• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Just spitballing here, but it's possible that they're passing off The Temple as a "dank, dingy dungeon" because they're filming in a shitty warehouse with concrete floors, temporary seating, and a shoestring lighting budget. Something to think about, friends.
Lol heel. Yet probably true

Vylash

Just spitballing here, but it's possible that they're passing off The Temple as a "dank, dingy dungeon" because they're filming in a shitty warehouse with concrete floors, temporary seating, and a shoestring lighting budget. Something to think about, friends.

Friend Heel, if we took a look into the basement of the awful looking arena that TNA films in, do you think we'd find Lucha Underground's set? I think this warrants further investigation

you're right, lucha underground's parallels to bdsm are numerous

scabro

turning #chickenshit into #chickensalad

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still looks better than the old Impact Zone. Don't know about the new Impact Zone.

I'm still not getting into LU until I can get it in English legally. I can and have watched a bit in Spanish.

Heel

I actually kind of hope Lucha Underground sees some success, so The Temple Gods can "grant them light" one day, or "banish them from The Temple" to The Convention Hall, where people actually pay for tickets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kevin Dunn would never demonstrate that sort of ingenuity or artistry though. #firedunn #dunndeal

01.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He tells people he's humble--proceeds to tweet the shit out of the piece of crap he took six months to make (seriously) with his daddy's money. Claims "I just put it out there and organically see how it does, to foster discussion" and promotes it heavily with his dad's money. Decides "how will this get people to pay attention? Hmm... Let's make GIRLS star in it! Wrestling fans aren't used to those!"

Dude is a turd. Moreso than WWE says Bryan is.

He tells people he's humble--proceeds to tweet the shit out of the piece of crap he took six months to make (seriously) with his daddy's money. Claims "I just put it out there and organically see how it does, to foster discussion" and promotes it heavily with his dad's money. Decides "how will this get people to pay attention? Hmm... Let's make GIRLS star in it! Wrestling fans aren't used to those!"

blood money

JL_bird.jpg

scabro

wow, max landis sounds like a genuinely nice and respectful dude.

i hope to see more of his stuff in the future

There's another way of reacting to things than deriding the circumstances of their production. 'Took six months to make, with his dad's money, he's got the gall to promote it' are all irrelevant to whether the video is actually any good or not.

Also, the thing about using girls to play the wrestlers is probably the only stand out thing about the video, and whether you are deeply insulted that you were successfully played by that, or whether you think it's a fun inversion which makes it more entertaining to watch, it's definitely not the dumbest thing he could have done. Can you imagine the likes of Patton Oswalt, Seth Green or whatever male nerd comedians/actors he could rustle up playing those roles? Would've been much worse.

I don't know anything about Max Landis except what was in that 20 odd minute video. It was a well produced, entertaining half hour show. Who cares about all this under the hood based hatred.

I'm just throwing that out there. Every time I make a wrestling related post I remember towards the end that this wrestling fanhood of mine is just a compulsive behaviour I'm using to fill in some holes that were left when I excised a few real addictions last year, and within a few months I'm gonna wake up and probably not waste much time on it again.

But in the meantime, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is fine.

Kaladin

I've been thinking lately....

With the massive success of NXT, could WWE have captured that same success if they had paid Florida Championship Wrestling the same level of attention?

It's product was similarly praised by anyone who saw it, but you had to pirate episodes in order to watch them if you didn't live in a small area of Florida.

Same goes for OVW when they had it as developmental....

So you're crying because he's promoting his video that he put a lot of time into, and cast girls as the wrestlers?

tumblr_mdygkwgC6o1rk5wnbo2_400.gif

somedevil

Oh TNA:

WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that TNA announced a new DVD set titled "The Best of Sting" on Monday, perhaps as a way to capitalize off his WrestleMania 31 buzz. The $17.99 DVD was also listed on the ShopTNA website for pre-order and scheduled for an April 1st release.

Its just like that best of CM Punk dvd after his pipe bomb promo.

Vylash

I've been thinking lately....

With the massive success of NXT, could WWE have captured that same success if they had paid Florida Championship Wrestling the same level of attention?

It's product was similarly praised by anyone who saw it, but you had to pirate episodes in order to watch them if you didn't live in a small area of Florida.

Same goes for OVW when they had it as developmental....
fuck no, the era of Johnny Ace as the head of talent relations was garbage, no way they could do shit with him signing the worst people possible

Kaladin

fuck no, the era of Johnny Ace as the head of talent relations was garbage, no way they could do shit with him signing the worst people possible

they had some names in that time, and some great stuff, like when Heyman booked OVW, or when they had Seth Rollins in FCW.

Carnby

Amen. You nailed it. Max "no arms" Landis resorted to cheap heat for hits.

What is so great about Brock re-signing is that he will be 100% the crowd favorite in that match. If Vince tries to make Wrestlemania a coronation for Reigns the fans are absolutely going to shit all over him.

When Brock was looking like he was out the door Vince at least had a chance for a WM 20 type backlash against Brock but that won't happen now.

Brock absolutely has to beat Reigns or the show will be trending for all the wrong reasons. I do think the fans would also be accepting of a Seth Rollins cash in but he is so bad on the Mic I think he would struggle as the top guy, maybe putting him with Heyman would work.

Parts of Ace's time were legitimately terrible, like how he went about recruiting female talent, but Johnny was also running developmental on like 10% of the resources that NXT has. Getting guys as good as Kofi, John Morrison, etc out of that program is honestly something of an accomplishment.

What is so great about Brock re-signing is that he will be 100% the crowd favorite in that match. If Vince tries to make Wrestlemania a coronation for Reigns the fans are absolutely going to shit all over him.

They'll still watch. And get the next PPV.

It's like nobody remembers last month. "Bryan's facing Reigns! Bryan's gonna win! Mania Repeat!" Hell, they even did it a month before that too. "Bryan's back at the Rumble! Bryan's gonna win! Mania Repeat!"

Reigns conquers all, and the best part of it is people keep pretending they don't see it coming.

When Brock was looking like he was out the door Vince at least had a chance for a WM 20 type backlash against Brock but that won't happen now.

Brock absolutely has to beat Reigns or the show will be trending for all the wrong reasons. I do think the fans would also be accepting of a Seth Rollins cash in but he is so bad on the Mic I think he would struggle as the top guy, maybe putting him with Heyman would work.

Rollins is one of the better mic guys they have right now. That isn't saying much but I don't know why people single him out as being bad.

Also I don't think a Rollins cash-in sounds remotely satisfying either on Sunday or Monday. It just isn't time.

EDIT:

Or I mean, do it, but have him still lose. You have to do it pretty soon anyway, right? Is MITB the PPV right after Wrestlemania or is there one in between?

Top Bottom