• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Not sure if Sonicfox was just having an off day or whether people are starting to adapt to him. Was good to see some real competition tonight though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any DLC characters yet? I mean in those small weekly tournaments. Too soon I imagine.

Skittles

I liked floe's comments on sonicfox's weakness. Dude gets blown up by random hits in the neutral. Probably a side effect of him always going for the rush down

any DLC characters yet? I mean in those small weekly tournaments. Too soon I imagine.
Think I saw a Sigma earlier in tournament. Too early for most people to comfortably take a char out the lab. Would be too prone to dropping combos

Ludens

Banned
What do you mean by that? Their settings are limited but resolution can still be changed and it's not locked to 1080p, either.

I have a 1366*768 monitor, I can't change the resolution at all. There's the default one with a black bar on the right of the screen and even by using DSR I can't take care of it.

NEO0MJ

Noob to Marvel, not fighting games in general.

I'm having a blast so far, but I have no idea what to focus on to learn the game.

Any advice getting a game plan for learning? How do you get the most out of training mode in this game?

This old thread had good stuff for beginners.
Check it out and don't forget to click the links at the end of the OP!

Like Skittles said, too soon. Most pros wouldn't risk picking DLC characters right away.

I have a 1366*768 monitor, I can't change the resolution at all. There's the default one with a black bar on the right of the screen and even by using DSR I can't take care of it.

That's strange.

Dahbomb

Damn Sonic Fox's streak finally ended?

Shame I didn't get to see it live

Flux setting up Zero mix ups with Jam Session in MVCI!!! .

Also that Sonic Fox Infinity Gauntlet (but with different fighting games instead of gems) picture in the background is hilarious!

FSLink

Banned
Dang, GCYoshi is good.

Fought him online, lost most of the time but managed to scrape out a few wins lol. Spencer is freaking scary in this game.

FSLink

Banned
What's his team? Does he use Chris with Spencer?
He used Sigma/Spencer and Chris/Spencer.

I came across him too. He almost made Chris seem viable. He does have a damn good Spencer though.

Yeah, his air conversions were pretty sick with Spencer. I made sure to put that guy in the box to get rid of him asap lol Mostly since as good as his Chris was, it was much easier dealing with him by himself.

sephi22

npd numbers should be out today it seems

7IOLHGL.gif

patchday

Yeah I watched that tournament for a bit but then tuned in to maximillian since he was using more non-tier combinations which I found more interesting to watch

At least the pros adopted Sigma early on which was fun but I think they switched off of him after they lost one match. just no loyalty when money is on the line so yeah I was enjoying watching Max play for rest of the night

So SonicFox lost? I missed that o_O

Menitta

Thinking about picking this up on Black Friday. How easy is it to pick up combos and figure them out compared to UMVC?

Also Is the Carol Danvers pilot costume included in the PS4 version, not just as a preorder bonus?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thinking about picking this up on Black Friday. How easy is it to pick up combos and figure them out compared to UMVC?

Also Is the Carol Danvers pilot costume included in the PS4 version, not just as a preorder bonus?

it should be included. At long you pick up the box which had the disclaimer on it.

brian!

Depends on the character and ur skill level but i feel like comboing in this game is pretty intuitive

Neoxon

• As brian! said, it depends on which character you pick up. The magic series for MvCI (LP-LK-HP-HK-c.HP-LP-LK-HP-HK) should work for pretty much every character, so that should be pretty easy to pick up on as a starting point.
  • The code for Captain Marvel's Major Carol Danvers costume is included in the box of the PS4 version.

tariniel

Question for Dante players, one if his BnB's has him do: crazy dance > cr.LK > launch

I miss the cr.LK about 80% of the time and can't figure out the timing. Anyone have a trick or something to know when to press it?

Also, if I buy Monster Hunter, what type of partner does she need? Can I just use Dante and be fine?

Menitta

it should be included. At long you pick up the box which had the disclaimer on it.

Depends on the character and ur skill level but i feel like comboing in this game is pretty intuitive

• As brian! said, it depends on which character you pick up. The magic series for MvCI (LP-LK-HP-HK-c.HP-LP-LK-HP-HK) should work for pretty much every character, so that should be pretty easy to pick up on as a starting point.
  • The code for Captain Marvel's Major Carol Danvers costume is included in the box of the PS4 version.

Alright then I'll pick it up. Learning an individual character I'm not too worried about. It's combining two with tag that I've never been great at. I'll figure it out though.

Thank you very much!

Sigmaah

Sigmas QCB+Lp in the air is soooo good!!! (Divide or some shit right? I haven't really memorized the names) shits an overhead, 2 hits and has armor :0

YAAAS I LOVE THIS GAME. Also I can finally not use reality cause sigmas QCP+HP eats that shit FREE. IM COMING FOR YOU REALITY SPAMMERS.

YAAAS NIGGA YAAAAS.

PSqueak

Banned
Had a long session with a buddy last night, finally feel like i have adapted to the changes to Frank, and this only reaffirmed for that Sigma is buckets of fun to play.

Still having some troubles properly controlling black panther, he's so jumpy.

Top Bottom