• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's bringing back 2 for $5 deal, adding triple cheeseburger to selection list

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonald's Returns McPick 2 for $5 and Adds Triple Cheeseburger to the Choices

McDonald's is giving the McPick 2 for $5 deal another national run and adds the Triple Cheeseburger to the available selection in place of the Big Mac.

Available for a limited time at participating locations, you can get your choice of any two of the following for $5:

- Triple Cheeseburger
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- Filet-O-Fish
- 10-piece Chicken McNuggets

The Triple Cheeseburger was previously only available in select markets so it remains to be seen whether it'll stick around nationally after the promotional run is finished. It comes with three hamburger patties and two slices of cheese but is otherwise the same as a McDonald's Cheeseburger or McDouble.

pa4MDrQ.jpg

i'd take the 3x burger i guess. the other doesn't even sound like they should be part of the 2 for $5 especially the nuggets.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The regular old cheeseburger is one of my favorite things there so this speaks to me and I see it as an upgrade.

Kibbles

They have a Large Fry on that list at my local McDonalds even though it's $2.39???? Cheaper than half smh. Quarter Pounder, Large Fry, and Large Soda come out to about the same as the meal iirc, lame.
McDs has nothing on Wendys 4 for 4

Saw this at my local McD's near work this week. I wonder how many lbs. the triple is. 3/8?

When I worked at McDonald's from 08-10, they referred to the patties by their pre-cooked weight.

Angus was 3-1, Quarter Pounder was 4-1, and the regular patties were 10-1

So, about a third of a pound before cooking.

Still though, for those who don't like the Quarter pounder bun and want a different mouthfeel, the triple is a good pick. I prefer it to the Quarter pounder tbh.

The 2 for 5 is what I get when I'm on the road for work that day. Good stuff.

Why no big Mac? Is the center bun and 1000 island dressing more expensive than a third patty?

They'll probably rotate it in, some regions have it already. I know for a while we didn't have the Quarter pounder but had the Big mac.

JBuccCP

Meh. Wendys 4 for $4 or BK's thing are still the best. Sonic's Box is ok but the quality of the hot dog varies wildy.

bebop242

McDonalds is trash now. Don't get me wrong, it's always been trash but at least it was trash on the cheap. Now you can get better food for the same price or cheaper elsewhere.

Red

Probably accurate, a buddy who used to work at McD told me that all the standard patties are 2 oz.
Before cooking? I got a quarter pounder deluxe yesterday. I think it was my first time at McDonald's since they changed their burgers. I thought it was great. Don't know if it was thanks to the staff or if there has been a franchise-wide improvement, but that single burger was probably like in the top five best fast food meals I've ever had. It made my day.

Skeletron

McDouble remains uncrowned king of cheapass post gym snack for anyone trying to bulk.

22 grams of protein for approx. $1.35
22 ÷ 1.35 = 16 grams of protein per dollar.

Triple cheeseburger 32 grams protein
32 grams ÷ $2.50 = 12 grams per dollar

jaypah

McDouble remains uncrowned king of cheapass post gym snack for anyone trying to bulk.

Triple cheese burger is 2 for 5 but I can get four mcdoubles for the same price.

This is why I rock with GAF so heavy. I wasn't going to get this info on instagram.

M52B28

Banned

I know, right. Such a good value.

Bread

Banned

Plus you can get 2 mcdoubles for $2.50, so they are even cheaper than this!

Lkr

You need the extra slice of cheese doe, gotta get that full on double cheeseburger.
Will this get rid of the 2 for $3 they have now? I hope not because that's a much better deal

maxcriden

Probably accurate, a buddy who used to work at McD told me that all the standard patties are 2 oz.

When I worked at McDonald's from 08-10, they referred to the patties by their pre-cooked weight.

Angus was 3-1, Quarter Pounder was 4-1, and the regular patties were 10-1

So, about a third of a pound before cooking.

Still though, for those who don't like the Quarter pounder bun and want a different mouthfeel, the triple is a good pick. I prefer it to the Quarter pounder tbh.

The 2 for 5 is what I get when I'm on the road for work that day. Good stuff.

They'll probably rotate it in, some regions have it already. I know for a while we didn't have the Quarter pounder but had the Big mac.

Thank you both for the clarification. Sounds like the triple is the best bet then if you're seeking a burger in this deal.

gspec

The triple cheeseburger is $2.89 here in New Orleans. I can get two mcdoubles for $2.78 or 1 mcdouble and a cheeseburger for $2.49. three mcdoubles for $4.17 instead of 2 triple for $5.

Skeletron

Right! I usually get two McDoubles after the gym and it comes out to $2.70 so I just cut that in half but I guess that's including tax.

Also the key to the McDouble is to request "no ketchup, no mustard, substitute Mac sauce." And don't let them try any of that "ADD Mac sauce" bullshit which adds another 20 cents. Just means they are unaware "SUB Mac sauce" exists, which is free.

Bread

Banned
Right! I always get two McDoubles and it comes out to $2.70 so I just cut that in half but I guess that's including tax.

Also the key to the McDouble is to request "no ketchup, no mustard, substitute Mac sauce." And don't let them try any of that "ADD Mac sauce" bullshit which adds another 20 cents. Just means they are unaware "SUB Mac sauce" exists, which is free.
Oh shit I didn't know this! I know what I'm getting for lunch.

Sanjuro

Triple cheeseburger always felt like that cousin you didn't see too often. Just would sometimes show up and be ready to party.

Is it regular now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom