• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maxim is officially s***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with all those other "guy" magazines. Skanks ahoy.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan rules.

According to Maxim magazine, at least this month, she's the hottest woman in the world

The "Georgia Rule" actress-troublemaker tops the magazine's eighth annual "Hot 100" list, a ranking by editors weighing buzz and beauty for women in film, TV, music, sports and fashion. (Watch how Lohan's "troublemaking" may be hurting her career Video)

"There is no other star in the world (who) causes more of a stir in the public eye than Lindsay," said Maxim Editor in Chief Jimmy Jellinek in a statement. "Her every move is watched and reported on."

Not surprisingly, Jellinek described his young, male readership as being "obsessed" with the 20-year-old Lohan, a ubiquitous party girl who spent the weekend soaking up the sun (with a new boyfriend) in the Bahamas.

Jessica Alba had to settle with the No. 2 on the list, which is in the magazine hitting stands Saturday. She's followed, in order, by Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Biel, Ali Larter, Eva Mendes, Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Fergie, Sienna Miller, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles and Katherine Heigl. (Watch clips of some of these stunning women Video)

Celebrity sisters Ashlee and Jessica Simpson are on the list at No. 16 and No. 41, respectively. Ashley Olsen, half of the mogul acting twins, placed 37th, while sister Mary-Kate didn't make the cut.

The cover of the Hot 100 June issue features a picture of No. 29: Sarah Silverman (because we are insane).

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/15/people.maximhot100.ap/index.html

"Hot" is always subjective and in the eyes of the beholder and I tend to find these Hollywood chicks over-rated but Lohan as the "hottest" woman on the Planet...

EDIT: Pic removed to not offend the prudish.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
The only reason why there's ever a Maxim or Stuff in my house is because I'll be getting them free until sometime in 2009. Those magazines are garbage. Hell, even the centerfold spreads for them have gone downhill - they look SO photoshopped now that they don't look like real women.

Probably the reason why they give "complimentary" subscriptions away when you get any real mag like National Geographic, Time, or.... um.... Penthouse....

Dedalus

Don't take it too literally. I think by "hottest" they mean the most gossip worthy, ie.

"There is no other star in the world (who) causes more of a stir in the public eye than Lindsay," said Maxim Editor in Chief Jimmy Jellinek in a statement. "Her every move is watched and reported on."

Just like when Denzel Washington said Dakota Fanning was "hot" :lol he meant her name was on everyones lips etc

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Maxim's been shit for years. I miss the prank idea articles they used to have, and why does a so-called men's magazine have to blur out every instance of nipple, pokkie, whatever, it can?

bud

tedtropy said:
Maxim's been shit for years. I miss the prank idea articles they used to have, and why does a so-called men's magazine have to blur out every instance of nipple, pokkie, whatever, it can?

real men only read the articles.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Baker said:
I miss FHM already.

FHM was fun just to see what god-awful ugly bikini they'd throw Morgan Webb in for her article month to month.

medrew

Apparently Maxim's subscription rates have been been drying up for the last couple of years and the publisher has been trying to sell it off.
You'd think this would counter any success at that

Ceekus

When did "***** please" gifs become acceptable? And tnw gets banned for a comparatively benign in-joke? I'm confused.

She used to be hot, this is true. However, as ugly as she is on the outside, she is uglier on the inside. And she doesn't change facial expressions.

a28ee72410a74f737170e387da05bd53.gif

Wraith

From the bolded parts of the article, it seems that they're going by how hot a star is in the press, not in looks. Given that, the list seems a bit more reasonable.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I realized Maxim was shit after about the first year.

I thought it was a "men's magazine", but I grow up, and it's clearly a teenager magazine.

Aside from the girls, which I do like, it's a whole bunch of dubiously humorous garbage that's probably written by moronic conservative jocks.

Brian Fellows said:
Maxim takes hot chicks and does their best to make them look ugly.

Bingo.

"Now, we know you're 10 gallons of natural hotness in a 5 gallon jug, but we've the makeup artist from the Drew Caray Show on here for the Mimi Bobek treatment, and we'd like you to bathe in this vat of bacon grease for that icky sheen..."

Ok, what's the deal with Beyonce? What the hell am I not seeing there? Everybody keeps raving about that phony bitch and I cannot get clued in. To me, she just looks like another black woman trying really hard to look white. Overrated to the extreme. I'd put Rihanna in front of her.

That said, Fergie shouldn't be ahead of ANYBODY.

Uno Ill Nino said:
Ok, what's the deal with Beyonce? What the hell am I not seeing there? Everybody keeps raving about that phony bitch and I cannot get clued in. To me, she just looks like another black woman trying really hard to look white

I said wow.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Uno Ill Nino said:
Ok, what's the deal with Beyonce? What the hell am I not seeing there? Everybody keeps raving about that phony bitch and I cannot get clued in. To me, she just looks like another black woman trying really hard to look white. Overrated to the extreme. I'd put Rihanna in front of her.

I said that years ago about beyonce and almost got the crapped kicked out of me for it, guess people still love the twigs with nice hair. Maxim has been crap since it started all I ever see is the same types of chicks in the same drab ass kind of clothing. Magazines that show teases in one flavor don't interest me since that point is easier satisifed on the web.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Uno Ill Nino said:

I wonder how Fergie actually made the list.

0427fergiewijh0.jpg

And after examining her forehead, from henceforth she shall be referred to as Furgie (and no, this isn't photoshopped)

2005fur1xv4.jpg

2010fur6rl8.jpg

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Just another reason for me not to waste my time with that POS magazine. Alot of guy magazines have fallen off lately, GQ is where it's at.

karasu

Uno Ill Nino said:

Wuhut!!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Uno Ill Nino said:
The ****?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom