• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

I'd be surprised if no one has pointed this out yet but I just realized the trailer says "6 all-new DLC characters", which IIRC is exactly what the SFV Akuma trailer said at the end. It's probably a pretty safe bet that none of them have been in a Marvel vs. Capcom game before.

Original Characters Confirmed.

__

Seriously though, this is pretty awesome. New to the series Marvel and Capcom characters. Each reveal will be exciting.

SaikyoBro

Another tidbit I noticed. From the official website:

For the first time in franchise history, the Marvel and Capcom universes collide in a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode, as heroes and villains battle together to save their merged worlds from a sinister new threat, Ultron Sigma.

That's right, there are going to be villains in this game!

Seyavesh

Someone said Wesker was probably going to save Chris from Ultron's attack.

That wouldn't be so shocking now.

wrong, the summary is actually a spoiler for what happens later in the game:

Vr63xUY.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Original Characters Confirmed.

__

Seriously though, this is pretty awesome. New to the series Marvel and Capcom characters. Each reveal will be exciting.

Yup, I'm looking forward for those 5 more newcomers, and hopefully we would able to see 8-10 characters for Characters Season 2018.

I meant they could potentially save some time by reusing some assets from UMVC3 to padding the numbers for Character Season 2018. Also I can't believe that people would rather to just complains about almost everything about the games, and being excited about some new news like potential yearly passes for MVCI. I do remember some fans were asking for it.

Another tidbit I noticed. From the official website:
That's right, there are going to be villains in this game!

That's definitely good news. I really hope to see few villains from UMVC3 coming back for this game as well.

Dahbomb

I know the story is going to be goofy, schlocky comic book non sense...

But I hope Dante gets to troll through everyone in it.

Neonep

No? They made some balance changes.

We are talking about fundamental level controls here, not changing charge timings/leniency.

This is like making a DMC game and then 5 months before the game's release they are like "hey guys we are going to change Stinger motion from R1+Forward+Trinagle to just forward, forward Triangle".

You know they have to be doing other stuff like BALANCING/PLAYTESTING, bug fixing and polishing the graphics in the same time frame right now. How the hell were controls/game play fundamentals not set in stone in the first few months of the game development? The whole game is supposed to play around these mechanics.

I am sure some game developer is going to come here and rant on me about it... but this just seems off to me.

Earlier today I was talking about how tight the timeline is for this game and it has the signs of this game being a rush job. Between the initial review and release is about 10 months which is nuts. At least for RE7 we knew that they were making it for a long time before it was revealed at E3 last year. For this though we didn't know until rumors prior to PSX. You think this game might be being rushed a bit?

Coda

Earlier today I was talking about how tight the timeline is for this game and it has the signs of this game being a rush job. Between the initial review and release is about 10 months which is nuts. At least for RE7 we knew that they were making it for a long time before it was revealed at E3 last year. For this though we didn't know until rumors prior to PSX. You think this game might be being rushed a bit?

There's no reason to believe this game is being rushed, it was probably started in terms of early development months after if not directly after MvC3 came out. I think what we're seeing today will be tweaked and polished before release in September.

Village

Dante won't get dirty with a peasant like ultron.. he'll pop up once thanos and galactus tag team together.

Utron would rock the shit out of dante.

Ultron was rocking people who would strait up rock dante.

Ultron took over a world that housed Both Doom and Strange. Dante has actually, literally nothing. But I guess this is shit movie ultron?

Lt.Chips

All-new DLC characters you say? My picks:

-Marvel-
1. Silver Surfer
2. Nick Fury
3. Sentry/Void

-Capcom-
1. Jester/Arkham (DMC3)
2. The Steel Samurai (Ace Attorney)
3. Samanoske (Onimusha)

KingBroly

Banned
What's going to suck I think is that Marvel might force DLC to be released based on Marvel's movie schedule, assuming it goes out that far

Neonep

There's no reason to believe this game is being rushed, it was probably started in terms of early development months after if not directly after MvC3 came out. I think what we're seeing today will be tweaked and polished before release in September.
I definitely don't believe that because at one point the license for Capcom to use Marvel characters expired. They pulled everything from PSN & Xbox Live. That's why it was a big deal when UMVC3 was ported to Xbox One & PS4. A completely different team is working on this game compared to MVC3. Those 2 facts I know.

Dahbomb

Utron would rock the shit out of dante.

Ultron was rocking people who would strait up rock dante.

Ultron took over a world that housed Both Doom and Strange. Dante has actually, literally nothing. But I guess this is shit movie ultron?
Dante would school both Doom and Strange. He schooled Mundus and the Despair Embodied, he can school Ultron too.

Dante has taken out gods/demigods in his world without breaking much of a sweat.

I asked when the game began development. They wouldn't tell me for understandable reasons.

It does not seem like it started recently. By the time we saw it at PSX, it had a lot more development time than people think.

LaNaranja

You know who would bring the hype back? Jack Baker.
Imagine just a country dad fighting Ultron with a shovel, and a special where he gets in a car and runs over the enemy. Then you would have all his banter "I told ya I'd find you", "where you think you goin?"

That would get me on the train

Get that hell out of here with that dusty ass fan fiction motherfucker.

Who we really need to bring the hype is Helena.

tumblr_n1bgjqlU8j1tpslv4o1_500.gif

Neonep

What's going to suck I think is that Marvel might force DLC to be released based on Marvel's movie schedule, assuming it goes out that far
No this is actually a good thing. After the September release of the game here is MCU's schedule.

Thor: Ragnarok - November 3rd, 2017
Black Panther - February 16th, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War - May 4th, 2018
Ant-Man & The Wasp - July 6th, 2018
Captain Marvel - March 8th, 2019
Avengers - May 3rd, 2019
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 - July 5th, 2019

Also the Defenders will have already came out on Netflix.

The majority of the characters that would be in the game from those movies would have already been there or highly anticipated.

Menitta

So DP motions are gone? Awesome. Time to never play Ryu in this game. Ever.

That's fucking stupid. Removing motions isn't going to get more people to buy it. Holy shit, that's fucking stupid.

Sorry I'm late on this but that's FUCKING STUPID!

NEO0MJ

Dante would school both Doom and Strange. He schooled Mundus and the Despair Embodied, he can school Ultron too.

Dante has taken out gods/demigods in his world without breaking much of a sweat.

Dante could barely perceive the Marvel Gods, let alone take them down.

And lol at schooling Doom, the guy who's sole purpose is to not lose, and if he does it was actually a Doombot.

So DP motions are gone? Awesome. Time to never play Ryu in this game. Ever.

That's fucking stupid. Removing motions isn't going to get more people to buy it. Holy shit, that's fucking stupid.

Sorry I'm late on this but that's FUCKING STUPID!

It isn't finalized. They're still playing with motion changes.

Pfft, taking out demigods or gods.

Doom literally went to hell and kicked the devil's ass to get the soul of his mom outta there.
And don't even get me fucking started with Strange. Dante is a fucking toddler compared to Strange. The Sorcerer Supreme could wipe Dante out of the multiverse with a simple waggle of his finger. He's just too busy keeping the planet safe from eldritch gods that try to invade the universe, he ain't got no time for those children's games. Come back if you have an actual threat to the very fabric of reality. Demigods without much a sweat my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom