• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who would bring the hype back? Jack Baker.
Imagine just a country dad fighting Ultron with a shovel, and a special where he gets in a car and runs over the enemy. Then you would have all his banter "I told ya I'd find you", "where you think you goin?"

That would get me on the train

God please no.

BBboy20

God please no.
giphy.gif

JediLink

I still think "bunch of cutscenes eventually leading to some contrived reason the heroes have to fight eachother where you gain control for a few minutes before returning to cutscenes" isn't the right way to do single player content in fighting games. When I think of any single player mode I've ever liked, it always lets you choose which character(s) you want to play rather than having to continuously bounce between all the characters you have no idea how to play.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Imagine just a country dad fighting Ultron with a shovel, and a special where he gets in a car and runs over the enemy. Then you would have all his banter "I told ya I'd find you", "where you think you goin?"

Waste of a character slot.

PullumPurna

Neo Member
The trailer was extremely underwhelming to me, and I was reeeeeeally hyped for this game. At least there will be a story mode. I hope it's good and they're able to fit all of the characters in it (please please please let Felicia be in the base roster, she would be so much fun as part of the story!)
And I must say... That limited version is looking GORGEOUS! That Captain Marvel... WOW! :O

I can see it. He should have hell of super armor and transform as he takes damage.

So where are we the character leak stuff from last weekend? Legit or already contradicted?
Edit: looking back the leaks didn't mention Ultron or Sigma being playable even tho they were already hinted at. 🤔

Anbec7

I think people are overreacting but I guess this thing is normal.
If the game is simpler but has some challenge is OK on my book, I mean it gives the chance of more people joining to play this types of games.
Besides maybe it's just a simple mode for newcomers.
At this point show me more Gameplay Capcom!

Dahbomb

Didn't Capcom fucking change some inputs in SFV like a month ago
No? They made some balance changes.

We are talking about fundamental level controls here, not changing charge timings/leniency.

This is like making a DMC game and then 5 months before the game's release they are like "hey guys we are going to change Stinger motion from R1+Forward+Trinagle to just forward, forward Triangle".

You know they have to be doing other stuff like BALANCING/PLAYTESTING, bug fixing and polishing the graphics in the same time frame right now. How the hell were controls/game play fundamentals not set in stone in the first few months of the game development? The whole game is supposed to play around these mechanics.

I am sure some game developer is going to come here and rant on me about it... but this just seems off to me.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yes.

Again, can't give impressions until the 27th. What you've heard isn't wrong, but I came away feeling good about it.

Edit: At the time, the producer told me they were still playing with command executions.

I guess I would wage that we might see Ed trailer tomorrow and gameplay and impressions on Thursday.

Changing command inputs 5 months until release date....

Alberto seems to believe the inputs are optional, since the producer was playing with them as well.
Edit: At the time, the producer told me they were still playing with command executions.

Homeboy is a pretty reliable source, so either some commands are done differently, or it's optional.

JayEH

We are talking about fundamental level controls here, not changing charge timings/leniency.

This is like making a DMC game and then 5 months before the game's release they are like "hey guys we are going to change Stinger motion from R1+Forward+Trinagle to just forward, forward Triangle".

You know they have to be doing other stuff like BALANCING/PLAYTESTING, bug fixing and polishing the graphics in the same time frame right now. How the hell were controls/game play fundamentals not set in stone in the first few months of the game development?

I am sure some game developer is going to come here and rant on me about it... but this just seems off to me.

Boxer got a dp motion, there was a couple of other changes I think as well to some other characters.

During the betas they were messing with some necalli inputs as well. Changing things right now is not uncommon.

Dahbomb

Boxer got a dp motion, there was a couple of other changes I think as well to some other characters.

During the betas they were messing with some necalli inputs as well. Changing things right now is not uncommon.
Again we are talking about system wide changes here, not character specific ones.

The whole game has to be balanced around DPs with down, down versus regular motion. Suddenly you have to worry about certain moves always auto correcting when triggered which has to be taken into account for balancing.

You know they have to be doing other stuff like BALANCING/PLAYTESTING, bug fixing and polishing the graphics in the same time frame right now. How the hell were controls/game play fundamentals not set in stone in the first few months of the game development? The whole game is supposed to play around these mechanics.

MVC3 completely changed how tagging was done after people expressed frustration over it at E3. They also removed universal air-dashes and double jumps well after the game had been demoed at various tournaments/events. Changing the inputs aren't that out there, honestly.

Dahbomb

MVC3 completely changed how tagging was done after people expressed frustration over it at E3. They also removed universal air-dashes and double jumps well after the game had been demoed at various tournaments/events. Changing the inputs aren't that out there, honestly.
Nearly 10 months before launch versus 5 months.

This is cutting it really close right now.

And, again, a presser dude here said this:

So it's possible Ryce's source was only given that simple mode, OR DPs and a few certain moves get that simple change and the rest don't.

According to SneakersSO (who I believe has insider intel), there won't be any Fox characters in the 2017 Character Pass (I.E. the first 6 DLC characters). But according to Ryce, the Fox characters will be DLC at some point.

Welp, I won't be buying this game or the character pass until Fox characters are part of it then.

I think people are in a generally negative mindset in this forum because every new piece of news on this sounds horrible.

- No assists
- No X-Men classic characters that basically defined Marvel in the previous games
- Hideous HUD
- Art style and direction look like they're imported from a mobile game like Contest of Champions

MVC3 was a drastic shift from MVC2 and the community was pretty split on it before release, but this kind of just looks soulless.

SaikyoBro

I'd be surprised if no one has pointed this out yet but I just realized the trailer says "6 all-new DLC characters", which IIRC is exactly what the SFV Akuma trailer said at the end. It's probably a pretty safe bet that none of them have been in a Marvel vs. Capcom game before.

Welp, I won't be buying this game or the character pass until Fox characters are part of it then.

I think people are in a generally negative mindset in this forum because every new piece of news on this sounds horrible.

- No assists
- No X-Men classic characters that basically defined Marvel in the previous games
- Hideous HUD
- Art style and direction look like they're imported from a mobile game like Contest of Champions

Do you know how awful people treated MvC3 before it launched? I heard much worse.

People are just always negative when it comes to things they half-know

I'd be surprised if no one has pointed this out yet but I just realized the trailer says "6 all-new DLC characters", which IIRC is exactly what the SFV Akuma trailer said at the end. It's probably a pretty safe bet that none of them have been in a Marvel vs. Capcom game before.
So any leaks that have doom/xmen characters as DLC isn't legit? Well unless they mean for next year :3

at long last we can play as cyber akuma

Dahbomb

It's time for Nero to grip some fools.

I still think "bunch of cutscenes eventually leading to some contrived reason the heroes have to fight eachother where you gain control for a few minutes before returning to cutscenes" isn't the right way to do single player content in fighting games. When I think of any single player mode I've ever liked, it always lets you choose which character(s) you want to play rather than having to continuously bounce between all the characters you have no idea how to play.

The world tour modes in Alpha 3 and Soul Calibur are my favorite single player fighting game content.

Although I have to admit the story modes they do in the MK and Injustice games are dumb enough to make them fun.

Bronx-Man

Banned

DR2K

Banned
Ironically TAC was frowned upon as auto combo for babies and ended up a broken hard as fuck to execute infinite combo bull shit extravaganza.

Big0Bear

It's possible this got a greenlight sometime in 2015 and they simply developed it in silence until that PSX reveal , September would mean it's going to get at least as long a development schedule as SFV. I'm assuming it's being made by the same team that did MVC3 , it's already been demonstrated they've re-used a very large portion of that games animation and Eighting (I think that was the studio's name) has merely been subcontracted by capcom in this case. In other words - probably as much work as making MVC3 in the first place which was a 32 character game with a dozen backgrounds and every mode you could think of. SFV used a new engine with incredibly high poly character models compared to what this seems to be going for , lot's of extra physics at work too.

Don't get me wrong - September does seem early and I'm raising an eyebrow of +5 suspicion after what happened with SFV but they had to have learned from their mistakes right ?

Hopefully all this simplified control nonsense is just that , game was already simple enough to play as it was. Dragon Punch motions in particular could be changed to just a quarter circle , make button 1 for hadoukens and button 2 for shoryu's . Not hard. 100% reliable too. I don't recall Marvel 3 being far off from that either.

For me it's their track record they screwed up with sfxt sfv so why not this. Plus we don't know how many characters there are but we know there is Dlc. Capcoms primary focus is Dlc after that maybe the game itself

Dahbomb

Ironically TAC was frowned upon as auto combo for babies and ended up a broken hard as fuck to execute infinite combo bull shit extravaganza.
So? TAC is a bad mechanic and will always be a bad mechanic.

That it led to some bull shit doesn't make it something that should ever be repeated in a fighting game ever again.

Velikost

RE7 was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom