• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maximilian Dood wins The Legacy Streamer Award | The Streamer Awards

Very deserving. Always watching him when it comes to fighting games and ff7. Also enjoy his monster hunter run world run too

Reactions: Dis

near

Gold Member
I think The Streamer Awards are stupid. But Maximilian Dood deserves a moment of appreciation like this. He's been a huge influence in the fighting game community, and he's commentary throughout the years has been excellent.

SJRB

Gold Member
Awesome win for an awesome guy.

Also really cool that Jinnyttv won Best IRL Streamer, this was her fourth time being nominated and it finally paid off.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He annoyed me a bit with overpraising lies of p. Especially the last level which is famously bad.
It's a great game, don't get me wrong but he went on the tangent that it's better than from software games lol and how "you could fool me and others that it's a next from software game". I mean... absolutely not lol.
Edit: oh and fighting games are boring to stream honestly but I am not a fighting games man

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The streamer awards? The fuck.
You were born yesterday? Top female streamer has a collaboration to brew beer using her pussy yeast.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

SkylineRKR

Max seems to be an ok dude with no weirdness going around him, which is a rarity in this scene.

I don't follow any streamer, but sometimes I click on a video if he discusses a retro fighter or something. He makes good content.

Valt7786

Well earned and frankly he was robbed of the fighting game streamer award too.
Losing it to a smash bros streamer of all people, nonsense.

Valt7786

every goody2shoes streamer does.
I don't know why so many people are gullible to fall for "friendly" reeee demeanor. It's like entering prison camp of your own free will

They pretty much have to over fear of being cancelled. If he got caught posting here or something they'd class him as a bigot and have him destroyed.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I enjoy watching his Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter videos. The big win for him imo is that he grew up through the 90’s Capcom and Namco games.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They pretty much have to over fear of being cancelled. If he got caught posting here or something they'd class him as a bigot and have him destroyed.
I don't think anything bad could happen to him. cancelling doesn't actually do anything.... well now that I say that... some corporations don't like to work with "cancelled"

SirTerry-T

He seems a good guy, really enjoyed his Metroid content. He did a really interesting video when Capcom unearthed all that old SF concept artwork a few years back....made me think he should do more "deep dive" content alongside his usual stuff.

Kacho

I watch his videos on YouTube. Don’t always agree with his opinions, but a good dude and the Capcom vibe of his videos is very comfy. Congrats to him.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here, was clearly a mistake brought on by the words he was trying to say and his inner hype of the moment. I wouldn't say this exposes him as a closet KKK member.
You forgot the part where someone donated 500 dollars on stream after he said it. But no I don't see Max as a racist. He was one of the few white people hanging woth all the peeps back then.

sachos

Congrats to Max, really well deserved. I really liked his streams and the YoVideogames ones were they would play retro games, do console anniversary marathons or retrospectives. It feels like he has a deeper appreciation for videogames as a whole than your average streamer. I don't remember what made me stop watching his live streams much... i remember i used to really not like his chat, it is a bunch of beaten into submission yes men and power tripping mods. Still watch some of his videos from time to time when they pop up on Youtube or i finally beat a game and go back to watch his full playthroughs/opinions of it.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Good for him, I don't ever catch his streams as it's usually late, but I do occasionally watch on of his YT videos and he is a really likeable guy. Seems really passionate about the games he enjoys (especially fighting games and FF VII). The guy also really likes Monster Hunter so that already makes him a good dude.

The guy's a very chilled streamer that attracts a lot of people (variety streaming) other than just fighting games, and his streams are usually well moderated and not so much divisive in the comments/stream monsters, so he's pretty deserving.

You were born yesterday? Top female streamer has a collaboration to brew beer using her pussy yeast.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Please tell me you're joking. This can't be real. Wtf. I can only think of Alinity, QTC or Amouranth who would do this.

Have men become so fucking desperate and depraved of their masculinity, that they have to resort of this kind of degenerate behavior?

Kind of ironic how fucking misandrist this is and no fucking feminist has ever mentioned this sexist garbage till now as an argument.

Crayon

I'm not a regular viewer but last night I watched his whole tekken legacy retrospective.

He's just an eminently likeable person. The videos were not at all prepared or researched like many video essays retrospectives. Just felt like sitting around with a friend and going down memory lane together.

tmlDan

Good for Max, but the streamer awards are not legitimate or professional.

Wish they had someone other than that Qt girl running it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Good for Max, but the streamer awards are not legitimate or professional.

Wish they had someone other than that Qt girl running it.
QT only known for being a wife of known streamer... just as that other girl who got divorced (Melina)

Top Bottom