• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario vs. DK2 Friend Code Thread (DS)

dyls

Toss 'em up, boys. And seeing as how Gaffers seem to just know everything about how games should be made, I'm expecting some excellent levels. I'll update this post with some of the consesus best.

friend codes so far:

1203 3821 4596 dyls
1804 6771 0085 Mejilan
5111 8024 3718 Bartman
0687 9853 9867 Rob G
3350 8663 4971 Jeff AMN

2277 1245 3245 MegaByte
4854 1042 9099 Taddpoll
0430 2892 8269 David TMK
4038 0615 4402 billysea
1418 1334 8148 SpeedRazor

3136 1204 6004 ppx
1632 8819 6300 The Link
2234 1805 9759 Rex
0172 5976 7238 Akia
0559 1437 4502 Earl

4897 0719 0396 Chad

Remember to Sync once you have added all friend codes

Also, demi's site is up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So you're the only one to get it so far? I hope some people will still be online when I get this later (after Castlevania).

dyls

Fuzzy said:
So you're the only one to get it so far? I hope some people will still be online when I get this later (after Castlevania).

Apparently :( I just want to make sure no one lets IGN's bullshit review affect their purchase, this game is goodness incarnate. I'll start putting up levels myself as soon as I've unlocked some more stuff.

Tarazet

I got it, but I don't have a good solution for playing online yet. After I move out next month I will have a way.

Nester

dyls said:
Apparently :( I just want to make sure no one lets IGN's bullshit review affect their purchase, this game is goodness incarnate. I'll start putting up levels myself as soon as I've unlocked some more stuff.

I'm picking it up later tonight if I can make it to Best Buy on time.

How many levels can you upload, and do you have to be online at the same time as someone else to share levels, or can they login at anytime to see what levels you've uploaded and download them whenever?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I picked mine up on Monday and posted my friend code that night, in another thread. I've updated Demi's page now.

I believe you can upload up to 8 levels at once, and download up to 24 at once. Also, it seems like you can download your friends' levels even when they're not online. All they need to do is periodically upload theirs to the WFC servers by "synchronizing", and they'll be made available to you as well (assuming you've exchanged friend codes with them). Nintendo also offers up their own levels for download (free) to anyone.

Mejilan
1804 6771 0085

dyls

SpeedRazor said:
I'm picking it up later tonight if I can make it to Best Buy on time.

How many levels can you upload, and do you have to be online at the same time as someone else to share levels, or can they login at anytime to see what levels you've uploaded and download them whenever?

You can upload up to 8 levels in a single Wifi session (although you my have to upload them one by one.) You can save up to 24 including other players' levels. Once you've uploaded the levels and synchronized the friends' list, your levels are available at any time to you friends.

Each person has their own page of uploaded levels which you can choose from. I believe the top screen shows a static preview of the level, which is nice.

edit: beaten. I'm adding you Mejilan.

Tarazet

Game's not bad, but I came in expecting a Lemmings-like game and what I got was something fundamentally different.

Lemmings:

- Large stages
- Slow pace
- Up to 80-100 lemmings
- Lemmings are self-propelling
- Lemmings perform operations to make their way to the finish
- The only goal is to get a certain %age of lemmings to the goal
- You frequently need to sacrifice some lemmings so others will survive

MvDK2:

- Small, busy stages
- Quick and responsive
- 2-5 mini-Marios
- You direct Minis to start, stop, and turn with the stylus
- You rearrange the stage yourself to make it passable by the Minis
- Each stage has a score to reach, based on collectibles and bonuses
- Generally, you need to save all of your Minis to earn a medal, though you just need all the cards to unlock the boss

I like the fact that time is a factor in your score. Lemmings was such that you only needed to get everything done before time expired. MvDK2 encourages you to first experiment at your own pace, then replay patiently in search of the fastest way to the finish and, hence, the highest score. It's every speedrunner's wet dream - when you set everything in motion and you have three Minis all doing different things, it's really terrific.

5111-8024-3718

Go for it, I currently have two levels uploaded to the network.

Seriously, add me, I want more levels to pick from.

SumGamer

I've added everyone with FC in this thread. I have several map up for a grab. Feel free to comment/criticize. My FC: 0687 9853 9867.

BTW people, don't be put off by the review the game is pretty fun and the construction mode is very appealing. I've spent more time in Construction mode than the game itself :lol Now I have to earn enough gold medal to unlock the secret!!

linsivvi

sonarrat said:
I like the fact that time is a factor in your score. Lemmings was such that you only needed to get everything done before time expired. MvDK2 encourages you to first experiment at your own pace, then replay patiently in search of the fastest way to the finish and, hence, the highest score. It's every speedrunner's wet dream - when you set everything in motion and you have three Minis all doing different things, it's really terrific.

To get a gold medal, you would need to finish the stage in a perfect chain (i.e. all mini-Marios enter the exit one after the other), and you have not delliberately stopped any mini-Marios (it's fine if the minis are stopped by obstacles). It's not necessary to collect all coins, and time doesn't really matter that much, as it only affects a tiny fraction of your final score.

The biggest problem is sometimes you do not mean to stop the minis, but they were stopped anyway if you pointed the stylus slightly off, especially in the heat of the action.

Tarazet

linsivvi said:
To get a gold medal, you would need to finish the stage in a perfect chain (i.e. all mini-Marios enter the exit one after the other), and you have not delliberately stopped any mini-Marios (it's fine if the minis are stopped by obstacles). It's not necessary to collect all coins, and time doesn't really matter that much, as it only affects a tiny fraction of your final score.

The biggest problem is sometimes you do not mean to stop the minis, but they were stopped anyway if you pointed the stylus slightly off, especially in the heat of the action.

I hear you re: unintentionally stopping the minis.. or unintentionally pulling a platform out from under your gold mini-Mario, killing it. Oops.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm still fooling around with mechanics... Bound Hi is just a silly test level, but you might like it.

taddpoll

Bartman, I love your puzzles, man!

Great job. I DL'd them all, showed them to my bro (who was amused) and am now in the process of creating some more. My " #1 " is a beginner, but stay tuned for #2,#3. I'm not that great at this yet, but I'll press on. Later!:) :D :lol

linsivvi said:

that's the problem? I was wondering where this other 5000 points was going to come from on some of the levels. damn.

haven't made any yet, but I haven't tried either. Can I d/l levels if I add a person, or do I have to be in a friend list for that?

DDayton

I notice that relatively few of us have levels up for download.

I do wish we could download more than a single level at a time.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
DavidDayton said:
I notice that relatively few of us have levels up for download.

Guilty. I uh... logged online all of once to get my friend code. I haven't booted up the game since. :/

OK apparently my Friend Code is:

And my name on there is Rex.

So, is this just my friend code for MvDK, or will I use this one with all my NWFC game?

Oh God dammit. I posted in the wrong MvDK thread. And *I* started the other one. >_<

Harukio

I have 5 levels made and I'd really like to play some other peoples' (and have people play mine). Oh and just so you know, two of them are a bit silly.
My code is:

I added & synched everyone here, if I don't see any levels from you in like 2 weeks, I'm taking ya off, I hate having dead friend codes clogging up my system :lol

Sanjuro

I loved the first game so much I didnt think I would enjoy a change in the gameplay.

This game is on par if not better. Friend code coming soon.

Just added everyone in this thread. Hoping there's some great levels to download.

My code is 0559 1437 4502 and known as Earl. I've just put up 4 levels to try out as well. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Dragmire

Chad - 4897 0719 0396

I've added everyone here, please add me also.
I have one level so far and it's very cleverly designed IMO.

Added you Dragmire. Just checked out Chain as well. Nice idea but it's a little too unforgiving when trying to get the nonstop bonus. I just couldn't juggle the 3 Marios and flick the appropriate switch without one of them getting killed. Maybe if there was more room between the yellow blocks on the 2nd floor it would have been a little easier, just seems to be very little margin for error. Plays well when you're not going for the big score though.

I've got 4 levels up at the moment, with a further 3 to go up later today. Just unlocked the lava kit and have a great idea for a level, hopefully it'll go up today.

Incidently, I've added everyone here and only 1 has actually added me back. Come on people, I've got some good levels to share.

Dragmire

I played your levels. You're Earl, right? The fire level is awesome. I liked them all. Thanks for adding me.

I'm still working on making non-stop bonuses easier. I wasn't really worried about it when I made those levels, I just wanted to try some ideas. My next idea will use the non-stop bonus.

Thanks mate, glad you liked them. :) I think Fire Bad is the one I'm most proud of, took a while though.

I don't think I bothered too much about the nonstop bonuses at first either. It was only after playing the main game for a while that I realised that's where the challenge lies. Still, a good level is a good level, with or without the nonstop. Can't wait to see your new creations, let me know when they're up.

Dragmire

Chibbi Brady, why did you get rid of your old levels? I still have them saved, but I'm just curious. They were perfectly good levels. The new ones are cool, though. That Murray level was tricky.

I have two new levels up: Separate and Magneato. I think I got a lot of cool ideas into these two levels. And you can get a no-stop bonus in both of them.

DDayton

I need to add you new folks so you can try my weird levels.

Perhaps I could do it right now...

(works)

Okay. Everyone new added. Try my levels... especially...er... Royalty?

Dragmire

I tried your levels, DavidDayton. You really like springs. :D I like the top part in Royalty where you have those walking flames that you have to try and jump over. Very tough.

Dragmire said:
Chibbi Brady, why did you get rid of your old levels? I still have them saved, but I'm just curious. They were perfectly good levels. The new ones are cool, though. That Murray level was tricky.

I have two new levels up: Separate and Magneato. I think I got a lot of cool ideas into these two levels. And you can get a no-stop bonus in both of them.

I just synched the 3 new ones, I had to get rid of one or two so I could make some new levels. Actually, there are ones I have that you probably haven't played. I'll upload all 8 later. Murray is a bit of a head wrecker to get gold on, it's very possible though, you just need to figure it out. :)

Can't wait to try out your new levels, it'll be a few hours though.

Thanks for adding me David, I'll check out your levels soon. Have a go at Murray and see if you can get gold. I show up as Earl.

Dragmire

I put one up early this morning called DieMario. Probably my favorite one I've done so far. Unfortunately the name Mario Must Die wouldn't fit, so...

DDayton

Dragmire said:
I tried your levels, DavidDayton. You really like springs. :D I like the top part in Royalty where you have those walking flames that you have to try and jump over. Very tough.

Well, I've been playing with game mechanics. One of my levels is, well, autocompleting... another one can be beaten with a single stroke of the stylus, although you need to know WHEN to make that stroke.

The rest are actually somewhat normal.

manji

Manji - 4682 3279 6120

Just beat the single w/ all silvers, now going for the gold :D
(23 so far)

Definitely add me, I wouldn't mind seeing what others are up to...

Top Bottom