• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maximilian Dood wins The Legacy Streamer Award | The Streamer Awards

PSYGN

I remember him posting MW3 (not the remaster) gameplays here before he got popular.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Good for him. he comes off as nice person. Videos like his loud ass youtube intro bugs me. Overall do like his streams.

That chick standing off to the podium just feels full of her self. I only watched the video in the thread but she just stood there looking at the crowd. It ain't for you honey.

RickMasters

I like his channel. I could easily beat him and Justin won’t at tekken though. Not as easily as I’d beat you lot at tekken though.

Anyways. Glad to see home win stuff.

SHA

This show is rubbish, what's streamers award? , I respect many streamers, they talk and make progress in games, they aren't just talkers or suck at playing games either. Cause in gaming, just talking is a gray area on yt.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I appreciate Max, but there's something about his personality that annoys me senseless. Really have no clue what it is, either. I enjoy his videos and wish the dude well, he's just failed to get the parasocial hooks in.

Only good stuff he's done were his mvc3 videos, the rest is the same cringe soy cuck content like his peers, because that gets the clicks.

Neolombax

I listen to his thoughts on fighting games occasionally, don't watch his streams or anything. Good for him, winning an award. I like his "rate the super" videos, his commentary and rating seems very nebulous and random.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I appreciate Max, but there's something about his personality that annoys me senseless. Really have no clue what it is, either. I enjoy his videos and wish the dude well, he's just failed to get the parasocial hooks in.
Is it how he says essentially 38 times a video even without it being the correct word for that sentence?

Futaleufu

I remember watching some of his Terry Bogard legacy videos. He is completely clueless about SNK fighting games yet he tried to pass as knowledgeable about games like Garou. And he is such a big fan he was asking the chat which games were safe to skip.

You were born yesterday? Top female streamer has a collaboration to brew beer using her pussy yeast.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
I thought you were joking. Then realised you probably are not in this mad world. So I decided to Google and ....

We really do live in a mad world.

OneDrop_

Neo Member
He annoyed me a bit with overpraising lies of p. Especially the last level which is famously bad.
It's a great game, don't get me wrong but he went on the tangent that it's better than from software games lol and how "you could fool me and others that it's a next from software game". I mean... absolutely not lol.
Edit: oh and fighting games are boring to stream honestly but I am not a fighting games man
So your mad he has a different opinion from you? Lol

peronmls

Watched him bitch multiple times playing silent hill 2. Never watched him again. “Chat I need help cause I’m losing interest quick.”

Last edited:
Good content, but always biased, and he became a little arrogant nowdays...(what he did with SNK and Sylvie Paula Paula was unexcusable. If i was SNK he was already blacklisted)

He don't represent the fighting games community AT ALL. (Maybe Capcom).

Who lives in a bubble, has no knowledge.

SkylineRKR

If you are looking for pure in depth fighting game stuff JWong might be better. He actually makes fun content. Usually trolls a bit, but compliments good reads by opponents as well.

Futaleufu

Good content, but always biased, and he became a little arrogant nowdays...(what he did with SNK and Sylvie Paula Paula was unexcusable. If i was SNK he was already blacklisted)

Considering how shitty his Duo Lon preview was and how he didnt had one for Hinako I think that may already be the case.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What does "legacy streamer" mean? Sounds like they're saying he's old and not cool with the kids. Which is exactly the kind of streamer I can enjoy.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
He has a contagious love and enthusiasm for everything FF7. Listen to his pure joy when Sepirtoh is revealed for Smash.

People who used the "lol" emote on my comment, i would love to see why!
Let's talk, don't hit and run!

Last edited:
Congrats to him but "the streamer awards" sounds like a literal nightmare and hell on earth.
Steamer Awards :poop:
This show is rubbish, what's streamers award?
I agree that The Streamer Awards needs growth. Right now it is still kind of a 'cool kids club' with Ludwig, QTCinderella, OTK, and OTV (Probably all 'who's' to this forum's audience) but the more they branch out and celebrate streamers that aren't within that specific click, then I think the awards show will improve over time.

What does "legacy streamer" mean?
Same thing as other legacy or icon awards in other shows. He is someone who has been around for years, and he put in work behind the scenes for two streams, the FGC, and EVO in multiple ways that most people here and elsewhere will likely never know.

Last edited:

SHA

I agree that The Streamer Awards needs growth. Right now it is still kind of a 'cool kids club' with Ludwig, QTCinderella, OTK, and OTV (Probably all 'who's' to this forum's audience) but the more they branch out and celebrate streamers that aren't within that specific click, then I think the awards show will improve over time.
Right, I'm not against the idea, we got this positive thing on one side, and the other side we got fanboying and console waring, they take care of the industry single-handedly, they're powerful individuals.

I'm really not a huge fan of the whole youtuber game streaming culture, but from the videos I've seen of him he seems like a decent dude, so happy for him.
He's part of what I consider to be the Justin.tv generation of streamers, who were mostly dudes and dudettes in their rooms and basements just enjoying and discussing video games. I also count the early days of Twitch as an extension of JTV.

I consider Day9, Annemunition, Dansgaming, Trihex, ManvsGame, Sodapoppin (not many know this about him), 4Playerpodcast, Totalbiscuit, etc. to be part of that generation.

This was all before Twitch made Just Talking and Outdoors their most featured sections and opened those floodgates.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
He's part of what I consider to be the Justin.tv generation of streamers, who were mostly dudes and dudettes in their rooms and basements just enjoying and discussing video games. I also count the early days of Twitch as an extension of JTV.

I consider Day9, Annemunition, Dansgaming, Trihex, ManvsGame, Sodapoppin (not many know this about him), 4Playerpodcast, Totalbiscuit, etc. to be part of that generation.

This was all before Twitch made Just Talking and Outdoors their most featured sections and opened those floodgates.
Anne was around back then? Weird. I thought she only came into the scene when R6 & Tarkov became a thing on twitch. What did she play back then?

Day9 fell off a cliff. Insane how he was the defacto streamer at the time of SC2 hype, then never could recover. Dude looks 59 years old and run down now playing MTG arena lol.

Soda remains as relevant as ever. The cream of the crap.

Anne was around back then? Weird. I thought she only came into the scene when R6 & Tarkov became a thing on twitch. What did she play back then?
She was around before then and did variety. I think her popularity skyrocketed more with R6.

Day9 fell off a cliff. Insane how he was the defacto streamer at the time of SC2 hype, then never could recover. Dude looks 59 years old and run down now playing MTG arena lol.
Lately he’s been hosting the PC Gaming show every Summer Games Fest(and E3 before that). I do agree that solo streaming takes a lot out of these guys, as even Max thanked all of his editors on stage and afterwards on stream.
Soda remains as relevant as ever.
I have to admit Soda is the one anomaly to me. Not only has he been remaining relevant, but he’s also been one of the big reasons behind many indie games that blew up in popularity, because he played them on stream and other streamers followed suit all because he started the wave.

A great example of this is Among Us and more recently Vampire Survivors. Both were traced back to him.

Part of the reason why OTK now has a summer indie expo at Summer Games Fest is due to his actions. It’s wild stuff.

taizuke

He posts over at Resetera. Fuck this guy.

Unless he has said something overtly woke i don't see the problem. I certainly don't approve of the place but he shouldn't be judged for it. I saw him react to the recent Stellar Blade trailer and he said "he can see himself playing it".

If we're not careful we can become the very same people we dislike, judging others for one thing. And, i'll admit i certainly have been guilty of it in the past.

Top Bottom