• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Pfft, taking out demigods or gods.

Doom literally went to hell and kicked the devil's ass to get the soul of his mom outta there.
And don't even get me fucking started with Strange. Dante is a fucking toddler compared to Strange. The Sorcerer Supreme could wipe Dante out of the multiverse with a simple waggle of his finger. He's just too busy keeping the planet safe from eldritch gods that try to invade the universe, he ain't got no time for those children's games. Come back if you have an actual threat to the very fabric of reality. Demigods without much a sweat my ass.
If you knew the original story of Dante for DMC4.

If you knew the original story of Dante for DMC4.

Doom came first tho. Doom's the trendsetter. Dante is just a cheap ass copycat. And Doom doesn't need to be the son of a demon either to kick the devil's ass, he just does it out of his own will.
If Doom had the powers of a half-demon, Dante would be shitting his pants at just hearing Doom's name.

Village

Dante would school both Doom and Strange. He schooled Mundus and the Despair Embodied, he can school Ultron too.

Dante has taken out gods/demigods in his world without breaking much of a sweat.

No
Dante took out powerful demons calling themseleves gods. The things that Doom and Strange have done make dante's entire life look mootDoom has stolen powers from being so insanely high dante wouldn't even be able to comprehend fighting them, and said " eh fuck it " and is literally one of the smartest people in the world who is most known for out thinking most of the other smartest people in the fucking world. And strange doesn't fight gods, he fights realms. Dante couldn't even begin to understand what the hell that even means.

Dante is good for joke, a laugh, a giigle. He ha s snarky line, but at the end of the day, he's playing in the realm of not gods, but cosmic entities. And Dante doesn't know a goddamned thing about a fucking cosmic entities.

The fuck dante know about a deviant? A goddamned thing, he stays in his hell corner, and maybe just maybe , he might get a fight over on ghost rider on a bad day

Doom has stolen powers from being so insanely high dante wouldn't even be able to comprehend fighting them, and said " eh fuck it "

98Get0s.png

We dbz now

All of the DBZ cast combined couldn't stand up to Strange lol.

Neonep

DBZ don't know nothing about comic power levels.

Do you think your video game character is faster the flash. I will explain to you why that in most cases its impossible, and it will sound like all types of bullshit
This is a fact if I've ever seen one. The shit goes way too deep.

Be honest...

Which version are yall getting? I'm gonna cop that $199 CE. No shame.

I was almost in on this, but really it would just be for the stones and I can't justify that. I don't care for statues.

I don't like steelbooks either. I like uniformity and consistency in my game collections so i'll prob just buy the base game + dlc

Nothing has been able to top Dragonball levels. Well comicbooks have no bounds either and they've had decades to top themselves.

Dr. Strange doesn't need some magic dragon testicles to revive people. He can do it with the snap of a finger. He just doesn't do it because he has better shit to do and possibly because there might be consequences attached to it.

Seriously, Strange is the deus ex machina of Marvel. If writers wrote themselves into a corner they bring in Strange as a cameo and have him fix shit magically cause he can do that.

Fandangox

Nothing has been able to top Dragonball levels. Well comicbooks have no bounds either and they've had decades to top themselves.

okay power level talks are always fun and silly but, dbz is not even close to the pinnacle of bullshit that can be enjoyed on the anime medium alone. Gurren Lagan's final battle had the combatant throwing GALAXIES like fucking frisbees

cheesekao

Dr. Strange doesn't need some magic dragon testicles to revive people. He can do it with the snap of a finger. He just doesn't do it because he has better shit to do and possibly because there might be consequences attached to it.

Seriously, Strange is the deus ex machina of Marvel. If writers wrote themselves into a corner they bring in Strange as a cameo and have him fix shit magically cause he can do that.
As powerful as he is, he's still human after all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wait, wait. DP's are a button and down twice? Why do they insist on locking people out with these ridiculous execution barriers?

Village

He can't do everything. he has limits, they just aren't normal limits like . " Oh I ran out of ki" its like , i would have to summon a demon and that would like... fuck up shit worse so we can't do that. Like those kind of limits. lIke when he faught world war hulk was kind of winning , but got corrupted by the demon he summon for help, retreated and the WWHulk rocked him. So its less a batter and more , just shit he shouldn't be doing or out of his jurisdiction. LIke he can't do jack shit about Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider is the Cody Travers of Marvel. Dude is secretly top teir and like no one can stop him. And he always comes back, and that's it.

Android 17 could solo the whole Marvel universe.

By having mechanical parts he would already be susceptible to virus's and any number of technical wizardy the Marvel universe could come up with

From what you've seen of the game, do you as a Marvel fan have high hopes for it?

Edit: Originally read the question as "Do you think Marvel fans will have high hopes for it?"

Depends on why they liked Marvel.

I really can't get into it without coming dangerously close to embargo. I am not even sure if I am allowed to say whether or not I liked what I played. I believe I can say that one thing I like in fighting games is the ability to guess what your opponent is about to do and outplay them.

I don't think comparisons to previous failures that might have been trying the same thing are necessarily accurate.

Once we get some gameplay mechanics and if they're sounding good, as well as pristine hands-on - does it feel like a Marvel game - then I'm up for a $200 game I guess. Will need a new stick too, so it might have to be just the LE...

If it doesn't look to be special then I'll grab an OG copy, not a big deal. I'll probably still have fun with the characters and that way I def won't need to get another stick.

Hoping the game is fun first and foremost. That doesn't (shouldn't?) inhibit competitive aspirations. Thursday sounding like the day for impressions, right?

Also, Dante (and most of the Marvel universe) wouldn't be able to fux with Dorm, much less Doom or Strange. Too soon junior.

As powerful as he is, he's still human after all.

This. If he manages to pull off his magic and call whatever elder god for power, he does deus ex machina stuff, but he is still human. He got shot in The Oath by a guy trying to steal the cure for cancer, funny fact that the gun used was Hitler's. If you catch him off guard (which honestly happens often enough that they can write stories around it) he still goes down like any other.

Top level Dragonball is Xeno, which honestly is just moot when you talk about those kinds of characters that can do anything in their reality, like erasing timelines and universes for shits and giggles. They all do the same crap anyways. It's usually them messing around with other characters is when it gets interesting.

Anth0ny

so we already know there's the power stone and time stone in the game

i wonder what the other 4 will do

i sure they won't be completely awful and get shit on by the fgc

Edit: Originally read the question as "Do you think Marvel fans will have high hopes for it?"

Depends on why they liked Marvel.

I really can't get into it without coming dangerously close to embargo. I am not even sure if I am allowed to say whether or not I liked what I played. I believe I can say that one thing I like in fighting games is the ability to guess what your opponent is about to do and outplay them.

I don't think comparisons to previous failures that might have been trying the same thing are necessarily accurate.

Hey, I understand completely. Thanks for answering. I look forward to your review on Thursday.

One last question: were you guys playing on Sticks or Pads?

Dahbomb

No
Dante took out powerful demons calling themseleves gods. The things that Doom and Strange have done make dante's entire life look mootDoom has stolen powers from being so insanely high dante wouldn't even be able to comprehend fighting them, and said " eh fuck it " and is literally one of the smartest people in the world who is most known for out thinking most of the other smartest people in the fucking world. And strange doesn't fight gods, he fights realms. Dante couldn't even begin to understand what the hell that even means.

Dante is good for joke, a laugh, a giigle. He ha s snarky line, but at the end of the day, he's playing in the realm of not gods, but cosmic entities. And Dante doesn't know a goddamned thing about a fucking cosmic entities.

The fuck dante know about a deviant? A goddamned thing, he stays in his hell corner, and maybe just maybe , he might get a fight over on ghost rider on a bad day
Don't gotta know shit, he's going to wing it like he always does.

And then style on them fools. Cosmics? They got wings?

Doom literally went to hell and kicked the devil's ass to get the soul of his mom outta there.
Going to hell and back? Dante does that in like every single game. Hell is like a walk in the park for him at this point.

Most people don't know...but Dante is the "Superman" character for Capcom. He is as strong as he needs to be, he will always beat his opposition. They will write some bull shit of him having a cosmic battle in space and he will still win that fight. Every game he has some new bull shit ability. They keep stretching the limits of his mortality too. And he just keeps getting more ridiculous to the point that he has trivialized everything in his universe.

I am actually not even kidding here, the people who write Dante as a character don't know how to progress him forward, they do in fact have a dilemma on their hand. How do you make a game with a villain that actually poses a threat to him? You have to do some multi-universe crap at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom