• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Exclusive New Character Teaser

Narcosis

kswiston said:
Everyone complained about the SF4 screen shots when they were first released, and the game ended up looking great in motion. I am sure this will be the same.

Some of us who like Street Fighter IV (And Super too) still think some of the character designs are ugly as all hell, even if the game runs smoothly.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
kswiston said:
Everyone complained about the SF4 screen shots when they were first released, and the game ended up looking great in motion. I am sure this will be the same.

SF4 still look bad, the gameplay is what save it. IMO

yencid

2mwf9u.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
eh, I am not convinced that it is Phoenix at end of video. It could be Dormammu's special ability to cause dimensional whatever.

Pctx

Banned
Narcosis said:
Some of us who like Street Fighter IV (And Super too) still think some of the character designs are ugly as all hell, even if the game runs smoothly.
same shits, different threads.

The final art for SF4/SSF4 turned out better than the originals and people who bitch about "art" of a game a year out just want something to bitch about.

Game is definitely on my radar for E3.

Jeels

The should really have a fan request poll for a character so we can all spam Phoenix Wright.

I'm ready for some direct feed footage!

Jeels said:
The should really have a fan request poll for a character so we can all spam Phoenix Wright.

I'm ready for some direct feed footage!
I'd love another character poll for Capcom to ignore again

Whether or not I buy this depends on how accessible it is for people who aren't that into fighters. I've tried repeatedly to get into MvC2, but it simply does not cater for beginners at all. I found Street Fighter 4 and TvC much easier to get into.

However, if MvC3 includes Phoenix Wright as a playable character, I will buy it unquestioningly.

depths20XX

I think the graphics looks good. Seems like it will look really slick in motion. Stages look great also.

You people are crazy.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Vamphuntr said:
How dare you...

I dare because all he does in his games is get his ass kicked. How many Capcom characters from non-action games have ever made the cut?

Mind you, I fucking love Phoenix Wright, but I can put my fandom aside for common sense.

If anything, that Von Karma lady would be a much better fit

Gameboy415

So psyched to play as Deadpool and Dante! :D

Just bring back this guy and some of the goofy characters and I'll be satisfied:

doyourjob.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Raging Spaniard said:
I dare because all he does in his games is get his ass kicked. How many Capcom characters from non-action games have ever made the cut?

Mind you, I fucking love Phoenix Wright, but I can put my fandom aside for common sense.

If anything, that Von Karma lady would be a much better fit

I think Dick Gumshoe would be pretty nice, personally.

Gameboy415 said:
So psyched to play as Deadpool and Dante! :D

Just bring back this guy and some of the goofy characters and I'll be satisfied:

doyourjob.gif

Bwah, I think this is reminding me to get back to work.

:lol

hteng said:
why does it have to be 3D!?! FUCK YOU CAPCOM!
because they want the game out next year and want to make a return on investment

anyway, you could always just not buy it and continue playing MVC1

lord knows you didn't touch MvC2 with its evil 3D backgrounds.

TreIII

Certainly looks interesting. But I'm hoping that we get some more off-the-wall picks, too. Niitsuma already broke my heart when he confirmed that we can't look forward to dredges from the 8/16-bit era....

Xater

WrikaWrek said:
Deadpool vs Dante just feels so....right.

t totally does. :lol

I will also play Deadpool no matter how shitty he will end up being.

Now if Moon Knight and Nightcrawler would make it into the game my team of Marvel characters would be done. :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awesome.

I already know my team will be Ryu/Spidey/Deadpool, don't really need to see anyone else even!

I know they have the time, but please do something about that "3" in the logo - I saw it on the Gamestop(?) poster and thought that the store threw that on there themselves or something...

On top of that, the game is confirmed to be playable at E3, can't wait...

Magnus

Man, people would rather have a lawyer joke character in the game than the almighty Dark Phoenix? What's wrong with this world?!

Threi

notag
DMczaf said:
I'm loving this no more megathreads rule. I'm actually catching updates!
+1

I definitely would have missed this. The official thread was just speculation and bitching so I wouldn't have figured something new would have come out.

Jezan

shagg_187 said:
The opening silouette logo has changed. Anyone recognize the characters? I recognize Spidey scratching his head, and I think that's felicia on Capcom side.
Captain America, Doom (not sure about this one) , Spiderman and I don't know.

gutabo

Well if it has Super Skrull hopefully it will have nova or some guardian of the galaxy/other cosmic marvel hero. It would be hilarious to see rocket racoon!

Also if they are talking about current marvel continuity it should be the void and not (dark)phoenix at the end.

Hype x 1000, day -1, etc.

Magnus said:
Man, people would rather have a lawyer joke character in the game than the almighty Dark Phoenix? What's wrong with this world?!
there are joke characters in most of the vs games, so such a thing is expected

Magnus

_dementia said:
there are joke characters in most of the vs games, so such a thing is expected
Oh, totally, but given the choice between the two, I'd rather have an awesome-looking insane and iconic character like Phoenix than a joke character. Guess I'm in the minority.

Top Bottom