• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McConnell now says American people will not tolerate blocking Supreme Court nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Some senate Republican even said if Hillary won, they would sit on that empty seat for 4 years. When they go low... why do we go high? Fuck that noise.

TheContact

I'm pretty sure Mitch McConnell hired servants to dress him in the morning and give him an agenda to persue because this guy is clearly a dillisional. I'll always think of him as a turtle thanks to the daily show

Not

Banned
Some senate Republican even said if Hillary won, they would sit on that empty seat for 4 years. When they go low... why do we go high? Fuck that noise.

Because liars don't have anything to lose by going low, while honest people have everything.

slit

McConnell is such a fucking turd! If I was in the same room with him I wouldn't be able to help but puke.

ElRenoRaven

Seeing shit like this really makes me wonder if I'm not in the Twilight Zone. It really does. You know we used to raise kids to grow up and act like adults, and to talk and work on compromises. Sure we as adults don't always get along but we would act civil to each other at least for the most part. Somewhere it went off rails. Now everyone even the older generations are like fuck you all. It's my way or the highway. I'm gonna get mine.

These people are paid to handle shit and run the country yet they act like children and refuse for almost a year to even have votes or hell even discuss Obama's pick. Then they jump through some mental gymnastics when democrats say they'll fight against crazy nominations and lose their shit. That to any sane person would make no sense yet this is how the world works now days. These are the people running our country. This is our society.

Fox Mulder

Because liars don't have anything to lose by going low, while honest people have everything.

The Republicans have destroyed the left on all levels of government and haven't been punished for any of the shit they do. Outright lies and obstructionism that hurts people.

At least we have the good feelings of going high though!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fuck off and die already, you worthless sack of shit, McConnell. It'll be the first time you did anything good for this world.

What amazes more than anything is how fucking little this shit gets called out. Where are the politicians on the left to call out this shit? Where?! I truly why so much of this stuff has gone so unchallenged in a public way outside a few brief mentions here and there from Obama from time to time. Jesus, isn't there any Democrats with some fucking balls? We need some fire in our party, or we might as well just sit down and let them steamroll us, because they do not give a shit about anything.

JavyOO7

Democrats won't do anything. Maybe they'll block for a few months but Repub pressure will be enough for them to cave.

azyless

I'm not american so maybe I'm missing things here but I don't even understand how it's possible and tolerated that republicans just block the president's nomination because they don't like it. Goes for democrats too, I haven't really heard any revolt from them on something that will affect the Supreme Court for decades to come. The whole thing just seems like a whole lot of nonsense to me tbh.

I'm not american so maybe I'm missing things here but I don't even understand how it's possible and tolerated that republicans just block the president's nomination because they don't like it. Goes for democrats too, I haven't really heard any revolt from them on something that will affect the Supreme Court for decades to come. The whole thing just seems like a whole lot of nonsense to me tbh.

It's tolerated because a large part of the population has become so politicized in how they look at life, that anything and everything the Republicans do is good as long as it's against the other team. There is some of this on the left side, but it's not nearly as prominent or as energized as the right has become over the last decade. And a large part of this demographic are either so enraged or so uneducated or a combination of both that don't understand how government works, so they scream right along with cocksuckers like McConnell when they promise to block their 'enemies,' and then turn right again to scream at those 'enemies' might possibly do the same thing.

It's tolerated because a large part of the population has become so politicized in how they look at life, that anything and everything the Republicans do is good as long as it's against the other team. There is some of this on the left side, but it's not nearly as prominent or as energized as the right has become over the last decade. And a large part of this demographic are either so enraged or so uneducated or a combination of both that don't understand how government works, so they scream right along with cocksuckers like McConnell when they promise to block their 'enemies,' and then turn right again to scream at those 'enemies' might possibly do the same thing.

I think it's also the case that large portions of our populace don't at all understand how any of this works (or is supposed to work), making it much easier for assholes like McConnell to sell them on bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom