• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales : Screenshot PS5

VFX is not insinuating that the PS5 shot is pre-rendered. He’s saying the PS4 shot is directly from gameplay; whereas he believes the PS5 shot is from a cutscene.

He believes the Spider-Man PS4 cutscenes are equal to the Miles Morales cutscenes. And also believes Miles Morales PS5 gameplay graphics will be the same quality as PS4 gameplay graphics.

Are you speaking for VFXVeteran VFXVeteran ?

VFX is not insinuating that the PS5 shot is pre-rendered. He’s saying the PS4 shot is directly from gameplay; whereas he believes the PS5 shot is from a cutscene.

He believes the Spider-Man PS4 cutscenes are equal to the Miles Morales cutscenes. And also believes Miles Morales PS5 gameplay graphics will be the same quality as PS4 gameplay graphics.
Based on what?

Falc67

Well it wouldn’t make sense if he thought the PS5 shot was pre-rendered, since HE doesn’t think it looks better than the PS4 cutscene visuals.

Lol read this...

Honestly I don't see how that screenshot isn't similar to what we will get. As for the way it looks it doesn't seem that far off Spiderman on PS4 so I think it's definitely possible on the system.

My opinion it's that it's Spiderman PS4 with increased resolution and done next gen features as well. Other things will be improved like asset quality and visual effects.

However I do agree with the sentiment that it isn't a true next gen Spiderman game that's what Insomniacs next Spiderman game will be for.

Still don't understand how he came to the conclusion that one screenshot is a cinematic and the other is gameplay.

Papacheeks

Banned
Because it's going to overall look like a 4k render of the original on PS4 with RT reflections. I've come to the conclusion that both companies are reluctant to show gameplay because it's not going to be the next-gen quality everyone is hoping for. But that's just me.

So Ratchet's character model which has as much if not more pixel density than the CGI film is not next gen? Streaming of assets in the level as your warping is not next gen? RT reflections and advance physics scene in the gameplay is not next gen?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Who here thinks getting a next-gen game at launch that's the quality (graphics wise) as 2018's PS4 Spiderman but at 4K resolution, Ultra settings, and Ray-Tracing reflections isn't awesome? Plus there's a 4K/60 mode too? And all of this at the launch of a next-gen console! Why would this NOT be considered mind-blowing?

Bryank75

Banned
Who here thinks getting a next-gen game at launch that's the quality (graphics wise) as 2018's PS4 Spiderman but at 4K resolution, Ultra settings, and Ray-Tracing reflections isn't awesome? Plus there's a 4K/60 mode too? And all of this at the launch of a next-gen console! Why would this NOT be considered mind-blowing?
It'll have way more than that but you're right even if it was just that...it would be worth it.

Papacheeks

Banned

What If I were to tell you thats not the only big great looking game that will be there near launch?

Papacheeks

Banned
I'd ask you what game are you speaking of? Because none of us knows what game you could be talking about.

Ratchet. and possibly Destruction All-stars.

One of the leakers on era that leaked the entire June show, listed Ratchet as being launch, same with spiderman, and destruction all stars. Now that could be them mis-interpetting the info, and those games are launch "window". But honestly I believe sackboy, spiderman and one other game is first party launch.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

One of the leakers on era that leaked the entire June show, listed Ratchet as being launch, same with spiderman, and destruction all stars. Now that could be them mis-interpetting the info, and those games are launch "window". But honestly I believe sackboy, spiderman and one other game is first party launch.

WHOA! That would be crazy!!!! But I just can't see it being possible. Insomniac makes both Ratchet and Spiderman. Why would they want to compete with themselves at launch?

Big Insomniac fan here.

I personally believe that Ratchet is a launch window title. Hopefully it arrives on the system within 6 months of it's launch. Same goes for Demon Souls.

Papacheeks

Banned
WHOA! That would be crazy!!!! But I just can't see it being possible. Insomniac makes both Ratchet and Spiderman. Why would they want to compete with themselves at launch?

They wouldn't if Miles was launch as in November when the console launches or October if they choose to launch it in that month. But you can have Miles for launch day, and ratchet Mid December. Nintendo does it. It's possible maybe they release GT7 in december and ratchet is Q1 2021. But even in alpha that build looked very much along.

GT7 had what looks like final menu system.

The talk from Sony just sounds like they have more ready for launch and launch window time frame similar to how Nintendo lined up switches first year. If they were in the same position as Xbox in terms of releases being delayed into 2021 outside of miles, we would have heard something by now. I think we will hear more in a week or two.

Papacheeks

Banned
Big Insomniac fan here.

I personally believe that Ratchet is a launch window title. Hopefully it arrives on the system within 6 months of it's launch. Same goes for Demon Souls.

Either ratchet is December or early Q1. I mean menu system, cutscene to gameplay and then showing extended gameplay that had a lot of things looking far along. And remember ratchet and clank 2016 was made in like 10 months. This is why even with covid I think we are going to see both their games for launch/launch window.

When Sony does another state of play it will be a deep dive on miles, bugsnax, and a montage of games with their release dates.

The cut off point in all honesty when looking at things is literally end of this month for retailers. Already we have controllers from MS leaking that have ship boxes with street date stickers. I worked retail for 10 years and did many launches. Basically we would have to have things in our PO system minimum of 4-8 weeks before release.

Sony has a plan, and I think closer to the end of this month going into TGS time, they will reveal more.

DC has their fan-dome next week. Which is around the time it was originally rumored for a Playstation state of play or event. I also believe if Sony still has a deal with Warner bros we will see the harry potter game and montreal batman game.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
You know what's crazy, it's that the pic on the left and the game on the left still looks amazing to this day and plays great to this day. Pic on the left happened 5 years after the launch of the console and pic on the right is from a game that's launching right at the launch of a console. Can't wait for the PS5, day one!

If you were to take Infamous second son as the baseline, then you'd see things didn't change much towards the end of the gen.

There was a bump, but it wasn't drastic.

Infamous-Second-Son.png

infamoussecondson.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Did you play that game though? The size of the city was small compared to something like Spiderman. There really was a jump.
I only played the game during release on a Best Buy station, it looked amazing, but I cannot speak of the quality of the full game.
Yes, there was a massive jump in data streaming techniques and other factors besides image quality. What I meant to say is that it is hard to believe we'll get something much better looking throughout the gen than what a PR handpicked screenshot looks like.
I am not trying to be a Debbie downer, but I have seen too many generations come and go, and those marketing screenshots usually paint a high bar beyond than anything we get to see in actual gameplay.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Credentials in his name here.... I honesty think he should be renamed to BSVeteran, because despite his apparent credentials he is more often wrong than the average forum gamers.

And so how close was I to my claim? I'd say DAMN close.

You sit here and try to say I'm wrong about things that I'm nearly ALWAYS correct about. The mere fact that that's the case makes you want to call me a fraud even more because you HATE that I am accurate about my claims. My credentials come from my work and my knowledge. Which despite you ignoring it, the job sector does not. If I'm so much full of bullshit, I wouldn't be where I am today. Sorry about Spiderman MM being nothing more than a high res version of PS4 with RT reflections and a few enhanced shaders. Don't take it personal.

Last edited:
And so how close was I to my claim? I'd say DAMN close.

You sit here and try to say I'm wrong about things that I'm nearly ALWAYS correct about. The mere fact that that's the case makes you want to call me a fraud even more because you HATE that I am accurate about my claims. My credentials come from my work and my knowledge. Which despite you ignoring it, the job sector does not. If I'm so much full of bullshit, I wouldn't be where I am today. Sorry about Spiderman MM being nothing more than a high res version of PS4 with RT reflections and a few enhanced shaders. Don't take it personal.
The character models are notably improved, as is the texture resolution of practically every object, geometry is also increased. And from the look of it destructibility is also notably increased as is draw distance and npc density.

Gameplay model 🤯
Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20201120002232.png

Don't know if photomode alters models, but if not that model looks pretty crazy. Even compared to cyberpunk.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
The character models are notably improved, as is the texture resolution of practically every object, geometry is also increased. And from the look of it destructibility is also notably increased.

I mentioned what was improved on the characters. SS and the hair shader. Period. It still looks like a PS4 game. Btw, if you are going to show images, show gameplay shots - not cinematics. Cinematics don't represent what the game is running 99% of the time. It's misleading in forums.

Don't know if photomode alters models, but if not that model looks pretty crazy. Even compared to cyberpunk.

So Cyberpunk is already inferior to Spiderman MM? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You Sony boys just won't quit will you??

Last edited:
I mentioned what was improved on the characters. SS and the hair shader. Period. It still looks like a PS4 game. Btw, if you are going to show images, show gameplay shots - not cinematics. Cinematics don't represent what the game is running 99% of the time. It's misleading in forums.
The user who posted that image says it's from an ingame moment with photomode. Don't know if he's mistaken.

VFXVeteran

Banned
The user who posted that image says it's from an ingame moment with photomode. Don't know if he's mistaken.

I'm talking about YOUR screenshot. That spidey shot he showed looks just like the PS4 game. There is barely any difference. My point was - alabtrosMyster alabtrosMyster was being snide and rude in addressing a guys question about my claims.. and he was WRONG as two left shoes since what I said came out to be true. Spiderman MM isn't a LEAP over PS4 and is pretty much what I said they would add to the game.

Top Bottom