• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel and ABC developing another spin-off show around Peggy Carter (Captain America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I'll watch it. I enjoyed her character in Captain America. How sad is it that Marvel can have a show about a female colleague of a super hero, but DC can't even get Wonder Woman on any screen?

Subitai

I'll watch it. I enjoyed her character in Captain America. How sad is it that Marvel can have a show about a female colleague of a super hero, but DC can't even get Wonder Woman on any screen?
I think they should just skip her and do Supergirl/Batgirl spinoff films. Those don't present all the problems inherent in attempting a WW movie.

mm04

I think they should just skip her and do Supergirl/Batgirl spinoff films. Those don't present all the problems inherent in attempting a WW movie.

I had a huge crush on Batgirl from the original Adam West series when I was a kid. Redhead wig and tight outfit was very appealing.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
i should care about the quality of this, but shes got ROCKIN titz ...im sorry but the main reason(s) for my excitement is that women is put together like a limited edition limited edition Lambo...dayum.

Cafeman

This Peggy Carter idea would be difficult to stretch over 22 eps. I wish Marvel would take a page from the UK's detective shows (like Foyle's War), with a limited amount of episodes (usually 3 or 4) but each is like a mini-movie. Its hard to take these limited ideas (SHIELD, Peggy Carter) and stretch them into 22 episodes and be interesting in anyway. . Or whatever happened to one-off "TV movies" idea from years ago? With today's production values, the shows should be better than the clunky 80's and 90's attempts.

This is actually happening? It's literally just a period version of Agents of SHIELD. Potentially with a much stronger protagonist than Coulson, yes, but what happened to differentiation?

DieH@rd

Banned
As long as this TV show is serialized [with minimal amount of monster of the week crap], and good characters whose storylines will MOVE QUICKLY, then the show will be fine.

Marvel needs to look what Arrow is doing, and emulate that as closely as possible.

Kuroyume

Banned
This is just sad. Between agents of shield, the gordon spin off, this... YOU HAVE SUPER HEROES why are you making tv shows about the people who aren't? It's not like Captain America even required that much CG or anything. What the hell

DieH@rd

Banned
This is just sad. Between agents of shield, the gordon spin off, this... YOU HAVE SUPER HEROES why are you making tv shows about the people who aren't? It's not like Captain America even required that much CG or anything. What the hell

Because people who are not superheros can also be intertesting. That's why, FOX is making show about Captain Gordon.

I think it's better they aren't making too many shows with super powered leads. You just have to look at Smallville, Heroes, Alphas to see where that ends up.

don't get me wrong, those were good shows (well, Smallville lost its way after season 4 and Heroes never quite managed to top the first season), but when you have a super powered lead with super powered villains, that's a recipe for disaster with the kinds of budgets most shows have...

As long as this TV show is serialized [with minimal amount of monster of the week crap], and good characters whose storylines will MOVE QUICKLY, then the show will be fine.

Marvel needs to look what Arrow is doing, and emulate that as closely as possible.

You mean the show where Black Canary is just some chick with a sonic device? No thanks

I didn't get how this would be any good until I saw that One Shot from the IM3 Blu Ray. Now I'm all for a show set in the 40's about Peggy, Howard Stark and Dugan forming SHIELD. For real, go watch it, it's all over Vimeo or wherever.

TheOddOne

Would have to bring Atwell back for it or bust.
ABC’s ‘Agent Carter’ Books Hayley Atwell
ABC’s “Captain America” spinoff “Agent Carter” has landed Hayley Atwell, who played the World War II government agent in the movie, and showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas.

The announcements came at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, where Fazekas told TheWrap she was sworn to secrecy about the duo’s plans.

“You know Marvel. I think they send Captain America after you. But we’re involved in it,” she joked.

Butters and Fazekas, who have an overall deal with ABC, are presently working on the network’s upcoming “Resurrection.”

The show’s pilot is written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who wrote “Captain America: The First Avenger” and the upcoming “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”
peggyinredgif.gif

You mean the show where Black Canary is just some chick with a sonic device? No thanks
You mean the show that perfectly introduced Barry Allen/Flash and gave him powers in a pure Batman Begins style realistic world and it completely worked?
Yes please

The show that even managed to include a freaking
Solomon Grundy
origin?
again yes please.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
And yet, DC continues to pretend that Wonder Woman is an impossible movie to make.

Capt. America's sometimes girlfriend, but mostly irrelevant D-list character might be getting a show and DC's 3rd biggest character sits on the shelf.

What a world.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
And yet, DC continues to pretend that Wonder Woman is an impossible movie to make.

Capt. America's sometimes girlfriend, but mostly irrelevant D-list character might be getting a show and DC's 3rd biggest character sits on the shelf.

What a world.

to be fir, Marvel is doing the same or worst with Black Panther

What a world.

They tried 2 times recently with a WW series.
First aimed at NBC and was awful anyway, it never stood a chance.

The recent attempt to be in the Arrow universe could have been successful but with Wonder Woman appearing in BvS and Justice League they had to put it on indefinite hold.

After that Flash will get the most promotion, with having his own series and potentially a solo movie. DC will push the heck out of him.
They will also be looking for a solo Batman series as their #1 priority, 2 will be the continuation of Superman so Wonder Woman kinda falls to at least 4th place.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They tried 2 times recently with a WW series.
First aimed at NBC and was awful anyway, it never stood a chance.

The recent attempt to be in the Arrow universe could have been successful but with Wonder Woman appearing in BvSand Justice League they had to put it on indefinite hold.

Yeah, that's my point. They've utterly failed their 3rd biggest character.

to be fir, Marvel is doing the same or worst with Black Panther

Something Panther has never been.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
She is hot. Probably the most attractive female character in the MCU along with Kat Dennings.

Tucah

you speak so well
Having their next show be AoS but set in the 40s seems like an awful idea but Carter is a much more compelling lead than Coulson. I hope they learned something from AoS and the Carter show is better.

- EW: ABC renews 'SHIELD' plus orders 'Captain America' spin-off
ABC is doubling down on Marvel TV shows.

First, Agents of SHIELD is returning for a second season. That move was pretty widely expected, despite the show’s somewhat modest ratings performance.

Plus, ABC has also greenlit to series its Captain America spin-off Agent Carter (or, as the studio insists it’s titled, Marvel’s Agent Carter).

Official description of the new series from ABC: “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” starring “Captain America’s” Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.” “Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter. Executive producers are Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters, Steve McFeely & Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.

MisterHero

lol

What kind of drama can there be
with permanent HYDRA moles that are never revealed

What are the odds we see Winter Soldier kill Tony's father?
I like the idea but don't get the logistics. His last appearance was in the 70s and he probably lived longer than that

Neoxon

Hayley Atwell is a goddess & an incredible actress. Glad Agent Carter got greenlit.

I'm also happy SHIELD is back, mainly because of its miraculous improvement later in the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom