• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Comics Releases "Legacy" Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oh shit...

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMDEvNzY3L29yaWdpbmFsL01pZ2h0eVRob3JfU3RlcGhhbmllX0hhbnMuZ2lmPzE0OTgyNDk5MzA=

Oh shit...

Well, it was a matter of time with Jane's cancer. What's funny is that she's been Thor for so long and her run ended up being relatively well-received after so many people initially threw a fit that Thor was a woman. If she isn't immediately resurrected, then I expect her back in a year or two as a Thor or under a new moniker. She's definitely proved herself worthy.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well, it was a matter of time with Jane's cancer. What's funny is that she's been Thor for so long and her run ended up being relatively well-received after so many people initially threw a fit that Thor was a woman. If she isn't immediately resurrected, then I expect her back in a year or two as a Thor or under a new moniker. She's definitely proved herself worthy.

That's a bad cover to homage then if they're planning on bringing her back.

Dalek

I think one of the smartest things that they did was calling her "Thor" and not "Lady Thor" or "Thoress". By calling her Thor it legitimized her. I don't think her coming back as another name will do her justice. She is "Thor" in every sense of the word.

That's a bad cover to homage then if their planning on bringing her back.

Oh, I'm aware. I imagine that it's still just a fake-out, considering that The Mighty Thor consistently sells well (or at least I think it does). I'm convinced that she'll be back eventually. The only question is if it's an immediate fake-out (which would be terrible from a narrative standpoint) or something that happens in a few years.

To be fair, 616 Logan has surprisingly stayed dead for a decent amount of time.

I think one of the smartest things that they did was calling her "Thor" and not "Lady Thor" or "Thoress". By calling her Thor it legitimized her. I don't think her coming back as another name will do her justice. She is "Thor" in every sense of the word.

I mean, both Miles and Peter are called Spider-Man. I could imagine Odinson's series being called "The [adjective] Thor" with Jane's series being called "The Mighty Thor". Or one of them can have their series called just "Thor".

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

except for the other thor that exists, sure

Of course they are rebooting the entire universe. They need to before Infinity War does.

....what?

So, uh, the "big announcement that will change the industry" they were teasing for today is just a bunch of cover reveals with no other details? Seriously?

Nesotenso

I always thought it was dumb because Thor is a name.

Buckle

I'm sure Jane will be fine.

She'll get cured or rezzed and then get her own ongoing which will probably be shortly cancelled and then she'll gravitate in and out of the Thor books as a supporting hero.

jph139

I mean, you'd hope so.

But Sam Wilson is back to just being Falcon so I suspect there's no justice in the world.

bengraven

They won't kill off Jane foster Thor.

It's one of the most successful books of the last few years.

If anything maybe she'll die of the cancer then be resurrected.

Edit: maybe the new Valkyrie?

Believe me-I don't want it to end. The entire run has been God-Tier, if you'll pardon the term.
Every time I pick up the newest issue, I've somehow managed to forget how legitimately good this book is. This week in particular was fantastic.

I love The Mighty Thor, I will legit be upset if she is taken out for good
I love the book and the character, but her cancer adds a gravitas to things. I don't know how you can make it last or remove it from the equation without fundamentally changing the book.

I imagine that she'll die a heroic warrior's death, maybe involving her using all of her power and leaving her in her dying human state. Then she's declared worthy of entering Valhalla (is that still a thing in Marvel's Asgard?), and she comes back in some way relating to that.

IrishNinja

so...retro covers? wake me when we have creative teams

Rebirth had Johns to tie it all together. Marvel really don't have someone who can do that kind of role.

they did, but Hickman's still missed

Yeah but I've never been a Didio hater, personally. He's done a lot of dumb shit for sure but I've enjoyed his tenure for the most part. Can't say the same about Alonso. It's not necessarily because of the content. It's the insane prices, the constant events, the renumberings, etc.

Dido & Alonso are both great examples of the need for new management

Jane, Kamala, Sam Wilson - their books are too good to throw away.

agreed on all 3

Genis-Vell, obviously.

written by Peter David, but xfactor David, not our current one

Although I fear we maybe doing TOO MANY BOOKS and little marketing again.

oh those are a given, yeah

can't wait for the twist ending revealing Miracleman as the villain behind contaminating the Marvel U with SJW filth

somewhere rich johnston just got a reasonable chub

Oh shit...

FUCK NO

strongly agreed, it felt like a better take on what Marz did with Kyle Rayner in the 90s

In the past 5 or 6 issues they've really been hinting that her end is imminent.

they really have...BUT STILL

To be fair, 616 Logan has surprisingly stayed dead for a decent amount of time.

not long enough #TeamOldManLogan

I always thought it was dumb because Thor is a name.

true but it's what the inscription says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom