him to say no way here was funny. Hopefully this better comes into it's own in future chapters.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia Vigilantes ch1 (Viz transalation)

Only real comment since I've read it before is that I like the translation change from "gentleman" to "nice guy". It's such a dorky and plain Hero name that I like it more than Gentleman.

JulianImp

It's My Life - Day 39
I'd say I'm rather enjoying the heartwarming moments between characters. Watching Haibane Renmei at the same time makes me think all the generic gags and mood whiplash this series uses might actually be holding it back at times, but even then it's entertaining enough, and I kind of like the juxtaposition between Astra attempting to lead an uneventful and generic family life when the circumstances surrounding both Noah and him are anything but.

The latest flashback with the doctor and the captain was pretty boring due to the characters involved and how it ended in particular, but in contrast I sure wasn't prepared for Goagoa's flashback, as cheap as it might've been.

The dragonkin bros have been okay-ish (the second time they went to Astra's house was just great), but they've gotten old as of late, and so has magical trinket girl (she seriously does nothing except fawn over Noah, peddle her trinkets and sell random stuff) and Noah's "sister" being tsundere as hell for Astra's friend. Having two Noah look-alikes running amok is pretty weird since I still don't quite get what the deal with them is, but I guess things will end up getting sorted out relatively soon.

Goblin is Very Strong 7

A method for defeating Wasabi has been found... is what I want to say, but I suspect she'll be fine somehow, even with these limitations. If she's trying to win that book as a present for Mimit then I think her (one-sided) waifu's heart will explode.

Lmao. I had the same reaction.

The fuck? It'll be her own damned fault if he goes for another girl because she explicitly told him she didn't like him.

Rooting for glasses girl now.

Ogata is clearly the favorite now that she's developed the tsundere arc type.

Zweizer

Banned
Goblin Is Very Strong ch7

Mimit sure has changed. For the better I'd say, even if she can still be clumsy at times (but Wasabi should be fine, I hope).

Aki better watch herself.

Prison School ch261

Bikes seem to be made for being stolen, lol.
At least Risa's efforts weren't in vain.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch599

So they're cousins, huh.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 73
RIP guy Inosuke accidently hit.

Weird that Zenitsu is finding is courage when it comes to a high moon, but I'm down for it.

Shudan! 07-08
Yamato with the amazing handball then block. He is great as the captain character. The soccer parent dialogue is pretty funny.

I like that Atsumi is the one telling off Kamoshida, and that it is happening mid match rather than at the end. Should make the last stretch of this match more interesting.

The art in the "motion" panels are pretty well done.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch37

Jeez, this keep getting worse for them.

So we can all agree it's all Laius' fault.

Their Story ch133-138

Fresh, crispy potstickers with thin crust are incredible. At least they're a good sport about it, though that shorty needs to chill.

Being alone sure is lonely. At least they aren't lonely alone.

Happy Sugar Life ch19-19.5

Sato is extremely pure about her love, which is kinda what makes her so messed up. At least she can be a good, helpful role model on the meaning of love depending on the circumstances. Just got to be aware of the risks on your own health it might bring.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch600

It's not about the journey, it's about the result, or something.

Yuki to Sumi ch2

It's kind of a miracle she was able to maintain her image this long considering how useless she is at pretty much everything.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch32.5

Poor lion can't catch a break.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi 37
Holy shit, this chapter is up above the previous one in so many level. The stake is as high as ever, and the cliffhanger is too good.

Fire punch 62-63

FUCKING TIME SKIP. Yeah, if someone ever told me that fire punch is predictable, i bet they are lying. No way anyone can predict this shit. nope, not even the author.

barber

Color me impressed with HxH continuing. Expected it to have an hiatus already.
Noblesse 471 - Welp, that was a pretty much failure of a fight "super mega werewolf". You really were the most stupid bad guy in existance. Let's see what is gonna happen next episode.

dramatis

Dungeon Meshi 37

Laius you are a complete mess if your first thought is that your sister "looks so cool" like that

And we're not getting a new chapter until October?!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dungeon Meshi ch. 37

"She looks so cool ..." A) of course this would be his first reaction and B) if my boy Kuro's hurt, she's actually gotta go though.

Mediking

Anybody else getting ads for really weird and tryhard edgy manga/webtoons???

Literally just read a bizarre webtoon ad of a guy who loves a girl... who is also loved by his dad. The music was super edgy and the paneling of scenes was like, "edgelord city" Lol

Literally just read a bizarre webtoon ad of a guy who loves a girl... who is also loved by his dad. The music was super edgy and the paneling of scenes was like, "edgelord city" Lol

What type of sites have you been searching for on your browser to get suggest that lol?!

Damn Mediking you might give Zweister a run for his money on the kinky manga fetish

Mediking

What type of sites have you been searching for on your browser to get suggest that lol?!

Damn Mediking you might give Zweister a run for his money on the kinky manga fetish

I'm not ashamed... but I don't wanna get banned so...

*wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Still though, tryhard manga ads are very cringe. Lol please don't zoom in on a cool panel and expect the reader not to feel it's over-dramatic.

Mediking

How can comic paneling be edgy?

I wish I can find a link to the ad I'm referring to. Imagine how Tite Kubo does cool paneling and directing in Bleach but every panel is turned up to 100.

And I say edgy as in overly dramatic.

Guys from Bakuman are masters at subtle emotion. Something that manga/webtoon ad needs to take inspiration from.

Qurupeke

Dungeon Meshi latest

Holy shit. The series has taken a much darker turn than I expected. Also, Farlyn did look cool. A dragon chimera, damn.

Talentless Nana 4
This is a bad matchup. We're talking Ivan Ooze levels of bad matchups here. At this point I'm genuinely unsure whether Kyouya is completely onto her, or whether it's just his naturally hostile demeanour talking. Each of the talents having a drawback (and Nana having to solve + exploit them) makes them a bit more interesting. For now, she needs to target someone who's more flammable.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 32.5

If this is leading into an arc where lion challenges that impala to a boxing match then god help us all.

jitsu wa watashi wa 182

Oh god, she didn't know. Even when everyone else clearly did. Hilarious.

Anyway, Genjirou joining the enemy isn't good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
OPMurata used to be highly experimental and cutting edge, now he just draws hot babes who look like Fubuki and caricatures for the male characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch182

Mikan is the best. Poor senpai though, getting bullied like that. RIP Mr. Shiragami.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch88

He's enthusiastic at least, even if he's not the sharpest knife around, to say the least. Chiyo learned a good lesson this time.

Love Tyrant ch46.2

She's an ambitious one at least. She better gets her name into the Kiss Note fast however, if she wants to stay alive.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch60

What a flashy and troublesome family these two are.

Getting a power-up from sniffing the striped sock of her beloved nets her the Battleship™ seal of approval.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch601

So much could be solved if they were more honest.

Konya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine ch13

I was wondering what was the purpose of this chapter but apparently the series switched publications and it's serving as an introduction of sorts. Hanazono really is popular, huh.

AKB49 ch224

What a caring senpai. Doing haigure as a farewell sign is, uh, original.

Top Bottom