• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masuda announcing something on Pokemon Smash next Sunday

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml
TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.

Update

Edit @ 20:58 BST; The official site's Pokémon Smash site also details this, but doesn't reference Masuda's appearance, but states that "Latest Game Information" is to be revealed. This does not necessarily confirm the above, but leads in the right direction

Edit @ 00:34 BST; Something that may destroy the flames; Pokémon Smash's episode just aired in Japan and mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

DarkWish said:
Video of the preview of next week's episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TstHCofos0E

Kyzer

Banned
Someone pointed out theres a good chance its Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS but Im wondering why Masuda himself? Also, Nintendo announcing Pokemon at this conference WOULD be a great move for the 3DS.

Edit: I hope its Pokemon TCG 3D

We already knew that another game coming out this year was set to be announced sometime soon from an earlier interview, but it won't be a mainline game since Tsunekazu Ishihara (CEO of The Pokemon Company) said that it would be of "the same level" of importance as the Pokemon titles that were released in the 1st half of this year in Japan (Pokemon Typing, Pokedex 3D and Super Pokemon Rumble)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....es-on-the-way/

So that rules out any mainline games completely.

There's a very good chance that it is a new Mystery Dungeon game. They did say that they wanted to support the DS "while showing what the 3DS can do", so there's a good chance that it's a multiplaform game that allows for communication between a DS and a 3DS version (sound familiar?)

Plus, look at when the first Mystery Dungeon game came out on DS/GBA for more of a hint (Oh and Chunsoft don't have too many games in development to work on a PMD game as well right now...)

A Mystery Dungeon game would certainly fit the bill since it's not a "major" title.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
RS 3DS Remake, bros.

I don't think Masuda has ever appeared on the show to announce a non-Gamefreak developed game, so I doubt it'd be Mysterious Dungeon.

Mikey Jr.

Has Pokemon officially run out of colours/gems?

Maybe they'll start going into elements? Pokemon hydrogen and helium?

Nuclear Muffin said:
We already knew that another game coming out this year was set to be announced sometime soon from an earlier interview, but it won't be a mainline game since Tsunekazu Ishihara (CEO of The Pokemon Company) said that it would be of "the same level" of importance as the Pokemon titles that were released in the 1st half of this year in Japan (Pokemon Typing, Pokedex 3D and Super Pokemon Rumble)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....es-on-the-way/

So that rules out any mainline games completely.

There's a very good chance that it is a new Mystery Dungeon game. They did say that they wanted to support the DS "while showing what the 3DS can do", so there's a good chance that it's a multiplaform game that allows for communication between a DS and a 3DS version (sound familiar?)

Plus, look at when the first Mystery Dungeon game came out on DS/GBA for more of a hint (Oh and Chunsoft don't have too many games in development to work on a PMD game as well right now...)

A Mystery Dungeon game would certainly fit the bill since it's not a "major" title.

Masuda wouldn't announce a MD game seeing as how GF isn't involved with those. Also that wouldn't be a shock announcement at all. I'd make more if it was a spinoff that hasn't been seen in a while...like Puzzle or Snap

wwm0nkey

Like I said in the other thread.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online for the 3DS would be the most amazing thing in the world. Started playing last week and I am addicted lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Mikey Jr. said:
Has Pokemon officially run out of colours/gems?

Maybe they'll start going into elements? Pokemon hydrogen and helium?
They should just do Pokemon Good and Pokemon Bad so you know which one to get.

Noshino

If it is indeed a new console Pokemon game, please make a more action oriented game :C

Oni Link 666 said:
Pokemon Coke and Pepsi!

while I dont play Pokemon anymore, I would totally play Pepsi

Anth0ny

Oni Link 666 said:
If there's anything that could top (or match) Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest announcements, it's a new Pokemon game.

True. I hope it's Grey or RS remakes.

If it's not a mainline game, Snap 3DS please!

Really hoping it'll be R/S remakes or Snap 3D. Didn't really care for B/W, but I'd definitely be interested in the aforementioned titles.

D-Pad

fallagin said:
It would be awesome if you could play as team rocket!
Heartgold and Soulsilver were such a tease, letting you dress up as Team Rocket (for about a millisecond).

wwm0nkey

The fact that TCG cards for TCGO have a QR code makes me lean more to TCGO for the 3DS

2j3o8pe.jpg

D-Pad

wwm0nkey said:
The fact that TCG cards for TCGO have a QR code makes me lean more to TCGO for the 3DS

http://i54.tinypic.com/2j3o8pe.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can the 3DS read QR codes?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A 3DS Pokemon Snap please. The platform is perfect for it.

backlot

D-Pad said:
Can the 3DS read QR codes?
Yeah, you can make your Miis into QR codes to share them with friends.

I'd rather that this wasn't a new TCG though. Gray or Snap would be pretty cool.

I think it would be a pretty safe bet to rule out anything not made by Game Freak since it's Masuda making the announcement. That would leave Pokemon TCG and Pokemon RPGs. I guess Game Freak could pick up Snap, but that's a HAL game.

If it's Masuda, then it's an RPG, not a spinoff.

Would Ruby/Sapphire remakes or Pokemon Grey be shock announcements?

GEN VI BELIEEEVVVVEEE

wwm0nkey

Oni Link 666 said:
I think it would be a pretty safe bet to rule out anything not made by Game Freak since it's Masuda making the announcement. That would leave Pokemon TCG and Pokemon RPGs. I guess Game Freak could pick up Snap, but that's a HAL game.
I am still going for TCG, they really could make the card game super relevant again by going digital and physical.

I really like how it is now with TCGO, buy a pack of cards and you get a pack online too.
No friends to play with? Go online.

gerudoman

I'been waiting for a new Pokemon Snap for years. I'm terribly disappointed to see that Nintendo didn't released a new one for the Wii. With the Wiiremote it would have been perfect.

I really hope that the 3D models they did for the Pokedex appear in a game, and the touchscreen to move the aim would suit Snap perfectly.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Whatever it is, it better be a 3DS title. I want one of the following, in order of likelihood.

1) Grey
2) R/S remakes
3) Snap 2
4) Stadium 3

I'm only saying Stadium 3 because 3D models of at least the newest Pokemon exist.

Top Bottom