• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marihuana users... read this, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

So glad to hear the weed connoisseurs of GAF won't touch Mexican weed. I've lived in Arizona and Texas, border states, and I hate seeing people light up because you know where that weed came from.

Though I question this conceived notion that just because your weed was grown domestically, it was grown and distributed by peaceful ageing hippies. Drug violence and dealing gangs exist on this side of the border too.

joelseph

Have to throw a flag on the play here.

Sure, mexico doesn't 100% only make shitty weed. But shitty weed has the highest markup, and is the better product to sale that provides them with the best profit. No one, in droves, is paying for primo mexican weed. I'd like to see any Mexican weed -- for illegal sale -- that is comparable to award winning weed, or hell, at least close. Now sure, it will be a penis waving of how good of a hookup X person has, but X person only has that hookup. And its not exactly a nationwide hookup/or demand for premium priced mexican weed.

flag.

Throw whatever you want. You only associate "brick" weed with Mexico and you associate "dank" with the Emerald Triangle or wherever else has been ingrained in your brain. You can and do smoke "dank" from Mexico and other countries worldwide but in your mind it could not possibly be for some made up reason.

Oppo

Throw whatever you want. You only associate "brick" weed with Mexico and you associate "dank" with the Emerald Triangle or wherever else has been ingrained in your brain. You can and do smoke "dank" from Mexico and other countries worldwide but in your mind it could not possibly be for some made up reason.

fascinating. what else do we think, that we don't know we think?

You claimed that the quality of weed will decrease if it becomes legalized did you not?
Sorry, my post may have been written poorly or unclear. I meant that demand for weed based on cost will exist, so naturally some businesses will fill that demand and produce low-quality stuff. I was responding to this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55267172&postcount=173

where it was suggested that certain people will always demand "cartel weed" because it's cheap, rather than the fact that people want cheap weed because... it's cheap. Same reason people choose GPC cigs vs... parliament or whatever.

commedieu

Banned

Hey, I feel like you're not addressing the problem with premium mexican weed. Where is the demand for it? I've bought a myriad of drugs from mexico. Weed is not their strong suite, and SURE, sure, you can find good weed in mexico. But its not what is being shipped by the ton to america and being sold. Their premium quality is inherently going to be expensive to make, a large amount of customers are fine buying brick, at shitty weed prices, and that is not quality weed. Hell, its barely quality cocaine.

I understand how plants grow. You can grow anything anywhere, climate allowing. I also understand not taking time and money required to make a quality product, when its not a requirement of your customer base.

You have some issue with associations you're projecting on me, or something. But that aside, Mexican weed that cartels sell to masses is garbage. Why are you in a rush to associate premium quality weed with mexico? Or some how highlight it more than the bullshit sold..?

Oppo

BC bud is better than other bud.

But what if, hypothetically mind you, I've had this bud, and indeed thought it superior? All in my head?

I sort of get your point, but there are variations to weather in parts of the world that make growing certain things easier/stronger. Same as wine.

cdyhybrid

Why the ban?

I. Membership and Admissions

A. NeoGAF operates under a closed membership policy. Membership is granted or refused based solely on the judgment of the administration and is not a right. Membership can be revoked at any time for any reason. Each accepted member is granted one, and only one, username. If you are caught using multiple usernames, you will be subject to immediate and permanent banning of all accounts involved. If you wish to change your username, simply notify an administrator via Private Message (though bear in mind that frequent changes will be frowned upon).

Hale-XF11

Not my problem.

I've already done my part in trying to get it legalized and regulated. Since my representatives refuse to represent me and get the job done, that leaves me with no say in the matter whatsoever. My state doesn't have ballot initiative either, so no luck there either. I'm not going to stop smoking weed just because it's illegal either. I believe in total sovereignty over my own body, regardless of what the law states.

Mr. Robot

WTF? i read the first page and was expecting to see a thread about the relation of american drug usage with the cartels violence, but i jumped to the sixth page and it is now about the quality of marijuana...

commedieu

Banned
WTF? i read the first page and was expecting to see a thread about the relation of american drug usage with the cartels violence, but i jumped to the sixth page and it is now about the quality of marijuana...

OP's issues were sorta solved on page 1. When you factor in how America deals with its own problems, poverty, starvation, and drug abuse... you can see how problems outside of the border aren't really paramount.

Quality of marijuana is in relation to the quality of plant a cartel could produce, and whether it would be a viable competitor in a fair and legal marketplace. Weed makes a large chunk of cartel revenue. So if its gone, it will create a void. Some are saying cartels will just turn legal, others are saying they will try to ramp up heroin, etc.. kidnappings to make it up.

Kinda dont need to freak out...

Daingurse

Not my problem.

I've already done my part in trying to get it legalized and regulated. Since my representatives refuse to represent me and get the job done, that leaves me with no say in the matter whatsoever. My state doesn't have ballot initiative either, so no luck there either. I'm not going to stop smoking weed just because it's illegal either. I believe in total sovereignty over my own body, regardless of what the law states.

My weed comes from dispenseries, but still this.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Asimov was the guy with ,phil fish as his av? who then turned out to be an alt of an already banned annoying gaf poster?? gafception!!

Beaulieu

OP makes good points
I wonder if the stuff I smoke up in canada is from mexico. I know most of it isnt but I couldnt say that 100% isnt.

Hale-XF11

So is Marihuana alt for Marijuana?

marihuana-weed-with-roots-in-hell.jpg

So basically, it's weed with roots in hell that you shoot with a needle, but leads to some pretty wild parties.

My weed comes from dispenseries, but still this.

Lucky you, I don't even know where mine comes from.

Hunter S.

No, I meant just about anything people smoke comes from inside the state. They aren't trafficing south border brown bud up here for us.

When I purchase pure colorado kush, I know I'm buying a quality product. Had sown and grown, like God intended. There's a good feeling knowing my purchase stays in the local economy. But I smoke it because it tastes good, like America used to.
I was furthering your statement by stating there is so much local Colorado grown weed here there is a surplus of it. I agree with both of your posts.

Mr. Robot

Not my problem.

I agree even though i don't drink and don't do any kind of drugs, and im from Mexico and live in one of the most dangerous cities in the border.
Just let people do whatever they want with their bodies, but make it legal to keep better control of the stuff.

IMO, the only way to fight Mexicos situation is through education, not prohibition, mexican kids look up to the narco culture, the same way that american kids do to thug culture, couple that with a big part of society being in poverty and the corruption and you get to where we are today...

So is Marihuana alt for Marijuana?
it is the spanish word for Marijuana, a transparent word if you will, and since we are on the subject, "alcohol" is one too.

besada

Banned
<- Not a part of the problem.

/straightedge

Not a guarantee. The Zetas, at least, have diversified into legitimate businesses to launder their money, in both the U.S. and Mexico. They've made a small fortune with coal in Mexico, so the OP is likely using electricity created from coal that lines the Zetas pockets. The rest of us may or may not be buying from Zeta owned companies -- they own restaurants, laundries, car lots, etc. Any place that makes a good money laundering organization has likely been considered by the cartels.

CTE

Yeah. Certain areas like Washington, California, Oregon, British Columbia, and Colorado are places that basically 100% of the bud sold is grown there or in one of the neighboring areas. For example, you might find Cali bud in Ore. or BC Bud in Washington, but you would have a VERY hard time selling anything sourced from Mexico around those areas. I do admit we're spoiled around these parts with selection and ability to pick and choose.

Hell, in Vancouver we have brand names emerging for growers already. JT Trees(Best for Indicas IMO), Heavenly Daze(Best Sativas and great shatter), Dab City Labs, Green Goddess, Vanganics, Green King, VIP, and SJ to name a few.

Not a guarantee. The Zetas, at least, have diversified into legitimate businesses to launder their money, in both the U.S. and Mexico. They've made a small fortune with coal in Mexico, so the OP is likely using electricity created from coal that lines the Zetas pockets. The rest of us may or may not be buying from Zeta owned companies -- they own restaurants, laundries, car lots, etc. Any place that makes a good money laundering organization has likely been considered by the cartels.

Yes but more importantly, annoying squares make other people want to get high.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You mean marijuana users in the southern part of the U.S.?

Because I'm Canadian, so my weed money more than likely goes to an old hippy pacifist with a gray ponytail.

Tetra-9

Here to represent for the crowd that can be 99% sure it ain't from Mexico. Haven't even seen any of that crap around for a long, long time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wait.. what are you talking about? I thought we were talking about medical weed being available to Californites.

ohh, ok. i saw the marijuana intiatives on the recent ballot, and thought i had not only missed the voting somehow, but that it got approved without me knowing about it at all

People who think they aren't buying weed imported from or through Mexico just because they are buying "the good shit" are fooling themselves. Unless you grow it yourself, you don't have any idea.

I have lots of ex-pat friends in Latin America. The market has changed. "Ditch weed" still exists, but sophisticated strains are in high demand and supply as well.

Consider they fact that COLUMBIA is now back as a major player...in the WEED game. Why? Cause there are now a helluva lot more hipsters willing to spend $150/quarter on some kind bud than there are people who want to jam a few grams of coke up their nose.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Not my problem.

That your choice, and your choice is a shitty one who hurts millions of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom