• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

JeTmAn81

These lists are always biased in the sense that people are far more likely to vote for characters who are underdogs and less likely to make it in or have never made it in.

Vergil being that high is actually surprising to me since he is a Marvel 3 vet that most people expect to be in anyway. Like if I had voted in that poll I wouldn't even have put Vergil on there.

Also the team put in Vergil in UMVC3 due to some cosplayer at TGS. I always found that story amusing. Jawmuncher should've went to TGS cosplaying as Regina to make Capcom recognize.

People were so sick of XF3 Dark Vergil in 3 it's amazing anyone voted for him. I'd love him in Infinite though, he'd be way less OP with no X-Factor.

SaikyoBro

Coming to grips with the fact that, between the new layout and complete remapping of almost everyone's special moves, I'll probably never be able to competently play Marvel 3 again. :[

I guess I'm still glad that the control scheme is different from the last game but yeah, I agree with the crowd that thinks LMHS is a lot more intuitive. The old combo rules and HSD were a lot easier for me to understand as well, it's been a few weeks and I'll still occasionally have a combo drop at a point that doesn't make any sense to me at all. This game's mechanics are so rich and clearly had a ton of thought put into them, it's really frustrating that they're paired with controls that are so cumbersome in comparison to 3.

Perineum

I got to lab a few more characters today to see how they mesh with Ultron.

Rocket - This guy is legit good, and his hit box makes him a cut better than a lot of the cast if you haven't practiced Rocket specific combos. Throw in that space stone with the traps, and holy hell he is a mix up machine. The synergy between him and Ultron is non existent though. Rocket just seems to do his own damn thing, and in that way he can go with everyone in the roster, but not in a fully effective way.

Iron Man - Shiiiiit. Tony isn't stupid hard to play for once in a Marvel game. I hate that forward HP move even existing though. I'm too used to do run up dash HP as Ultron, and too often with tony I get a rocket. The synergy is here though between these two, and they play quite similar. Easy ass 6k+ combos full or corner is making me dig him with Ultron.

Captain Marvel - wowowowow. This character is TOO damn good. I spent most of my lab time with her once I got on her. Her mix up game if she rushes you down is fast and mean. Jump down + HP, air dash LK is hella hard to block effectively and then crosses up. If she has you corner she can do Jump down HP into double LK. Her damage is great even without the buff up super mode, and her combos are just hella satisfying to do. The synergy is ok with Ultron. Their supers combined aren't anything to write home about. You are better off just sticking to the 6.5K 1 meter damage combos with her and Ultron and keep the extra meter to throw out a full screen beam super to then tag in and get some high low mix ups in while it locks them down.

I hit a new record for damage with a little over 8.5K using Iron man and Ultron. Took all 4 bars of meter, and no stone or storm use. Regular ol combo with Ultron into an air super, then as they fall down you tag in Tony for that level 3.

Edit : @Bro above me: Are you on stick or pad? I feel the control system in this game was made for pad players in mind a lot. I actually am glad because my legacy stick support isn't here, and I can do all my combos on a pad in a Marvel game. I can't wave dash effectively, but idgaf. I'm not going pro so it's all good.

Dahbomb

People were so sick of XF3 Dark Vergil in 3 it's amazing anyone voted for him. I'd love him in Infinite though, he'd be way less OP with no X-Factor.
It doesn't matter how good they were.

You think people would not have voted for Zero in these polls if he wasn't in the game?

Imagine the hissy fits if Morrigan didn't make it into the game despite her Soul fists shenanigans.

Hell people are throwing fits over no Magneto and this character dominated Marvel for almost two decades!

Bob White

I want to believe that Mike is working with Seth Killian on a fighting game for Riot Games. I have no proof other than I know I saw a picture of them together on Splash Mountain or something together this summer.

I...want to believe :(

I have so much hype and faith in this never talked about riot seth killian fighter. Like, I'm hoping so hard for a no come back mechanic ass footsie fest. I'm so sick of "hype". Hype means random ass shit like v trigger balrog and x factor come backs.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It doesn't matter how good they were.

You think people would not have voted for Zero in these polls if he wasn't in the game?

Imagine the hissy fits if Morrigan didn't make it into the game despite her Soul fists shenanigans.

Hell people are throwing fits over no Magneto and this character dominated Marvel for almost two decades!

it's almost as if people like those characters

HardRojo

Coming to grips with the fact that, between the new layout and complete remapping of almost everyone's special moves, I'll probably never be able to competently play Marvel 3 again. :[

I guess I'm still glad that the control scheme is different from the last game but yeah, I agree with the crowd that thinks LMHS is a lot more intuitive. The old combo rules and HSD were a lot easier for me to understand as well, it's been a few weeks and I'll still occasionally have a combo drop at a point that doesn't make any sense to me at all. This game's mechanics are so rich and clearly had a ton of thought put into them, it's really frustrating that they're paired with controls that are so cumbersome in comparison to 3.

I'm still having some troubles with it myself too, but I'm sure I'll get over it as I keep playing, plus I've had the game for less than a week, whereas I played MvC3/UMvC3 for like 3 years and a half.

Perineum

I have so much hype and faith in this never talked about riot seth killian fighter. Like, I'm hoping so hard for a no come back mechanic ass footsie fest. I'm so sick of "hype". Hype means random ass shit like v trigger balrog and x factor come backs.

Did you play S. Kills alpha for Rising Thunder? That game was cool, but it was basically easy mode SF4.

I definitely trust S.kill more to create a fighter though than Ono and his team with SF5.

Producer

I got to lab a few more characters today to see how they mesh with Ultron.

Rocket - This guy is legit good, and his hit box makes him a cut better than a lot of the cast if you haven't practiced Rocket specific combos. Throw in that space stone with the traps, and holy hell he is a mix up machine. The synergy between him and Ultron is non existent though. Rocket just seems to do his own damn thing, and in that way he can go with everyone in the roster, but not in a fully effective way.

Iron Man - Shiiiiit. Tony isn't stupid hard to play for once in a Marvel game. I hate that forward HP move even existing though. I'm too used to do run up dash HP as Ultron, and too often with tony I get a rocket. The synergy is here though between these two, and they play quite similar. Easy ass 6k+ combos full or corner is making me dig him with Ultron.

Captain Marvel - wowowowow. This character is TOO damn good. I spent most of my lab time with her once I got on her. Her mix up game if she rushes you down is fast and mean. Jump down + HP, air dash LK is hella hard to block effectively and then crosses up. If she has you corner she can do Jump down HP into double LK. Her damage is great even without the buff up super mode, and her combos are just hella satisfying to do. The synergy is ok with Ultron. Their supers combined aren't anything to write home about. You are better off just sticking to the 6.5K 1 meter damage combos with her and Ultron and keep the extra meter to throw out a full screen beam super to then tag in and get some high low mix ups in while it locks them down.

I hit a new record for damage with a little over 8.5K using Iron man and Ultron. Took all 4 bars of meter, and no stone or storm use. Regular ol combo with Ultron into an air super, then as they fall down you tag in Tony for that level 3.

Edit : @Bro above me: Are you on stick or pad? I feel the control system in this game was made for pad players in mind a lot. I actually am glad because my legacy stick support isn't here, and I can do all my combos on a pad in a Marvel game. I can't wave dash effectively, but idgaf. I'm not going pro so it's all good.

I play cpt marvel / ultron and imo the synergy is good. Theres some real good setups after doing marvels bnb that loops back into itself. Def not as hard to block as dante/dorm stuff but still overall decent. Doing beam super into beam super is not really that good, you're gonna want to tag out and set up armor with marvel or set something up with ultron

bubumiao

I'm still having some troubles with it myself too, but I'm sure I'll get over it as I keep playing, plus I've had the game for less than a week, whereas I played MvC3/UMvC3 for like 3 years and a half.

I think I'm gonna sell my copy of UMvC3 on eBay. Only played it like twice (PS4 disc version). Was so hype for Infinite. I suck at it though and there's no point in playing it now. Because the online sucked I never played it (over the last 6 years),I just spectated tournaments on twitch.

SaikyoBro

Played on stick for both games. It's cool the pad guys are getting some love, but I think LMHS made more sense for both types of players.

I'm mostly adjusted to the new layout by this point but it's inherently more complicated to explain and, to me, feels less natural on stick. Spreading my fingers out from L to M to H across the top row always made perfect sense to me, hopping from button to button in the lefthand corner for the new magic series isn't nearly as intuitive or satisfying imo.

Sayad

now apply the same thing to forum posters and you get my bafflement. I dont "get" trolling. Myabe im just too old, or maybe the trolls are too young, I dunno. But its so weird to me that you actively waste time of your life posting shit about a game you dont like.

They're only young in spirit
and mind
, most are probably late 20s and older if they pay attention to fighting games.

Dante is in more online matches than his entire appearance in the DMC series.
... Are you saying he's in more than 4 online matches?!

Last Saturday, I spent eight hours playing MvCI with a close friend of mine. 8 hours, over 120 games.

I'm glad I bought this game. I'm having a lot of fun with team building with my old MvC3 mains!

NEO0MJ

dunno, only good theme I remember from MvC3 is Vergil's!

Too many of them felt butchered in comparison to previous versions of the themes. Strider, Ammy, Dr. Doom, Shuma Gorath, and Sentinel are examples of characters who's themes in 3 just sucked in comparison to the original.
Some of the new ones such as Firebrand, Dormammu, and Taskmaster weren't that bad, though.

badjab326

Neo Member
To be fair, how many remixes did the VS series get right?!
The series?? I mean pretty much every game up til MvC2 had solid character themes. TvC was great and UMVC3 was passable aside from a few themes like Dr. Strange and Firebrand which were awesome.

Vs. series music tier list is

MvC1>MSH=CotA>TvCjp>the rest... though the MvC2 stage music is really damn catchy.

Spuck-uk

Banned
tumblr_ni99uvlchp1t61lyzsu.gif

One victory here can spread everywhere. Make people come to the realization that they should be voting for Regina. GAF is a big place. It has some pull with all of the lurkers. I'm just doing my job. Just like with my boy Snake.
Plus let's not forget that Dino Crisis has sold more than 4.4 million copies. More than Asura and other popular capcom picks after all. Since if you wanna bring people who actually played Asura's Wrath. That number is hella smaller than DC.

I'm honestly surprised anyone remembers mediocre resident evil wanna-be game series Dino Crisis, let alone whoever that entirely forgettable redhead character is. Luckily there's more chance of seeing Mario as a DLC character than that bunch of absolute nothing.

Asuras Wrath isn't even close to a good game but at least he has a cool design and the potential for a great moveset instead of 'Chris Redfield but a redhead girl plus I guess some dinosaurs if the budget allows.'

Jawmuncher

I'm honestly surprised anyone remembers mediocre resident evil wanna-be game series Dino Crisis, let alone whoever that entirely forgettable redhead character is. Luckily there's more chance of seeing Mario as a DLC character than that bunch of absolute nothing.

Asuras Wrath isn't even close to a good game but at least he has a cool design and the potential for a great moveset instead of 'Chris Redfield but a redhead girl plus I guess some dinosaurs if the budget allows.'

Ok which one of you sent the hit squad out.

NEO0MJ

I don't know why you don't stop. I fucking love Jin and would pay obscene money to have him back but I know that's not happening.
Accept reality :)

They couldn't even give Monster Hunter her monsters. No way they have the budget for fucking dinosaurs.

They couldn't even give Monster Hunter her monsters. No way they have the budget for fucking dinosaurs.

Well MH is murdering mass quantities of monsters, while carving them up and eating them before she goes on another hunt. She ain't friending any monster, unless it is a cat.

NEO0MJ

Well MH is murdering mass quantities of monsters, while carving them up and eating them before she goes on another hunt. She ain't friending any monster, unless it is a cat.

Did Dino Hunter befriend any?

Also, I'm pretty sure Spidey didn't befriend any Goblins :p

Too many of them felt butchered in comparison to previous versions of the themes. Strider, Ammy, Dr. Doom, Shuma Gorath, and Sentinel are examples of characters who's themes in 3 just sucked in comparison to the original.
Some of the new ones such as Firebrand, Dormammu, and Taskmaster weren't that bad, though.

I actually like Spider-Man's theme in MVC3 most of all of his themes and Nova's is pretty awesome as well.

Top Bottom