• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Flowchart Spider-Man pic from twitter

DLPUabFXoAAyluU.jpg:large

Wonder if it'll get patched when the first DLC character comes out.

Oh! Hey, a response! That was... not quick, but not slow.

Oh, wait, that's Capcom Fighters, which is Capcom USA, so that means nothing/

The infinite is only a few days old, so that actually is quick.

And, they've probably been communicating back and forth with Capcom Japan, otherwise they wouldn't have said anything.

The American Capcom accounts are the ones that usually break big news first, anyways.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The infinite is only a few days old, so that actually is quick.

And, they've probably been communicating back and forth with Capcom Japan, otherwise they wouldn't have said anything.

The American Capcom accounts are the ones that usually break big news first, anyways.

Really? It feels like it's been like a week since the infinite was discovered. Fair enough.

Also, Capcom USA's communication with Capcom is not something I'd take for granted. It wasn't that long ago that Capcom threw Capcom USA under the bus for saying they had a schedule for DLC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh! Hey, a response! That was... not quick, but not slow.

Oh, wait, that's Capcom Fighters, which is Capcom USA, so that means nothing/

actually it was very quick for this sort of thing. And not just "capcom quick".

To be fair, I doubt they'd just do so without permission. The roadmap issue was nearly a year ago, if not more Cap.Fighters is still part of Capcom's official channels so it's a little silly to pretend like this doesn't hold weight.

tariniel

Anyone know if there's a cheaper place to buy a NA PC key than GamesPlanet ($40)?

I've seen places that have it cheaper but they don't activate in the US without a VPN, and doing so is against Steam's TOS and can result in a VACban from what I've heard which I'd rather not risk.

Anyone know if there's a cheaper place to buy a NA PC key than GamesPlanet ($40)?

I've seen places that have it cheaper but they don't activate in the US without a VPN, and doing so is against Steam's TOS and can result in a VACban from what I've heard which I'd rather not risk.

If you plan to play this game online at all then $40 is already a great price. I bought it for $60 and I don't regret it, unlike plenty of fighting games.

Durden77

I've fully switched over to Mind for Ghost Rider/X. Taking a few L's as it's not as versatile or easy to use as Reality, but I really like it for this team. It's got me plenty of W's too. Getting someone with the grab is the best feeling ever, need to get more used to it's aerial properties.

Tirael

Punches and energy attacks. How unique and interesting.

I know this was a page back already, but get that weak attitude out of here. Acting like Asura is just a normal by-the-numbers character. And even if there are characters that are angry and punch, (like Hulk, for example,) or characters that use energy, (Nova, Captain Marvel,) there are plenty of cool things they could pull from the game.

Also, six arms. You are waaaaay oversimplifying.

PSqueak

Banned
It's obvious that the rumored date of about right now for the first batch of DLC was wrong, so i was wondering if we have any official date yet?

Really itching to try MH, BP and/or Sigma.

smurfx

get some go again
now i see why dante is so high tier. he can randomly throw out shit and get hit confirms off of anything.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's obvious that the rumored date of about right now for the first batch of DLC was wrong, so i was wondering if we have any official date yet?

Really itching to try MH, BP and/or Sigma.

We have no timeframe for the character DLC except '2017'. They'll probably reveal something at their NYCC panel, but their wording is ambiguous enough that it's not a guarantee.

Grakl

So a patch is probably incoming? Maybe that will get this awful ban talk to end. The whole idea of a ban is silly anyway, and honestly very unbecoming for the FGC.

nah there was shit banned in mvc2, people just like to forget that the FGC has banned some game breaking stuff. This infinite is game breaking, so

smurfx

get some go again
Could it be his outstretched arm? Maybe he's putting it out there and as soon as the hitbox overlaps, you get hit, so you don't see his arm. I dunno.
seemed like i was way too far to get hit but there might be some wonky shit going on with his hurt box or something.

vocab

nah there was shit banned in mvc2, people just like to forget that the FGC has banned some game breaking stuff. This infinite is game breaking, so

There was no real infinites banned in mvc2, it was the shit that would freeze the game/break the rules of the game/hampering's someone ability to play the game.

Negaduck

Mvc2 breaking the game was a glitch that meant the user of said glitch didn't have to preform any other moves and usually cause just a time out (aside from ruby heart).

2 I knew were banned was gambit peace audi 5000 glitch and the ruby heart glitch (which actually locked the machine iirc)

Infinite =/= glitch

warp_

Banned
Marvel 2 also had no true infinites. They all required a reset, unless something has changed since I stopped paying attention a few years ago. Also this MVCI infinite isn't a glitch either, so there's really no reason to ban it other than "I don't like it" which is a really poor excuse.

Sigmaah

Marvel 2 also had no true infinites. They all required a reset, unless something has changed since I stopped paying attention a few years ago. Also this MVCI infinite isn't a glitch either, so there's really no reason to ban it other than "I don't like it" which is a really poor excuse.

Lmao my boi it's a glitch.

Like bruh.

Grakl

lol aint got time for yall defending an infinite that would make it so literally everyone could only choose one character on their team. saying infinite isn't a glitch or infinite doesn't break the game lmao

warp_

Banned
Lmao my boi it's a glitch.

Like bruh.

lol aint got time for yall defending an infinite that would make it so literally everyone could only choose one character on their team. saying infinite isn't a glitch or infinite doesn't break the game lmao

What part of it is a glitch? I don't like the infinite, but I also don't see any reason to ban it. Banning infinites is a slippery slope in a title like Marvel.

Skittles

What part of it is a glitch? I don't like the infinite, but I also don't see any reason to ban it. Banning infinites is a slippery slope in a title like Marvel.
Not really, game has been explicitly designed to prevent infinites and unblockables. Pretty sure combofiend has gone on record backing it up

Do ya'll seriously want to see this game get grinded up even more?

It's a shitty infinite that completely eliminates options (ie counter switch), which is the opposite of what's intended for this game. Ban that shitty infinite and call it a day.

warp_

Banned
Do ya'll seriously want to see this game get grinded up even more?

It's a shitty infinite that completely eliminates options (ie counter switch), which is the opposite of what's intended for this game. Ban that shitty infinite and call it a day.

Actually, preventing counter switch follows the rules in place as set in the game. Web Ball puts you in a capture state. Any time you are put in a capture state, you can't counter switch. If you could normally counter switch in capture state, but this infinite prevented it then I would agree it was an unintended glitch.

Instead it just seems this is exploiting the rules in place. That shouldn't be bannable.

A slip n' slide slope to what, exactly?
Using the above logic that the infinite is not a glitch but just exploiting rules, that would make anything bannable. Why not ban Reality Stone? Ban whatever character is flavor of the month since we don't want teams to have the same character too often, according to Graki. Why not just ban boring play like the Smash kids tried to do?

Neoxon

Either way, Capcom's probably gonna fix it in the near future (hopefully when the first round of DLC characters drop), so there's no real reason for us to get riled up about it anymore.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
it's gonna get patched so it's no sweat, gonna be funny to see people try to use it until then. but in a hypothetical where there was no patch this game would too garbage to play with that shit in it. it's not some mvc2 grime that you work around, it's the type of shit that drags a game down to hokuto no ken levels of sideshow novelty.

warp_

Banned
keep the infinite. force capcom to fix their stupid mistakes quicker.

Exactly. If this infinite is as braindead as everyone says, then we'll just keep getting Spiderman vs Spiderman GF at big events and Capcom's hand will be forced to act even faster.

Nyoro SF

The MvCI infinite is not a glitch. It's just abusing the combo system rules. A glitch would be if you actually broke those rules through code exploit somehow.

Anyway the spidey infinite ban is assuredly deserved. Angelic already stated several well-explained good reasons as to why.

Top Bottom