• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

These lists are always biased in the sense that people are far more likely to vote for characters who are underdogs and less likely to make it in or have never made it in.

Vergil being that high is actually surprising to me since he is a Marvel 3 vet that most people expect to be in anyway. Like if I had voted in that poll I wouldn't even have put Vergil on there.

Also the team put in Vergil in UMVC3 due to some cosplayer at TGS. I always found that story amusing. Jawmuncher should've went to TGS cosplaying as Regina to make Capcom recognize.

Jawmuncher

These lists are always biased in the sense that people are far more likely to vote for characters who are underdogs and less likely to make it in or have never made it in.

Vergil being that high is actually surprising to me since he is a Marvel 3 vet that most people expect to be in anyway. Like if I had voted in that poll I wouldn't even have put Vergil on there.

Also the team put in Vergil in UMVC3 due to some cosplayer at TGS. I always found that story amusing. Jawmuncher should've went to TGS cosplaying as Regina to make Capcom recognize.

I need to just start throwing fat stacks at cosplayers. Get all sorts of Dino Crisis character's just overflowing E3, TGS, any place capcom might be at.

Coda

I miss Mike Ross, what happened to him? Last time I checked back in early SF5 he was working at Twitch I believe and playing that (back when he met toolassisted online again).

Me too best part of Excellent Adventures and Cross Counter in general was him. Hope he comes back with something cool soon.

kikiribu

I don't think Mike's heart is in the FGC anymore. There's plenty he could play but chooses not to. The whole eSports thing seems to have turned him away too. Seems more like a personal issue than anything else though.

bubumiao

Sorry, it wouldn't be fair for other people if I let you to. :(
It's all good.

These are the characters I would have voted for:

Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Green Goblin (or Hobgoblin), Wolverine, Storm, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Sentinel, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Magneto, Mystique (damn I edit and then think of a few more)

Doctor Wily, Asura, Regina (😉Jawmuncher), Jack Baker

Coda

Also regarding Mike Ross seems like someone posted a thread about him leaving the scene recently on Reddit about it and this post by Exvaris makes a lot of sense to me:

I'm late to the comments here and my comment will probably go unseen.
But I know Mike well from back in the days we used to play at Arcade Infinity and Video 94 - from before he became the huge FGC personality he is now. I still talk to him occasionally but I know he's busy so I don't sweat it much.
The video he released a while back stating he was leaving Cross Counter, even though it ended on a satirical note with a visit from future Gootecks, is a largely accurate summation of his feelings about the FGC right now. The FGC has indeed become eSportsy, and it has changed the way high profile names in the FGC act. They are changing themselves to fit into this eSports culture and become something that is acceptable by eSports.
There's more money in fighting games now than ever (still less than mobas and FPS, but those have been considered eSports for a relatively longer time). The money is changing a lot of things, and ultimately isn't benefitting many people other than networks and sponsors.
I get the sense that Mike feels eSports is changing the FGC to fit its model for other genres rather than evolving to accommodate it. It can only get you so far, because the FGC is a fundamentally different culture with different roots.
To top it all off - I think Mike, despite all of this other bullshit, would put up with it if he enjoyed the game. But he has said many times that he does not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn Mike... go play Heroes of the Storm or something :(

He plays the superior DOTA 2 and gets washed at it. At least he likes playing it.

I wonder if he has had hands on Marvel though.
giphy.gif

I should try playing hots back again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I play HOTS these days way more than DOTA 2 but is technically the superior game (to me at least). I am just too old man to keep up with DOTA now.

Relevant video about stream monsters and Marvel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2BS8z0UU0

now apply the same thing to forum posters and you get my bafflement. I dont "get" trolling. Myabe im just too old, or maybe the trolls are too young, I dunno. But its so weird to me that you actively waste time of your life posting shit about a game you dont like.

the amount of people who spend hours of their day just spamming whatever meme or emote is currently hot in twitch chat is something my grown ass mind can't comprehend

You know what would be great? If Black Widow's level 3 summoned Devil Dinosaur

Then we'd finally have a red head that summons a dinosaur in mvc

;)

JayEH

now apply the same thing to forum posters and you get my bafflement. I dont "get" trolling. Myabe im just too old, or maybe the trolls are too young, I dunno. But its so weird to me that you actively waste time of your life posting shit about a game you dont like.

some people have a lot of time but no money

VariantX

I play HOTS these days way more than DOTA 2 but is technically the superior game (to me at least). I am just too old man to keep up with DOTA now.

Relevant video about stream monsters and Marvel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2BS8z0UU0

Its got to be an addiction on some level. No one in their right mind would actively seek out and sit through things they hate instead of using that same time to do something they can enjoy.

some people have a lot of time but no money

But just enough money to barely afford internet and sit in and watch things they don't like.

Rhaknar

DotA2 is definitely the better game than Marvel, but Dahbomb and I play HotS because DotA2 is just way too hard to succeed in without being hardcore. HotS is fun, casual, and scratches that same itch.

I know it is :3

I still have zero interest in playing it, or LoL, even tho I love HotS. Which is kinda weird I think, but it is what it is.

Dahbomb

Nothing wrong with HOTS, it's a fine game, well balanced, well supported and knows what it is and what it isn't. Easily the best start MOBA I would say.

Rhaknar

Nothing wrong with HOTS, it's a fine game, well balanced, well supported and knows what it is and what it isn't. Easily the best start MOBA I would say.

thats the thing. Its not a "start" moba, its the moba for me. Ive played for... fuck me I dont even know how long, and I never felt the urge to dip my toes in the "real ones".

But this isnt a moba thread. How about dem Spidey infinites huh? >_>

I want to believe that Mike is working with Seth Killian on a fighting game for Riot Games. I have no proof other than I know I saw a picture of them together on Splash Mountain or something together this summer.

I...want to believe :(

warp_

Banned
tumblr_ni99uvlchp1t61lyzsu.gif

One victory here can spread everywhere. Make people come to the realization that they should be voting for Regina. GAF is a big place. It has some pull with all of the lurkers. I'm just doing my job. Just like with my boy Snake.
Plus let's not forget that Dino Crisis has sold more than 4.4 million copies. More than Asura and other popular capcom picks after all. Since if you wanna bring people who actually played Asura's Wrath. That number is hella smaller than DC.

More games were sold as part of a three game series than a single title? Color me surprised.

Dahbomb

And DC3 aka the reason we don't have any more DC games? (other than it being a lame RE ripoff)
They made an awful game that people didn't want and wasn't at all like the DC game that people want.

Sound familiar? That's how Capcom has managed to bury many of their franchises already.

Only with Asura's Wrath, they made an IP that most people didn't care about to begin with.

warp_

Banned
Not caring about characters never stopped some of the MVC character choices. Or did I miss all the huge fans of Marrow, or Firebrand, or Blackheart, or Sonson or hell any of the Avengers characters at the time of MVC2?

DC is lame also-ran franchise that fits in just fine Asura's Wrath in terms of modern interest level. Which is why neither Asura or Regina will be making it in to the game.

Jawmuncher

And DC3 aka the reason we don't have any more DC games? (other than it being a lame RE ripoff)

We don't have much data on either. But Asura's Wrath potentially sold around than 150K+ (with japan)at most to this day. Then there's also the fact that capcom didn't expect the game to sell well anyway With Dino Crisis 3.6 million of it's 4.4 million sales were from DC1 (2.1 million) and DC 2 (1.2 million) alone. So there's 800K unaccounted for and there's only Dino Stalker and Dino Crisis 3 left.

So yes. Even DC3 potentially sold more than Asura's Wrath globally. However Asura has a better presence in the sense that his title is newer and has hit a bit of a cult status. Not a lot of people have played it. But they have at least heard about it and recognize the character. He's similar to gene. Both of those games didn't sell well. But their potential in a fighting is pretty unmatched on the capcom side of things.

Lastly. Come on man DC is more than a RE rip off. It's directed by the man who made RE after all. Plus DC2 was as different as you can get. Unless having a fixed camera equals RE ripoff.

Not caring about characters never stopped some of the MVC character choices. Or did I miss all the huge fans of Marrow, or Firebrand, or Blackheart, or Sonson or hell any of the Avengers characters at the time of MVC2?

DC is lame also-ran franchise that fits in just fine Asura's Wrath in terms of modern interest level. Which is why neither Asura or Regina will be making it in to the game.

Someone please get their man

JayEH

At least Asura has a good potential move set going for him. Regina crosses over with a lot of other characters already.

Jawmuncher

At least Asura has a good potential move set going for him. Regina crosses over with a lot of other characters already.

If she's a dino summoner she can stand out. If you don't play up the dinosaur angle. Then you really gotta get creative since we already got way too many guns. Though you could potentially make her work with different status afflictions if you went with the first game and all of it's tranq darts and such.

There's room to make her stand out. But it'd be more work than capcom would probably want to put into the franchise atm. Since it'd require them to actual boot up DC1 and DC2.

Tirael

Most people probably youtubed Asura's Wrath than actually played it because it's basically the same experience.

I did both, come at me bro.

Plus, I've had two other people play it while I was present. I've done my duty. Not like it's a terribly long game.

Top Bottom