• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Oh man the card for the first Champion's Carnival show is out. I'm so excited for this tournament, its hoss central plus Miyahara. And Dory Funk Jr of course.

Doering vs Sekimoto is a hell of a match for old Joe.

How do you actually watch AJPW and keep up with it?

aa64bb0829.png

More in depth thoughts on Champions Carnival Day 1:

Kengo Mashimo vs. The Bodygaaaaaaaa could be surprisingly good. Heel on heel won't necessarily be great, but Mashimo should be able to pull something out of The Bodygaaaaaaaaaa.

Nomura vs Hashimoto is the battle of young lions going in different directions. Hashimoto has disappointed, while Nomura has slightly more momentum even though he hasn't done much this year. It will be full of stiff kicks.

THE BIG DAWG Shuji Ishikawa vs. SUWAMA should be a slobber knocker in the best ways. Ishikawa is low key one of the best in the world. SUWAMA might not ever get back to his pre-injury state, but he looks better than he did during the match against Miyahara.

Assuming KAI isn't doing his shitty jumping jacks and his Onita tribute/Ambrose wannabe act, the match with Zeus could be really good.

Doering vs. Sekimoto should be the best match on the card, a hard hitting hoss fest.

Miyahara vs. Lee is the current ace against the potential future ace, and it'll be interesting to see if they might build to a NEXTREME explodes angle from this.

klonere

Banned
More in depth thoughts on Champions Carnival Day 1:

Kengo Mashimo vs. The Bodygaaaaaaaa could be surprisingly good. Heel on heel won't necessarily be great, but Mashimo should be able to pull something out of The Bodygaaaaaaaaaa.

Nomura vs Hashimoto is the battle of young lions going in different directions. Hashimoto has disappointed, while Nomura has slightly more momentum even though he hasn't done much this year. It will be full of stiff kicks.

THE BIG DAWG Shuji Ishikawa vs. SUWAMA should be a slobber knocker in the best ways. Ishikawa is low key one of the best in the world. SUWAMA might not ever get back to his pre-injury state, but he looks better than he did during the match against Miyahara.

Assuming KAI isn't doing his shitty jumping jacks and his Onita tribute/Ambrose wannabe act, the match with Zeus could be really good.

Doering vs. Sekimoto should be the best match on the card, a hard hitting hoss fest.

Miyahara vs. Lee is the current ace against the potential future ace, and it'll be interesting to see if they might build to a NEXTREME explodes angle from this.

Reading through all this, nodding my head in agreement until you position Jake fucking Lee as a potential future ace

cmon

CMON

Reading through all this, nodding my head in agreement until you position Jake fucking Lee as a potential future ace

cmon

CMON

Uncle Jun and company apparently see something in Jake Lee, and I appreciate that they're looking to build up someone else so they're not completely reliant on Miyahara.

And before we say Zeus, let's remember that Zeus is 35.

Oh cool, there's a load of old Joshi stuff. Thanks!

Also dumb question, is a little behind on stuff? I don't see 2017 stuff, or is all the stuff not in folders the 2017 stuff?

The RHA is organized by company, and it really depends on when the shows air in Japan. The Dragon Gate stuff is usually on a bit of a delay since you could pay to see them on Niconico. If something doesn't get broadcast on Japanese TV, the odds that they get uploaded drop.

The RHA is organized by company, and it really depends on when the shows air in Japan. The Dragon Gate stuff is usually on a bit of a delay since you could pay to see them on Niconico. If something doesn't get broadcast on Japanese TV, the odds that they get uploaded drop.

What I mean is the stuff under for example All Japan, is what's not sorted yet is the new stuff?

Also what's a good place to start with All Japan, Big Japan etc.? Just jump in.

Thanks for this, should keep me busy for a while!

What I mean is the stuff under for example All Japan, is what's not sorted yet is the new stuff?

It's a shared drive, so maybe someone else sorted it oddly? I usually click to sort by name, and it brings the previous years' folders to the top and then the latest shows on the bottom.

I'd wait and start All Japan with the Champion Carnival, but if you want a taste, I can point you to the AJPW matches I saw last year: https://wrestlingwiththoughts.tumblr.com/tagged/AJPW

For Big Japan, I'd try the 3/5/17 show, which has a bunch of deathmatches, a good six man tag with the hisses, and a really good match with Daisuke Sekimoto and Hideki Suzuki.

klonere

Banned
Uncle Jun and company apparently see something in Jake Lee, and I appreciate that they're looking to build up someone else so they're not completely reliant on Miyahara.

And before we say Zeus, let's remember that Zeus is 35.

I trust Uncle Jun but Jake Lee just hasn't improved enough to be ace material. A fine midcard utility guy but not Triple Crown champ.

I guess we have to hope this new young guys are really fucking good. Maybe they'll have BJW Nomura to rely on in a few years, if he isn't scooped up elsewhere.

I would recommend watching all of Miyahara's title defenses.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=5&nr=24&page=5&reign=55

Match the dates with the stuff in the archive. It'll obviously be the main event so just skip to the end of each video.

If you want full shows check out the Jr. Battle of Glory stuff that just happened:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiU1QxYVpxR09JX2c (Opening show)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7MshERNRCoWMEFLaTFBZW9nOTQ (Finals)

If you want the long, weird and wonderful culmination of AJPW's recovery you can watch the Sumo Hall show they put on last year. It's not packed full of classics, its more of a variety show with a fantastic tag titles match between The Big Guns and Strong BJ as well as Miyahara/Suwama which was much better than it had any right to be.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiia21PaEM4bGc3eGc

Zach

I try to appreciate what Randy Orton does, but it just never lasts. Dude either looks like a goof or bores me to sleep 90% of the time.

Menome

My thoughts on Randy Orton from the distant past of 2015:

I don't know how much Randy Orton's been over-pushed throughout the years (As it's WWE, I'm going to guess at "a lot") but I don't find there to be anything particularly wrong with him. I see him as probably the best baseline "I'm a wrestler and I want the belt" guy on the main roster.

He does seem to lack some actual character, but gets by on pure charisma levels. I don't love the guy, but I certainly don't resent him either.

EDIT: Also, he's well fit.

Zach

I'm talking through 2008 mostly. He's pretty vanilla. I mean, he tries not to be, but he is.

Ooooh. Cornette's fun to listen to. That could be entertaining.

klonere

Banned
Cornette isn't going to say shit, he knows that he needs to stay on brand and on message if he wants anymore comfortable paydays like this in the future. He's just a fucking carny boys, nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect him to go on a diatribe on how Vince Jr. killed the business or Hulk Hogan is a massive racist or whatever.

Cornette isn't going to say shit, he knows that he needs to stay on brand and on message if he wants anymore comfortable paydays like this in the future. He's just a fucking carny boys, nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect him to go on a diatribe on how Vince Jr. killed the business or Hulk Hogan is a massive racist or whatever.
slap-o.gif

Menome

I've come to the conclusion that flat-earthers like Shaq are only saying so in order to get a free spaceflight, to be shown that the Earth is round. Crafty bastards.

Luschient

Fuck yeah, I might actually watch the HOF this year. Would also love to see Cornette back in a manager role. Not sure who he'd be a good fit for right now tho'.

Top Bottom