• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Drayco21

I want a playable Taskmaster, even though his model is ugly.

Wonder what this means for upcoming movie tie ins? Homecoming is next month, will anyone care about Vulture and Shocker now they're overshadowed by X-Men?!

Shocker is a legitimately better character than 90% of the X-Men cast, so totally.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
F U C K O F F
U
C
K

O
F
F

Hey man, for the low low price of 100 fucking dollars you can get the X-Men advancement pack which comes with 6000 crystals. Yes that's right, the new X-Men pack which is 100 fucking dollars doesn't give you enough crystals to buy the magneto shit.

What a shitshow.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's a big number, but it's much, MUCH better than it being money only. And thankfully, the deluxe rewards are retro-active, so you still get them, even if you've completed the quest already. I'd be much more annoyed if this were not true.

There are 5 other "free" characters that all need to be upgraded too, in this update. While I know others have mountains of stuff saved up, I actually kinda like that I'll be able to skip a bunch of mission running and Bio-Farming on him once he's purchased. Now if only he came with all his equips auto-upgraded to 15 or so...

Hmmm, Tracking Missions are treated more like Story Missions than Memory Missions. No entry limit, 10 bios x-genes per day.

Also, Rank Up tickets do indeed work on the Tracking Quartet.

Taking a step back, it's a lot of crystals and disappointing when you have 4K crystals on hand, but the rewards seem decent if you clear the whole epic quest. Like Frost said earlier, this content isn't meant to be rushed through in a week.
I figure I'll do the epic quest, and by the time I'm done I'll have saved more than enough crystals to buy it. Getting the 4 other characters to T2 is going to take a looooooong time anyway.

I'm more annoyed by the new materials tbqh, taking up inventory slots and making sure you can't use the means already at your disposal. 10 x-genes a day per character means 90-100 days to make a character 6* with level 20 gears.

Datamined Epic Quest info

Research Requirements:
Quest 2 - 100x Dimension Debris
Quest 5 - 100x Red Norn Stones
Quest 11 - 1000x Dimension Debris
Quest 14 - 1000x Red Norn Stones
Quest 24 - 800x Chaos Norn Stones
Quest 31 - 5x Rank 4 Black Anti-Mater
Quest 41 - 1,000x M'kraan Shards
Quest 46 - 3x Rank 6 Black Anti-Mater
Quest 50 - 1,000x M'kraan Crystals
Quest 52 - 1,000x M'kraan Phoenix Feathers

- Rogue, Beast, Storm and Cyke all need to be 5* by the end of the questline.

Sidenote: Storm and Rouge need to be 5* and Beast 3* before Cyke's stage is unlocked.

That research is going to be a motherfucker. Again.
I still think I'll stick to getting Dorm asap (1k r1BAM research set me back already from my just enough 8820 of yesterday), but I would be lying if I didn't say I was second guessing it. Heck, Cyclops' stage isn't even unlocked until a few quests past the 5x r4 BAM quest.

I still think I'll stick to getting Dorm asap (1k r1BAM research set me back already from my just enough 8820 of yesterday), but I would be lying if I didn't say I was second guessing it. Heck, Cyclops' stage isn't even unlocked until a few quests past the 5x r4 BAM quest.
Yeah, the way I see it, the critical path right now is opening up all the tracking quests to grind all the X-genes ASAP.

Looking at the list, and assuming you use all your tokens to get Beast and Rogue to 3*, and have all the materials, you can unlock Storm's stage on day one.

Afterwards, from Storm to Cyclops, you'll need to :
- rank up Storm to 5*. They give you 30 Storm genes, so that's 12 days to 4*, and you can use the 5* ticket we just got.
- rank up Rogue to 5*. Including the 10 genes they give you and the ones we got from the prerelease event, you'll need another 220 genes, so that's 22 days.

The good news, I guess, is that in the meantime, you'll probably get like 4k or 5k BAM1.

MRU tickets could help, but I'd rather focus my crystals on getting Mags.

(The real joke about Dorm is that you need to feed him 6,000 bios to get him to level 60, which is by far worse than the BAM requirements tbh)

Looking at the list, and assuming you use all your tokens to get Beast and Rogue to 3*, and have all the materials, you can unlock Storm's stage on day one.
Day 2 for most people.

Quest 4: Royal Consent
[SPECIAL MISSION] Clear Homecoming Once.

Quest 16: Noises of the Jungle
[SPECIAL MISSION] Clear Jungle Boogie once.

Quest 18: Raging Storm
[TRACKING] Clear Weathering the Storm once. Wolverine must be used.

I suppose someone could blaze through 4-16 in <20 minutes, but I think this is the Day 1 stopping point.

Yeah, that was assuming you played optimally. It doesn't matter too much though, as in my scenario, Storm would reach 5* quicker than Rogue anyway

I haven't done this yet, because I knew I wouldn't have the time to play between the update and the daily refresh, so I'll trying doing this later today when the daily refresh hits.

Quest is going well so far, sure i'll hit a wall soon though.

Bummer about Mags. It'd only take 264 days to save for him with the daily crystals :-/

Quest is going well so far, sure i'll hit a wall soon though.

Bummer about Mags. It'd only take 264 days to save for him with the daily crystals :-/
More like 134 if you factor in 100 TL crystals a week and 300 sign in bonus crystals a month.
They might also do character ranking events like the past few weeks, which were essentially free crystals.

More like 134 if you factor in 100 TL crystals a week and 300 sign in bonus crystals a month.
They might also do character ranking events like the past few weeks, which were essentially free crystals.

Oh yeah I know we get loads of other crystals, but it's a long time either way.
I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more cash on this game but it's hard to resist sometimes.

Hit a wall on the quest, 1000 red norns, jeez. Only 200 away though so hopefully won't hold me up too long.

There's a 7-day check-in event. The final reward is a 6* Mega Rank Up Ticket.

Nice! I guess I'll use this for Storm and my current MRU for Scott.

Can someone confirm if the 15-20 gear situation is the same for the mutties (I'd imagine so). I usually average ~400 bios per character. Even after rank ups, it's gonna take a long time to T2 them at 10 x-genes a day.

-Digits-

I am so, so glad I saved up crystals. Still have some left for both new costumes. Had a bunch of rank up tickets saved up as well, and 4 t2 tickets, so I can bypass the early grind to 6 star and focus on gearing them up.
6600 crystals was kinda bullshit though, I have to say.

God only knows why but I started playing this again. I still had 2k crystals on my account, I bought Sharon and Silk's outfits (they're my only T2s). Somehow this game got even grindier and layered even more progression systems on top, jesus christ. I probably won't stick with it for very long because this is the grindiest game I've probably ever seen in my life but Sharon's animations in her new outfit are sick as hell. She even gets a Zarya graviton surge.

So yeah, just to confirm, it's entirely possible to unlock Storm's tracking mission works on day one if you already have the materials for research. The time between the 2 "clear a special mission" epic quests is short enough. The barrier comes from that second daily epic quest.

Seems like they've figured out Jean's costs. 6000 bios, 40.5mil gold, 4400 Feathers, 1350 M'kaan Crystals. Strictly factoring her costs only (and not all the pre-reqs to unlock her), she takes less time to max out than the 8800 guys (ThODorm).

Also some nice model upgrades happened in this update. Cap and Nebula look like their icon art now. Cap in particular had one of the ugliest models in the game with his default, so that's a nice update.

ifHnqHK.jpg

iUmj9Nu.jpg

WiUvltt.jpg

Yeah, I really don't care for the Silk uni they chose. I eventually got it because functionally it's good and I like the character, but I don't like this look.

At least, after that ridiculous Amazon digital sale, I wasn't even tempted to spend real money for the X-stuff. I'm glad they didn't think of adding Kitty Pryde and paywalling her, though.

Malyse

Iceman should have been in the lineup so they could do time displaced outfits so I can eventually have Young!Jean Grey costume. AKA the only X character I actually care about right now.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't get any X-Unis yet. I assume we'll get bombarded with them eventually. Especially with how much this update wants to bleed everyone's crystal stashes dry.

Maybe they wanted to give people a chance to unlock the characters first? *Shrug* ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I'd love to get Young X-Men's white outfits and Mag's black outfit. However, if we get Young X unis it will probably be the current X-Men Blue suits.

Quick and dirty observations on some of the new X-Men:

Wolverine - Roughly on par with the 4400 cost BO characters in terms of damage. Not as bursty as Proxima or Supergiant, but way better defense than any of them. Like I mentioned before, will be unkillable with an invincibility obelisk. Pretty much guaranteed to be the best combat character in the game. Poor Agent Venom barely had time to enjoy that title.

Magneto - Really good damage (without even factoring his T2 bonus to humans) and his i-frames and CC make him great for TL (though I wouldn't gear him for that). Definitely the character to invest your materials into first from the T1 portion of the mutant roster.

Jean - Lmao! It's Marvel vs. Capcom 3 all over again. She can beat Odin, Strange, Dormammu in TL on auto. And apparently 12-8 on auto as well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm kinda surprised we didn't get any X-Unis yet. I assume we'll get bombarded with them eventually. Especially with how much this update wants to bleed everyone's crystal stashes dry.

Maybe they wanted to give people a chance to unlock the characters first? *Shrug* ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Nothing surprising about it. They can pop a couple of uniforms out and call it a monthly update during dry periods.

Top Bottom